20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2635 (resized).JPG
IMG_2634 (resized).JPG
IMG_2633 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,766 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 376.
#8301 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Updated to 2.7 yesterday. Put about 20-30 games on. No issues at all. I have the standard build.

Can you confirm if you've left the game running 3-5 hours and not locking up? This would be valuable information

#8302 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Can you confirm if you've left the game running 3-5 hours and not locking up? This would be valuable information

I often leave the machine running all afternoon - have run into the lockup problem twice total in 3 months of operation

#8303 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

I often leave the machine running all afternoon - have run into the lockup problem twice total in 3 months of operation

Has anyone reached out to PB about this?
Sounds like a software issue

#8304 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

I would say it was running for atleast 2-3 hours with no issues.

#8305 1 year ago

Hi Guys, I recently purchased a Alien LV shipped to me and running into all sort of issues. Frustrating of course, but as I am waiting for support to confirm this maybe someone here can be quicker to respond. The attached is a few pics of boards I noticed connections are off... I have a hard time believing that this would all come lose in shipping - but never know. I am reluctant on connecting as it maybe un-used. The following are problems that may of course stem from these connections become lose and no longer connected ...

1. The "air lock" VUK is super weak and unable to launch balls back into play; tech support suggested to increase coil strength in adjustments. I did that but same thing.
2. the beacon on top of backbox not working in test mode.
3. small display on playfield is dead - nothing; tech support keeps asking to check connections, which I have done multiple times but seems all good. I was going to remove the small display to check connection underneath unit.
4. game seems to lose track of balls in trough - ends game early, or doesn't launch balls into play when it should.

Any suggestions would be appreciated - or at minimum confirm if on your game these connection in the pics are connected.

Thanks!

20220704_143904 (resized).jpg20220704_143904 (resized).jpg20220704_143852 (resized).jpg20220704_143852 (resized).jpg20220704_143928 (resized).jpg20220704_143928 (resized).jpg20220704_143950 (resized).jpg20220704_143950 (resized).jpg
#8306 1 year ago

Those are not supposed to be connected, they are for the leds in the targets and are not used

#8307 1 year ago

You didn’t show target 4. That also shouldn’t be connected. All five weapon targets have no programming.

#8308 1 year ago
Quoted from AttilaK:

Hi Guys, I recently purchased a Alien LV shipped to me and running into all sort of issues. Frustrating of course, but as I am waiting for support to confirm this maybe someone here can be quicker to respond. The attached is a few pics of boards I noticed connections are off... I have a hard time believing that this would all come lose in shipping - but never know. I am reluctant on connecting as it maybe un-used. The following are problems that may of course stem from these connections become lose and no longer connected ...
1. The "air lock" VUK is super weak and unable to launch balls back into play; tech support suggested to increase coil strength in adjustments. I did that but same thing.
2. the beacon on top of backbox not working in test mode.
3. small display on playfield is dead - nothing; tech support keeps asking to check connections, which I have done multiple times but seems all good. I was going to remove the small display to check connection underneath unit.
4. game seems to lose track of balls in trough - ends game early, or doesn't launch balls into play when it should.
Any suggestions would be appreciated - or at minimum confirm if on your game these connection in the pics are connected.
Thanks![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

1. I would make sure there is a solid solder connection on the coil lugs, often these coils are not well soldered and / or may be broken under the heat shrink

2. Can you show pics of the beacon connections?

3. Yes you should remove the display and check the connectors.

4. Make sure the trough connections are solid. You should see an led on the board for each ball in the trough,+ ball jamb, wiggle the connection to make sure the leds don’t change state. Also make sure balls are not magnetized and sticking to the trough. In general make sure all connections are tight

#8309 1 year ago

I did a lazy set up with KJS’s Translite on my SV (no back lighting only around inside of translite back box lining). I FINALLY did it right with a frame, the back lighting etc. It was really cool before. Now it’s just freaking incredible. I just keep staring at it. May be best mod ever.

