Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Alien pinball (resized).jpg
20240414_165244 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,814 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 377.
#7701 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

This insert is strange in that there are lines and people have reported cracking. Something seems amiss.
[quoted image]
I have about 7-8 plays on the game. I do not think it’s a crack, I think it’s a weak spot that will crack. There likely needs to be a fix. Maybe a playfield overlay as my guess is the ball hits it off the target and may cause it to crack over time.

Has this been resolved as a crack and has Pbors provided a cause or solution? the video from the playfield mfg beating the snot was impressive, not sure what would cause this.

#7702 1 year ago

I’m having an intermittent right flipper problem. At times it just completely stops working then is fine once the next ball is up.
Anyone else seen this?

#7703 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I’m having an intermittent right flipper problem. At times it just completely stops working then is fine once the next ball is up.
Anyone else seen this?

I had it once in the first couple of games but nothing since then. I’ve got the droop on the lower flippers from a hard knock down but not worrying me that much at this stage. One of my beacons stopped working yesterday. Disconnected it and reconnected both working again. My hypersleep lock is perfect now too. Not that I can make the shot haha. Nice to know it will work if I can just….PLAY BETTER!

#7704 1 year ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

I had it once in the first couple of games but nothing since then. I’ve got the droop on the lower flippers from a hard knock down but not worrying me that much at this stage. One of my beacons stopped working yesterday. Disconnected it and reconnected both working again. My hypersleep lock is perfect now too. Not that I can make the shot haha. Nice to know it will work if I can just….PLAY BETTER!

Are you on 2.6? My flipper drop is nearly non existent since the code update.

#7705 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Check to make sure that the audio connections are correct on the pin in the backbox. Left to left and so on. My bass shakes the whole machine, no need for a shaker

Oh well that's odd. I already checked the cabling, but will do it once again just to be sure.

Quoted from Baggerman:

Has this been resolved as a crack and has Pbors provided a cause or solution? the video from the playfield mfg beating the snot was impressive, not sure what would cause this.

Mine is cracked, too. I'll open a ticket with PB and see where this goes.

IMG_6267 (resized).JPGIMG_6267 (resized).JPG
#7706 1 year ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Ugh… Here I go again with an IO board message. I guess back to Pinball brothers to help me sort it out hopefully at this point they’ll just send me something new to replace whatever is broken. Base of the game played fine didn’t move the game or lift Playfield and the next time I turn it on missing I/O connection again. It’s going to be a loose connection or some bad software. Looks like they’re willing to do a zoom has anybody ever done that?

Yes I was on Skype with them several time over the course of 3 days last week, they were incredibly helpful and quick to reply and work with me on scheduling since we have a 6-7 hours time difference. I was incredibly impressed with their customer service.

#7707 1 year ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Ugh… Here I go again with an IO board message. I guess back to Pinball brothers to help me sort it out hopefully at this point they’ll just send me something new to replace whatever is broken. Base of the game played fine didn’t move the game or lift Playfield and the next time I turn it on missing I/O connection again. It’s going to be a loose connection or some bad software. Looks like they’re willing to do a zoom has anybody ever done that?

Yes, Cato is awesome on the Skype meeting.
He will give you a lot of good information on the Alien Pinball machine as you troubleshoot components.
Tells you about the progress of upgrades to the boards they have been doing ect.

#7708 1 year ago

Awesome to hear!
Looking forward to getting my LV

#7709 1 year ago
Quoted from henning:

Oh well that's odd. I already checked the cabling, but will do it once again just to be sure.

Mine is cracked, too. I'll open a ticket with PB and see where this goes.[quoted image]

Good luck. we should message as this works to get resolved.

#7710 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

The red one - there's 2 of them
[quoted image]

Hey all - hope your alien pinball is treating you right.

Going back to troubleshooting this. I haven't really identified the issue. This is the first time I've taken the drop target setup out. I'm still dealing with alien tongue woes specific to the jaw dropping getting stuck and not closing - (even though i got a brand new unit, apparently I am being told I need to 'calibrate') At this point waiting for loctite to cure before I can test the calibration PB Brother's recommended.

But anyway - yeah, my drop targets are (still) very sensitive - sometimes both "P" and "C" drop when the flipper is hit.
I have the part out, but I'm not sure what to adjust, tighten, check or otherwise.

Here's a current video. As always, any help appreciated.

cheers!

#7711 1 year ago

double post

#7712 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

gotta lock tite them targets. there is a small gap between the boards and the screws.. just enough to allow a shift... Once you locktite it down and let it cure, you should be good to go.

Ok - also revisiting this...what is up with my targets?

Issue: Some of the targets aren't registering hits. It was mentioned to "lock tite them targets."

