20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2635 (resized).JPG
IMG_2634 (resized).JPG
IMG_2633 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,769 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 376.
#7151 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Please make sure to report this, if it is a common issue the PF should be replaced? what are you thoughts on this? cover it with mylar?

I would be very surprised if they replace PF's...the precedent for that has pretty much been set by everyone else. I mean..it would be awesome if they did, but if they do I imagine it would only be in extreme cases.

#7152 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I would be very surprised if they replace PF's...the precedent for that has pretty much been set by everyone else. I mean..it would be awesome if they did, but if they do I imagine it would only be in extreme cases.

It just seems like if it is happening on the same spot for everyone it should then be considered as a flaw?
Rmmmh.
I would report it if it was my game

#7153 1 year ago

whoo.. i am joining the cracked clear club. LOL.. OMG.... was hard to see but yeah it is there.. same location.. starts from the post near the APC drop and spiders out over the facehugger insert.

What do i do to stop its progress?

20220422_174952 (resized).jpg20220422_174952 (resized).jpg20220422_174959 (resized).jpg20220422_174959 (resized).jpg
#7154 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

whoo.. i am joining the cracked clear club. LOL.. OMG.... was hard to see but yeah it is there.. same location.. starts from the post near the APC drop and spiders out over the facehugger insert.
What do i do to stop its progress?[quoted image][quoted image]

Clear thoughtfully placed thin epoxy? How I usually fix chipping. Looks like the cause is force against that post? Is the post loose? Plastic washer under post?

#7155 1 year ago

We unboxed our Alien LE and documented it. If you watch the last 5 minutes of the video you'll hear from a top 50 player give you his thoughts on the game, layout and more. Personally I think the game is incredible. Their some some real firmware issues but otherwise the game is incredible. It reminds me of a JJP game. Had JJP done Aliens this is how they would have done it. Clearly a collector game. I give the game 5 stars!

#7156 1 year ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Clear thoughtfully placed thin epoxy? How I usually fix chipping. Looks like the cause is force against that post? Is the post loose? Plastic washer under post?

#7157 1 year ago

I have my replacement backbox and translite coming on the next ship. A few days ago Cato said it would be leaving in about two weeks or so, for those wondering when the next ship is heading out.

#7158 1 year ago

i will check this in the am.. see whats what.. I do know this.. the posts are very exact in size. no extra threads to speak of. .If i added a washer, i probably could not have enought thread to catch. if loose i will tighten with care.
sheesh..

#7159 1 year ago
Quoted from blacklightprod:

We unboxed our Alien LE and documented it. If you watch the last 5 minutes of the video you'll hear from a top 50 player give you his thoughts on the game, layout and more. Personally I think the game is incredible. Their some some real firmware issues but otherwise the game is incredible. It reminds me of a JJP game. Had JJP done Aliens this is how they would have done it. Clearly a collector game. I give the game 5 stars!

Cool video. Thanks for sharing!

#7160 1 year ago

So what is the purpose of this? Two plastic washers with with rings behind the egg. Block against airballs?

20220422_224629 (resized).jpg20220422_224629 (resized).jpg
#7161 1 year ago
Quoted from blacklightprod:

Holy crap you run The Darkness? I just found out about that place from a video from Carpetbagger and really want to go there. Looks like an awesome place.

#7162 1 year ago
Quoted from precisionk:

So what is the purpose of this? Two plastic washers with with rings behind the egg. Block against airballs?[quoted image]

Likely to help prevent against a ball trap in that area, would be my guess! And perhaps extra protection from air balls slapping against the side of the Xeno from the pops

#7163 1 year ago
Quoted from precisionk:

So what is the purpose of this? Two plastic washers with with rings behind the egg. Block against airballs?[quoted image]

I'd guess it's to stop any airballs rolling down the plastic and getting caught up .between the Xeno and the egg. That said those posts with separate rubbers and the screw head on the plastic look like they could now hang up a ball - haven't heard of anyone experiencing any ball hangs in this area so most likely it's not an issue.

In looking at your pic, it looks like you have some minor chipping on the edge of the up-post hole as the up-post isn't flush with PF and needs adjusting - you might want to fix that

#7164 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Holy crap you run The Darkness? I just found out about that place from a video from Carpetbagger and really want to go there. Looks like an awesome place.

Yes Carpetbagger is a friend of mine! He’s a really funny guy. But yes we have The Darkness and the escape rooms, plus two other haunts. We had fun making the videos. Never did an unboxing video. I got my buddy Dominic to come over and give some thoughts. He’s a real expert and playing pinball.

Personally I think Alien is awesome.

#7165 1 year ago

Joined the club

#7166 1 year ago

I am having an issue with my Xenomorph. When I turn the game on there is a loud winding noise and the jaw does not go up or down. I took the head off and it looks like there is a little motor in there. Anyone have an issue with there’s? Possibly the step motor went bad ?

#7167 1 year ago
Quoted from murfe88:

I am having an issue with my Xenomorph. When I turn the game on there is a loud winding noise and the jaw does not go up or down. I took the head off and it looks like there is a little motor in there. Anyone have an issue with there’s? Possibly the step motor went bad ?

