100_0962 (resized).JPG
100_0952 (resized).JPG
b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,840 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 377.
#8051 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Same here! Was so psyched for JJPs release, not even being a big fan of toy story. After those images dropped I was out. Looks like a Barbie game. C’mon Alien!!

Barbie and Ken movie coming. Look at this. Yikes.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8052 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I put some dampening material that people suggest to use inside scoops or other big bounce issue locations.
It doesn't look pretty but the zeno magnet catch ratio is near 100%
If I can find this material in clear it would be perfect.
[quoted image]

Would padded target decals have the same effect?

#8053 1 year ago
Quoted from Colywobbles:

Spruced up the Apron a little on my SE and replaced the pitiful decals.
Added a lot more depth to the Launch decal
[quoted image]
Multi layered the Weyland decal for a 3D effect
[quoted image]
Will rework the hazard strips and maybe even inlay cards next in the style of my coindoor Plaque next.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I like those! When those are all done, we would love to see the finished products. Looks great, man!

#8054 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

Thats one way to do it. I cant find the link but I would probably try bending the metal bracket behind the switch to try to achieve the same outcome before Id put foam tape on such a prominent spot

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nAbEz6VHpTw8Kl0FMe9Gfh8GaA52Q2-uChS36ffJNn4/edit

I believe this is the doc you're looking for

#8055 1 year ago

With Jedi hand wave in front of face.haha

#8056 1 year ago

I think thick decals would be more effective. The bending is to prevent airballs, it doesn't help the ball richochet slower, and I can say first hand it doesn't stop the magnet missing the ball issue.

#8057 1 year ago

Any advice for solving the ball not detected in in the hypersleep lock. I thought I had it working better but it is still erratic.

#8058 1 year ago
Quoted from AD72:

Any advice for solving the ball not detected in in the hypersleep lock. I thought I had it working better but it is still erratic.

Is the ball catching on the lip of the lifting mech and not being seen by the Lock 1 opto? Check where the ball is stopping in the hypersleep chamber and also check whether Lock 2 is active in the active switch test mode

Also what version of code are you on, as when I upgraded from 2.5 to 2.6 I've noticed that the lock wouldn't initially be detected but it would after it had triggered a ball search - I haven't upgraded to 2.7 but planning on doing this soon

#8059 1 year ago

The ball is coming to rest as far forward as it can. Opto 2 is not detecting a ball (when 1 ball is in the hypersleep). Running 2.4.

#8060 1 year ago
Quoted from AD72:

The ball is coming to rest as far forward as it can. Opto 2 is not detecting a ball (when 1 ball is in the hypersleep). Running 2.4.

You did check that all three optos are wired correctly? In the right order? 3 and 1 not exchanged?

#8061 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I put some dampening material that people suggest to use inside scoops or other big bounce issue locations.
[quoted image]

Ok. I've had 100% zeno grabs and guests have no idea the black strip is ugly. That being said by Sunday I have an assortment of clear Protectors arriving on Amazon. Thinking I can simulate zeno drool with hot glue and these Protectors. I'll let you know.

20220616_192757 (resized).jpg20220616_192757 (resized).jpg
#8062 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

simulate zeno drool

Lol... can't wait for the pics

#8063 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamoraldus:

You did check that all three optos are wired correctly? In the right order? 3 and 1 not exchanged?

Affirmative. All 3 connected in the right order. My machine has had lots of plays on it and this only started happening after moving it.

#8064 1 year ago

The Xeno ball grab has worked flawless from day 1 on my SV machine from the 2nd shipment received September 2021. I was running 2.4. Now when I updated to 2.7 the magnet releases the ball too early. Is there a setting for magnet hold duration? I may go back to 2.4

#8065 1 year ago
Quoted from AD72:

The Xeno ball grab has worked flawless from day 1 on my SV machine from the 2nd shipment received September 2021. I was running 2.4. Now when I updated to 2.7 the magnet releases the ball too early. Is there a setting for magnet hold duration? I may go back to 2.4

I have the same exact problem. I've been working with PB on it and have provided multiple videos of it happening. When I revert to 2.4, everything works fine again. Hopefully we will have a resolution to this issue soon.

#8066 1 year ago
Quoted from AD72:

Yes there is a setting for that “Centre Magnet” in "Adjustments:" > "Coils" > "Centre Magnet" if it is too high it will drop the ball

#8067 1 year ago

I'm on 2.4 with max magnet setting. I think this is as good as it gets with the hardware. Hopefully by Monday I'll have a out of the box solution. Wish me luck.