On what am I supposed to locktite? The screws? Parts of the target?

I haven't tested them via the machine test - but I was just checking out two different targets. The one on the left doesn't click when pushed, while the one on the right does! I only have one target that doesn't 'click'. I read something about version 1 and version 2 targets for this machine, and thought, well maybe I have a version 1 for just one of my targets...HOWEVER..upon further inspection, the one on the left doesn't have a switch/click attached.

Is this a problem? I suspect the other targets needs to be adjusted still (i.e. the ones that click) but not sure how (yet).

Any help appreciated.

cheers

IMG_0020 (resized).jpgIMG_0020 (resized).jpg
#7713 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Ok - also revisiting this...what is up with my targets?
Issue: Some of the targets aren't registering hits. It was mentioned to "lock tite them targets."
On what am I supposed to locktite? The screws? Parts of the target?
I haven't tested them via the machine test - but I was just checking out two different targets. The one on the left doesn't click when pushed, while the one on the right does! I only have one target that doesn't 'click'. I read something about version 1 and version 2 targets for this machine, and thought, well maybe I have a version 1 for just one of my targets...HOWEVER..upon further inspection, the one on the left doesn't have a switch/click attached.
Is this a problem? I suspect the other targets needs to be adjusted still (i.e. the ones that click) but not sure how (yet).
Any help appreciated.
cheers[quoted image]

Yes the one on the left is missing the small push button micro-switch, hence why it won’t work. Did it ever work (wondering if they were manufactured incorrectly or whether the micro-switch has fell off during gameplay and is in the bottom of your machine)?

Suggest you check the other switches that aren’t working to see if they have the same issue.

#7714 1 year ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

I’ve got the droop on the lower flippers from a hard knock down but not worrying me that much at this stage.

I noticed the other day the alignment of my left lower flipper was drooped compared to the lower right. But I haven’t realigned the bat yet as I can make all my shots

#7715 1 year ago

You guys need to get these distressed caution flipper bats from the ULEKstore they look amazing.

AB3425A5-4E27-4156-AFF5-7597F19C7232 (resized).jpegAB3425A5-4E27-4156-AFF5-7597F19C7232 (resized).jpeg
#7716 1 year ago

Yeahh, did the same

20220522_094547 (resized).jpg20220522_094547 (resized).jpg
#7717 1 year ago

Hey there everyone , im joining the alien club pretty soon/ when ever the next shipment of sv's arrive , I can seem to find what the total width is of the pin is when it's set up ?

#7718 1 year ago

Disabled my Xeno and the game is pretty solid. I wish the code would know its disabled to start multiball without the blank screen. The toy is just not good as it barely works and causes issues.

#7719 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

Disabled my Xeno and the game is pretty solid. I wish the code would know its disabled to start multiball without the blank screen. The toy is just not good as it barely works and causes issues.

Fixing the Xeno before release is the biggest miss on this game. I can't believe it still has so many issues. That being said, not sure what it is doing on yours, but I woudln't say it causes issues with the game iteself. Just not grabbing the ball is disappointing.

#7720 1 year ago

Hey new owners, quick question:

Any adjustment needed at the orbits? Like for example, the target by the exit of the right orbit? Is the ball supposed to touch it?

#7721 1 year ago
Quoted from Weeedoggie:

Hey there everyone , im joining the alien club pretty soon/ when ever the next shipment of sv's arrive , I can seem to find what the total width is of the pin is when it's set up ?

Yea I need to know this too. Worried about it fitting in my building elevator. Have a used one on its way. I fit a dialed in and shadow in the elevator vertically with the legs on so I’m wondering if Alien would fit. Might have to take the legs off.

#7722 1 year ago

The backbox is the widest part of the game and I believe the backbox is the same size as a jjp or about the same size. So i was told at least. Patiently waiting for my SV.

#7723 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Yea I need to know this too. Worried about it fitting in my building elevator. Have a used one on its way. I fit a dialed in and shadow in the elevator vertically with the legs on so I’m wondering if Alien would fit. Might have to take the legs off.

Yeah its a wide body, there's a general size but they can differ is, im just concerned it won't fit through my door lol

#7724 1 year ago

For sizes see unpacking instructions here:
https://www.pinballbrothers.com/alien/alien-docs/

#7725 1 year ago

I can't believe people haul pins vertically with the legs still on! Just wondering why!

#7726 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I can't believe people haul pins vertically with the legs still on! Just wondering why!

Crst shipping picks games up with the legs on. They place the games on rollers and roll them (for me anyways). You just tilt it vertically to get in the elevator for 2 mins. It’s no big deal really.

#7727 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Fixing the Xeno before release is the biggest miss on this game. I can't believe it still has so many issues. That being said, not sure what it is doing on yours, but I woudln't say it causes issues with the game iteself. Just not grabbing the ball is disappointing.

