Alien pinball (resized).jpg
20240414_165244 (resized).jpg
20240307_181954 (resized).jpg
20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,774 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 376.
#8201 1 year ago
Quoted from Niterider:

Has anyone had their playfield LCD screen stop working?

Are u referring heighway version ? There is no playfield lcd on pinball Bros

Edit Nevermind I forgot about the airlock
Sorry !

#8202 1 year ago
Quoted from Niterider:

Has anyone had their playfield LCD screen stop working?

Make sure the plug didn't come out. That happened to me once.

#8203 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Make sure the plug didn't come out. That happened to me once.

We tried a different HDMI cable but it still isn't doing anything. It does have 5v going to the screen...so I'm leaning towards a dead screen on a machine we have had for about a month.

#8204 1 year ago
Quoted from Niterider:

We tried a different HDMI cable but it still isn't doing anything. It does have 5v going to the screen...so I'm leaning towards a dead screen on a machine we have had for about a month.

Mine died and has been replaced. I was getting a small area at the top right of the main display trying to show the airlock screen.

A1456229-D5D6-4E3D-9CB4-84C1B10D3AC8 (resized).jpegA1456229-D5D6-4E3D-9CB4-84C1B10D3AC8 (resized).jpeg
#8205 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Mine died and has been replaced. I was getting a small area at the top right of the main display trying to show the airlock screen. [quoted image]

Did you get a replacement from pinball brothers via a warranty or did you just order one from somewhere?

#8206 1 year ago
Quoted from Niterider:

Did you get a replacement from pinball brothers via a warranty or did you just order one from somewhere?

Warranty. They were very quick too.

#8207 1 year ago

Had a recurring issue - Alien mouth gets stuck with tongue out - and holding a ball. Never pulls in. When the game/mode finishes, it doesn't reset. Only fix is to power/on off, but has fixed both times this has occurred (maybe once a month)

I'm on version 2.6. Was considering upgrading to 2.7 but admittedly the game appears pretty stable aside from this issue and occasional lock up when on for over 3 hours or so, requiring a reboot.

Before I upgrade to 2.7, does anyone have an experience downgrading back to a previous version (i.e. version 2.6) or can forward instructions? Would rather not temporarily brick the system by way of a failed update.

Thanks

#8208 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Had a recurring issue - Alien mouth gets stuck with tongue out - and holding a ball. Never pulls in. When the game/mode finishes, it doesn't reset. Only fix is to power/on off, but has fixed both times this has occurred (maybe once a month)
I'm on version 2.6. Was considering upgrading to 2.7 but admittedly the game appears pretty stable aside from this issue and occasional lock up when on for over 3 hours or so, requiring a reboot.
Before I upgrade to 2.7, does anyone have an experience downgrading back to a previous version (i.e. version 2.6) or can forward instructions? Would rather not temporarily brick the system by way of a failed update.
Thanks

Have not seen this issue on 2.6. Might be a hardware issue...

But to your question, you can go back and forth with ease. I would just suggest a factory reset each time you change versions for now due to the changing config details.

#8209 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I have that clown blocked too. Talk about a complete waste.
Thumbs up this post if you think he should be banned….. maybe Robin will see.
My LV is still running without issue. Absolutely love it.

Why comment then ya goof? You're a salty nobody who got called a troll by someone you have a mancrush on. Asking for upvotes is as shameful as it gets

#8210 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Have not seen this issue on 2.6. Might be a hardware issue...
But to your question, you can go back and forth with ease. I would just suggest a factory reset each time you change versions for now due to the changing config details.

Thanks - can you link me to the factory reset? Assume this brings it down to 2.5 and then I apply 2.7 on it?

#8211 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Thanks - can you link me to the factory reset? Assume this brings it down to 2.5 and then I apply 2.7 on it?

Factory reset in the options menu - will just erase all your coil settings etc. so that the game is at default between software updates - the software update process is the same forwards or backwards I think..

#8212 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Not at the brightness I have them at. They have a perfect blue glow and I can actually see the ball when playing in a dark room that I keep my pins in.

Actually that was tastefully done.

#8213 1 year ago

Two questions. First, where can you find old code versions 2.5, 2.4, etc. Second, anyone else have issues with orbits and upper lane eddy switches being stuck ‘active’ on boot up? These switches won’t register during gameplay because won’t go on o inactive state. Rebooting game 3–4 times will usually solve the issue, but very annoying. Have a ticket, but has been a week without a solution. All connections firm. All lights work. No other issues. Running latest code.

