IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2635 (resized).JPG
IMG_2634 (resized).JPG
IMG_2633 (resized).JPG
IMG_2626 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240405_122308 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,730 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 375.
#7651 1 year ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Been waiting on an SV too. Heard delivery of SVs has trickled off since LVs. Only five produced last bunch/or made it to Cointaker…?
Been a long road on this. Hoping to see my SV before the last LV (1,000) but starting to wonder. Wouldnt be as terrible if the paid in full didnt happen in Sept 21.
Dallas : Well... some of you may have figured out we're not home yet, we're only half way there. Mother's interrupted the course of our journey. She's programmed to do that should certain conditions arise. They have. It seems that she has... intercepted a transmission of unknown origin. She got us up to check it out.

Australia got a container of SV’s last week - not sure the exact number but it’d be 30-40 games. So they are still being produced

#7652 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Finally got around to seeing what the blue 2d translite that KJS did. This is just resting in there so the led strip is very close to the back piece. The strip is not as noticeable when it’s set away a little. I just wanted to see how it looked. Very impressed.
[quoted image]

Looks good. Thank you for showing what it looks like.

In my opinion, and this is strictly my opinion, I think the green looks better even on the LV. That's just me, though. This does look good too, however.

#7653 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Australia got a container of SV’s last week - not sure the exact number but it’d be 30-40 games. So they are still being produced

is this after you got yours? I was hoping that container was to the US so we could get our games

#7654 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

is this after you got yours? I was hoping that container was to the US so we could get our games

Just glad someone got pinball somewhere. Know the game is coming.

If not back in five minutes, wait a little longer.

#7655 1 year ago

I’m looking to trade my LE for a Big Lebowski, BBB plus cash or straight up sale. It’s working though I do not want the headache.

#7656 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

I’m looking to trade my LE for a Big Lebowski, BBB plus cash or straight up sale. It’s working though I do not want the headache.

This post kinda scares me lol. Just bought an sv.

#7657 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

That's funny. I canceled my lv and ordered a Big Lebowski from CT for the same reason. I love both themes but think TBL is more polished at this point in time.

#7658 1 year ago

Any idea what number LV's are shipping?

#7659 1 year ago

I am LV# 35 and haven't heard a peep from cointaker

#7660 1 year ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

That's funny. I canceled my lv and ordered a Big Lebowski from CT for the same reason. I love both themes but think TBL is more polished at this point in time.

Just buy both.

B85B0497-E934-4E2B-8DB5-740B0BB3DA52 (resized).jpegB85B0497-E934-4E2B-8DB5-740B0BB3DA52 (resized).jpeg
#7661 1 year ago

Any idea how long PB will be producing this game?

#7662 1 year ago

anybody get one without any tweaks and adjustments needed? I have limited time and tools on site to be constantly fixing and adjusting and researching. Kinda nervous.

#7663 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

anybody get one without any tweaks and adjustments needed? I have limited time and tools on site to be constantly fixing and adjusting and researching. Kinda nervous.

There's a big difference between getting a machine that didn't need any adjustments and one that needs constant fixing. There seem to be a reasonable number of machines out there now that don't need "constant fixing" but that's not to say that the owners haven't had to make some simple adjustments (whether they be via settings or something mechanical).

#7664 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

There's a big difference between getting a machine that didn't need any adjustments and one that needs constant fixing. There seem to be a reasonable number of machines out there now that don't need "constant fixing" but that's not to say that the owners haven't had to make some simple adjustments (whether they be via settings or something mechanical).

Yea I get that. I don’t mean dialing the game in settings wise and leveling etc. I mean a bunch of diy fixes to make it shoot right I guess.

#7665 1 year ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Just buy both.[quoted image]

Sweet lineup. I'd be in for a TBL if it wasn't so damn expensive.

#7666 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I have made adjustments in absolutely 100% of machines I got. All NIB by the way, needed some degree of TLC.

I spent about 4-6 hours dialing in Jurassic Park, the previous owner did not realize any of this in the 100 plays he had put in it. Some people do not care.

