100_0962 (resized).JPG
100_0952 (resized).JPG
b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,834 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 377.
#7302 1 year ago

Hey folks...another (I believe minor) problem...

Xeno seems to be struggling. I noticed it seems to test on boot up 'ok' but maybe it just got lucky. During play, it is failing to 'drive', or come out of its shell... there's a few suggestions out there, but anyone have direct experience with this? I read something about loosening some screws around the Xeno mech - I will probably try that, but if anyone has any additional guidance / thoughts, definitely appreciated.

and

#7303 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Hey folks...another (I believe minor) problem...
Xeno seems to be struggling. I noticed it seems to test on boot up 'ok' but maybe it just got lucky. During play, it is failing to 'drive', or come out of its shell... there's a few suggestions out there, but anyone have direct experience with this? I read something about loosening some screws around the Xeno mech - I will probably try that, but if anyone has any additional guidance / thoughts, definitely appreciated.

and

I'd suggest that you log a support call with PB

#7304 1 year ago

Assuming your motor is working correctly...

The switch is finicky. If you pull the top of the head off you can see how it works. Most likely you need to bend the switch wire down slightly. It will take some experimenting

Go into menu mode..then back out. It will attempt to reset the tongue. It should do a quick short move to activate the switch. The bend of the wire should be up enough to press the switch. If it does not...it wont extend further. Repeat the process until you get it adjusted to consistently extend.

#7305 1 year ago

Would anyone care to snap a picture of their xeno tongue magnet dead on from the front of it? Please and thank you.

#7306 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Just a quick post, my LV is setup and running perfectly - no electronic issues powered on first time and been running flawlessly (installed with 2.5 so undecided whether I should upgrade to 2.6) and only had one mechanical issue out of the box with the ball jamming in the U bend of the hypersleep ramp. I recalled seeing this mentioned previously, seems when the plastic on the top of the ramp (to stop airballs) is installed it can pull the bottom of the U in just enough to stop the ball - I simply removed the plastic, had to just very lightly squeeze the outer sides of the U bend by hand which widened the gap at the bottom of the U, I was able to put the plastic back on and screwed it down without any alteration - a 2 minute job to fix.
So very happy with the game, it was securely packed, has a solid well made cabinet, beautiful artwork and lighting, outstanding A/V package and integration, ... and it kicks my arse! Now to focus on the gameplay

Awesome to hear! One minor problem only, simple fix - I hope the rest of us have similar luck with our unboxings. Should be all happening this week in NSW!

#7307 1 year ago

Has PB released monthly production goals? For example, shipping 10 SV and 10 LV per month? I'm #174 on the LV list and trying to get a best guess ETA. I'm assuming Q1 2023.

#7308 1 year ago

Just had this replaced by PB due to IO error with their as usual great service . Machine working fine again now.
Just disappointing it only lasted 4 months.

IMG_8703 (resized).JPGIMG_8703 (resized).JPG

#7309 1 year ago

Checking in with my mod peeps. Anyone done something fun and different?? Post some Picture's.

I have the lit the front buttons and flippers. Waiting on Apron to install motion tracker. That's all I have.

The left side needs something knarly....

#7310 1 year ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Checking in with my mod peeps. Anyone done something fun and different?? Post some Picture's.
I have the lit the front buttons and flippers. Waiting on Apron to install motion tracker. That's all I have.
The left side needs something knarly....

How about this? These guys were at TPF in March. And no this isn't TPF, this is his game room in his house. Pretty Epic.

278612665_3229927507226593_991335299466025523_n (resized).jpg278612665_3229927507226593_991335299466025523_n (resized).jpg278790097_3229927250559952_4266960000075846880_n (resized).jpg278790097_3229927250559952_4266960000075846880_n (resized).jpg278820121_3229927227226621_1559328959166463671_n (resized).jpg278820121_3229927227226621_1559328959166463671_n (resized).jpg

#7312 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

How about this? These guys were at TPF in March.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

yeah hung out with them for quite a bit...way to much....lol.....Topper has possibilities. They were not in selling mode.

I liked the inside stuff.

#7313 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

How about this? These guys were at TPF in March. And no this isn't TPF, this is his game room in his house. Pretty Epic.

#7314 1 year ago

I understand what they were going for...but..I don't really care for the asthetics of the mold.

#7315 1 year ago

That is full on!

Ok I went ahead and got green sv style and blue lv style translite sets made. Think there are 3 green and 1 blue left then I think I will call it quits. Send me a pm if you want these they are 355aud plus shipping.

I always feel strongly about the look and art on pins. Doing an Afm build now and changed the cab art as I didn't like how the front corners didn't align.

Probably going to get flamed here but I'm not digging the blue lv trim at all or the cab art on either game. I would be repowdercoating in a green or black trim style and doing custom cab art.

