20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2635 (resized).JPG
IMG_2634 (resized).JPG
IMG_2633 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,749 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 375.
#8101 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

If you had to name a game that’s very similar in play and atmosphere ,what would that game be ? Just having some fun during the wait

That is a hard one, the sounds are so immersive. I think David did a great job. I like the spinner sound, de deep space sounds like you are inside of the ship and you hear things. The Sentry guns going of. And when you finish the game there is this orchestra so nice. Only game I can think of is Dracula but you need the pinsound on that one with the movie theme. My Tron has also great music in it, but not that immersive sounds. Most of my other games have humor in it (Elvira, Ghostbuster, Indiana Jones, even Mando). Alien does not have that, and that is a good thing.

#8102 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Today was all day alien mods. Just ran the LEDs for the amazing backbox mod KJS Pinball (Kurt) made. Couldn't be happier. However I think I need invisaglass or something anti reflective. My led strips are reflecting.
Have any of you alien owners gone for some widebody anti reflection glass? What do people recommend?

Thanks for the kind words
..I keep pinching myself on how good it turned out.

Lots of plans for similar mods for other games in the works.

#8103 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m waiting on a LV ,was told probably July .I’m hoping that’s the case but in todays day I’ll just wait for the call here on out .Ive only played it once on vacation in FL and there were issues with it so couldn’t really get a good take .On location I’m just looking how a game shoots and to get a little feel for the atmosphere as that you can never tell until you get one home .If you had to name a game that’s very similar in play and atmosphere ,what would that game be ? Just having some fun during the wait

I agree with Peter...only game I can think is close to atmosphere would be a blinged out Dracula running pinsound... It does not play like a widebody imo at all.

#8104 1 year ago

I am running ver.2.5 with no issues. Can I update to 2.7 without updating to 2.6 first?

#8105 1 year ago
Quoted from Chopper36:

I am running ver.2.5 with no issues. Can I update to 2.7 without updating to 2.6 first?

Yes

#8106 1 year ago

I also finally got around to finishing the install of my mods last night! Got my KJS backglasses all mounted and lit - mirror blades installed and some flipper / trough lighting. The new lights really add to the atmosphere and Ive never seen a game that suited mirror blades better than this one! Lovin it!

20220620_031216.jpg20220620_031216.jpg20220620_031223.jpg20220620_031223.jpg
#8107 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

I also finally got around to finishing the install of my mods last night! Got my KJS backglasses all mounted and lit - mirror blades installed and some flipper / trough lighting. The new lights really add to the atmosphere and Ive never seen a game that suited mirror blades better than this one! Lovin it!
[quoted image][quoted image]

One more mod is needed . Lighted green flipper buttons. LOL.

Looking good.

#8108 1 year ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

One more mod is needed . Lighted green flipper buttons. LOL.
Looking good.

Where are you buying those from?

#8109 1 year ago

Use the britemods ones from Pinball life...Wpc will work.just supply 12v.

20220212_113144 (resized).jpg20220212_113144 (resized).jpg
#8110 1 year ago

Agreed on that! I went with the cheapie method and just stuck some wedge lamp bases in there. As long as you dont mind the light pollution

2022-06-2012.13.276643920703395203696.jpg2022-06-2012.13.276643920703395203696.jpg

2022-06-2012.16.142185332244869749167.jpg2022-06-2012.16.142185332244869749167.jpg

20220620_122011.jpg20220620_122011.jpg
#8111 1 year ago
Quoted from KJS:

Use the britemods ones from Pinball life...Wpc will work.just supply 12v.[quoted image]

Nice! Looking tough!

#8112 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

That looks awesome! I'm waiting on my translite mod from KJS. What LED strip did you use? And did you go all the way around? Or just the left and right and not the top?

I'm sure there are more elegant ways of doing this but this is how I pulled it off for an easy install and independent control of two strips.