#8068 1 year ago

Why is there a "if too high" setting? Just dont allow it that high? It's interesting ppl with opposite experience with the grab.

#8069 1 year ago

Just my semi monthly check on this thread to see if anyone had new LVs coming in.
After paying in full in December with a mid January ship date, to “in a container” to “going to air freight it” and now back to “in a container”.
I was really thinking I’d get it before shoulder surgery on the 23rd but looks like that’s not gonna happen.
Super bummed.

#8070 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

I have the same exact problem. I've been working with PB on it and have provided multiple videos of it happening. When I revert to 2.4, everything works fine again. Hopefully we will have a resolution to this issue soon.

Fixed with the magnet hold time increased to 4.

#8071 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Yes there is a setting for that “Centre Magnet” in "Adjustments:" > "Coils" > "Centre Magnet" if it is too high it will drop the ball

I didn't need to adjust the strength under coils. It catches the ball just fine. The issue was with the hand off to the tongue magnet was too short. The setting was under the Alien game settings. I will go back and look at what adjustment number it is.

#8072 1 year ago
Quoted from AD72:

Fixed with the magnet hold time increased to 4.

I just tried that. It worked twice... then went back to its old "magnet dropping" ways. Usually on first power on, it works a couple times and then stops working.

Seems like a software problem to me.

#8073 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

[quoted image]

well than, after the PP (playfield protector), you've just invented the TP (target protector) !!!

joking of course, and if it works, than its positive

#8074 1 year ago

How often are people getting this? 6 weeks and this is my first.

7F27C4BD-E565-4D9C-81C1-E3AA696670CD (resized).jpeg7F27C4BD-E565-4D9C-81C1-E3AA696670CD (resized).jpeg
#8075 1 year ago
Quoted from AD72:

I didn't need to adjust the strength under coils. It catches the ball just fine. The issue was with the hand off to the tongue magnet was too short. The setting was under the Alien game settings. I will go back and look at what adjustment number it is.

It is a combination , for example if the strength is too high say +40 it will drop after a second or two no matter how long the time is set to, if the strength is too low you won’t get many grabs, but it will hold longer. I believe it is all about the duty cycle of the magnet (time x power). The algorithm they are using seems to change from version to version.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8076 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

It is a combination , for example if the strength is too high say +40 it will drop after a second or two no matter how long the time is set to, if the strength is too low you won’t get many grabs, but it will hold longer. I believe it is all about the duty cycle of the magnet (time x power). The algorithm they are using seems to change from version to version.

I've tried all sorts of strengths and times and I may get a couple good ball grabs on first power-on, but soon after, it goes back to the center magnet not holding the ball long enough.

The only thing that consistently fixes this problem is reverting to 2.4. I've provided all this information plus this video to PB and I'm waiting for suggestions.

#8077 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

I've tried all sorts of strengths and times and I may get a couple good ball grabs on first power-on, but soon after, it goes back to the center magnet not holding the ball long enough.
The only thing that consistently fixes this problem is reverting to 2.4. I've provided all this information plus this video to PB and I'm waiting for suggestions.

Ya I think you have a specific problem mine works well on all SW versions

#8078 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

How often are people getting this? 6 weeks and this is my first.
[quoted image]

I never get it because SV has closed eggs. Maybe you could change that one to a closed egg instead..

#8079 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I never get it because SV has closed eggs. Maybe you could change that one to a closed egg instead..

Will trade one closed egg for one open Egg

#8080 1 year ago

Well it’s great to her that numerous games here in Australia that had minor issues are now working 100% after support from PB. If you are having issues don’t stress as they will get you up and running in no time. Now I just need to play better…..but it’s not happening lol

#8081 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Just my semi monthly check on this thread to see if anyone had new LVs coming in.
After paying in full in December with a mid January ship date, to “in a container” to “going to air freight it” and now back to “in a container”.
I was really thinking I’d get it before shoulder surgery on the 23rd but looks like that’s not gonna happen.
Super bummed.

I am in the same boat. Paid in full months ago. Was told that they had one that a buyer had backed out on and I could have it. Checked back on the date it was supposed to ship and Melissa at CT said she had to give it to someone else whose LV was damaged in shipping. Was told "two weeks" while it was air freighted in (that was about six weeks ago). Now my emails get the "I'm on vacation" response.

#8082 1 year ago

What setting is everyone using on the sling coils? Mine seem to be way over powered.

