2702EF4A-76D7-4D61-9210-CF410C594601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2711 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240325_231501 (resized).jpg
A6A6E2A3-579E-429A-93D8-6B77FC42C7B9 (resized).jpeg
69A6272E-06A0-46AB-882E-6F56825BDB2F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,554 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 372.
#8001 1 year ago

I have alien parked next to godzilla in my lineup and I have to say that godzilla feels cheap when played back to back. Don't get me wrong I love godzilla but Alien just feels higher quality.

#8002 1 year ago

Just received my SV from Flip N Out on Thursday. Besides a few things that were not plugged in and a flipper adjustment it plays fantastic. So glad I bought one since it’s a dream theme for me.

#8004 1 year ago

Wow, that was fast. I have been on the beta 2.7 for a few days now in the arcade and it has been playing great.

#8005 1 year ago

They still haven't released the new firmware for SVs, right?

#8006 1 year ago

Fantastic. Is it bug free? I’ll wait till more people confirm it work.

#8007 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

Fantastic. Is it bug free? I’ll wait till more people confirm it work.

I’ll second that. If it’s bug free I’ll try it. I’m still on original as too many people suggested they had issues after the 2.6 update.

#8008 1 year ago

I’ve had absolutely no issues since doing the rebuild and 2.6.

#8009 1 year ago

I haven't had any issues since updating to 2.7

#8010 1 year ago

You'd think they would have purchased/updated firmware to fix this issue -

It have come to our attention that newer USB sticks don't work, please use old type 2.0 USB sticks

#8011 1 year ago
Quoted from precisionk:

You'd think they would have purchased/updated firmware to fix this issue -
It have come to our attention that newer USB sticks don't work, please use old type 2.0 USB sticks

hmm....odd, I've been using 3.0 with no issues. Haven't went to 2.7 yet, planning on trying tonight, but I don't see any notes that will fix my issue.

#8012 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

hmm....odd, I've been using 3.0 with no issues. Haven't went to 2.7 yet, planning on trying tonight, but I don't see any notes that will fix my issue.

I have identified a problem with 2.7 where the Modify Game | Continue Game option causes the Xeno to misbehave when you set it to NO in the middle of a game. Pinball Brothers acknowledged it and will fix it.

Zablon I'm still having that center magnet ball drop issue with 2.7 (not an issue with 2.4) and I am working with PB on it. We may be getting down to the bottom of it now. I will post once we figure it out.

#8013 1 year ago

Interesting.. in the notes I did see "Fixed some logic with coil power adjustments that could cause coils to be stopped earlier than expected." Sucks to hear that didnt help your issue?

Another one I saw might help people if youve had a random reset "Fixed a buffer overflow in the logger that could cause game resets." I have had maybe one or two resets, usually after multiple games and in the middle of lots of stuff happening (tough to point to one cause), might update just for the added safety here.

The thing that stops me from updating right away is you cant score the airlock shot from behind anymore

#8014 1 year ago

Updated to 2.7 and now my xeno grabs the ball and doesn’t retract.

#8015 1 year ago

I reinstalled 2.6. Now 1 out of 3 times the xeno pulls the ball into the mouth and doesn’t release it.
Dana

#8016 1 year ago
Quoted from Propsnsports:

I reinstalled 2.6. Now 1 out of 3 times the xeno pulls the ball into the mouth and doesn’t release it.
Dana

if you didn't do a factory reset, I would recommend it. Maybe even reinstall 2.7 and factory reset as well and see if it still does it.

#8017 1 year ago

That seems to have done the trick. Thanks for the advice.
Dana

#8018 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

if you didn't do a factory reset, I would recommend it. Maybe even reinstall 2.7 and factory reset as well and see if it still does it.

Just curious why the factory reset?
Don’t have mine yet - does the game code get mixed up?

#8019 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Just curious why the factory reset?
Don’t have mine yet - does the game code get mixed up?

The reason I did it is because PBros was changing many of the coil strengths or software that affects them between updates. If you had +40% strength and they change how it works, you should see how the new default settings work before adjusting again. I guess the other reason is because it can cause errors like above

#8020 1 year ago

So, how reliable is PBB Alien LV?

I had money stashed for Toy Story, no way I'm buying that now.

Alien looks dope; how is the reliability? Similar to an AP, Spooky or JJP?

#8021 1 year ago

Hint about next title?

Screenshot_20220614-221943~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220614-221943~2 (resized).png
#8022 1 year ago

Screenshot_20220614-222618~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220614-222618~2 (resized).png
#8023 1 year ago
Quoted from Play_Hard:

Hint about next title?

Spaceballs ?

#8024 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

It's an awesome game, with that being said they have revised the light boards and some of the controller boards and switches since the first ones have come out.

Reliability is hit or miss. They will get it sorted out. Customer service is the best I have ever seen, even better then Spooky.

#8025 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Same here! Was so psyched for JJPs release, not even being a big fan of toy story. After those images dropped I was out. Looks like a Barbie game. C’mon Alien!!

