2702EF4A-76D7-4D61-9210-CF410C594601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2711 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240325_231501 (resized).jpg
A6A6E2A3-579E-429A-93D8-6B77FC42C7B9 (resized).jpeg
69A6272E-06A0-46AB-882E-6F56825BDB2F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,553 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 372.
#7351 1 year ago

Just to chime in with some good news. The inconsistent start up issue I had was indeed a wobbly USB connection (ive secured it a bit better and the problem's gone) and after 20 or so games the left sling sprung to life all by itself! Maybe something stuck in the coil mech that worked free...?

So all has been great so far!

#7352 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

So the switch in the scoop is stuck closed.
Alien docs (design, mechs, electronics etc) can be found here https://www.pinballbrothers.com/alien/alien-docs/
Looking at the scoop mech doc it's an opto switch - so start by checking if the opto LED is working. I'm unsure if PB use a LED that can be seen by the naked eye or if it is IR like on B/W machines in which case a facetime camera on your mobile will normally show it (facetime camera doesn't has a IR filter). It could of course be that you're not getting power to the LED, for example a wire or connector has become disconnected.
The fact that after you raised the PF you now have lighting issues, indicates to me that maybe you have one of more loose connectors, so I'd start there. Also it's good to raise a support ticket https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/home such that PB has visibility to these issues, as well as help you diagnose and correct the issue

Thank you I'll look at that later today. Yeah, I opened up a ticket this morning.

#7353 1 year ago

Has anybody hear back from PB support about the issues with games locking up in attract mode?
There were a couple guys that weere talking about it but never heard of them again…

#7354 1 year ago
Quoted from RPZ:

She is IN DA HOUZE!
[quoted image]

I like how Alien sits next to Godzilla and says "do you even lift bro?".

#7355 1 year ago
Quoted from freebeer:

Bump!!!!

#7356 1 year ago
Quoted from freebeer:

Might have to separate them… don’t want to cause any trouble

#7357 1 year ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Might have to separate them… don’t want to cause any trouble

aline will face hug godzilla then you are in for it!

#7358 1 year ago
Quoted from Cigaretteman:

It is Retroarkaden.dk a private collection of machines open to the public every Thursday between 16.00-23.00.

Thanks,

Damn, we'll be there from Friday to Monday. :/

#7359 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Is this what u needed?[quoted image]

Thank you!!!!!

#7360 1 year ago

Just got notification that my Lv is being delivered today. Going to be a long day today at work.

#7361 1 year ago

Question, is the shaker on at power up getting fixed soon? Kind of a bad power on effect!!

Also, it seems lv games ship with a load of cables for target lamps unplugged? Because they are not yet coded in. Strange decision, why not just leave them plugged in ready for awakening in code later. I want to plug them in but now I’m wondering if there’s a reason they aren’t?? Are other lv games like this to??

E8B131BC-D714-4982-B306-035E193EB6E4 (resized).jpegE8B131BC-D714-4982-B306-035E193EB6E4 (resized).jpegDABE488B-D0EB-413D-9F7C-630F047B614E (resized).jpegDABE488B-D0EB-413D-9F7C-630F047B614E (resized).jpeg90C94A2C-67DB-42BA-8423-38ED52CAF5F9 (resized).jpeg90C94A2C-67DB-42BA-8423-38ED52CAF5F9 (resized).jpeg

#7362 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Question, is the shaker on at power up getting fixed soon? Kind of a bad power on effect!!
Also, it seems lv games ship with a load of cables for target lamps unplugged? Because they are not yet coded in. Strange decision, why not just leave them plugged in ready for awakening in code later. I want to plug them in but now I’m wondering if there’s a reason they aren’t?? Are other lv games like this to??
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mine was the same.

#7363 1 year ago

Ordered an LV! Looks like I'm in the club!

#7364 1 year ago
Quoted from precisionk:

So what is the purpose of this? Two plastic washers with with rings behind the egg. Block against airballs?[quoted image]

To prevent the unpreventable!

9BD55CCB-5B30-4FFB-832A-0D5E5B01933C (resized).jpeg9BD55CCB-5B30-4FFB-832A-0D5E5B01933C (resized).jpeg

#7365 1 year ago

Ive had an SV on order quite a while. Was told I would recieve it a while back like many others. Have mods ready and waiting. But Ill finally actually get to play the thing for the first time tomorrow at Pinfest in Allentown. So excited. Hopefully its not too crowded around the game....

#7366 1 year ago
Quoted from RPZ:

To prevent the unpreventable!
[quoted image]

Bonus points for that shot!