#8083 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

What setting is everyone using on the sling coils? Mine seem to be way over powered.

Srsly? Play an 80s Williams!

#8084 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

Will trade one closed egg for one open Egg

you can buy the open ones on the PB site.

#8085 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

you can buy the open ones on the PB site.

He has an LE they are all open. He wants a closed one because the ball gets stuck on top of one of the open ones sometimes.

#8086 1 year ago

The LV (LE) comes with both open and closed eggs. You can swap them out with a couple of screws.

#8087 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

The LV (LE) comes with both open and closed eggs. You can swap them out with a couple of screws.

His picture shows his lv with all 3 open.

#8088 1 year ago

yes my LV did come with 3 closed. So you can choose

#8089 1 year ago

Still have balls flying of the right ramp. Anyone else have that? Solution?

#8090 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Still have balls flying of the right ramp. Anyone else have that? Solution?

Havent had that issue as often since I lowered my flipper coil adjustments - but I wonder about bending that wireform slightly so that the left-side rail is a little higher - either that or put a little foam tape on the inside top of the gate so it pushes the ball down , havent tried but have considered trying both at different times

#8091 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Are that 3d stl. files? Care to share?

They laser etched an cut not 3D printed. Sorry

#8092 1 year ago

I'm sure people are going to poke fun at me but hey this is what happens after a few beers and you give me a glue gun and rubber bumpers. My zeno hasn't missed a grab yet and I kinda got the alien drool Sci fi thing going on.

If anyone wants details let me know and I'll post the technique I used. 2 types of bumpers and the black vibration damping material on the left post and over the right post/rubber.

20220619_174146 (resized).jpg20220619_174146 (resized).jpg20220619_174147 (resized).jpg20220619_174147 (resized).jpg

#8093 1 year ago

That's not half bad! Looks great with the illumination.

#8094 1 year ago

Updated to new code... No issues with diverter pops now, seems to be sorted out. Xeno is catching balls as intended. Love the new light shows for Extra Ball and All Out War mode. Did find one bug, reported it. Factory reset, update to 2.7 and my APC drop reset failed to reset the drops at all. Increased the coil strength 10% and it sorted itself out. So far running very well on my early SV. Gonna let the machine run overnight. Let you know how that goes.

I noticed a new call out for extra ball and a few more sound effects i dont remember before as well. I am digging it right now.

Side note.. I busted the left weapon target at the reverso ramp. I ordered a replacmeent from the new parts store.. we will see how that goes.

#8095 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I'm sure people are going to poke fun at me but hey this is what happens after a few beers and you give me a glue gun and rubber bumpers. My zeno hasn't missed a grab yet and I kinda got the alien drool Sci fi thing going on.
If anyone wants details let me know and I'll post the technique I used. 2 types of bumpers and the black vibration damping material on the left post and over the right post/rubber.

[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah man. I'm interested...let me or us know.

#8096 1 year ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

Yeah man. I'm interested...let me or us know.

Will do.

#8097 1 year ago

Today was all day alien mods. Just ran the LEDs for the amazing backbox mod KJS Pinball (Kurt) made. Couldn't be happier. However I think I need invisaglass or something anti reflective. My led strips are reflecting.

Have any of you alien owners gone for some widebody anti reflection glass? What do people recommend?

#8098 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Today was all day alien mods. Just ran the LEDs for the amazing backbox mod KJS Pinball (Kurt) made. Couldn't be happier. However I think I need invisaglass or something anti reflective. My led strips are reflecting.
Have any of you alien owners gone for some widebody anti reflection glass? What do people recommend?

That looks awesome! I'm waiting on my translite mod from KJS. What LED strip did you use? And did you go all the way around? Or just the left and right and not the top?

#8099 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

That looks awesome! I'm waiting on my translite mod from KJS. What LED strip did you use? And did you go all the way around? Or just the left and right and not the top?

Hey Cleland, I went all the way around town and I'd be happy to link you to all the parts I used to make the install smooth. I should have some time tomorrow.

#8100 1 year ago

I’m waiting on a LV ,was told probably July .I’m hoping that’s the case but in todays day I’ll just wait for the call here on out .Ive only played it once on vacation in FL and there were issues with it so couldn’t really get a good take .On location I’m just looking how a game shoots and to get a little feel for the atmosphere as that you can never tell until you get one home .If you had to name a game that’s very similar in play and atmosphere ,what would that game be ? Just having some fun during the wait

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,840 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/162?hl=manny65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.