12v RGB 5050 led strip lights(any brand 5050 will do)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K15PMT4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

switching power supply
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07X1LBK19/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

2 Light Strip Controllers
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AF5YOK2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

hardwire adapter for strip controller
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015OCV5XY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

2 pack RGB Extension Cable (had extra cable I had to coil)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082FGJN7G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

The only part I would do different is the LED strip on the top facing down reflects on the playfield. I would also suggest disconnecting the stock white led strips in the backbox LCD/computer. Here is the guide to do that https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80000937592--how-to-check-test-led-strip-in-screen-box

overview video

#8113 1 year ago

Thanks for taking the time to post that, very helpful!

#8114 1 year ago

I sent eBay link and detailed pics to guys who got modded translites.

#8115 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Today was all day alien mods. Just ran the LEDs for the amazing backbox mod KJS Pinball (Kurt) made. Couldn't be happier. However I think I need invisaglass or something anti reflective. My led strips are reflecting.
Have any of you alien owners gone for some widebody anti reflection glass? What do people recommend?

I also have Kurt’s fantastic backbox mod and did install anti reflective glass, I can highly recommend it because the LED reflection is significantly less.

#8116 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Thanks for taking the time to post that, very helpful!

Happy to help.

#8117 1 year ago
Quoted from Sjoend:

I also have Kurt’s fantastic backbox mod and did install anti reflective glass, I can highly recommend it because the LED reflection is significantly less.

May I ask which anti reflective glass you ordered that fits alien?

#8118 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Putting a sheet of Voodoo glass in WHEN the SV shows up.

#8119 1 year ago

Anyone recommend how to make this tough shot? Is it makeable from the lower left flipper?

Whenever I get to the "Bug Hunt" mode, and attempt to complete before the colonist 'chest burster' scene, I can never make this shot.

I'm thinking i need to start from the bottom right flipper, bounce to the "MU/TH/R" , and then attempt to shoot from the mid left. Any suggestions?

hardshot (resized).pnghardshot (resized).png
#8120 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Anyone recommend how to make this tough shot? Is it makeable from the lower left flipper?
Whenever I get to the "Bug Hunt" mode, and attempt to complete before the colonist 'chest burster' scene, I can never make this shot.
I'm thinking i need to start from the bottom right flipper, bounce to the "MU/TH/R" , and then attempt to shoot from the mid left. Any suggestions?[quoted image]

Up to Muthr and then shoot it with the upper left flipper ... my Muthr eject is a little variable, so it's not the easiest. I have hit it several times by chance from the lower left but my flipper is slightly drooped and it is possibly dependent upon the ball speed as it comes onto the flipper from the return lane. I've been meaning to realign my flippers but once I discovered this shot was possible I've held off for the time being.

#8121 1 year ago

To get chestburster i go to the MUTHR and half of the way down the left upper flipper. And I use that sequence to then go to the hypersleep lock.

#8122 1 year ago

Yeah chestburster is possibly the hardest shot on the game. Vent 2 is pretty tough to hit on purpose as well.

Usually in Bug Hunt, if I have the smart gun weapon I'll use it to spot the chestburster shot.

#8123 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

It’s a standard wide body size.

#8124 1 year ago

Anybody know the latest LV build numbers?

#8125 1 year ago

Chestburster shot is makable from the lower left flipper, but it’s very tight.

#8126 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

I'm thinking i need to start from the bottom right flipper, bounce to the "MU/TH/R" , and then attempt to shoot from the mid left. Any suggestions?[quoted image]

This machine is packed with challenging shots and I love it. To hit the chestburster target is indeed not easy, what might help is lowering the power of the MU/TH/R scoop coil. I believe mine is at -35 which makes the eject from the scoop much more consistent and the ball has less speed. Doesn’t mean the shot will be easy but at least you can start practicing the shot with a consistent feed to the upper left flipper.

#8127 1 year ago

That shot is a pain , I usually Try to feed the ball to the pop bumpers freeze a bit of time and hope it hits that chest burster switch which sometimes it does

#8128 1 year ago

What is the general consensus guys?
Those of you that have just gotten this game, has it become your fave? How do you feel it shoots?

