Alien pinball (resized).jpg
20240414_165244 (resized).jpg
20240307_181954 (resized).jpg
20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,775 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 376.
#7451 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

I don't think that splitter cable is going to power off with the switch. A power strip in a machine always feels like a big kludge to me, but maybe it doesn't bother others.

It won’t turn off with the machines on off switch.
You would need to run the power cable for the machine and another power cable for the power supply to a power strip outside the machine and then connect that to a smart outlet, so it turns everything on the strip on and off.
Tapping into the AC is cleaner IMO. It’s just an option if someone isn’t comfortable with that.

#7452 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

It won’t turn off with the machines on off switch.
You would need to run the power cable for the machine and another power cable for the power supply to a power strip outside the machine and then connect that to a smart outlet, so it turns everything on the strip on and off.
Tapping into the AC is cleaner IMO. It’s just an option if someone isn’t comfortable with that.

All my machines go into a long power strip that has a smart outlet. It's a non issue for me. I only use the power switch to reboot a game. Having a hot outlet with game off allowes me to solder like the service outlet in other games anyway.

#7453 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

on the SV the small standup targets do not light up. (the inserts in front of them should at various times).
The Large standup targets do light up.
Eggs should be lit almost always.
I'm not clear what you mean by dome lamp by the alien?
If you have a bunch of inserts out on the right check that you have coils on the right side working. It's possible you have a blown fuse or a fuse cap that needs reseated.

Do we know why? The lights are there, they just aren't working.
I thought the LV and SV used the same software?

#7454 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

The short spiteful answer is...they had to make the LV different somehow to justify the price bump because no one can just make a pinball machine anymore.

#7455 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The short spiteful answer is...they had to make the LV different somehow to justify the price bump because no one can just make a pinball machine anymore.

That's F'n lame. LV got art, lit blades, custom armor, shaker, and topper. We can't even get code to make what we already have work?

#7456 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:The short spiteful answer is...they had to make the LV different somehow to justify the price bump because no one can just make a pinball machine anymore.

That is pretty pitiful!

#7457 1 year ago

That's F'n lame. LV got art, lit blades, custom armor, shaker, and topper. We can't even get code to make what we already have work?

TBH I am not really clear on how it is being done as I haven't seen an LV. I believe the actual switch part/board/connector are the same, but maybe they are using different boards. I don't see a place to connect the 2nd connector on the SV for the small targets like their is for the big targets. But, in the few pics I've seen, they have multicolored wiring on the LV connectors, so it is possible it uses a different connector size and connects to a port that is already on the boards.

What I'm getting at is..I do not believe it is a software lockout. I believe it is either different connectors or different boards altogether. If it is different connectors you could potentially wire them to work.

IMO though, I don't even notice because of the inserts. I don't think they really do much with them.

#7458 1 year ago

I don't think anyone knows about the future of those targets yet. I don't recall those small target LEDs lighting on the LV's either. Maybe a future software update will enable them for all? Who knows?

#7459 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

I don't think anyone knows about the future of those targets yet. I don't recall those small target LEDs lighting on the LV's either. Maybe a future software update will enable them for all? Who knows?

I dont think either the SV or LV is coded to have these targets light up to be honest.. Who knows what the future holds for these?

#7460 1 year ago

So no one with LV can confirm this? I thought it was mentioned at one point somewhere that those were reserved for LE to add to the 'more leds' number. Maybe it's coming with the new firmware then.

#7461 1 year ago
Quoted from Sjoend:

The advantage of owning a SV ; all day long Kurt’s translite, it just looks amazing.
Thanks Kurt!
Now waiting for the fantastic apron mod + beacons so that I can install the tracker mod
Man I love this game
[quoted image]

Now that is the most impressive backglass I've ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#7462 1 year ago

So never repaired a wireform rail? Any thoughts on how best to get this back in place? Soder?

20220510_131623 (resized).jpg20220510_131623 (resized).jpg
#7464 1 year ago

That unfortunately isn't an option.

#7465 1 year ago
Quoted from precisionk:

That unfortunately isn't an option.

Ticket, and have them send you a new one.

#7466 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Ticket, and have them send you a new one.

Yeah just added to the ticket.

So far on the LV, have replaced -

Drop Target Assembly
Subway Scoop Assembly

Adding - Wireform Rail replacement

#7467 1 year ago
Quoted from precisionk:

Yeah just added to the ticket.
So far on the LV, have replaced -
Drop Target Assembly
Subway Scoop Assembly
Adding - Wireform Rail replacement

Have no fear, their support is amazing. They do go the distance to resolve.

#7468 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Have no fear, their support is amazing. They do go the distance to resolve.

