20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2635 (resized).JPG
IMG_2634 (resized).JPG
IMG_2633 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,758 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 376.
#7201 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Going rate would be what they're currently selling for at Cointaker, seeing as they're still taking deposits.

I think you have to add shipping too.

#7202 1 year ago

If you are, or know, a pinsider and Alien fan that wants an Alien LV now, and do not want to wait, let me know. I would be willing to sell my NIB LV for MSRP plus shipping ($11.1k) to someone in this group. I have another pin up for sale and if that one sells, then I reserve the right to not sell the LV. PS - no I don’t WANT to sell it. Hopefully will sell the other first but we’ll see.

#7203 1 year ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

If you are, or know, a pinsider and Alien fan that wants an Alien LV now, and do not want to wait, let me know. I would be willing to sell my NIB LV for MSRP plus shipping ($11.1k) to someone in this group. I have another pin up for sale and if that one sells, then I reserve the right to not sell the LV. PS - no I don’t WANT to sell it. Hopefully will sell the other first but we’ll see.

Great deal, but how'd you get yours so quickly if you only put your deposit down in September 2021? I'm two months later and spot #288 or something. Would love to move up.

#7204 1 year ago

Anyone have an opinion about the targets on the LV? Was reading the history a bit on this thread, pretty interesting. (Gen 1 vs 2 etc)

One question I have - should I be 'bending' / pushing these back? I recall reading something about them 'moving' and needed to be adjusted. here's a couple of mine. I'd like them to be more sensitive, but they seem to need a dead on hit to register...perhaps that's how it should be.

image0 (3) (resized).jpegimage0 (3) (resized).jpeg
#7205 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Anyone have an opinion about the targets on the LV? Was reading the history a bit on this thread, pretty interesting. (Gen 1 vs 2 etc)
One question I have - should I be 'bending' / pushing these back? I recall reading something about them 'moving' and needed to be adjusted. here's a couple of mine. I'd like them to be more sensitive, but they seem to need a dead on hit to register...perhaps that's how it should be.[quoted image]

From what I've seen, the targets have a small micro switch that is triggered when the spring steel with the white target face bends back enough to depress the switch. So if there is a gap between the spring steel and the switch button, then you would be able to adjust/bend the spring steel to sit closer to the switch.If however the spring steel is close to the switch button, then adjusting it further might not be possible and it might simply be the force required for the switch button to be depressed.

#7206 1 year ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Great deal, but how'd you get yours so quickly if you only put your deposit down in September 2021? I'm two months later and spot #288 or something. Would love to move up.

I really don’t know… I think maybe b/c I put an actual $1k deposit down in 9/2021, but I had been “on the list” for much, much longer with a $1 deposit. Who knows though?

#7207 1 year ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

I really don’t know… I think maybe b/c I put an actual $1k deposit down in 9/2021, but I had been “on the list” for much, much longer with a $1 deposit. Who knows though?

That makes sense. I have $1K down but maybe you were on the interest list much earlier. I bet a local will take you up on this offer in no time.

#7208 1 year ago
Quoted from blacklightprod:

We unboxed our Alien LE and documented it. If you watch the last 5 minutes of the video you'll hear from a top 50 player give you his thoughts on the game, layout and more. Personally I think the game is incredible. Their some some real firmware issues but otherwise the game is incredible. It reminds me of a JJP game. Had JJP done Aliens this is how they would have done it. Clearly a collector game. I give the game 5 stars!

Checked out the video, fun to see the new LV art in a real environment, I still haven't seen it in person.

But what made me do a double take was the Metallica. Someone just emailed me tonight to ask about that roadcase speaker decal, I haven't thought about it in years. And there it is, on the game next to Alien.

#7209 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

From what I've seen, the targets have a small micro switch that is triggered when the spring steel with the white target face bends back enough to depress the switch. So if there is a gap between the spring steel and the switch button, then you would be able to adjust/bend the spring steel to sit closer to the switch.If however the spring steel is close to the switch button, then adjusting it further might not be possible and it might simply be the force required for the switch button to be depressed.

Thanks - I'm wondering if I should be 'bending' the white plastic targets back to improve the targets registering?