Zablon I downgraded to 2.4 and it started working on mine. I'm pretty sure it is a problem in 2.6 that is causing that. There are two separate issue... one is when the ball hops over the magnet. That can be fixed by bending the bracket to make the targets slant down slightly, where I posted the instructions for that earlier. The second issue is where the magnet does grab the ball, but immediately drop it. Cato tells me they are working to fix that in 2.7. Looking forward to it.

Until then, I'm sticking with 2.4 as it seems to be the most reliable for me.

#7728 1 year ago

Anyone had an issue where the game gets stuck on this screen when starting the game? Volume goes up and down 1 point non stop and game doesn’t load

4CA00063-BD8B-46F6-A1F2-FE3353F5F345 (resized).jpeg4CA00063-BD8B-46F6-A1F2-FE3353F5F345 (resized).jpeg

#7729 1 year ago

Thank you much appreciated

#7730 1 year ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Anyone had an issue where the game gets stuck on this screen when starting the game? Volume goes up and down 1 point non stop and game doesn’t load
[quoted image]

Yes, its a blown or loose fuse under the playfield.

#7731 1 year ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yes, its a blown or loose fuse under the playfield.

Tried that but all good, and all nice and tight

#7732 1 year ago
Quoted from RPZ:

[quoted image]

Does your start button, launch and coin door lights work.

#7733 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Does your start button, launch and coin door lights work.

Not at the moment.

#7734 1 year ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Tried that but all good, and all nice and tight

Is see if one is blown. They have it on the pinball brothers website as well.

#7735 1 year ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Is see if one is blown. They have it on the pinball brothers website as well.

I’ve taken them all out and tested them with multimeter, they are all good. Not sure what it can be. Will wait for PB to get back to me.
Thanks for the suggestion

#7736 1 year ago
Quoted from RPZ:

I’ve taken them all out and tested them with multimeter, they are all good. Not sure what it can be. Will wait for PB to get back to me.
Thanks for the suggestion

Dang sorry.

#7737 1 year ago

Some adjustment/hardware discussion regarding eddy switches...

I am seeing repeated missed shots on certain places during game play. I will try to explain in more detail below.

1) Upper right lane (chest buster lifecycle shot)

IMG_2966 (resized).jpegIMG_2966 (resized).jpeg

The shot works ok if the ball moves on the red line, but on the yellow line it is missed. Also if the shot is very fast on the red line it is missed. Purple circle indicates sensor position on pcb/playfield. (Chestbuster lifecycle is set on easy - 1 switch)

2) upper left inner loop (Super jackpot shot)

IMG_2972 (resized).jpegIMG_2972 (resized).jpeg

A fast shot on the red line misses the shot. A shot on the yellow line does not award the inner loop shot. (Is this correct?) Seems a bit harsh.

I have tried to adjust the board for the upper right lane switch/eddy sensor but there is no adjustment on the pcbs. There are just screw holes with no tolerence. Also to me it seems like the sensor is in the wrong place really, it should be lower on the lane nearer the magnet/flipper end.

I am wondering if they need to make a firmware update to allow better detection on fast shots?? I think i also saw it on a fast drain down the left outlane. Any other owners see these switch problems?

Software Bugs (newly found)
- 2 balls drained together down the left outlane during sentry guns and the ball saver was on. Only 1 ball was returned and the mode was ended.

#7738 1 year ago

I noticed yesterday that now that I've upgrade to 2.6 the balls don't release from Hypersleep multiball the same. Previously you started it and they would both release from the sleep chamber. Now it seems it releases one, a ball kicks from shooter lane, and then awhile later the other ball will release from the sleep chamber. Does this behavior seem normal or do I have something going on with my hypersleep mech?

#7739 1 year ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Not at the moment.

I have the sane exact problem.
Cato sent me a new cabinet controller board but still didn't work.
I tested the power going to it from the main controller box mounted under the playfield and voltages were not right
Cato sent be a new under playfield controller that I am installing tonight.

I will let you know the results.

#7740 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Yes the one on the left is missing the small push button micro-switch, hence why it won’t work. Did it ever work (wondering if they were manufactured incorrectly or whether the micro-switch has fell off during gameplay and is in the bottom of your machine)?
Suggest you check the other switches that aren’t working to see if they have the same issue.

I found the switch on the bottom of the machine...and I was able to fix, broke out the solder iron and repaired it. Clicks and tested, (works) (yayyy)

So followup question - kind of what I was alluding to earlier - for the other switches, I want to make more 'sensitive'/ responsive - someone mentioned adding loctite to the switches. I'm wondering where, or what other adjustment I can make? Or if there's any other general tip to improve switch hit response? It wasn't just the switch that I repaired that had accuracy issues when playing.