Can’t wait til apron and beacons mod arrives- I’m going to lock myself in the basement. What a pin.

#8310 1 year ago

Have a query in regards to the delta updates. The PB instructions for 2.7 state "Update will work on any previous updates. Alien(s) - V2.0R1.2 → v2.2 → 2.3→ 2.4→ 2.5→ 2.6 → 2.7". So saying it'll work on any previous update, I've assumed that if I was running 2.5 I could go directly to 2.7, yet I see that the 2.6 update is 44MB while 2.7 is only 396KB ... hence I'm now thinking that delta updates need to be applied sequentially in order (eg 2.5→ 2.6 → 2.7).

For those who have rebuilt their game with 2.2, were you able to then update it directly to the latest release or did you need to sequentially update via each of the minor releases? I'm thinking this might have been possible previously but maybe the 2.7 update can only be applied to 2.6??

#8311 1 year ago

I’m still 2.5 with no issues, I’ll leave it there as I don’t want to risk introducing a problem till I see others with no issues.

#8312 1 year ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

I’m still 2.5 with no issues, I’ll leave it there as I don’t want to risk introducing a problem till I see others with no issues.

C'mon mate where's the fun in that

#8313 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Have a query in regards to the delta updates. The PB instructions for 2.7 state "Update will work on any previous updates. Alien(s) - V2.0R1.2 → v2.2 → 2.3→ 2.4→ 2.5→ 2.6 → 2.7". So saying it'll work on any previous update, I've assumed that if I was running 2.5 I could go directly to 2.7, yet I see that the 2.6 update is 44MB while 2.7 is only 396KB ... hence I'm now thinking that delta updates need to be applied sequentially in order (eg 2.5→ 2.6 → 2.7).
For those who have rebuilt their game with 2.2, were you able to then update it directly to the latest release or did you need to sequentially update via each of the minor releases? I'm thinking this might have been possible previously but maybe the 2.7 update can only be applied to 2.6??

I went from the rebuild 2.2 straight to 2.6. Haven’t done 2.7 yet.

#8314 1 year ago

I would 'hope' it would be a cumulative update and you could go from any version to the latest.

#8315 1 year ago

Here we go,
Artwork printed under all metal & plastic posts,

Anyway moving forward now.

SAM_0921 (resized).JPGSAM_0921 (resized).JPG

#8316 1 year ago

Invoiced and paid in full today. Now for the real wait. If the FB post was right my game will be built in the next two weeks!

#8317 1 year ago

Invoiced today as well. It said the game will be at their facility next week. We shall see...

#8318 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

So saying it'll work on any previous update, I've assumed that if I was running 2.5 I could go directly to 2.7, yet I see that the 2.6 update is 44MB while 2.7 is only 396KB ... hence I'm now thinking that delta updates need to be applied sequentially in order (eg 2.5→ 2.6 → 2.7).

2.6 is larger than the others because it was the first release for the Limited Version, and had extra files intended for the LV on it. The original thinking was that this update would be ONLY for the LV at the factory, and a subsequent 2.6 "light" would be released later for the SV, but we went ahead and released the same code for everybody. The LV-only files are just ignored.

As of 2.7, the release size is back to normal. If you have an SV, you should definitely be able to update from 2.2 to any newer version without any trouble. If this ever changes, it will be clearly noted. For LV, 2.6 is the minimum that has LV support, so don't install 2.5 or earlier on it.

- Brian

#8319 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Invoiced today as well. It said the game will be at their facility next week. We shall see...

What is your game number Chalkey ?

#8320 1 year ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Here we go,
[quoted image]

Mine doesn’t have art under that post.

682306A4-831C-4C43-9710-2F358CA2463B (resized).jpeg682306A4-831C-4C43-9710-2F358CA2463B (resized).jpeg
#8321 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Invoiced and paid in full today. Now for the real wait. If the FB post was right my game will be built in the next two weeks!

How did you determine the next 2 weeks? Thx

#8322 1 year ago

What is your game number Chalkey ?