#7367 1 year ago

Finally got around to installing 2.6. I was very hesitant as 2.4 was working well for me (SV delivered mid march) I have to say I regret not making this update sooner. There were no issues with the update, even though I left my coil changes prior update, and then decided to factory reset after the update was completed. I needed to make very few adjustments to the coils compared to my 2.4 setup, and any issues with flipper knock down is definitely gone, without having to crank flipper coils +35% (which was definitely too heavy for this game.. -_-) Overall, amazing game! I have just over 630 plays on since march and have to say its working very well overall. Stronnnngly considering flipping my SV and buying and LV before theyre all gone! ...

#7368 1 year ago

The one in Allentown left flippers weren't working when I walked up

#7369 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Bah. Hopefully melissa can get it working

#7370 1 year ago

Lv has arrived. This thing really looks great. Not sure how it plays yet as I’ve had two coils not working. Trough kick out and scoop kick out. Ended up being the pins in the connectors being pulled out from the wiring harness being so tight. Had to try freeing some up as there is no play at all in it.

0DB94947-48EE-47F1-B3B6-2121C6BD1524 (resized).jpeg0DB94947-48EE-47F1-B3B6-2121C6BD1524 (resized).jpeg1B581896-2708-4C42-9D93-6EEFCF7DB8E5 (resized).jpeg1B581896-2708-4C42-9D93-6EEFCF7DB8E5 (resized).jpeg

#7371 1 year ago

I’m getting about 9 out of 10 airlock ejects going straight down the middle. Is this a common problem and is it easily fixed?

#7372 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I’m getting about 9 out of 10 airlock ejects going straight down the middle. Is this a common problem and is it easily fixed?

Yes. And hopefully yes. Try first just decrease coil strength (or increase it). Assuming your playfield is level.

#7373 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

PB have posted this https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80000961821--how-to-adjust-airlock-scoop

Others have also successfully added foam strips in the scoop to help direct the ball - think there's a few posts in the thread on exactly what/where they added it

#7374 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

This is because of 3 locations a spring can be installed - the default factory spot is a notch that the spring can easily slip out of.

#7375 1 year ago

Joined the club today, amazing machine and pleased to report not a single issue out of the box. These LV's are beautiful!

IMG-20220505-WA0003.jpegIMG-20220505-WA0003.jpeg
#7376 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

This is because of 3 locations a spring can be installed - the default factory spot is a notch that the spring can easily slip out of.

Didn't realize this, where's the preferred location to install the spring? One of mine broke, but I stretched what was left and its holding, and the other slipped out and I remounted, and stretched the connecting piece of the spring, but to the same location. Ordered spare springs, but still holding the original (even tho one broke).

#7377 1 year ago

A spring? Pic plz.

#7378 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Didn't realize this, where's the preferred location to install the spring? One of mine broke, but I stretched what was left and its holding, and the other slipped out and I remounted, and stretched the connecting piece of the spring, but to the same location. Ordered spare springs, but still holding the original (even tho one broke).

The edges on the mech that hold the spring have sharp edges... i knocked the edges down a bit with a file and no more breaks.

#7379 1 year ago

The dreaded I/O board missing came back. Not sure what could be the cause but it’s incredibly frustrating when this happens because it could be basically anything.

009DF617-32CC-42DE-A96A-E569DFB18F78 (resized).jpeg009DF617-32CC-42DE-A96A-E569DFB18F78 (resized).jpeg6B90BAA3-3C5D-45AE-82EC-62A43227DE1E (resized).jpeg6B90BAA3-3C5D-45AE-82EC-62A43227DE1E (resized).jpegCCE0EEC6-2235-478D-A687-7D5151E7DFEF (resized).jpegCCE0EEC6-2235-478D-A687-7D5151E7DFEF (resized).jpegD3B7C0A2-5A66-49FC-9D7C-512F8BE18E18 (resized).jpegD3B7C0A2-5A66-49FC-9D7C-512F8BE18E18 (resized).jpeg
#7380 1 year ago

This was both left flippers... unless they're not operating because EOS isn't properly opened / closed but I didn't think these ones had an EOS

#7381 1 year ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

Joined the club today, amazing machine and pleased to report not a single issue out of the box. These LV's are beautiful!

Oh dang, didn't know you were getting an LV, funny timing to get it right as I ship you your hammer.

#7382 1 year ago

Anybody know what the actual electronics receiver part is for the little Opto board in use on these games? I've got a few issues with my game out of the box, can't really play it currently because the right ramp /reverse ramp opto is non working.