Someone also mentioned replacing with another manufacturer's part (Stern?) or maybe I'm getting mixed up.

Thanks,

#7741 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

The shot works ok if the ball moves on the red line, but on the yellow line it is misse

Confused, why would the yellow trigger the shot?

#7742 1 year ago
Quoted from RPZ:

[quoted image]

I have had this issue for months. Literally months. They told me to check the cables and fuses. Did that and didn't work. I bought new cables and it didn't work. They sent me cables and still didn't fix. They sent me a new controller box for the cabinet and still didn't fix. They sent me every new board for under the playfield, a new computer in the backbox, another new controller box, a new wire harness set. It worked for 2 days and it came back. I have since received a new motherboard, but that has not helped.

I still get the volume flicker. I am one of the early adopters from the first shipment. I have had the game for almost a year. It has been playable on a and off for a few weeks here and there.

I am ready to throw in the towel, but Cointaker said they don't offer refunds or exchanges and to take it up with PB.

#7743 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Confused, why would the yellow trigger the shot?

Because you’d expect a lane switch to work in either direction so that the chestburster lifecycle shot when set to easy /1 switch it can be achieved either way.

A shot upwards on the far lhs misses also so the eddy switch is too far over to the right and too high in my view

And v fast shots miss any position so there’s some timing issue for switch reads, needs to be quicker

#7744 1 year ago

I installed a playfield protector on a buddy’s Alien LV this weekend. Now looking forward to getting my LV even more. Come on Melissa!

72F3D8CE-0E16-4C2F-B286-94FF58AEE510 (resized).jpeg72F3D8CE-0E16-4C2F-B286-94FF58AEE510 (resized).jpeg
#7745 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I installed a playfield protector on a buddy’s Alien LV this weekend. Now looking forward to getting my LV even more. Come on Melissa!
[quoted image]

How hard was it on the left side with the ramps and such? considering it for myself.

#7746 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Come on Melissa!
[quoted image]

make sure the product continues to improve

#7747 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Some adjustment/hardware discussion regarding eddy switches...
I am seeing repeated missed shots on certain places during game play. I will try to explain in more detail below.
1) Upper right lane (chest buster lifecycle shot)
[quoted image]
The shot works ok if the ball moves on the red line, but on the yellow line it is missed. Also if the shot is very fast on the red line it is missed. Purple circle indicates sensor position on pcb/playfield. (Chestbuster lifecycle is set on easy - 1 switch)
2) upper left inner loop (Super jackpot shot)
[quoted image]
A fast shot on the red line misses the shot. A shot on the yellow line does not award the inner loop shot. (Is this correct?) Seems a bit harsh.
I have tried to adjust the board for the upper right lane switch/eddy sensor but there is no adjustment on the pcbs. There are just screw holes with no tolerence. Also to me it seems like the sensor is in the wrong place really, it should be lower on the lane nearer the magnet/flipper end.
I am wondering if they need to make a firmware update to allow better detection on fast shots?? I think i also saw it on a fast drain down the left outlane. Any other owners see these switch problems?
Software Bugs (newly found)
- 2 balls drained together down the left outlane during sentry guns and the ball saver was on. Only 1 ball was returned and the mode was ended.

Super jackpot shot/issue same on mine. PITA but haven’t figured out a solution (haven’t tried that hard to be honest)

Also been meaning to poll/ask- how do people tee up shots from upper right flipper? Lucky slow orbit into pops and sometimes feeds it, a random bounce, or what I suppose is designed way is to hit chest burster shot- but that thing is hard as hell (do people have luck with far left flipper or bottom left?).

#7748 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Because you’d expect a lane switch to work in either direction so that the chestburster lifecycle shot when set to easy /1 switch it can be achieved either way.
A shot upwards on the far lhs misses also so the eddy switch is too far over to the right and too high in my view
And v fast shots miss any position so there’s some timing issue for switch reads, needs to be quicker

I don't think that's the intention. It's a shot, you need to shoot it. 'easy' is just because often the lane switch/target don't register consistently as a pair

#7749 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

How hard was it on the left side with the ramps and such? considering it for myself.

It wasn’t any harder than any other pin - actually much easier than Rush LE or AIQ LE.

#7750 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I don't think that's the intention. It's a shot, you need to shoot it. 'easy' is just because often the lane switch/target don't register consistently as a pair

Nah, you can still miss the shot shooting it upwards as i said if the ball is too far to the lhs or the ball is to fast…

You need all the help you can get with that chest buster shot to as upward shots are almost impossible to aim for

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 160.00
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,814 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/155?hl=kciaccio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.