One thing I did - probably not directly related, but maybe...I increased the bottom flippers 15%...definitely seeing more 'action' and target hits. Saw this gent mention it and gave it a shot

#7210 1 year ago

For those that are interested...or for what it's worth, I received an e-mail from Coin-taker this morning (unsolicited) telling me that my LV order would be an additional 90 to 120 days before delivery. I placed my order on 4 November 2021. I let them know that I appreciated the head's up.

#7211 1 year ago

Man that sucks. I wonder if parts are becoming an issue.

#7212 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Man that sucks. I wonder if parts are becoming an issue.

Perhaps, regardless...I believe this title is worth the wait.

#7213 1 year ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

For those that are interested...or for what it's worth, I received an e-mail from Coin-taker this morning (unsolicited) telling me that my LV order would be an additional 90 to 120 days before delivery. I placed my order on 4 November 2021. I let them know that I appreciated the head's up.

I do know that shipping has become a major issue , for example the Funhouse 2.0 also is made by Pedretti and they ended up air freighting them due to long waits for maritime shipping.

#7214 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I do know that shipping has become a major issue , for example the Funhouse 2.0 also is made by Pedretti and they ended up air freighting them due to long waits for maritime shipping.

Dang, that can get expensive...

#7215 1 year ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Dang, that can get expensive...

Perhaps

#7216 1 year ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

I ordered mine in January 2021 LV #10 Paid in Full January 2022 and still don't have my game. I was told they were shipping in order of game #. First it was airfreighted then it wasn't, then it was on the second air freight shipment , then it wasn't. Then was told it was on the last boat and it wasn't ,now being told leaving on the next boat May 4th.
The waiting is bad enough but being told several times that its on it way to find out its not is very frustrating.
Not really sure what to think at this point. No choice but to wait it out. I see game numbers before mine and after mine that have been shipped

#7217 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Thanks - I'm wondering if I should be 'bending' the white plastic targets back to improve the targets registering?
One thing I did - probably not directly related, but maybe...I increased the bottom flippers 15%...definitely seeing more 'action' and target hits. Saw this gent mention it and gave it a shot

If the target is sitting off from the switch (ie there is a gap between the target & switch), then you can try bending the target back to see if it improves the shot registering

#7218 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

If the target is sitting off from the switch (ie there is a gap between the target & switch), then you can try bending the target back to see if it improves the shot registering

gotta lock tite them targets. there is a small gap between the boards and the screws.. just enough to allow a shift... Once you locktite it down and let it cure, you should be good to go.

#7219 1 year ago

I made these changes and the ball no longer hops when hitting the Xeno target. I'm providing this because it worked for me. I'm not guaranteeing that it will work for you.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nAbEz6VHpTw8Kl0FMe9Gfh8GaA52Q2-uChS36ffJNn4/edit?usp=sharing

#7220 1 year ago

Ok - new issue - drop target "C" is falling prematurely...I've seen this scenario before on a stern pin, and fixed it using a custom cut piece of pinball plastic.

Any suggestions? I haven't looked yet, but hoping I don't find a borked screw

IMG_1671 (resized).jpgIMG_1671 (resized).jpg
#7221 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Ok - new issue - drop target "C" is falling prematurely...I've seen this scenario before on a stern pin, and fixed it using a custom cut piece of pinball plastic.
Any suggestions? I haven't looked yet, but hoping I don't find a borked screw[quoted image]

precisionk posted about this the other day https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/144#post-6899013

Might be worth checking that the lifter is level and locking all targets properly in place (otherwise the vibration from the flipper mech is causing them to prematurely drop)

#7222 1 year ago
Quoted from precisionk:

I am not seeing the chipping. Maybe just dust from the pic?

These were the spots I noticed (which also show in the reflection on the ball guide) but not sure what they are. Just double check that your post is flush with the PF surface so that the ball can't catch the edge of the hole.

Alien uppost (resized).jpgAlien uppost (resized).jpg
#7223 1 year ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

So LV with shipping costs 11,115 ?

#7224 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

These were the spots I noticed (which also show in the reflection on the ball guide) but not sure what they are. Just double check that your post is flush with the PF surface so that the ball can't catch the edge of the hole.
[quoted image]

This is the orbit stoppers to divert the ball to the eggs. They pop up in various scenarios.