Ditto what’s your game number?

#8323 1 year ago

https://fb.watch/dYr9Xl06-J/
States they are about to hit 500 games shipped. Over 100 LV's in the world. If this tracking information is right I'm due on the 29th week....

I’m LV 172

#8324 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Mine doesn’t have art under that post.[quoted image]

Time for some petg clear washers.. Just ordered a bunch for mine.

#8325 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

interesting, so this is the latest version of this PF? how many of you have art under posts?

#8326 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

interesting, so this is the latest version of this PF? how many of you have art under posts?

i have an early pf... art under all posts and white plastics.

#8327 1 year ago

Anyone have the washer sizes for the posts on the game?

#8328 1 year ago

Are they delivering in order of LV # or is it random?

#8329 1 year ago

Quoted from cpr9999:Are they delivering in order of LV # or is it random?

You really think they've already shipped 172 LV's ?!

#8330 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Are they delivering in order of LV # or is it random?

Well it's not by LV # which might be due to people requesting specific game numbers. Also different countries seemed to have received different blocks of game numbers but even those weren't all sequential

#8331 1 year ago

I never received a game number unless it was in one of the order emails somewhere.

#8332 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Lv #002

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#8333 1 year ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Here we go,
[quoted image]

Wow I thought the new pinball brothers playfields were like indestructible

#8334 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Wow I thought the new pinball brothers playfields were like indestructible

agreed, I was disappointed to see. I guess their videos were maybe about the inserts more? I am not sure. Clearly these modern printing methods can't survive posts.

#8335 1 year ago

This particular issue is more of a design issue than a PF issue I think. The post in question gets a ton of impact and is frankly too narrow and short to absorb that abuse. Even with washers in and the longer bolts it still tends to bite into the PF over time. I don't think there is really a good solution for it as it is built. A true fix would probably be to drill out the hole bigger and put a much larger post in there with a wider base. Maybe even a metal sleeve that goes through the hole and onto the top / or bottom for more support for the post.

#8336 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

This particular issue is more of a design issue than a PF issue I think. The post in question gets a ton of impact and is frankly too narrow and short to absorb that abuse. Even with washers in and the longer bolts it still tends to bite into the PF over time. I don't think there is really a good solution for it as it is built. A true fix would probably be to drill out the hole bigger and put a much larger post in there with a wider base. Maybe even a metal sleeve that goes through the hole and onto the top / or bottom for more support for the post.

JP has a similar post also in front of upper flipper and the post is a regular post, however, it is sitting on a thick metal washer from the factory.

#8337 1 year ago

JP has a similar post also in front of upper flipper and the post is a regular post, however, it is sitting on a thick metal washer from the factory.

In this case, the washer really is not enough. Part of the initial issue was that the post was too short and only went a thread or 2 into the metal catch on the back of the pf.(blanking on the name right now). They did provide longer posts, but there just isn't enough strength there to prevent the post from bending. I added a washer early on, and I can see it is digging into the pf. There needs to be some more reinforcement on the back side.

#8338 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I don’t know man I have 30 plus pinball machines including jjp , I never had a single
Playfield chip so far , looks like defective playfield to me

#8339 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I don’t know man I have 30 plus pinball machines including jjp , I never had a single
Playfield chip so far , looks like defective playfield to me

That one could be, mine isn't chipping... but that post is a known point of failure.

#8340 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

In this case, the washer really is not enough. Part of the initial issue was that the post was too short and only went a thread or 2 into the metal catch on the back of the pf.(blanking on the name right now). They did provide longer posts, but there just isn't enough strength there to prevent the post from bending. I added a washer early on, and I can see it is digging into the pf. There needs to be some more reinforcement on the back side.

How is this post currently attached to the pf? is it a T-nut? if it is then I am thinking that the T-nut is flexing on impact and changing the axis and it will bend. A nut would be a poor choice here and I would change that out. Curious to know how it is currently attached.