Oh I definitely don't, they have shipped packages faster from Italy to me then I have received at Amazon at times. Its funny as I have always had troubles going up that scoope where I'd hit it with the left upper flipper right on in and it would bounce out. For all I know, its been like this awhile and I never noticed.

#7469 1 year ago

I've been watching LV videos and they don't seem to work there either. It might not be an LV feature after all.
Very odd that they would pay for and install lights without any function.

#7470 1 year ago

Can PB keep this up - shipping / expediting “care packages”? At some point this has to erode margins.

On the flip side if PB did not they would be in trouble sooner.

If they want to be around long term, quality has to improve or they will go out of business.

#7471 1 year ago

I just replaced the Xeno mech due to failing issue - after PB Brother support sent me a new one.

Went in pretty basic - needed to unmount the scope to get access to it, but anyway -

It seems to work fine, however - it's making this noise - almost like the motor/mechanism is struggling or getting stressed.

Does anyone else's Xeno mech make this noise? Should I be concerned? It goes away after it 'does its thing' during a multi ball etc, but it may be a prob down the road.

Not sure how audible it will be with glass on.

#7472 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

I just replaced the Xeno mech due to failing issue - after PB Brother support sent me a new one.
Went in pretty basic - needed to unmount the scope to get access to it, but anyway -
It seems to work fine, however - it's making this noise - almost like the motor/mechanism is struggling or getting stressed.
Does anyone else's Xeno mech make this noise? Should I be concerned? It goes away after it 'does its thing' during a multi ball etc, but it may be a prob down the road.

Push up on the bottom jaw and see if it goes away. I had a buzz like that and it has to do with the jaw not being positioned correctly which causes it not to close completely.

#7473 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Push up on the bottom jaw and see if it goes away. I had a buzz like that and it has to do with the jaw not being positioned correctly which causes it not to close completely.

hah, yeah that's it - it goes away when I push up wonder how I can adjust it so it doesn't make that noise from time to time. need to play around with it

Update - I pushed on the chin upwards - seems to have addressed....The bitch is back...hah!

#7474 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

This is normal. Mine is this loud when the mech extends.

#7475 1 year ago

from pinball brothers

the 4 target are not lighting up because are not coded for be lighting up

(only one of the weapon targets is coded to be lighted due to a mistake)

Please wait the new game code and you are going to have it lighted.

Thanks

Andrea
PB Support

#7476 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

A few things i think need tweaking software wise are:
2) movable upper lanes lamps

This is by design. The lanes can only be completed 6 or 7 times in a ball before the award is maxed out; having lane change here could make this too easy. (See also: Theatre of Magic)

Quoted from applejuice:

5) upper right life cycle lamp doesnt always light from lane shot

Make sure "Chestburster Lane Difficulty" is set to Easy. (Hard requires both the proximity sensor and the standup at the end of the lane, which can be, well, hard. Easy requires only the prox sensor.)

#7477 1 year ago
Quoted from DVDA:

the 4 target are not lighting up because are not coded for be lighting up
(only one of the weapon targets is coded to be lighted due to a mistake)

Noticed this when my SV arrived with no weapon target led's even plugged in! When i connected them, only the target left of the Alien lights up - I thought, if I was handier I would 'tap' into that Led signal for lighted flipper buttons

#7478 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Can PB keep this up - shipping / expediting “care packages”? At some point this has to erode margins.
On the flip side if PB did not they would be in trouble sooner.
If they want to be around long term, quality has to improve or they will go out of business.

I agree. I am really questioning my purchase from this company. Seems like most of the 22 LV’s that are here in the US are problematic! If it does not improve I am out!

#7479 1 year ago

So the question becomes is this a QA issue or a shipping issue? No idea how many have shipped, but it doesn't seem like the outgoing quality is getting better...from a build perspective.

#7480 1 year ago

It sucks that buying this game has to be such a gamble because PB is a new company, obv not helped at all by coming off the legacy of Heighway. By all accounts this seems (to me) to be an amazing game (Top 10 all-time, for me) with few and moderate technical concerns that PB seems very active in wanting to sort out. I do definitely understand the risk of spending $10k+ on an item if for some reason you might doubt eventually being able to repair it. That said, I have had immaculate service from Pbros., admittedly all my ticket items are quite minor but, every game has design flaws and revisions and since PBros seems quite intent on improving this (already amazing) game as we go, I wont hesitate in holding onto my game for quite a while!

#7481 1 year ago

Touch wood, but so far my LV has been flawless. Honestly not a single issue. I am sure there are others out there that are fine too but I guess people with issues tend to post to try and get help.

#7482 1 year ago

anyone have any idea of what number their up to on the line?

Quoted from precisionk:

So never repaired a wireform rail? Any thoughts on how best to get this back in place? Soder?
[quoted image]

silver solder works great I use a small torch to heat it up...I've used it on stainless vuk assemblies too...

edit...I was responding to the broken weld post, not the above caption...but I do want to know that too...seems to be an industrial secret...