#8129 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Those of you that have just gotten this game, has it become your fave? How do you feel it shoots?

I have 6 pinball machines and it's my favorite. I have had it since last October. Shoots great and game is very immersive into the experience.

#8130 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Yeah chestburster is possibly the hardest shot on the game. Vent 2 is pretty tough to hit on purpose as well.
Usually in Bug Hunt, if I have the smart gun weapon I'll use it to spot the chestburster shot.

It helps to have the right upper flipper up when shooting the 2nd vent like when shooting the camera in TZ.

#8131 1 year ago

Hope you find one and get a chance to see for yourself how slick this machine really is. Well made and fun to play.

#8132 1 year ago

My favorite game tends to change all the time - but at the moment, yep I would say this is in the #1 position. It really is a great game, packed with awesome shots, lots to do and themed almost perfectly. People say it doesn't shoot like a widebody, but it really does to me - it feels absolutely HUGE compared to my other games. That is definitely a good thing though in my book.

I literally have one single gripe about the machine and that's the Xeno magnet catch mech which just doesn't work as well as it should. Peeps are already working on solutions to make it more consistent though, and to be honest it hardly detracts from the game at all.

#8133 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

My favorite game tends to change all the time - but at the moment, yep I would say this is in the #1 position. It really is a great game, packed with awesome shots, lots to do and themed almost perfectly. People say it doesn't shoot like a widebody, but it really does to me - it feels absolutely HUGE compared to my other games. That is definitely a good thing though in my book.
I literally have one single gripe about the machine and that's the Xeno magnet catch mech which just doesn't work as well as it should. Peeps are already working on solutions to make it more consistent though, and to be honest it hardly detracts from the game at all.

I have it next to a haunted house, and it doesn't feel like a widebody compared to that. I could see that compared to a packed game like TZ it might be a bit more floaty.

#8134 1 year ago

Next time someone does Kurts translite install with the LEDs and stuff they should video it. Im such a visual learner and would love to watch it before doing. Game is suppossedly coming next week. Cant Fing wait

#8135 1 year ago

Here are the details of my $30 DIY fix that successfully increases the zeno grab. In fact, I've played at least 30 times since doing this and the zeno hasn't missed yet. All you need is a hot glue gun, some clear bumpers, and few beers for courage. Maybe this will inspire somebody to create a more elegant solution.

How to overview

Sorbothane
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0100M67A4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

cone bumbers
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075KWVTJV

cab bumpers
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DHNIKHC

alternative smaller bumpers
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005S1RUVS

Gameplay (code 2.4 w magnet power on max)

#8136 1 year ago
sam2 (resized).jpgsam2 (resized).jpg
#8137 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Here are the details of my $30 DIY fix that successfully increases the zeno grab. In fact, I've played at least 30 times since doing this and the zeno hasn't missed yet. All you need is a hot glue gun, some clear bumpers, and few beers for courage. Maybe this will inspire somebody to create a more elegant solution.

Sorbothane
amazon.com link »
cone bumbers
amazon.com link »
cab bumpers
amazon.com link »
alternative smaller bumpers
amazon.com link »

Have some video of this in action?

#8138 1 year ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Have some video of this in action?

I was thinking why not perhaps cushioning the targets from behind? Just to take some of energy off the ball?
I personally prefer to keep the machine looking as stock as possible.

#8139 1 year ago

I was thinking why not perhaps cushioning the targets from behind? Just to take some of energy off the ball?

The foam in front of the targets is not an acceptable fix no diggity

#8140 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

The foam in front of the targets is not an acceptable fix no diggity

Works for me at the moment. I'll gladly take it off in a second if somebody can make a better option.

What are the odds pinball bros will send everyone new targets or a magical software improvement that supercharges a small magnet?

#8141 1 year ago

Behind is probably going to be tough to do as there is very little clearance for the switch post to trigger the switch. My wife actually came up with a good idea, but I need to see how to implement it and what material to use. If it turns out it might be cool on all of the targets.