Jp had this exactly same issue on initial runs and it was solved by replacing the post and adding a washer and nut under the PF and on top.
The hole for the post in JP is actually oversized, this meaning, it was actually an afterthought, as this was also an issue in the initial runs of JP. The post dot not move nor wiggle nor it changes location after hundreds of plays even though the hole is oversized (by not much fyi)

I would just take that post out and put a thicker, longer post (with more thread) and add thick washer. Would actually use the exact same post used in JP.

I have had zero issues in Jurassic Park using this new post (my game is relatively new but almost 800 plays now) and the post has not budged nor moved (and it gets hit by a lot of balls all the time).

#8341 1 year ago

How is this post currently attached to the pf? is it a T-nut? if it is then I am thinking that the T-nut is flexing on impact and changing the axis and it will bend. A nut would be a poor choice here and I would change that out. Curious to know how it is currently attached.
Jp had this exactly same issue on initial runs and it was solved by replacing the post and adding a washer and nut under the PF and on top.
The hole for the post in JP is actually oversized, this meaning, it was actually an afterthought, as this was also an issue in the initial runs of JP. The post dot not move nor wiggle nor it changes location after hundreds of plays even though the hole is oversized (by not much fyi)
I would just take that post out and put a thicker, longer post (with more thread) and add thick washer. Would actually use the exact same post used in JP.
I have had zero issues in Jurassic Park using this new post (my game is relatively new but almost 800 plays now) and the post has not budged nor moved (and it gets hit by a lot of balls all the time).

This post is used on WOZ at the outhole...takes a beating...https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/530-5005-00

#8342 1 year ago

Tnut, yeah that's what I couldn't think of. They did send out a nut to go with the longer post but there is not enough room for a nut and a washer as the flipper assembly is right over the top of this and the post is still too short for all of that extra. The nut barely makes it on. Just not enough room there.

#8343 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Tnut, yeah that's what I couldn't think of. They did send out a nut to go with the longer post but there is not enough room for a nut and a washer as the flipper assembly is right over the top of this and the post is still too short for all of that extra. The nut barely makes it on. Just not enough room there.

Ah...I don't have my game yet, but it it possible to mill/drill a hole in the bracket to allow access to the nut? not sure what exactly is above the nut clearance wise....anyone have a pic?

#8344 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Jp also has a flipper assy and it barely fits. gotta use the slimmer version of the nut for it to fit.

Other option is drilling a hole on the assy so the post and nut can protrude. The assy (if the same as Williams) is very soft so it can be neatly drilled in a sec really.

That said, the assy in JP just has the nut underneath and it fits. I would just use the same post and nut used on JP.

#8345 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Ah...I don't have my game yet, but it it possible to mill/drill a hole in the bracket to allow access to the nut? not sure what exactly is above the nut clearance wise....anyone have a pic?

lol we thought the same. Yes it is possible and actually much preferred so you can replace the post when needed without taking the assy off, which often included removing the flipper bat which is annoying lol.

I was going to drill the assy in my JP if this post became a problematic part needed lots of adjustments but it has been great since I adjusted it after 200 plays...

#8346 1 year ago

just checked my new game which was built in May. Theres no art under any of the posts except ones connected to ramps. Dunno when they switched over

#8347 1 year ago

LV #983 landed today.

F10F1DA0-FFC1-4968-884B-B433764906BF (resized).jpegF10F1DA0-FFC1-4968-884B-B433764906BF (resized).jpeg
#8348 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

LV #983 landed today.
[quoted image]

Did you specifically request that LV number?

#8349 1 year ago

It’s day 190 since I paid in full for Alien LV #32.
Feeling like it’s close now.
Went ahead and had shoulder surgery so I can’t play it for another 4 weeks, so maybe time will line up just right.
It is stateside at least.

#8350 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Did you specifically request that LV number?

Nope. Which is odd, because my invoice said LV#0137

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
$ 160.00
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,766 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 376.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/167?hl=manny65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.