I took it apart to have a look and found this.... No receiver opto on the board!!! and doesn't look like it was ever soldered on there

I should say pb support is very good and they are super quick to reply and help and get parts ready to ship out to you, but that doesn't help me play my new game this weekend!!

IMG_2822 (resized).jpgIMG_2822 (resized).jpg

#7383 1 year ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

LV has arrived and it’s very nice. Love the artwork. Sound package is awesome although I’ve been asked to turn it down by the Mrs lol.
Only issue so far is tight into hyper chamber the ball can catch in the uturn. And when ball is in it won’t spit it out. Hyper chamber works fine in coil tests. Any help appreciated and save me reading back to find if it’s been a common problem. Cheers guys this game will be epic.

I had this problem where the uturn on the ramp is too narrow and the ball can’t go through. I had to pull the ramp apart and push the ramp apart at the bend.

#7384 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

I put mine through the hole in front of that slit (closest to the spring from the flipper, there is one to the rear as well).

Sure, it is easy to just slip it on but 100+m game on ball one and that sucker gets severed...

#7385 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Anybody know what the actual electronics receiver part is for the little Opto board in use on these games? I've got a few issues with my game out of the box, can't really play it currently because the right ramp /reverse ramp opto is non working.
I took it apart to have a look and found this.... No receiver opto on the board!!! and doesn't look like it was ever soldered on there
I should say pb support is very good and they are super quick to reply and help and get parts ready to ship out to you, but that doesn't help me play my new game this weekend!!
[quoted image]

Ahh..brother I feel your pain...that's a bit of a whoops...hah...so far PB Support has been solid, but the little things like this are frustrating especially when you want to play. I am curious about the opto's too...its very cool when the left drain gets a save - but I wonder how that works. (it's magic!) lol

#7386 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Ahh..brother I feel your pain...that's a bit of a whoops...hah...so far PB Support has been solid, but the little things like this are frustrating especially when you want to play. I am curious about the opto's too...its very cool when the left drain gets a save - but I wonder how that works. (it's magic!) lol

They’re eddy sensors that detect the metal ball. Actually the game has 9 (IIRC) of them - 2 in the left outlane, left inlane, right inlane, right outlane, right and left orbits, top 2 rollover lanes.

Lots of games has used them over the years like TZ, STTNG, MB ….

#7387 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Lv has arrived. This thing really looks great. Not sure how it plays yet as I’ve had two coils not working. Trough kick out and scoop kick out. Ended up being the pins in the connectors being pulled out from the wiring harness being so tight. Had to try freeing some up as there is no play at all in it.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The wiring is pretty dang tight underneath isn't it? Makes me a bit nervous that pulling the playfield out a few times might break/disconnect something.

Also - I see you have Kurt's awesome translite! Be sure to post pics for us when you install it. I have it too, but can't decide which one to put in the machine and which one to mount as a display! The factory one and Kurt's are both so cool...

#7388 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

The wiring is pretty dang tight underneath isn't it? Makes me a bit nervous that pulling the playfield out a few times might break/disconnect something.

Yes when I first went to lift the PF into it's fully vertical position I noticed that the cable from the backbox to PF was too tight and was going to bend the PF backboard or damage the cable. On investigation the cables were zip tied into a bundle which runs through a white plastic ring at the base of the backbox to keep the cables away from the Xeno but the zip-tie was fouling on the plastic ring - I managed to slide the zip tie further up the cable bundle such that the cable could freely move through the ring and provide enough slack.

I've also noticed a few connectors under strain from the zip ties, so adjusted those as well.

#7389 1 year ago
Quoted from CoPinfan:

I had this problem where the uturn on the ramp is too narrow and the ball can’t go through. I had to pull the ramp apart and push the ramp apart at the bend.

For anyone having the ball jam in the U turn of the hypersleep ramp, mine was quite a quick fix - simply remove the top plastic off the ramp and slightly squeeze/spring the ramp by hand where the red arrows are, this will force the outer section of the U bend out (where the yellow arrow is). It doesn't need much pressure pressure at all to fix it and just be sure when reinstalling the plastic that it doesn't spread the steel edges where the red arrows are (as this will narrow the gap in the U bend). I think that the holes in the plastic (where the red arrows are) should be slightly closer together as there is no margin for error if it flexes the ramp. Hope this helps

Alien Hypersleep ramp (resized).jpgAlien Hypersleep ramp (resized).jpg
#7390 1 year ago

Ok. I sorted the scoop down the middle problem last night. Turned the game on this morning and both the main display and playfield airlock display images were showing on the main screen at the same time. I cycled the game and the main screen was back to normal but no airlock screen at all.
Started to play a game and it seemed to played fine for maybe 45 seconds although with no airlock screen, then all the inserts locked on. I let the ball drain and the game didn’t end the ball.
4F86A75D-C4B3-47E0-9D07-0C30B4F13E3C (resized).jpeg4F86A75D-C4B3-47E0-9D07-0C30B4F13E3C (resized).jpeg

#7391 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Also - I see you have Kurt's awesome translite! Be sure to post pics for us when you install it. I have it too, but can't decide which one to put in the machine and which one to mount as a display! The factory one and Kurt's are both so cool...