Minor tweaks, some more tedious than other, some things I took some precautions just because and be ahead of the game. Things came loose (posts behind ramps, upper flipper post), things were not working right (the chopper was not spinning right), code issues, and other maintenance that I take upon myself to do at that moment while the game is in service, to prevent future work for myself and wear on the game that can be immensely minimized by just being pro active.

Getting a new game is always 2-3 days of testing before it plays like it should for me. Things come always loose, nothing is ever perfect from the factory. Not to mention certain games needing to be partially disassembled to add washers in certain places or mylar (talking to you Stern) or it is too late if you did not in the first 300 games...good bye art, hello chips.

I think every game has its nuances.

#7667 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I have made adjustments in absolutely 100% of machines I got. All NIB by the way, needed some degree of TLC.
I spent about 4-6 hours dialing in Jurassic Park, the previous owner did not realize any of this in the 100 plays he had put in it. Some people do not care.
Minor tweaks, some more tedious than other, some things I took some precautions just because and be ahead of the game. Things came loose (posts behind ramps, upper flipper post), things were not working right (the chopper was not spinning right), code issues, and other maintenance that I take upon myself to do at that moment while the game is in service, to prevent future work for myself and wear on the game that can be immensely minimized by just being pro active.
Getting a new game is always 2-3 days of testing before it plays like it should for me. Things come always loose, nothing is ever perfect from the factory. Not to mention certain games needing to be partially disassembled to add washers in certain places or mylar (talking to you Stern) or it is too late if you did not in the first 300 games...good bye art, hello chips.
I think every game has its nuances.

This is pretty much spot on - the only game I've had new which literally required not a single adjustment was Deadpool, it really did work perfectly out of the box but I consider that a real rarity (also I don't know if eventually the pf might have worn/chipped as I didn't add any washers etc). Other new games including:

Attack From Mars Remake
Iron Maiden
Avengers IQ

... all required a few days of tweaks here and there to get things shooting perfectly. Avengers also actually ended up having an opto wire sheared in two that I had to replace, but the distributor here in Sydney had a new one out to me very quickly.

However, I'd say Alien has required maybe a tiny bit more to get it going 100%, and one of those issues meant I couldn't play the game for a day or two, because it's been less of the mechanical stuff and more of the wiring/connectors. I think it's ok now though and i would say - don't be too nervous. Good support and customer service gives you absolute peace of mind, and PB support have been pretty responsive and will get you up and running if there are issues. You most certainly will not be left with an unplayable box.

Still though, no matter what - it does kinda suck to pay so much for a machine and not have it instantly perfect out of the box. I guess these things just don't travel well.

#7668 1 year ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Just buy both.[quoted image]

Now THAT is one hell of a trio. Awesome!

#7669 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Yea I get that. I don’t mean dialing the game in settings wise and leveling etc. I mean a bunch of diy fixes to make it shoot right I guess.

While you see a lot of posts on those having issues, I believe there are a growing number of newer owners that aren’t experiencing issues.

#7670 1 year ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Ahh?? TBL more polished? no way! Alien is 100% more polished than TBL. Maybe when TBL comes out with 1.0 and has the Wizard mode. But at moment I feel Alien more finished

#7671 1 year ago

Have reached out to Cointaker but still no response. Just wondering what a realistic wait time is if I placed a deposit today on an SV. Year?

#7672 1 year ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Ahh?? TBL more polished? no way! Alien is 100% more polished than TBL. Maybe when TBL comes out with 1.0 and has the Wizard mode. But at moment I feel Alien more finished

Wasn't talking about coding so you may be correct about that.

#7673 1 year ago

I just had something strange happen. Had a pretty average game and at the end it said enter initials. At first I thought maybe I had got a minor thing like egg champ or something like that but it was the top score.
Now this was a 70 million score and my lowest top score to date would have been 150. Seems all the scores had reset. I’ve only played 50 games so couldn’t have been a high score reset yet.
Anyone else experienced this?

#7674 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I just had something strange happen. Had a pretty average game and at the end it said enter initials. At first I thought maybe I had got a minor thing like egg champ or something like that but it was the top score.
Now this was a 70 million score and my lowest top score to date would have been 150. Seems all the scores had reset. I’ve only played 50 games so couldn’t have been a high score reset yet.

Did you do an update to your machine?