#8214 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

where can you find old code versions 2.5, 2.4, etc

If you can't find them on the site, I have 2.2-2.7 archived on my computer.

#8215 1 year ago

Just gotta give some more props to PB support! Yesterday morning I raised a ticket due to one of the welds on the right ramp wireform separating (the game is still perfectly playable). Got a response within 10 minutes, and a replacement is already on its way via DHL express.

I mean, that's pretty damn good service.

#8216 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Thanks

The tounge would get bit and stay stuck out on mine too. Wasn't code related and the fix is on the support page. You got to tighten up the bolt is all.

https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80000709052-issue-xeno-calibration

#8217 1 year ago

This is happening more frequently - any suggested approach to remediate that is minimally destructive?

#8218 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

This is happening more frequently - any suggested approach to remediate that is minimally destructive?

Pull up on the hood?

#8219 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Just bend the upper ramp forks down a tiny bit so the ball doesn’t get stuck.

#8220 1 year ago

I’ve just had a major Doh! moment. My left flipper started phantom flipping and getting stuck up. I checked the flipper switch gap and was checking all connections and anything else it could have been. Started getting concerned it could be something major going on.
Contacted PB and explained the situation. Finally got back out to try a few other things tonight and I see this. Got absolutely no idea how I looked at the leaf gap and didn’t see the nut.
I’ve won the dopey award for the day.

DCE18682-3F53-4FA3-A126-CB532821DD20 (resized).jpegDCE18682-3F53-4FA3-A126-CB532821DD20 (resized).jpeg
#8221 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:I’ve just had a major Doh! moment. My left flipper started phantom flipping and getting stuck up. I checked the flipper switch gap and was checking all connections and anything else it could have been. Started getting concerned it could be something major going on.
Contacted PB and explained the situation. Finally got back out to try a few other things tonight and I see this. Got absolutely no idea how I looked at the leaf gap and didn’t see the nut.
I’ve won the dopey award for the day.
[quoted image]

Since the nut already off, best time to install LED flipper buttons!

#8222 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Contacted PB and explained the situation

There customer service is great ....
But too funny ....

#8223 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Can you show us what they look like installed?

Here they are installed, they look great!

03A71600-607B-4948-8350-EE083D879CC7 (resized).jpeg03A71600-607B-4948-8350-EE083D879CC7 (resized).jpeg
#8224 1 year ago

Those protectors look great! I am a bit late getting some.

59ACDB5B-5C4E-4490-B7EB-73F1DDE52E1D (resized).jpeg59ACDB5B-5C4E-4490-B7EB-73F1DDE52E1D (resized).jpeg
#8225 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

[quoted image]

they look really good, I am sure in person are still better.
Is that the only colour they make? I am wondering if blue might be a better combination since there is a lot of blue down there already or too much....
?

#8226 1 year ago

Where can I get a plastic protector set?

#8227 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

they look really good, I am sure in person are still better.
Is that the only colour they make? I am wondering if blue might be a better combination since there is a lot of blue down there already or too much....
?

Color Guard made a dark blue set. I feel like it just makes the game even darker though. Would have preferred clear

#8228 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Where can I get a plastic protector set?

Preferably clear if that’s available, although the green looks pretty great too.

#8229 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

[quoted image]

I like the hypersleep mod. Mind me asking where you got that from?

#8230 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Preferably clear if that’s available, although the green looks pretty great too.

Colywobbles makes them and he can do various colours

#8231 1 year ago
Quoted from RPZ:

I made it

#8232 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

The tounge would get bit and stay stuck out on mine too. Wasn't code related and the fix is on the support page. You got to tighten up the bolt is all.
https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80000709052-issue-xeno-calibration

This is great. I disabled it on mine as it kept sticking. I’ll have to try this fix.

#8233 1 year ago

Machine has gone haywire. It's been playing great until today. Issues:
1. Loading up all the balls at once
2. Xeno is constantly extending/retracting tongue
3. Drains aren't consistently registering
4. Airlock isn't always registering or returning ball
5. "Muther" isn't registering or releasing ball until reboot
6. It's dry firing during gameplay (if it's not busy doing issue 1)

Anyone got ideas?

Btw, this is my first pin.

#8234 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

[quoted image]

Looks great.