#7483 1 year ago

My standard has been on location for over 2 months now. Just yesterday it didn't boot on power up for the first time. Pulled playfield out, made sure connections were all tight, put it back in and rebooted and it was fine. Those are about the only issues I have had so far with it. I'm loving it. I just updated to the 2.6 as well and I haven't looked closely at changes, but to me it seems like the insert lighting works better with the update, less flickering and easier to see. Not sure if that makes sense to anyone else who updated from 2.4 but yes overall my machine has been far far far more reliable than the heighway version I had several years ago.

#7484 1 year ago
Quoted from precisionk:

This is normal. Mine is this loud when the mech extends.

I meant before the tongue extends...it was related to the mechanism that drops the mouth

#7485 1 year ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

My standard has been on location for over 2 months now. Just yesterday it didn't boot on power up for the first time. Pulled playfield out, made sure connections were all tight, put it back in and rebooted and it was fine. Those are about the only issues I have had so far with it. I'm loving it. I just updated to the 2.6 as well and I haven't looked closely at changes, but to me it seems like the insert lighting works better with the update, less flickering and easier to see. Not sure if that makes sense to anyone else who updated from 2.4 but yes overall my machine has been far far far more reliable than the heighway version I had several years ago.

Nice to hear from a location owner. I put my deposit down on an LV ten days ago with Cointaker. Hopefully shipping this year.

#7486 1 year ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

Nice to hear from a location owner. I put my deposit down on an LV ten days ago with Cointaker. Hopefully shipping this year.

It has been earning well, only major complaint is the game is too dark, and although I don't mind it I an definitely see why my players would say that playing the game.

#7487 1 year ago

My earnings have been disappointing. Under what any new Stern pro would bring in. Hopefully there will be an uptick but with everything I went thru with this I wouldn't recommend one for route over a standard Stern pro at this time. Juice doesn't equal the squeeze. You win some and you lose some. I'll prob give it another month then get rid of it.

#7488 1 year ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

It has been earning well, only major complaint is the game is too dark, and although I don't mind it I an definitely see why my players would say that playing the game.

I put pin stadiums on mine and it is awesome. The uv flashes when I hit the Xeno...I have the GI set to a blue glow....

#7489 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I put pin stadiums on mine and it is awesome. The uv flashes when I hit the Xeno...I have the GI set to a blue glow....

Which ones did you install.. i assume the entry level pinstadium due to limited flasher switching?

#7490 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Which ones did you install.. i assume the entry level pinstadium due to limited flasher switching?

Neo Fusion

#7491 1 year ago

And apparently I posted too soon, getting nothing but can't boot screens today when I just came down to turn it on. Anyone else had this?

1ABB42B0-569F-4CFF-82EE-94CF337AFB9F (resized).jpeg1ABB42B0-569F-4CFF-82EE-94CF337AFB9F (resized).jpeg
#7492 1 year ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

And apparently I posted too soon, getting nothing but can't boot screens today when I just came down to turn it on. Anyone else had this?[quoted image]

u didnt leave a usb stick in it did you?

#7493 1 year ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

And apparently I posted too soon, getting nothing but can't boot screens today when I just came down to turn it on. Anyone else had this?[quoted image]

Loose cable for hard drive probably.

#7494 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Loose cable for hard drive probably.

I didn’t. I tried putting a usb in after I got that message and nothing

#7495 1 year ago

danhausen hexed it

#7496 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

danhausen hexed it

Very nice very evil

#7497 1 year ago

Woke up to a reply from Pinball Brothers, seems like easy enough fix, not sure if anyone else has had their game on as much as I have with it being on location but here is their fix.

Did anyone else know there was a battery in this thing?

I will go try fixing it today and give an update.

"Hi Thomas Skinner,

Thanks for your message!

1st: change the tampon battery inside the ITX it's a CR2032

2nd: do this: "How-to" rebuild machine - Alien 2.2

3rd: Alien - Delta game update. (2.6)

You can use game code 2.4 or 2.6 or your SV game.

I tried to be clear and fast as possible.

If you need more help let me know.

Andrea
PB Support "

#7499 1 year ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

Touch wood, but so far my LV has been flawless. Honestly not a single issue. I am sure there are others out there that are fine too but I guess people with issues tend to post to try and get help.

Same with me. It's been flawless and I had 2 witnesses.

#7500 1 year ago

Topper

20220512_152912 (resized).jpg20220512_152912 (resized).jpg20220512_153003 (resized).jpg20220512_153003 (resized).jpg20220512_154727 (resized).jpg20220512_154727 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
$ 160.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Woodstock, GA
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,775 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 376.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/150?hl=jdub03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.