I'm really happy how my sv came out, but due to some changes here have passed it on to a new owner so leaving the club...hopefully be back soon as it is a cracking game. My full list of mods I did below.
Cheers Kurt

Cab art
Cab trim...black ripple powdercoat
12v independent power supply
2d Translite with led strip
Apron cover
Egg door insert
Black Mirrorblades
Sentry guns
Boney beast painted bats
Added ventilation ports for BB pc
Low dB fans on flipper mechs
Replaced start, launch buttons
Lit flipper buttons
Replaced flipper switches, flipper bushings and pop spoons

20220201_140503 (resized).jpg20220201_140503 (resized).jpg20220210_181418 (resized).jpg20220210_181418 (resized).jpg20220212_113144 (resized).jpg20220212_113144 (resized).jpgreceived_1377976409300771 (resized).jpegreceived_1377976409300771 (resized).jpegreceived_260732789448455 (resized).jpegreceived_260732789448455 (resized).jpegreceived_5010954272357386 (resized).jpegreceived_5010954272357386 (resized).jpegreceived_678045980028665 (resized).jpegreceived_678045980028665 (resized).jpegreceived_692021131801245 (resized).jpegreceived_692021131801245 (resized).jpeg

#7316 1 year ago

Can someone recommend where to get mylar and where to apply, as well as shaker?

#7317 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Assuming your motor is working correctly...
The switch is finicky. If you pull the top of the head off you can see how it works. Most likely you need to bend the switch wire down slightly. It will take some experimenting
Go into menu mode..then back out. It will attempt to reset the tongue. It should do a quick short move to activate the switch. The bend of the wire should be up enough to press the switch. If it does not...it wont extend further. Repeat the process until you get it adjusted to consistently extend.

I have a ticket open with PB support, but thought I'd note here for anyone interested. Seems the Xeno head is getting stuck during test roughly 50% of the time...seems it starts to 'pull back' and gets stuck. I attempted adjusting the switch a bit, but i don't think its getting 'stuck' due to the switch.

#7318 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

I have a ticket open with PB support, but thought I'd note here for anyone interested. Seems the Xeno head is getting stuck during test roughly 50% of the time...seems it starts to 'pull back' and gets stuck. I attempted adjusting the switch a bit, but i don't think its getting 'stuck' due to the switch.

You are correct, sounds like your gear/tongue is slipping. You might need a replacement part. Notice any broken teeth, or is the tongue move up and down too much? It might need tightened?

Also, what is on the end of your tongue on the magnet? Is it painted or taped or something?

#7319 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Did you try to loosen the black nylonblock? That holds the tongue down to the gear. Seems your tongue is not pressed hard enough down to the gear, so it can slip. Try to apple some force to the loosened block and then fasten it. You need to experiment a bit. Maybe after fastening it the motor needs a bit more power, but usually not.

The switch is not your problem.

#7320 1 year ago

The wait is over

380F5AB8-9D8A-44C0-9457-BCCFB65BD4BB (resized).jpeg380F5AB8-9D8A-44C0-9457-BCCFB65BD4BB (resized).jpeg
F356083B-0313-47A0-8AD7-224EB9802E54 (resized).jpegF356083B-0313-47A0-8AD7-224EB9802E54 (resized).jpeg

#7321 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Also, what is on the end of your tongue on the magnet? Is it painted or taped or something?

A friend locally got a later SV than ours and it has that rubber around the magnet as well. Mine and probably your magnet has a bit of chipping on it so I put a couple wraps of electrical tape on mine, tried heat shrink but it wouldn’t stay.

#7322 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

A friend locally got a later SV than ours and it has that rubber around the magnet as well. Mine and probably your magnet has a bit of chipping on it so I put a couple wraps of electrical tape on mine, tried heat shrink but it wouldn’t stay.

That's why I ask..mine is getting chipped. If they are doing something new, I'd like a replacement.

One option might be the rubberized paint.

#7323 1 year ago

The LV unboxing video:

#7324 1 year ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

The LV unboxing video:

My wife and I are visiting Copenhagen soon. Is that your personal collection or is it an arcade?

#7325 1 year ago

Here's an update on Alien shipments to the United States if anyone is interested:

Pinball Brothers Shipment of Alien Pinball Machines to U.S. Delayed

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/pinball-brothers-shipment-of-alien-pinball-machines-to-u-s-delayed

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7326 1 year ago
Quoted from KJS:

Sentry guns
[quoted image]

Love the sentry guns and the little GRiD! Are they scratch built, or taken from a model/toy?

