Alien pinball (resized).jpg
20240414_165244 (resized).jpg
20240307_181954 (resized).jpg
20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,775 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 376.
#651 2 years ago

On the original ALIEN the Beacon power was reduced to ~7 Volt PWM-current.
That was decided to reduce the noise from gear driven version.
In the meantime belt driven versions were available but I never got a pair... but I got new beacons with a screw cap I use now.
This version is much better for maintenance and it use 12 Volt LED with less power consumption.

Order this version: ebay.com link: itm

#652 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

On the original ALIEN the Beacon power was reduced to ~7 Volt PWM-current.
That was decided to reduce the noise from gear driven version.
In the meantime belt driven versions were available but I never got a pair... but I got new beacons with a screw cap I use now.
This version is much better for maintenance and it use 12 Volt LED with less power consumption.
Order this version: ebay.com link: itm

FYI for those of us in the states:

Shipping:
Does not ship to United States

#653 2 years ago

It just arrived! So excited! hopefully everything will be up and running soon. Side note star and metric nuts and screws are on this machine. Its a beauty. Mylaring the machine around the magnets and alien high traffic area, drops, and scoop. Side art is great. Will update as I go.

20210504_101349 (resized).jpg20210504_101349 (resized).jpg20210504_102139 (resized).jpg20210504_102139 (resized).jpg20210504_102202 (resized).jpg20210504_102202 (resized).jpg20210504_102408 (resized).jpg20210504_102408 (resized).jpg20210504_102449 (resized).jpg20210504_102449 (resized).jpg20210504_102517 (resized).jpg20210504_102517 (resized).jpg20210504_105420 (resized).jpg20210504_105420 (resized).jpg20210504_105626 (resized).jpg20210504_105626 (resized).jpg20210504_120656 (resized).jpg20210504_120656 (resized).jpg
#654 2 years ago

Beautiful! Don't forget to check if the speaker/subwoofer cables have been switched in the backbox.

#655 2 years ago

Congrats

#656 2 years ago

Awesome.....and Amazing Collection. Love the floors.

#657 2 years ago

Yeah, very nice collection. Is this a commercial location? Just guessing due to the parking lot and Exit sign. if so, I wish I lived near you!

#658 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Yeah, very nice collection. Is this a commercial location? Just guessing due to the parking lot and Exit sign. if so, I wish I lived near you!

I was thinking the same thing....must be a biz.

#659 2 years ago

I would actually like a EXIT door lol.....kick out dave when he has overstayed his welcome....hahahaha

#660 2 years ago

nice to see a positive feedback on the games looks. congratulations
looks great

#661 2 years ago

Congrats ,mine gets here on Thursday.

IMG_2145 (resized).jpgIMG_2145 (resized).jpg
#662 2 years ago

Did you guys have yours air shipped?

#663 2 years ago

We are a local comic shop in Florence,KY just south of Cincinnati called Comics2games. It was just shipped FedEx from PA this week. I hoping after work to try it out and test hiw it is different from the original version. We love it so far.

#664 2 years ago

Any news on the LV/LE version yet?

#665 2 years ago

Yes, it was posted 2 pages back. All the info is there.

#666 2 years ago
Quoted from Chopper36:

Congrats ,mine gets here on Thursday.
[quoted image]

Nice!

A966F263-0A91-4E2E-8A6C-9351893FDF5D (resized).jpegA966F263-0A91-4E2E-8A6C-9351893FDF5D (resized).jpeg
#667 2 years ago

I’m at dinner with my wife and she says she likes the chandeliers.
I told her they remind me of xenomorph drool...

I really need to get one of these machines

23FC16EC-4218-42A4-B039-CB84F3E30C0D.jpeg23FC16EC-4218-42A4-B039-CB84F3E30C0D.jpegAD797F2C-05A3-4094-B226-F711F375F100.jpegAD797F2C-05A3-4094-B226-F711F375F100.jpegD9F455B7-2032-4182-9EE8-C8B191A71CB8.gifD9F455B7-2032-4182-9EE8-C8B191A71CB8.gif
#668 2 years ago
Quoted from pballjunkie:

We are a local comic shop in Florence,KY just south of Cincinnati called Comics2games. It was just shipped FedEx from PA this week. I hoping after work to try it out and test hiw it is different from the original version. We love it so far.

How’s it playing? Everything working ok?

#669 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

How’s it playing? Everything working ok?