#8235 1 year ago
Quoted from Opivy:

Anyone got ideas?

Sounds like it's gonna be another bug hunt.

Seriously though, start by going through and checking cables/connectors and making sure they are tight.

Check the ball lane switch as that at least sounds like maybe that isn't registering. Hard to say if all these issues are related, but if they all started the same day they probably are.

#8236 1 year ago

Having a issue with my SV,
on boot up, the screen goes blank after the initial software code info/Xeno synchro,

if you press the green back button screen comes on (free play start ) for a few seconds.

It was doing this occasionally but just re started machine & came good.

check all cables etc,
any other tips ?

More info added,

Just realised screen isn't working in Attract mode, screen comes on game start.

#8237 1 year ago

Would you be interested in making more for sale?

#8238 1 year ago
Quoted from RPZ:

3d template for this is on thingiverse so get it 3d printed and then apply your own magic to it. I am working on mine right now.

#8239 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Would you be interested in making more for sale?

Ya sure I’ve sold some, send me a PM.

#8240 1 year ago

Link, stl?

Quoted from PeterG:

3d template for this is on thingiverse so get it 3d printed and then apply your own magic to it. I am working on mine right now.

#8241 1 year ago
Quoted from skywalker:

on boot up, the screen goes blank after the initial software code info/Xeno synchro,
if you press the green back button screen comes on (free play start ) for a few seconds.
check all cables etc,
any other tips ?
More info added,

When this happened to me - the hdmi connection the bottom of the playfield screen needed to be pushed in. Oddly this caused intermittent backglass screen, not intermittent playfield screen

#8242 1 year ago
Quoted from Opivy:

Anyone got ideas?

-First guess, are your balls sticking to the trough? This could cause loading multiple balls, also the 'drain not registering' issue. Maybe use a trough shim?
-Random firing during gameplay is a noted issue, happens less to me now that I have trough shim. If it doesnt effect gameplay dont worry about it.
-Airlock, Muthr not registering is weird, agreed check the cabling that runs to those optos.

I believe the game 'counts' balls by the optos in the trough, so maybe all your opto switches are intermittent? Again, could be the cabling, or maybe a more higher-up issue. Open a ticket with PBros, and let us know how this works out for you!

#8244 1 year ago

Does anyone know the dimensions of the flippers and posts for this game. Trying to get a bunch of glow titan pinball rubbers and not sure if pinball bros has different dimensions for the flippers, upper flippers, slings, and posts? Also has anyone used the glow rubbers and wants to share/picture the final product would be awesome!! Feel like this game is perfect for the glow effect.

#8245 1 year ago

What’s the number of LV’s that have been shipped to the USA? Just curious if anyone knows.

#8246 1 year ago
Quoted from Salty:

Does anyone know the dimensions of the flippers and posts for this game. Trying to get a bunch of glow titan pinball rubbers and not sure if pinball bros has different dimensions for the flippers, upper flippers, slings, and posts? Also has anyone used the glow rubbers and wants to share/picture the final product would be awesome!! Feel like this game is perfect for the glow effect.

Usual pinball rubber sizes. Here's a list of all used in the game.

1004-01-02-00_Rev_A_Alien_Rubber_List.pdf1004-01-02-00_Rev_A_Alien_Rubber_List.pdf
#8247 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Usual pinball rubber sizes. Here's a list of all used in the game.[quoted image]

Hi.. you actually need only 8 of the #3 and need 2 of #5.. I just did rubber swap complete... save you some shipping to get it right. The 2 number 5s go on the asdjsutable outlanes under the left and right elevated plastics. I sent this in to Pbros for update.

#8248 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Hi.. you actually need only 8 of the #3 and need 2 of #5.. I just did rubber swap complete... save you some shipping to get it right. The 2 number 5s go on the asdjsutable outlanes under the left and right elevated plastics. I sent this in to Pbros for update.

Thanks so much!

#8249 1 year ago
Quoted from Opivy:

Anyone got ideas?

What machine number do you have? What’s the build date? Is this a earlier or later build?

#8250 1 year ago

You have probably updated from 2.4 or 2.5 and skipped 2.6, and installed LV presets. And your LV attract video is missing, that came in update 2.6, you can find it in update page on pb's support site. Or go to service menu and install SV preset

Quoted from skywalker:

check all cables etc,
any other tips ?
More info added,

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Woodstock, GA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 18,774 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 376.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/165 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.