#7327 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamoraldus:

Did you try to loosen the black nylonblock? That holds the tongue down to the gear. Seems your tongue is not pressed hard enough down to the gear, so it can slip. Try to apple some force to the loosened block and then fasten it. You need to experiment a bit. Maybe after fastening it the motor needs a bit more power, but usually not.
The switch is not your problem.

Ok I tried this, I'm not seeing how this is giving me much improvement. Its those two screws on the right, correct? There's not much wiggle room to force it ...but I do tend to agree, I don't think think it's the switch. Is there any other way to secure the tongue more firmly?

Ok - update, I pushed firmly in one direction - (metal bracket) up wards, and tightened, and yeah, you can tell the tongue can't extend easily. So I tried the opposite direction, and it's too loose (hence the slip), and in the middle, just the same, slip.

Also where is motor power adjustment? Not seeing it in the settings.

More of the same on this video Also - PB Support is suggesting the switch replacement. I don' think that's it

#7328 1 year ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

The LV unboxing video:

Retrocengo - how about doing an install video of the playfield protector so we can see what it takes? Thx

#7329 1 year ago

This game looks so cool.
I think the apron needs something cooler though and animated, I am curious about mods for this game.

Would love to hear from Manny65 I know he has Stern’s JP just like I do, and curious to hear how Alien shoots in comparison.

Maybe TwilightZone can chime in too since he has GZ.

How does it shoot? Help a brother out

#7330 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:This game looks so cool.
I think the apron needs something cooler though and animated, I am curious about mods for this game.
Would love to hear from Manny65 I know he has Stern’s JP just like I do, and curious to hear how Alien shoots in comparison.
Maybe TwilightZone can chime in too since he has GZ.

There's a really cool apron mod coming.

#7331 1 year ago

I am willing to shell out for lots of mods for this game but not a new apron - I am working on some new Apron decals rn, I just want something that actually fills out the apron, and gives the info on using weapons that come with the stock price cards

#7332 1 year ago

So I'm back!

This time with an LV. Gone is the prototype. Just finished fitting back the protectors I got made about 6 months ago.

Feels good to have this game back in the house.

Protector set can be obtained from Colywobbles

#7333 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

My wife and I are visiting Copenhagen soon. Is that your personal collection or is it an arcade?

Welcome to Denmark, I don’t know if it’s legal to advertise here, but very close to Copenhagen and open energy Thursday with over 100 pinball and 50 arcade machines. Hope you’ll visit the arcade

#7334 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Ok I tried this, I'm not seeing how this is giving me much improvement. Its those two screws on the right, correct? There's not much wiggle room to force it ...but I do tend to agree, I don't think think it's the switch. Is there any other way to secure the tongue more firmly?
Ok - update, I pushed firmly in one direction - (metal bracket) up wards, and tightened, and yeah, you can tell the tongue can't extend easily. So I tried the opposite direction, and it's too loose (hence the slip), and in the middle, just the same, slip.
Also where is motor power adjustment? Not seeing it in the settings.
More of the same on this video Also - PB Support is suggesting the switch replacement. I don' think that's it

Maybe my video can help you:

#7335 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Retrocengo - how about doing an install video of the playfield protector so we can see what it takes? Thx

Ohhh great idea, as playfield protector installation on the alien pinball is Not as easy as a lot of other pins

#7336 1 year ago
Quoted from s000m:

So I'm back!
This time with an LV. Gone is the prototype. Just finished fitting back the protectors I got made about 6 months ago.
Feels good to have this game back in the house.

Protector set can be obtained from Colywobbles

Plastic protectors looks awesome.

Prototype

#7337 1 year ago

LV has arrived and it’s very nice. Love the artwork. Sound package is awesome although I’ve been asked to turn it down by the Mrs lol.
Only issue so far is tight into hyper chamber the ball can catch in the uturn. And when ball is in it won’t spit it out. Hyper chamber works fine in coil tests. Any help appreciated and save me reading back to find if it’s been a common problem. Cheers guys this game will be epic.

#7338 1 year ago

She is IN DA HOUZE!

A9CB9661-6476-45C3-BF98-8FD3F5E73E6A (resized).jpegA9CB9661-6476-45C3-BF98-8FD3F5E73E6A (resized).jpeg

#7339 1 year ago

One solid lineup. Nice!

#7340 1 year ago

Mine is up and running. Issue was opto misaligned.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#7341 1 year ago
Quoted from RPZ:

She is IN DA HOUZE!

What a lineup to be at the end of, damn.

#7342 1 year ago
Quoted from RPZ:

She is IN DA HOUZE!

Nope she's in da garage!

#7343 1 year ago

Second call - anyone care to help me out by taking a pic, head on, of the xeno tongue mech.

Thanks in advance!!