Yes it plays rather fast. It feels faster and has more flow than heighway version which sounds odd I know. But i cant help but think that the monitor in playfield slows down the ball, Ive played both now and I definitely like the pinball brothers version better. I have got the ball stuck twice due to air balls under the right ramp and above right upper flipper. There is a small curve in the plastic right before the right upper flipper assembly and a ball cradles perfectly there. The 2nd spot is just to the right of the upper right flipper under the wireform between it and the plastic piece below it. That happened during multiball and ricocheted off flipper and bounced and lodged right under wireform. It might just be a level adjustment front to back. Other than that its been preforming quite nicely. I had it set on family mode which seems to leave out the rescue newt and bleeps out any language. Still tinkering around with settings to see what else is cut in family mode. Speakers were connected correctly and sound good, ive found a nice setting at 12 for our store that engages you and sets the mood for the game in modes like find jonsey which is a cool mode. I adjusted the trough strength down a bit as that ball flys out into the lane and sometimes bounced back in trough. (Most manufacturers have them standardly set high and it seems on some machines like sterns to wear out the shooter lane faster with higher power settings)I had to adjust the flipper button switches as they were way to close together and we very touchy at first but now are spot on. The ball launch is much smoother than heighway version too The physical ball lock is cool too and doesnt slow down game play. The magnet above the right upper flipper is great addition and be ready for it to accelerate your ball back down on either magnet (other one in front of xenomorph)during gameplay which can catch you off guard but is definitely a welcome distraction. I will keep playing and let u all know what else i find as more average customers will be playing it tomorrow and you never know how they are going to play the game especially if this is their 1st time trying it out.

#670 2 years ago
Quoted from pballjunkie:

Yes it plays rather fast. It feels faster and has more flow than heighway version which sounds odd I know. But i cant help but think that the monitor in playfield slows down the ball, Ive played both now and I definitely like the pinball brothers version better. I have got the ball stuck twice due to air balls under the right ramp and above right upper flipper. There is a small curve in the plastic right before the right upper flipper assembly and a ball cradles perfectly there. The 2nd spot is just to the right of the upper right flipper under the wireform between it and the plastic piece below it. That happened during multiball and ricocheted off flipper and bounced and lodged right under wireform. It might just be a level adjustment front to back. Other than that its been preforming quite nicely. I had it set on family mode which seems to leave out the rescue newt and bleeps out any language. Still tinkering around with settings to see what else is cut in family mode. Speakers were connected correctly and sound good, ive found a nice setting at 12 for our store that engages you and sets the mood for the game in modes like find jonsey which is a cool mode. I adjusted the trough strength down a bit as that ball flys out into the lane and sometimes bounced back in trough. (Most manufacturers have them standardly set high and it seems on some machines like sterns to wear out the shooter lane faster with higher power settings)I had to adjust the flipper button switches as they were way to close together and we very touchy at first but now are spot on. The ball launch is much smoother than heighway version too The physical ball lock is cool too and doesnt slow down game play. The magnet above the right upper flipper is great addition and be ready for it to accelerate your ball back down on either magnet (other one in front of xenomorph)during gameplay which can catch you off guard but is definitely a welcome distraction. I will keep playing and let u all know what else i find as more average customers will be playing it tomorrow and you never know how they are going to play the game especially if this is their 1st time trying it out.

Great review. Thanks!

#671 2 years ago

Hi guys how are you all doing? I updated the Xenomorph a bit and filmed the results.
Im sorry im not that much in this great forum, i see now, i have a bunch of mails unanswered, my bad sorry! im on youtube, and easy to get in contact with there, if you want me to film something specific or a question about the Alien, will help all i can
Pinball Brothers Alien Pinball Xenomorph adjustment update, video nr 3

#672 2 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

Hi guys how are you all doing? I updated the Xenomorph a bit and filmed the results.
Im sorry im not that much in this great forum, i see now, i have a bunch of mails unanswered, my bad sorry! im on youtube, and easy to get in contact with there, if you want me to film something specific or a question about the Alien, will help all i can

DAMN! That pf is like a sheet of polished glass! Gameplay looks awesome!

#673 2 years ago
Quoted from pballjunkie:

Appreciate the feedback - keep it coming! So glad to see these games coming in. Mine can’t be far away. You know for sure I will be posting impressions especially how the new one compares to old. It will be fair no doubt from me! That’s an interesting point though on the lack of PF screen resulting in faster gameplay. I would believe it. There def was friction caused by the PF. Not saying I rather not have it but good observation.

