20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2635 (resized).JPG
IMG_2634 (resized).JPG
IMG_2633 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,758 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 376.
#7601 1 year ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Great news!
The beast lives!
[quoted image]

Great news, so the idea to just use a new ssd drive sorted it ok?

#7602 1 year ago

I’ve had tickets open for over 10 days and no reply at all. Very poor service so far for me. Very disappointing

#7603 1 year ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Very nice update #004. We are neighbors as I am #003 HAHA. We need to find our cousins 002 and 005

I’m 002 lol

#7604 1 year ago

Can you add a real knocker to the remake? Is their a place to even hook it up?

#7605 1 year ago

Very nice update #004. We are neighbors as I am #003 HAHA. We need to find our cousins 002 and 005

...You could start a LE list like they did in the beginning of the EHOH Thread, have everyone send in their LE number and Build Date...maybe their machine's serial number.

#7606 1 year ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

...You could start a LE list like they did in the beginning of the EHOH Thread, have everyone send in their LE number and Build Date...maybe their machine's serial number.

You mean create a LV only thread? What would be the a few reasons to do it/? I am still a little drunk from the big win last night...lol

#7607 1 year ago

Now i feel all warm and fuzzy in the middle of 2 and 4. HAHA.

#7608 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Great news, so the idea to just use a new ssd drive sorted it ok?

yep

#7609 1 year ago

You mean create a LV only thread? What would be the a few reasons to do it/? I am still a little drunk from the big win last night...lol

please DO NOT create another LV thread. Only one thread for owners.
The idea of 2 threads has been tested before for other games and it is an absolute waste of time for future owners searching for information and people asking questions.
There are currently 2 Jurassic Park threads and it is just annoying as most people end up posting in 2 places.

#7610 1 year ago

No, no new thread...go look at the first post in the EHOH Owners Club thread...you seemed to want to know who had which LVs...it was just a thought.

#7611 1 year ago

I presume it has been discussed, can someone sticky and/or share a post capturing the key differences between SV and LV? Reading the official site leaves me still uncertain whether that extra $ is worth it. Had fun playing the SV at GSPF this weekend. Thanks!

#7612 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

I presume it has been discussed, can someone sticky and/or share a post capturing the key differences between SV and LV? Reading the official site leaves me still uncertain whether that extra $ is worth it. Had fun playing the SV at GSPF this weekend. Thanks!

If you have the cash Id say go with LV. I have an SV and I was tempted to sell on to order the LV for the following reasons:
-Shaker
-2 step flipper buttons!!!
-more lighting
-art blades (not made yet for sale)
-beacons tied in
-art package is very cool
-backbox lighting (I think??)

Still love the SV, but I will have to install backbox lighting, side lighting etc. on my own, already half the cost of the LV upgrades right there. Plus there is no way to tie Shaker, Beacons, 2 step flippers into the SV at this time, MAYBE in the future Im told..

#7613 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

If you have the cash Id say go with LV. I have an SV and I was tempted to sell on to order the LV for the following reasons:
-Shaker
-2 step flipper buttons!!!
-more lighting
-art blades (not made yet for sale)
-beacons tied in
-art package is very cool
-backbox lighting (I think??)
Still love the SV, but I will have to install backbox lighting, side lighting etc. on my own, already half the cost of the LV upgrades right there. Plus there is no way to tie Shaker, Beacons, 2 step flippers into the SV at this time, MAYBE in the future Im told..

Just got an sv about to be delivered. So I can’t add a shaker?

#7614 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

At this time SV's are shipped with firmware .56 , LVs are .57 (or higher?), and you need the upgraded firmware to add function for Beacons, Shaker, 2-step flipper buttons. At the moment the upgraded firmware is not publically available for SV owners to upgrade, you wont be able to add a shaker until they release it

#7615 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

At this time SV's are shipped with firmware .56 , LVs are .57 (or higher?), and you need the upgraded firmware to add function for Beacons, Shaker, 2-step flipper buttons. At the moment the upgraded firmware is not publically available for SV owners to upgrade, you wont be able to add a shaker until they release it

Ahhh okay. That’s fine. I assume it’s likely just a matter of time though, right? 2 stage flippers and beacons are nice but my main thing is the shaker. I prefer the subtle SV aesthetics personally.