#8026 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

It's an awesome game, with that being said they have revised the light boards and some of the controller boards and switches since the first ones have come out.
Reliability is hit or miss. They will get it sorted out. Customer service is the best I have ever seen, even better then Spooky.

I agree 1000%. I’ve had my ups and downs with the game but now that I simply replaced one of the internal cords inside the computer box in the playfield, I haven’t had any issues. Customer service is stellar and they’re aware of keeping a happy client base.

Quoted from kciaccio:

#8027 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I don't think we can hand-on-heart say it's been a reliable machine because although I'm sure there are lots of people who've never had an issue - there are many people who have had problems myself included - a small number have had serious issues yes, but nothing catastrophic for me just cables/connectors coming loose etc and one LED pcb not lighting up in the pop bumpers, so the machine has always been playable. PB sent me a replacement LED in under a week, and I know some guys who had to have new playfield IO boxes - again all received pretty quickly.

I think I'd say that currently, you may possibly have one or two issues out of the box and hopefully minor or superficial things that don't stop you playing it. BUT once any teething issues are over (IF you get any), it's fine, and I've said it before but mechanically speaking its a beast it just feels sooooo solid. The code does need a little bit of bug fixing because there is the odd lock up/freeze here and there. I haven't tried 2.7 yet maybe that's fixed some of these minor problems.

I'm so glad I picked up an LV it's a fantastic machine. In fact it's that good, I've found it hard to go back to anything else since I got it.

#8028 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I don't think we can hand-on-heart say it's been a reliable machine because although I'm sure there are lots of people who've never had an issue - there are many people who have had problems myself included - a small number have had serious issues yes, but nothing catastrophic for me just cables/connectors coming loose etc and one LED pcb not lighting up in the pop bumpers, so the machine has always been playable. PB sent me a replacement LED in under a week, and I know some guys who had to have new playfield IO boxes - again all received pretty quickly.
I think I'd say that currently, you may possibly have one or two issues out of the box and hopefully minor or superficial things that don't stop you playing it. BUT once any teething issues are over (IF you get any), it's fine, and I've said it before but mechanically speaking its a beast it just feels sooooo solid. The code does need a little bit of bug fixing because there is the odd lock up/freeze here and there. I haven't tried 2.7 yet maybe that's fixed some of these minor problems.
I'm so glad I picked up an LV it's a fantastic machine. In fact it's that good, I've found it hard to go back to anything else since I got it.

How many are left to order? Are they all gone?

Trying to decide whether to take the plunge now or wait a month or two; I have LOV coming soon and Halloween CE #930; have space for one more and Alien just looks so damn cool

#8029 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

How many are left to order? Are they all gone?
Trying to decide whether to take the plunge now or wait a month or two; I have LOV coming soon and Halloween CE #930; have space for one more and Alien just looks so damn cool

cointaker.com is still taking deposits, while nitro sold out a while ago.

Added 21 months ago:

Looks like Nitro re-listed more Alien LVs after my post.

#8030 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Got the LV last month, after some startup issues and dailin in, it now works great. Had support on some cosmetic issues with PBB and got new parts fast. So excelent service and great game.

#8031 1 year ago

Fwiw I put in my deposit on April 1st and just heard I'm about 90 days out.

#8032 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

For an LV or a Standard?

#8033 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

After what I’ve seen on pinside over past couple days, I’m thrilled with my past self for pulling trigger on the LV. PB will take care of you. There will be issues. Some small. Maybe big but less chance there. Put in a ticket and they’ll take care of it. The game is just so good. And rocks the theme perfectly. Good luck with your decision.

#8034 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

For what it's worth, I've had a deposit for an LV back in September. I was told a few months out.

Don't hold your breath.

#8035 1 year ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

For what it's worth, I've had a deposit for an LV back in September. I was told a few months out.
Don't hold your breath.

Oh man I got excited. I put one down on April 30th. I know isn't very long ago at all...but at least I really think it's worth the wait. I have been watching videos on the big screen. Then I watched TS and I'm glad that Alien exists!!

#8036 1 year ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

Oh man I got excited. I put one down on April 30th. I know isn't very long ago at all...but at least I really think it's worth the wait. I have been watching videos on the big screen. Then I watched TS and I'm glad that Alien exists!!

You should be excited! It will be worth the wait. Production could have increased recently, so hopefully you do get yours soon.

We're all in the same boat, so the sooner we get these the better!

#8037 1 year ago

Mine was for an LV. The date was earlier than I'd prefer, I definitely wouldn't mind later in 2022. My game room is a remodel disaster and I'm out of space.

#8038 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

Mine was for an LV. The date was earlier than I'd prefer, I definitely wouldn't mind later in 2022. My game room is a remodel disaster and I'm out of space.

Just curious. I put my deposit down in March for an LV. Again we have members who put them down last year for an LV and no real idea of delivery in sight. I went through a similar experience when ordering Lebowski. It all worked out in the end, but it was an infuriating guessing game of who was getting games/when. I'd like it to be more transparent on Alien, but i'm guessing it will be the same experience.

#8039 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

infuriating guessing game of who was getting games/when. I'd like it to be more transparent on Alien, but i'm guessing it will be the same experience.

no difference between manufactures , CGC took deposits from people while they wait others walk in to a distro and buy the game same day !
just stupid !