#674 2 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

Great video however that Xeno is still not working 100%. The first test it ate the ball as expected but the jaw should close, not remain open. The second time (at the end of the video) it ate the ball correctly (open for tongue, jaw closes after it eats it).

I must say it’s a little disappointing that this mech is not 100% out of the box considering it always had issues in the OG however from what I understand, yours was a very early/proto maybe and the ones coming out work well? Interested to hear how other owners experience it.

pballjunkie - let us know how yours reacts. Does the jaw close after it eats it. Looks odd with the mouth just stuck open during MB.

PF looks so smooth / like glass! I did see some odd dimpling by the xeno magnet, although might have been the glare. Appreciate the content.

#675 2 years ago

That jaw design still looks poor. Almost think rather than a switch it should use a hook and latch/loop with a switch placed completely behind/off the alien head. I won't know for sure until I see one in person though.

#676 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Great video however that Xeno is still not working 100%. The first test it ate the ball as expected but the jaw should close, not remain open. The second time (at the end of the video) it ate the ball correctly (open for tongue, jaw closes after it eats it).
I must say it’s a little disappointing that this mech is not 100% out of the box considering it always had issues in the OG however from what I understand, yours was a very early/proto maybe and the ones coming out work well? Interested to hear how other owners experience it.
pballjunkie - let us know how yours reacts. Does the jaw close after it eats it. Looks odd with the mouth just stuck open during MB.
PF looks so smooth / like glass! I did see some odd dimpling by the xeno magnet, although might have been the glare. Appreciate the content.

In the comments on the YouTube video, he says that PB are aware of and actively working on a software fix for the jaw not closing issue.

#677 2 years ago

The eagle has landed! Shout out to the awesome delivery driver from FedEx Freight that brought it all the way around my house to my lower basement door. I usually have to fight with drivers to bring it to my garage (I have a kind of steep driveway).

Unboxing and setup later this afternoon.

73D4D7E4-BDC5-42EB-AD9A-B24E4D8AF406 (resized).jpeg73D4D7E4-BDC5-42EB-AD9A-B24E4D8AF406 (resized).jpeg
#678 2 years ago

The eagle has landed! Shout out to the awesome delivery driver from FedEx Freight that brought it all the way around my house to my lower basement door. I usually have to fight with drivers to bring it to my garage (I have a kind of steep driveway).
[quoted image]

We are waiting ..................

#679 2 years ago

Why is it still in the box? Come on slowpoke!

#680 2 years ago

Anyone have plans to stream the new alien yet?

#681 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Why is it still in the box? Come on slowpoke!

yeah I would have torn the box apart...HAHAHAH.

Hell I will drive up and help out.....

#682 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Hell yes!

#683 2 years ago

I cannot believe that PB didn't learn from Heighways' issues with the Xenomorph microswitch!
It's totally wrong to bend the lever arm... what a bad support.
Just rework the bracket to have the choice to adjust the switch via elongated holes step by step.
And if you take a closer look to these microswitches you will see that the lever arm can be used in two positions... that's the first thing to check.

#684 2 years ago

I woke up this morning to a partially flooded basement (we have had crazy amounts of rain this week) and took the day off work to deal with that. Having a boxed Alien sitting there made the cleanup work take forever. I finally took a break early this afternoon and got Alien setup.

I’ll post more later but the short version is that despite the flooded basement, and needing to be introduced to PB Support already to deal with some problems, I’m currently grinning from ear to ear. I’ve never played Alien before but completing Loader Battle was one of those “special” pinball moments. Lots more to come, but for now I’m back to vacuuming up water…

#685 2 years ago

Ok, one quick pic. The lighting on this game is so awesome, and I think all the lights are RGB. Star posts are lit from beneath and these translucent light blocks are used all over the playfield in place of standard stainless steel ball guides. I think I'll replace a lot of the black rubber with transparent titan silicone.

IMG_0396 (resized).jpegIMG_0396 (resized).jpeg

#686 2 years ago

Very sorry to hear about the flooded basement, @tinyblackdog... hope there wasn't much damage to your house or possessions. But congrats on the game... I trust you'll get any glitches ironed out quickly and have a blast with it!

#687 2 years ago

I’m in. Put deposit in today for a Q3 delivery.

Can’t wait!

#688 2 years ago

Total bummer on the water damage. Figures, the day you want to be free to play that shit happens. Hope you get it taken care of. Tell us what you had to contact PB for and what tweaks you had to do so far.