#7616 1 year ago

Seriously the game doesn't really even need a shaker. The sub does a pretty good job.

#7617 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Seriously the game doesn't really even need a shaker. The sub does a pretty good job.

Word? Okay that’s good to know. I might just throw invisglass on it and call it a day then.

#7618 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

This a new shipment? I was supposedly getting one of the next SVs and im not far from you. Melissa call you to let you know its ready?

#7619 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Ahhh okay. That’s fine. I assume it’s likely just a matter of time though, right? 2 stage flippers and beacons are nice but my main thing is the shaker. I prefer the subtle SV aesthetics personally.

For me the 2-stage flippers are the deal-breaker, I probably wont add beacons and if you turn the Vol to 6 the Bass already shakes the Cab mind you if it ever becomes available I would probs add a shaker just for posterity

#7620 1 year ago

I assume yes they cant withold that functionality forever. I wouldnt expect that to happen until they sell out of LVs though

#7621 1 year ago

What are these "beacons" you guys speak of?! Don't be shill, they're now forever known as "siren lights". Pay attention.

#7622 1 year ago

Don't forget that the LV comes with invisiglass also

#7623 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

This a new shipment? I was supposedly getting one of the next SVs and im not far from you. Melissa call you to let you know its ready?

No bought a used one that supposedly works perfectly out the gate. Was kinda worried after reading all the issues etc.

#7624 1 year ago

In the menu settings on the real game that I own (the reason I and most others are in this forum) I think it says beacons

#7625 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Word? Okay that’s good to know. I might just throw invisglass on it and call it a day then.

You might not even need that. Alien has one of the best looking glass sheets I've seen on a 'non-invis' game. It looks like it has something on it, but I can't say for certain as I haven't seen an LV to compare. It's not 100% non-reflective, but since the game is overall darker than other games, it is not that noticeable.

#7626 1 year ago

Says Beacons in the menu settings

#7627 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You might not even need that. Alien has one of the best looking glass sheets I've seen on a 'non-invis' game. It looks like it has something on it, but I can't say for certain as I haven't seen an LV to compare. It's not 100% non-reflective, but since the game is overall darker than other games, it is not that noticeable.

Yea I love the super darkness of the sv over the brighter lv.

#7628 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

No bought a used one that supposedly works perfectly out the gate. Was kinda worried after reading all the issues etc.

thx

#7629 1 year ago

So, I was messing with the magnet on the center magnet, and it's weird. I did another factory reset in 2.6 just to see and no change. Then I started playing with the power settings. At default (0) it won't keep the ball at all, but I started decreasing the power to the negative percents, and at -40%/ -50% it actually will keep holding the ball ~25% of the time...Can't go further than -50%. No idea what is going on here.

#7630 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So, I was messing with the magnet on the center magnet, and it's weird. I did another factory reset in 2.6 just to see and no change. Then I started playing with the power settings. At default (0) it won't keep the ball at all, but I started decreasing the power to the negative percents, and at -40%/ -50% it actually will keep holding the ball ~25% of the time...Can't go further than -50%. No idea what is going on here.

yes, Zablon... I have the exact same behavior. I highly suspect the problem is an incompatibility between the 2.6 system update and the .56 firmware on the SV. My understanding is a new firmware update is coming. This issue has been reported to pinball brothers and I believe they have been able to reproduce the problem. So hopefully it will be fixed soon.