#7675 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Did you do an update to your machine?

No.

#7676 1 year ago

Maybe someone went into the menu and erased the high scores.

#7677 1 year ago

I have had the game for 3 months and it plays great. Such a cool game. Added some mods - titan yellow posts, coin door plaque, instruction cards, backbox mod, tracker mod, playfield screen mod, and launch button mod

alien (resized).jpgalien (resized).jpgalien2 (resized).jpgalien2 (resized).jpgalien3 (resized).jpgalien3 (resized).jpg

#7678 1 year ago
Quoted from Drew13:

I have had the game for 3 months and it plays great. Such a cool game. Added some mods - titan yellow posts, coin door plaque, instruction cards, backbox mod, tracker mod, playfield screen mod, and launch button mod
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice. You in on the Apron and beacon mod?

#7679 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Nice. You in on the Apron and beacon mod?

Unfortunatley not...gotta stop the cash bleed

#7680 1 year ago

I've opened a ticket.

My trough is not kicking balls into the shooter lane and it goes into ball search. The coil test also does not fire the trough coil.
It's been intermittent and killed 2 Twitch streams. Hoping Cato can have me up and running for both a party at the end of the month and before a friend that wants to play it moves away.

#7681 1 year ago

Who is selling the florescent plastic protectors in green? Someone posted but cant find them.

#7682 1 year ago

So what is the difference between 2.4 and 2.6 code? I read some issues with 2.6. Wise to upgrade?

#7683 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

So what is the difference between 2.4 and 2.6 code? I read some issues with 2.6. Wise to upgrade?

Changelog is here:https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80000956738-alien-delta-game-update-2-6-

some folks are fine, others have minor issues.

#7684 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

2.6 is excellent. I'd suggest you upgrade. I held off on upgrading and then did it as I had one lingering issue in 2.4 even after adjusting coil strength. My left flipper would drop from a solid ball hit if it was in the up position. 2.6 took care of that. Before updating to 2.6 remember to reset your coil strength if you have made any adjustments.

#7685 1 year ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

2.6 is excellent. I'd suggest you upgrade. I held off on upgrading and then did it as I had one lingering issue in 2.4 even after adjusting coil strength. My left flipper would drop from a solid ball hit if it was in the up position. 2.6 took care of that. Before updating to 2.6 remember to reset your coil strength if you have made any adjustments.

Yes, I think 2.6 can be considered stable now. The big differences from 2.4 are some improved light effects, a few subtle rules improvements, and better flipper & up post control.

#7686 1 year ago

I’m all sorted now and fully up and running. New opto set arrived and installed . Right ramp now working fine

Loving the game, really great modes and atmosphere. Sound, graphics, art all top notch

CCF4C2D0-529B-4F84-8056-FCD880D682EF (resized).jpegCCF4C2D0-529B-4F84-8056-FCD880D682EF (resized).jpeg55E2A4BE-8FB2-469B-82F6-059F6C538443 (resized).jpeg55E2A4BE-8FB2-469B-82F6-059F6C538443 (resized).jpeg7F6752B7-4126-46F8-85BD-A89E0B048808 (resized).jpeg7F6752B7-4126-46F8-85BD-A89E0B048808 (resized).jpeg

#7687 1 year ago
Quoted from bcd:

Yes, I think 2.6 can be considered stable now. The big differences from 2.4 are some improved light effects, a few subtle rules improvements, and better flipper & up post control.

Isn’t 2.6 for the LV’s only? I’m running 2.4 on my SV and it’s been playing really good.

#7688 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Isn’t 2.6 for the LV’s only? I’m running 2.4 on my SV and it’s been playing really good.

2.6 works on both LV and SV. You can upgrade from 2.4 on an SV.

#7689 1 year ago

Fixed the ball trough issue, it was just a loose wire on the power clip.

My Xenomorph magnet is only catching the ball for multiball start about half the time. When it catches, it catches hard and everything works great, but a solid hit to the targets and back misses the magnet pretty often. Are there adjustments for this? Normal flipper strength, 6.5' pitch.

#7690 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

I’m buying an sv sight unseen having never played it but watched plenty of vids and the immersion seems off the charts. I was really looking for atmosphere and intensity.