#689 2 years ago

The lighting on this game is so awesome, and I think all the lights are RGB. Star posts are lit from beneath and these translucent light blocks are used all over the playfield in place of standard stainless steel ball guide

This is one of the new things about this game that I'm excited to find out more. I think it's a great approach to keep the mood of the lighting the same but make it brighter than before. Flooding the game with bright lights would ruin it. I'm glad you like it, hopefully once you get your basement in order you can send us more pictures or a video?

#690 2 years ago

I woke up this morning to a partially flooded basement (we have had crazy amounts of rain this week) and took the day off work to deal with that. Having a boxed Alien sitting there made the cleanup work take forever. I finally took a break early this afternoon and got Alien setup.
I’ll post more later but the short version is that despite the flooded basement, and needing to be introduced to PB Support already to deal with some problems, I’m currently grinning from ear to ear. I’ve never played Alien before but completing Loader Battle was one of those “special” pinball moments. Lots more to come, but for now I’m back to vacuuming up water…

If you liked loader battle you are going to love self destruct. I find myself playing the Alien modes more than Aliens nowadays. I'm so glad you are having fun. I hope the weather improves and I'm looking forward to hearing more about your set up experience.

#691 2 years ago

I think I'll replace a lot of the black rubber with transparent titan silicone.
[quoted image]

Help with cleanings. Ive noticed black wears on the ball and ends up on the playfield more.

#692 2 years ago

I had a chance to put a dozen games on it this evening and made a short video showing some of the lighting effects. I’d like to do some gameplay video but I’m not set up for streaming and would need to do it with a phone camera - will play around with that tomorrow. I’ll post my thoughts, issues, and experience with PB support later. Thank you Ferret for coding such an amazing game. Love the variety of modes and overall polish. I need to dig into rules cause I have no clue how weapons work. Also not sure what stacks with what. I think I had two multiballs stacked together, possibly with another mode. All I know is my score went nuts.

Pinball Brothers have put together a really solid product at a fantastic price point. If you compare this to a Stern premium I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

#693 2 years ago

Pretty game ... lots of interesting ideas. Like the lack of ball guides. Nice to see positive reviews now for this game now that completed units have made it into homes.
Great Job Pinball Brothers, great game at a great value.
Refreshing

#694 2 years ago

I had a chance to put a dozen games on it this evening and made a short video showing some of the lighting effects. I’d like to do some gameplay video but

The playfield looks like a mirror, absolutely beautiful Thanks for taking the time to share, I know you have had a lot of cleaning up today, so 2 big thumbs up for thinking of us.

The rest of us now get to stare in envy as we await the arrival of our games.

#695 2 years ago

Hell yeah! I’m drooling like an Alien over here! Can’t wait to get mine. Looks soooo fun.

#696 2 years ago

Thank you Ferret for coding such an amazing game.

Thank you, I appreciate that. Please: Brian Dominy (@bcd) deserves at least as many accolades for the code... he's a brilliant engineer.

But I feel comfortable saying this for Brian, and all of Team Alien: we're really happy that more people will get to experience this great game, and hope it brings you all much enjoyment!

#697 2 years ago

I had a chance to put a dozen games on it this evening and made a short video showing some of the lighting effects. I’d like to do some gameplay video but I’m not set up for streaming and would need to do it with a phone camera - will play around with that tomorrow. I’ll post my thoughts, issues, and experience with PB support later. Thank you Ferret for coding such an amazing game. Love the variety of modes and overall polish. I need to dig into rules cause I have no clue how weapons work. Also not sure what stacks with what. I think I had two multiballs stacked together, possibly with another mode. All I know is my score went nuts.
Pinball Brothers have put together a really solid product at a fantastic price point. If you compare this to a Stern premium I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Thanks so much for the video! Sorry to hear about your basement. Hope things are getting better your way.

#698 2 years ago

I'm so excited! Mine is going to comes next week!!!
Wow Such a great game!

#699 2 years ago

Damn. That playfield looks gorgeous!

I don’t get the hate for the art package. Looks slick to my eyes!

#700 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Played his for 2 hours yesterday. Played ambush 4 times and it ate the ball twice. I believe it closed the mouth at least once. I didn’t know it was supposed to do that so I want to say the first time it didn’t close. The other two times, the magnet didn’t grab the ball, so the xeno ate nothing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 160.00
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,775 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 376.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/14?hl=retrocengo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.