#7344 1 year ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

Maybe my video can help you:

Hi Thank you - I tried again, but no luck, I could see a more thorough adjustment on the switch on your video so I tried to adjust the switch/bend again (using a leaf switch adjustment tool and my finger). I've followed up with PB Support. I think there's something going on with the tongue/gear.

Here's my latest / likely final video with this mech:

image0 (5) (resized).jpegimage0 (5) (resized).jpeg

#7345 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Second call - anyone care to help me out by taking a pic, head on, of the xeno tongue mech.
Thanks in advance!!

Is this what u needed?

IMG_1753 (resized).jpgIMG_1753 (resized).jpg
#7346 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

It is Retroarkaden.dk a private collection of machines open to the public every Thursday between 16.00-23.00.

#7347 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Maybe TwilightZone can chime in too since he has TZ.

Ok here's my comparison ...
- JP has more flow and is smoother. That said I got a 5 way combo on Alien (don't ask me what the shots were, as I was more focused on keeping the ball in play lol)
- I guess you could draw a comparison to TZ, as both have scoop/VUK which creates a more stop and go type feel to it. But Alien has cool video clips that keep you engaged.
- I find right inlane to have more ball bounce then I'd like. The left inlane curves to the ball smoothly down to the flippers, however the right inlane has to also cater for the ball coming in from the right (from behind the APC drop targets), similar to IJ (WMS). So balls being launched, or coming from the right ramp, or simply entering the top of the right inlane tend to bounce when hitting lower angled part of the return guide which breaks the flow to the flipper. I need to do some more investigation to see what adjustments are possible to get this to flow a little smoother (I haven't done any dialing in)
- Having 4 flippers creates extra shots and dynamic, making the widebody play faster and the PF is more open than TZ
- As for gameplay (and this is based on my skillset), I feel that getting to "All out war" will be more achievable than Escape Nublar on JP (lets not even mention WDRTE). That said it's not going to be easy and you tend to play the MB modes (eg Sentry Guns & Ambush) multiple times along the way (stacking helps).
- The modes have a great variety of shots that you need to make, add to that the amazing soundtrack and call outs to really hook you in, as well as the light show send you into sensory overload. I particularly like the different call outs when you've completed a mode or getting the GC (you don't hear these as often and so it's always fun to see what call out you're going to get)
- I tend to like my themes and the integration with the movie clips and callouts is stella and can't be topped. I'm really enjoying the detail in the BG and I'm sure there are things that I'm yet to notice; the cabinet artwork and colour scheme works well, and I like how PB have to 2 colour schemes for the SV (Alien) and LV (Aliens)

So overall I'm very, very happy - what a package!!

#7348 1 year ago

Hooray! Love seeing the other Aussies showing off their machines! Well mine arrived today too!

Couple of minor things - game wouldn't start up consistently and left sling is a bit weak. Start-up issue seemed to be a very loose USB connection, sling I will look.at tomorrow.

LOVING the game and the immersion - absolutely fantastic so far!

20220505_133340 (resized).jpg20220505_133340 (resized).jpg20220505_133531 (resized).jpg20220505_133531 (resized).jpg
#7349 1 year ago

So I'm running into a few issues with my Alien if anyone can point out any solutions but basically my mother scoop coil keeps on firing when I start up the game.i lifted up the playfield to try and do some diagnostic and when I put it back down I started to have light board issues with the top of the playofeld staying on and the bottom not lighting up. Went through to see if I could find anything that was disconnected but as of today havnt found anything to note.

20220504_225829 (resized).jpg20220504_225829 (resized).jpg20220504_230429 (resized).jpg20220504_230429 (resized).jpg20220504_230440 (resized).jpg20220504_230440 (resized).jpg
#7350 1 year ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

So I'm running into a few issues with my Alien if anyone can point out any solutions but basically my mother scoop coil keeps on firing when I start up the game.i lifted up the playfield to try and do some diagnostic and when I put it back down I started to have light board issues with the top of the playofeld staying on and the bottom not lighting up. Went through to see if I could find anything that was disconnected but as of today havnt found anything to note.

So the switch in the scoop is stuck closed.

Alien docs (design, mechs, electronics etc) can be found here https://www.pinballbrothers.com/alien/alien-docs/

Looking at the scoop mech doc it's an opto switch - so start by checking if the opto LED is working. I'm unsure if PB use a LED that can be seen by the naked eye or if it is IR like on B/W machines in which case a facetime camera on your mobile will normally show it (facetime camera doesn't has a IR filter). It could of course be that you're not getting power to the LED, for example a wire or connector has become disconnected.

The fact that after you raised the PF you now have lighting issues, indicates to me that maybe you have one of more loose connectors, so I'd start there. Also it's good to raise a support ticket https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/home such that PB has visibility to these issues, as well as help you diagnose and correct the issue

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
There are 18,834 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/147 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.