#7631 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

In the menu settings on the real game that I own (the reason I and most others are in this forum) I think it says beacons

You haven't been paying attention for years tho

#7632 1 year ago

No worries I have no idea what youre talking about, nor do I understand why you would cast a pall of negativity over this forum if you do not now, or have any intention of owning an Alien machine in the future

#7633 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

yes, Zablon... I have the exact same behavior. I highly suspect the problem is an incompatibility between the 2.6 system update and the .56 firmware on the SV. My understanding is a new firmware update is coming. This issue has been reported to pinball brothers and I believe they have been able to reproduce the problem. So hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Im sorry if this is rewind but have you already done the 'rebuild' back to 2.2 a la the PBros website then re-upgraded to 2.6?

#7634 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

Im sorry if this is rewind but have you already done the 'rebuild' back to 2.2 a la the PBros website then re-upgraded to 2.6?

Yes... been there, done that. It really isn't a big deal... I could always revert to an older System Update. For now, I'm just sticking with 2.6 because I like being on the bleeding edge and helping to fix problems.

#7635 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

No worries I have no idea what youre talking about, nor do I understand why you would cast a pall of negativity over this forum if you do not now, or have any intention of owning an Alien machine in the future

If I was a bitter, old troglodyte who lived in the middle of nowhere with no prospects, I would probably spend every waking moment on the internet crying and being a pain in everyone's ass, too

#7636 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

Pinside hosts the pinball forum. The individual topics are discussed in threads. You do not need to own a PB Aliens to be on here. I follow because I'm interested in actual information and because i want to. Unfortunately, not everything people read on here is factual and a lot of it is misleading opinions.

#7637 1 year ago

In my mind the whole point of a subforum like this is 2) a little hype and 1) people trying to troubleshoot problems with their game and compare with others. I am on here saying Ive had a problem with cracking playfields and I want to warn people as to what I think the best practice would be to avoid on their own manchine - other people likewise on here trying to groupthink small issues - we dont need trolls on here throwing shade without having any experience themselves.

#7638 1 year ago

Well - as a counter to any potential negativity... I think this is one of the best games I've ever played. Yeah ok people are having issues with them - I am too... But when it's working, there's nothing like playing this with my son next to me as we're barking out Sgt Apone's quotes. The LV, while not a massive upgrade over the SV it has to be said - is still glorious.

Also I'm totally getting this tshirt for my son and I. "Get on the ready line marines!!!!"

https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/4351232-aliens-get-on-the-ready-line-marine

#7639 1 year ago

Yep. Just another glorious day in the corps

#7640 1 year ago

I’m buying an sv sight unseen having never played it but watched plenty of vids and the immersion seems off the charts. I was really looking for atmosphere and intensity.

#7641 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

I’m buying an sv sight unseen having never played it but watched plenty of vids and the immersion seems off the charts. I was really looking for atmosphere and intensity.

Well that’s exactly what you are going to get. I’ve just got mine dialed in. Had issues with the hyper sleep ball lock. Now that it’s sorted this gam can get so intense.
Reminds me so much of the anxiety I felt when I saw it the first time all those years ago. It’s so good at putting the pressure on. I fold like a cheap suit everytime lol.

Great game great support. Keep it up Pinball Brothers

#7642 1 year ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Well that’s exactly what you are going to get. I’ve just got mine dialed in. Had issues with the hyper sleep ball lock. Now that it’s sorted this gam can get so intense.
Reminds me so much of the anxiety I felt when I saw it the first time all those years ago. It’s so good at putting the pressure on. I fold like a cheap suit everytime lol.
Great game great support. Keep it up Pinball Brothers

Yep, when you are in modes, or just hitting the ball around it's really suspenseful, especially if you are playing the Alien modes. Aliens is a *little* more upbeat (just like the movie)... Then when you have hypersleep or ambush multiball stacked with sentry guns and you have full weapons, it just all kicks off beautifully.

#7643 1 year ago

I had my SV at the Golden State Pinball Festival last weekend. It was played nonstop for 3 solid days without issue other than a stuck ball and I heard of a stuck flipper but did not witness it. Everyone that played the game loved it and were appreciative that I brought it to the festival. Mine was in the second container that went out and I got it in September 21'. Melissa said I was #42.