#7225 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

precisionk posted about this the other day https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/144#post-6899013
Might be worth checking that the lifter is level and locking all targets properly in place (otherwise the vibration from the flipper mech is causing them to prematurely drop)

Thanks! yeah, I was afraid to check for the broken screw - but I may have to, lol. So I'm not quite sure what's going on, but the coil that drives the drop targets is very loose and rotates - is this ok?

Then, I think there is some kind of inconsistent spring grab happening - the "C" seems to have a different method of catching, or its catching the whole set of targets.

Any thoughts on what I need to tweak here?

and

Thanks

#7226 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

This is the orbit stoppers to divert the ball to the eggs. They pop up in various scenarios.

Which scenarios do they pop up ?
I have no clue and sometimes I won’t shoot the orbit unless it’s a egg shot
Haven’t seen it divert a ball in awhile

I don’t play everyday so it’s possible I just haven’t got to that point

#7227 1 year ago

Derelict ship ,queens nest,etc found it
Have some time to play on it tonight

#7228 1 year ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

No surprise...they told me 6-7 months when I put my deposit down at the Pinbrew show and I figured that really meant 1 - 1.5 years out realistically....figured its been 5 plus years since my last deposit for Alien, what's another year or more....

#7229 1 year ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Which scenarios do they pop up ?
I have no clue and sometimes I won’t shoot the orbit unless it’s a egg shot
Haven’t seen it divert a ball in awhile
I don’t play everyday so it’s possible I just haven’t got to that point

Maybe your right diverter post is stuck up as mine has been a couple of times due to it becoming misaligned in it's hole.
I had to fiddle around bending the coil bracket and the tightness of the coil bracket screws along with a bit of silicon lubricant.
I even ended up sanding the OD of that plastic post to help. So far so good but I still won't be surprised if it gets stuck again.

#7230 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Thanks! yeah, I was afraid to check for the broken screw - but I may have to, lol. So I'm not quite sure what's going on, but the coil that drives the drop targets is very loose and rotates - is this ok?
Then, I think there is some kind of inconsistent spring grab happening - the "C" seems to have a different method of catching, or its catching the whole set of targets.

and

Thanks

The drop target seems very similar to the B/W WPC drop target design. Don't worry that you can rotate the coil back & forth that's normal. When the PF is down the plunger and lifter mech should move freely, typically after the coil activates raising the drop targets the metal lifter will fall back down - in your video with the PF right up, the lifter doesn't fall back down as it relies on gravity. As to the drop targets, they have a small lip on the front that when the target is raised catches on the "stop target" (the plastic bar) holding it in the up position - there is a small spring (in behind the PCB) to assist keeping the target on stop target bar but a ball hitting the target will push the target off the stop target and the long spring attached to the bottom of the mech will pull the target down.

If the "C" target is not catching the "stop target", then it could be that the lifter is not lifting the drop target high enough to lock into place - precisionk indicated an issue with the metal lifter not being level, so the lower side might not lift that target high enough. It could also be that the lip on the target or the edge of the stop target is damaged/misformed, such that the target cannot be held up. Another option could be that you are missing the small spring on the "C" target that holds the target forward to help it catch on the stop target. You'll need to investigate further to identify the cause

While the PB article doesn't relate to your issue, it does show the details of the mech and how to disassemble/assemble which should be useful
https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80000966101--001-drop-target-bank-coil-short-circuit-

#7231 1 year ago
Quoted from DoorCounty:

So LV with shipping costs 11,115 ?

MSRP $10,695. Shipping $418. Total $11,113. Good news though, looks like I sold my other machine (pending pick up) and will be able to keep Alien LV. Unbox this wknd. I’ll share my experiences here too.

#7232 1 year ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

Maybe your right diverter post is stuck up as mine has been a couple of times due to it becoming misaligned in it's hole.
I had to fiddle around bending the coil bracket and the tightness of the coil bracket screws along with a bit of silicon lubricant.
I even ended up sanding the OD of that plastic post to help. So far so good but I still won't be surprised if it gets stuck again.

Played for a couple hours I realized that within those modes blue shots drop to the pops
I had usually shot the left orbit as it’s the easier shot currently for me and it a green shot
Everything seems to be fine
Had a blast love this game

#7233 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

[quoted image]

Good looking out! It is flush but appreciate the keen eye, from that angle it does look goofy.