#8040 1 year ago

I work in games and game hardware. I cannot even imagine the logistics of getting a one-off refrigerator from Italy to Seattle, especially with fuel costs. I'm not in a rush.

#8041 1 year ago

I put some dampening material that people suggest to use inside scoops or other big bounce issue locations.

It doesn't look pretty but the zeno magnet catch ratio is near 100%

If I can find this material in clear it would be perfect.

20220615_194001 (resized).jpg20220615_194001 (resized).jpg

#8042 1 year ago

Maybe put it on the back of the targets instead?
It would really bother me like that

#8043 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I put some dampening material that people suggest to use inside scoops or other big bounce issue locations.
[quoted image]

Great idea! Its just a little unsightly so yeah clear may be better. So far this mech is the only thing on the game I can level any criticism at, because it very rarely catches the ball. The targets just can't direct the ball towards the magnet enough as it seems to be a bit too far away, so I don't think software tweaks will ever truly fix it. Don't get me wrong its far from game breaking - but it's the central toy of the game, and when it does happen as intended, its so unbelievably cool you just wish it could be a bit more consistent.

#8044 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Great idea! Its just a little unsightly so yeah clear may be better. So far this mech is the only thing on the game I can level any criticism at, because it very rarely catches the ball. The targets just can't direct the ball towards the magnet enough as it seems to be a bit too far away, so I don't think software tweaks will ever truly fix it. Don't get me wrong its far from game breaking - but it's the central toy of the game, and when it does happen as intended, its so unbelievably cool you just wish it could be a bit more consistent.

Well, if you can deal with the ugly try this stuff out. Use hot glue as it's easy on easy off with no damage. If someone can locate a clear comparable material I'd switch this out in a heartbeat.

Isolate It!: Sorbothane Acoustic and Vibration Thin Film Square (0.080 x 6 x 6") 70 Duro - 1 Sheet https://a.co/d/7hcSFZ9

#8045 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

[quoted image]

Maybe in white. I’ll have to look that up. But nice fix!!

#8046 1 year ago

Thats one way to do it. I cant find the link but I would probably try bending the metal bracket behind the switch to try to achieve the same outcome before Id put foam tape on such a prominent spot

#8047 1 year ago

Spruced up the Apron a little on my SE and replaced the pitiful decals.

Added a lot more depth to the Launch decal
98A8727C-D3D2-4D52-9A98-1425667E8219 (resized).jpeg98A8727C-D3D2-4D52-9A98-1425667E8219 (resized).jpeg

Multi layered the Weyland decal for a 3D effect
FE98F315-8A73-4612-934F-1847B98EFD62 (resized).jpegFE98F315-8A73-4612-934F-1847B98EFD62 (resized).jpeg

Will rework the hazard strips and maybe even inlay cards next in the style of my coindoor Plaque next.
6C18E05C-63C6-4E91-B084-D3ACA6DFC71C (resized).jpeg6C18E05C-63C6-4E91-B084-D3ACA6DFC71C (resized).jpeg
9C5F0373-AE2A-4214-BDE6-7E60E502DD2D (resized).jpeg9C5F0373-AE2A-4214-BDE6-7E60E502DD2D (resized).jpeg

#8048 1 year ago
Quoted from Colywobbles:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Will rework the hazard strips and maybe even inlay cards next in the style of my coindoor Plaque next.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Nicely done!

#8049 1 year ago
Quoted from Colywobbles:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Are that 3d stl. files? Care to share?

#8050 1 year ago

**2.7 SV update** Hey everyone just updated to 2.7 on my SV last night. Wanted to share my experience. I was on 2.4 and set everything back to factory default, rebooted and here is the rest.
The machine never asked me to update as it did in previous updates. It rebooted and then showed 2.7. I rebooted a couple times to make sure it was still showing 2.7. I went into the menu to make a few adjustments (ball save, free play etc...). Upon starting a game, everything worked fine for the initial game. I played Alien story line and just did a quick test game. After sitting in attract mode, it appeared the machine locked up. So I rebooted again, this time the main display showed the boot sequence and the PB logo but then went black and didn't come back on. The second monitor worked fine, started a game and it also played fine without the main screen. So I checked connections, everything looked fine. Rebooted again...same thing. PB logo, boot sequence and then black screen. Did it a third time and voila everything seems to be okay now. I had similar experience when I first got the machine so I wasn't too worried. I will do a longer play and burn in time tonight hoping it is okay moving forward. Now gameplay changes...
The posts for the eggs work MUCH better! The sensor actually triggers faster and lighting the LV and getting the ball into the pops works as it should. Making the modes much more fun to play. Also, while I never had major issues with the Xeno grab, it didn't miss at all in the four games I played. Stock flipper settings seem to be good on 2.7 and I can catch the ball with no flipper hang now. Overall I think this code rev is much better allowing for a better gameplay experience. I will post another update if the monitor continues, just thought it would be good to share our experiences with the code updates as we go.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders
Pinball Machine
There are 18,554 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 372.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/161?hl=kciaccio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.