The advantage of owning a SV ; all day long Kurt’s translite, it just looks amazing.

Thanks Kurt!

Now waiting for the fantastic apron mod + beacons so that I can install the tracker mod

Man I love this game
E8478B08-2375-4EE9-ADBA-FABD91A95E5F (resized).jpegE8478B08-2375-4EE9-ADBA-FABD91A95E5F (resized).jpeg

#7392 1 year ago

Has this pin scared anyone's kids yet? Mine are 1 and 3. My 3 year-old is taking to pinball and the video assets on this pin could be a problem. I suppose I could bar him from playing it until he's 10. I dunno. I don't own one yet, but I'd like to.

#7393 1 year ago

Wanted to get some feedback from anyone who owns both an Aliien and GnR.

How do they compare in respect to gameplay.

I find my GnR a bit empty feeling to shoot, and I find the code monotonous.

Curious to hear from others.

#7394 1 year ago

Arrghh! I really hope this isn’t a sign of things to come. The game feels like it has real potential but it feels like one thing after another at the moment. I understand some minor adjustments may be needed when you get it but this feels like it’s a bit more than that. I’ve already had to adjust 3 stand ups that were stuck closed, the scoop sdtm issue, the connectors with pins pulled out for the coils and a bent trough eject bracket that stopped the balls from rolling down the trough.
Now I’ve noticed the main monitor has an area to the right and top that is always out or mis coloured. After going through my photos it happened to be there from the first start up. I just hadn’t noticed it until now.
Also it’s started losing all of the background sound and it’s only playing the sound effects when a shot is hit. This background sound comes back for the next ball but will remain out for the entire ball in play.
This added to the air Lock Screen out and the game locking up mid ball and I’m getting a little concerned.

Edit: Now I’m really pissed. I don’t think I’ve even played 10 games and now it doesn’t even boot up. I turn it on and get the pinball brothers on the screen and the side rails light up but that’s it. Nothing else. I’m sorry for the people that love the game but I’ve got a piece of shit.

570D1248-1D36-4E79-8743-6125909E9FA3 (resized).jpeg570D1248-1D36-4E79-8743-6125909E9FA3 (resized).jpegD68F6639-8381-4274-BF02-F5A21F8D1A56 (resized).jpegD68F6639-8381-4274-BF02-F5A21F8D1A56 (resized).jpeg

#7395 1 year ago

What settings numbers does everyone keep there flipper, Slings and pops at?

#7396 1 year ago

Sorry for my outburst before. Just the frustration spilling over. I’m sure it will get fixed. I’ve opened a ticket and have been told to do a machine rebuild.

#7397 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Has this pin scared anyone's kids yet? Mine are 1 and 3. My 3 year-old is taking to pinball and the video assets on this pin could be a problem. I suppose I could bar him from playing it until he's 10. I dunno. I don't own one yet, but I'd like to.

Yes... if you get too far in Bug Hunt mode, you get the awesome chest-burster scene, which could definitely traumatize some young kids. I saw the first film when I was in 4th grade and had to stop watching at the "Here Kitty Kitty" scene... but by then, I was already traumatized. hahahaha

Fortunately, my kids are both over age 10 now, so they can handle it. I probably wouldn't recommend it for kids under 10... unless they never see the advanced modes.

#7398 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

What settings numbers does everyone keep there flipper, Slings and pops at?

Since upgrading to 2.6 I just pushed my flippers and pops +5% , slings unchagnged.

#7399 1 year ago

what do you have your pitch set to?

#7400 1 year ago

Any tips making flippers feel stronger , other then settings coils adjustments. Set mine at +40% but not sure if the settings do anything?? Seems the same as +10%

Also should lv owners still change the flipper switches to stern ones? Does this help with strength? Especially orbit shots /tip of flipper shots feel weakest.

It’s also like nothing seems easy to shoot. Can’t put my finger on it, the hyper sleep lock shot is super hard!! Only ever made 1 lock in a game so far. Cool mech though

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders
Pinball Machine
There are 18,553 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 372.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/148 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.