I dont think you will be disappointed at all!

Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Hey there - yes I did experience this early in my ownership. Full 'loss' of highscores happened to me twice. Also, I entered initials that were not saved, however I suspect this is because I turned my game off to quickly after entering.

If this continues to happen, PBros recommends you open the case in the backbox, and replace the button battery (CR2032?) on the board. Once I heard this I decided to wait until it loses memory once more - hasnt happened to me again so I havent actually changed the battery myself

#7691 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Fixed the ball trough issue, it was just a loose wire on the power clip.
My Xenomorph magnet is only catching the ball for multiball start about half the time. When it catches, it catches hard and everything works great, but a solid hit to the targets and back misses the magnet pretty often. Are there adjustments for this? Normal flipper strength, 6.5' pitch.

Even on 2.6 for me I have the centre magnet turned up at least +20% , have you adjusted this?

2nd , I will share this - which looks good just havent done it yet https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/1nAbEz6VHpTw8Kl0FMe9Gfh8GaA52Q2-uChS36ffJNn4/mobilebasic

#7692 1 year ago

You shouldn't need to do that. With the newest targets, the brackets are angled so the targets face downward instead of straight on.

The issue isn't usually the bounce, it is the timing of the magnet. A hard shot is out of range before the magnet powers up. Upping the power might help, but I never noticed that it did. I think someone mentioned that another game had an opto in front of the target so it knew to activate the magnet. That is what is lacking on this game. I would assume at some point they can get the timing close enough to not miss. (but there are other issues with the magnet that seem to not be consistent across the board which makes fixing it harder)

#7693 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You shouldn't need to do that. With the newest targets, the brackets are angled so the targets face downward instead of straight on.
The issue isn't usually the bounce, it is the timing of the magnet. A hard shot is out of range before the magnet powers up. Upping the power might help, but I never noticed that it did. I think someone mentioned that another game had an opto in front of the target so it knew to activate the magnet. That is what is lacking on this game. I would assume at some point they can get the timing close enough to not miss. (but there are other issues with the magnet that seem to not be consistent across the board which makes fixing it harder)

Cato got back to me about it and said they are still trying to figure out how to make it more reliable. Oh well, I have an X-men with the Newton ball on Wolverine and it only catches about half the time too. Just a little more dramatic in Alien.

#7694 1 year ago

I my magnet up to 35 plus and it works much better now 25 not so much,I hope it is safe!

#7695 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Yeh I’ve stayed with 2.4 on my sv. Haven’t heard reason to risk anything when it plays great as is

#7696 1 year ago
Quoted from Drew13:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like that coin door mod. Where did you get it?

#7697 1 year ago
Quoted from robd222:

I like that coin door mod. Where did you get it?

From VICTORYFORHEROES on etsy - he has lots of great alien stuff, I like the xe-no-more on the Apron.

Has anybody done anything cool with a model from https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?Brand=4948 yet ?! I want to add a vehicle somewhere but, so many options, if someone has added this already Id love to see the results :$

20220427_224700.jpg20220427_224700.jpg

#7698 1 year ago

Ugh… Here I go again with an IO board message. I guess back to Pinball brothers to help me sort it out hopefully at this point they’ll just send me something new to replace whatever is broken. Base of the game played fine didn’t move the game or lift Playfield and the next time I turn it on missing I/O connection again. It’s going to be a loose connection or some bad software. Looks like they’re willing to do a zoom has anybody ever done that?

#7699 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

if you turn the Vol to 6 the Bass already shakes the Cab mind you if it ever becomes available I would probs add a shaker just for posterity

That's interesting! Although I cranked up the subwoofer volume in the backbox, the amount of bass is really not much exciting. It's miles away from the pumping bass of my Rick & Morty. Maybe it's an issue with my machine?

#7700 1 year ago
Quoted from henning:

That's interesting! Although I cranked up the subwoofer volume in the backbox, the amount of bass is really not much exciting. It's miles away from the pumping bass of my Rick & Morty. Maybe it's an issue with my machine?

Check to make sure that the audio connections are correct on the pin in the backbox. Left to left and so on. My bass shakes the whole machine, no need for a shaker

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 18,730 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 375.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/154 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.