Here is what I have done:
- Running code 2.4
- Installed the updated weapons and Xeon targets from PBB support
- Loctited coil fasteners - actual root cause of flipper sticking was loose coils (no need to sand down flipper bushings as one poster made a video about)
- Loctited post by right flipper and added washer
- Replaced pop spoons with Williams ones (looked the same but plastic on stock one was soft) pops far more responsive
- Re-soldered the diverter coils and
- Increased the diverter coil strength to 50%
- Filed down the linkage on the right slingshot that over-cammed when it was at Pin A- Go Go in October 21'
- Decreased the vent 1 coil strength
- Decreased Airlock eject coil strength
- Adjusted jaw position to stop servo hum
- Slightly bent the right ramp wireform to make the ball not drop out - I think this was the first thing I did to the machine

Trough has been flawless
Sometimes a ball will get stuck from the trough eject to the plunger lane - I think I saw a 3d print for this I need to make
Ball launch has been flawless
Xeno grab has been flawless
Hypersleep ramp has been fine
Airlock eject has been fine with lower eject coil strength - ball lands on left flipper
I have got the black screen on startup but just requires a reboot
Flippers have been fine - I have new PBB flipper bats but have not had to replace them
The Xeno magnet finish has chipped but I have a replacement from PBB

I agree with the idea of another thread specifically about troubleshooting. There is a lot of complaining rather than contributing to solutions in this thread that instantly gets the trash bin.

Cheers -AD

#7644 1 year ago

Finally got around to seeing what the blue 2d translite that KJS did. This is just resting in there so the led strip is very close to the back piece. The strip is not as noticeable when it’s set away a little. I just wanted to see how it looked. Very impressed.

84A4D2B9-67C6-4946-ACF3-73C2D6644D11 (resized).jpeg84A4D2B9-67C6-4946-ACF3-73C2D6644D11 (resized).jpeg
#7645 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Finally got around to seeing what the blue 2d translite that KJS did. This is just resting in there so the led strip is very close to the back piece. The strip is not as noticeable when it’s set away a little. I just wanted to see how it looked. Very impressed.
[quoted image]

Cool I've been waiting to see when someone had installed it! It looks great even with the stock lighting.

I want to give mine a try now.

#7646 1 year ago

Is that a new alien design? I like both
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#7647 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

In my mind the whole point of a subforum like this is 2) a little hype and 1) people trying to troubleshoot problems with their game and compare with others. I am on here saying Ive had a problem with cracking playfields and I want to warn people as to what I think the best practice would be to avoid on their own manchine - other people likewise on here trying to groupthink small issues - we dont need trolls on here throwing shade without having any experience themselves.

Although nobody asked what you think, I agree.(see how forums work?!) Being a 'yesman' and ignoring obvious issues or telling people they are idiots because they want to do something to their own game that you wouldn't do is borderline moronic. Who care what someone else does? The actual game developers and people who work in the pinball industry are in these threads helping with advice or videos and sometimes other people forget that they are just another customer and nothing more! yet talk like they're speaking gospel. Everyone has and is allowed their own opinions!

#7648 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

[quoted image]

its a special design/MOD. I bought one and have it sitting in a box and its just waiting for my SV to arrive....

#7649 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

its a special design/MOD. I bought one and have it sitting in a box and its just waiting for my SV to arrive....

Been waiting on an SV too. Heard delivery of SVs has trickled off since LVs. Only five produced last bunch/or made it to Cointaker…?

Been a long road on this. Hoping to see my SV before the last LV (1,000) but starting to wonder. Wouldnt be as terrible if the paid in full didnt happen in Sept 21.

Dallas : Well... some of you may have figured out we're not home yet, we're only half way there. Mother's interrupted the course of our journey. She's programmed to do that should certain conditions arise. They have. It seems that she has... intercepted a transmission of unknown origin. She got us up to check it out.

#7650 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

[quoted image]

Hey Rockrand, I did a blue queen version for LV owners as well as the green original for the SV. Thanks for the post boof...looks great!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Woodstock, GA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 18,758 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 376.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/153?hl=mbrave77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.