#7234 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

and

Thanks

Just fixed this! Checked those bottom screws, make sure they are completely level. That one screw looks COMPLETELY angled. If angled, its possible the coil plunger is angeled and not firing off 100% straight, which would cause the issues you are having.

#7235 1 year ago
Quoted from precisionk:

Just fixed this! Checked those bottom screws, make sure they are completely level. That one screw looks COMPLETELY angled. If angled, its possible the coil plunger is angeled and not firing off 100% straight, which would cause the issues you are having.

Thanks precisionk - to confirm are you referring to the Red, Blue or something else?

screws (resized).pngscrews (resized).png
#7236 1 year ago

This insert is strange in that there are lines and people have reported cracking. Something seems amiss.
7A9F7409-9C27-41AD-8742-6B6F3CED9986 (resized).jpeg7A9F7409-9C27-41AD-8742-6B6F3CED9986 (resized).jpeg

I have about 7-8 plays on the game. I do not think it’s a crack, I think it’s a weak spot that will crack. There likely needs to be a fix. Maybe a playfield overlay as my guess is the ball hits it off the target and may cause it to crack over time.

#7237 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

This insert is strange in that there are lines and people have reported cracking. Something seems amiss.
[quoted image]
I have about 7-8 plays on the game. I do not think it’s a crack, I think it’s a weak spot that will crack. There likely needs to be a fix. Maybe a playfield overlay as my guess is the ball hits it off the target and may cause it to crack over time.

Submit a ticket with Pinball Brothers Freshdesk please. It could be a larger issue starting to form now. Thank you.

#7238 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

[quoted image]

Maybe put mylar over it to reinforce it???

#7239 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Thanks precisionk - to confirm are you referring to the Red, Blue or something else?[quoted image]

The red one - there's 2 of them

Alien drop target (resized).jpgAlien drop target (resized).jpg
#7240 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Submit a ticket with Pinball Brothers Freshdesk please. It could be a larger issue starting to form now. Thank you.

This ^

#7241 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Maybe put mylar over it to reinforce it???

Waiting on Cato for what the factory suggested fix is currently.

#7242 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

[quoted image]

All good on mine..

7711DF83-1A6B-4708-9598-6C77A18527EE (resized).jpeg7711DF83-1A6B-4708-9598-6C77A18527EE (resized).jpeg
#7243 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

All good on mine..
[quoted image]

This is what mine looks like as well

#7244 1 year ago

"Space Alien" color trims on my SV .

Pictures do it no justice. Every angle and lighting changes it.

3797393A-5823-4F35-859F-6A294120E16F (resized).jpeg3797393A-5823-4F35-859F-6A294120E16F (resized).jpegEE3817FA-CE2F-4D20-A469-4491FEF08A60 (resized).jpegEE3817FA-CE2F-4D20-A469-4491FEF08A60 (resized).jpeg903BE045-2203-4753-ACED-58BCC5D448F5 (resized).jpeg903BE045-2203-4753-ACED-58BCC5D448F5 (resized).jpegB92D6F51-86D1-4287-9697-0EB847C146EC (resized).jpegB92D6F51-86D1-4287-9697-0EB847C146EC (resized).jpeg
#7245 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

How do I do this? What’s the url? I ended up putting a soft cling pad on it. Though it doesn’t seem cracked from above. Running my finger over it is what showed it’s not level. Almost like they stopped clear coating at a spot.

#7246 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

"Space Alien" color trims on my SV .
Pictures do it no justice. Every angle and lighting changes it.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm digging that. Hadn't considered chameleon as an option. That might be the route I go. Was there a specific base color that was done, or is it just the standard?

#7247 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

How do I do this? What’s the url? I ended up putting a soft cling pad on it. Though it doesn’t seem cracked from above. Running my finger over it is what showed it’s not level. Almost like they stopped clear coating at a spot.

https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions submit ticket after Login.

#7248 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

All good on mine..
[quoted image]

Looks like a crack in the orange line?
Or is that just a picture illusion…

#7249 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Looks like a crack in the orange line?
Or is that just a picture illusion…

You talking about on the bottom right? that's just the border of the plastic vs. the pf and the art going over it.

#7250 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:You talking about on the bottom right? that's just the border of the plastic vs. the pf and the art going over it.

Yeah.
Makes sense.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 18,758 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 376.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/145 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.