TBH, there has to be a way to speed up the trigger power on the magnet though. If not through the computer, what if it is a power surge issue (not enough power fast enough). Would adding a capacitor in front of the magnet be a possibility?

#8142 1 year ago

Is there a way to report people that constantly downvote my comments on here for no reason other than perhaps promote online bullying?

This childish behaviour need to stop.

Allow me to introduce to you all, my own and personal downvoter.

7E34D322-2C4C-4919-ADEF-BE1906576BA8 (resized).jpeg7E34D322-2C4C-4919-ADEF-BE1906576BA8 (resized).jpeg
#8143 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Works for me at the moment. I'll gladly take it off in a second if somebody can make a better option.
What are the odds pinball bros will send everyone new targets or a magical software improvement that supercharges a small magnet?

Agree - this is a physical/mechanical problem and software is only going to slightly improve it, not fix it. The ball just pings too far away from the magnet for it to have any hope of catching it.

Some sort of cool aesthetic in front of the target bank is the way to go. That effort a few posts above with the glue/alien drool is the right idea.

#8144 1 year ago

Is there a way to report people that constantly downvote my comments on here for no reason other than perhaps promote online bullying?
Allow me to introduce to you all, my own and personal downvoter.[quoted image]

Get real.. I just don't agree with your comments. This guy offers an actual working solution and you offer nothing but negative comments telling him it looks ugly! Then you suggest jamming something behind the target (how could the switch even activate with something back there?) Tell us what you would do that would be so esthetically more acceptable? Upvote-agree downvote-disagree. Seems so simple

#8145 1 year ago

Allow me to introduce to you all, my own and personal downvoter.[quoted image]

Some people use the down vote as disagree. Some use it as “I don’t like your comment”. Some people perceive it differently too. Don’t let it bug you. Keep posting. Lots of your comments are useful.

#8146 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Agree - this is a physical/mechanical problem and software is only going to slightly improve it, not fix it. The ball just pings too far away from the magnet for it to have any hope of catching it.
Some sort of cool aesthetic in front of the target bank is the way to go. That effort a few posts above with the glue/alien drool is the right idea.

Is there a clear adhesive type cushion that could be applied. Think of those padded target stickers but in clear.... coudl that be cut to size and affixed to front of both xeno targets individually to absorb this extra energy? this exist?

#8147 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Is there a clear adhesive type cushion that could be applied. Think of those padded target stickers but in clear.... coudl that be cut to size and affixed to front of both xeno targets individually to absorb this extra energy? this exist?

like this? more of a stock look but perhaps it would work? https://www.amazon.com/Bumpers-Rubber-Bumper-Cutting-Dampening/dp/B085KXHH2J/ref=asc_df_B085KXHH2J/

#8148 1 year ago

I can't find the photo of the switch stack on the last few pages, can somebody repost?

#8149 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

like this? more of a stock look but perhaps it would work? amazon.com link »

I thought the same thing actually as that was my second attempt. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough of an improvement. That's what led me to the cone and smaller bumber combo that had a culminating effect. The other game changer was the black dampening material on both sides of the targets. That prevented the bounce away from the magnet when the ball cought the edge of the targets on an angle.

I don't want to discourage you from trying your idea because you may find a better material than I did and then folks would have a clean look solution.

I took a pic before I took it off.

20220619_153850 (resized).jpg20220619_153850 (resized).jpg
#8150 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I thought the same thing actually as that was my second attempt. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough of an improvement. That's what led me to the cone and smaller bumber combo that had a culminating effect. The other game changer was the black dampening material on both sides of the targets. That prevented the bounce away from the magnet when the ball cought the edge of the targets on an angle.
I don't want to discourage you from trying your idea because you may find a better material than I did and then folks would have a clean look solution.
I took a pic before I took it off. [quoted image]

Thnak you.. side note: Look at that rubber to right of xeno.. going to snap soon.. Take a black post sleeve and trim to fit below and above rubber, will save you on wear and tear on new rubbers here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
$ 160.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,749 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 375.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/163 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.