. I would open a ticket with pinball brothers

#7168 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I'd guess it's to stop any airballs rolling down the plastic and getting caught up .between the Xeno and the egg. That said those posts with separate rubbers and the screw head on the plastic look like they could now hang up a ball - haven't heard of anyone experiencing any ball hangs in this area so most likely it's not an issue.
In looking at your pic, it looks like you have some minor chipping on the edge of the up-post hole as the up-post isn't flush with PF and needs adjusting - you might want to fix that

I am not seeing the chipping. Maybe just dust from the pic?

#7169 1 year ago

Alien Day

Alien Day is an annual promotional event dedicated to the Alien franchise, held on April 26. It is officially organized and promoted by 20th Century Fox. The date is a reference to the moon on which Aliens is set — April 26, 4/26, LV-426.

The event typically involves a multitude of special releases, including novels, comic books, video games, clothing and collectables. As well as physical releases, the day is marked by exclusive announcements, trivia competitions and the return of the classic films in the Alien franchise to theaters around the world. Fox ran the first Alien Day in 2016, additionally marking the 30th anniversary of the release of Aliens, and the event has returned every year since.

#7170 1 year ago
Quoted from BlueRiverLore:

Alien Day
Alien Day is an annual promotional event dedicated to the Alien franchise, held on April 26. It is officially organized and promoted by 20th Century Fox. The date is a reference to the moon on which Aliens is set — April 26, 4/26, LV-426.
The event typically involves a multitude of special releases, including novels, comic books, video games, clothing and collectables. As well as physical releases, the day is marked by exclusive announcements, trivia competitions and the return of the classic films in the Alien franchise to theaters around the world. Fox ran the first Alien Day in 2016, additionally marking the 30th anniversary of the release of Aliens, and the event has returned every year since.

Maybe this day will include an all new wizard mode and video

#7171 1 year ago
Quoted from DVDA:

. I would open a ticket with pinball brothers

Sounds like the hole in the servo arm that holds the rod that works the jaw gave way.

#7172 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Maybe this day will include an all new wizard mode and video

i wouldbe hopeful for a 4K UHD HDR Aliens release Date!!

#7173 1 year ago

I will ask those to check screws at times on their games. One of my drop targets was hitting the new rubber I put in, when I went to go adjust, I noticed a screw was loose. As I go to tighten, the screw head pops off. You will note in the picture the screw head had glue. I believe it was sheared off and the factory just glued the head back on without fixing the issue.

20220424_142556 (resized).jpg20220424_142556 (resized).jpg20220424_142608 (resized).jpg20220424_142608 (resized).jpg

#7174 1 year ago

Anybody know what the current lead time is between ordering from cointakers and getting in hand for a standard edition?

#7175 1 year ago
Quoted from precisionk:

I will ask those to check screws at times on their games. One of my drop targets was hitting the new rubber I put in, when I went to go adjust, I noticed a screw was loose. As I go to tighten, the screw head pops off. You will note in the picture the screw head had glue. I believe it was sheared off and the factory just glued the head back on without fixing the issue.
[quoted image][quoted image]

wow

#7176 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

Anybody know what the current lead time is between ordering from cointakers and getting in hand for a standard edition?

I preordered an Sv on jan 21st. No word on an eta yet.

#7177 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

Quoted from SlapDrain:

I preordered an Sv on jan 21st. No word on an eta yet.

Pretty good guess about the next set of deliveries.
[quoted image]

Im at Sept 21 paid in full on an SV. Still no delivery.
I do have hope for delivery (for some consumers) as May 6 & 7th (Pinfestival) passes.

#7178 1 year ago

What game is this? (Not Alien rt, there's no drop targets)

#7179 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

What game is this? (Not Alien rt, there's no drop targets)

APC drops on the right side

#7180 1 year ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

APC drops on the right side

Oh...duh...thanks...yeah that's jank..

#7181 1 year ago

I agree...that is...not an acceptable fix. In the long run...maybe it won't matter as it is one screw, but looks bad for the build quality. Especially since it pushes the issue down to the customer to deal with later if things need fixed/adjusted/replaced.

#7182 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I agree...that is...not an acceptable fix. In the long run...maybe it won't matter as it is one screw, but looks bad for the build quality. Especially since it pushes the issue down to the customer to deal with later if things need fixed/adjusted/replaced.

the board in that assembly also shows sign of being reworked, there is still flux around all soldering points (white stains). I think you got a 'spare' assembly put in there in place of a brand new one??

#7183 1 year ago

the board in that assembly also shows sign of being reworked, there is still flux around all soldering points (white stains). I think you got a 'spare' assembly put in there in place of a brand new one??

Could be, working with Cato on the issue. Back side of the board looks kind of nasty. This might be part of my drop target issue, currently testing. Here is a cap of both.

20220425_104539 (resized).jpg20220425_104539 (resized).jpg20220425_110922 (resized).jpg20220425_110922 (resized).jpg
#7184 1 year ago
Quoted from precisionk:

Could be, working with Cato on the issue. Back side of the board looks kind of nasty. This might be part of my drop target issue, currently testing. Here is a cap of both.[quoted image][quoted image]

I would certainly ask for a brand new drop target board if it was reworked, I would not accept a board from the seconds pile in a brand new game.
Your screw on the left needs to come up too to match the left (this is not an issue, just pointing it out - but I figure you know)

#7185 1 year ago

I would certainly ask for a brand new drop target board is it was reworked, I would not accept a board from the seconds pile in a brand new game.
Your screw on the left needs to come up too to match the left (this is not an issue, just pointing it out - but I figure you know)

Perhaps if you had one you would notice that most boards if not all have some hand soldering and some are a little sloppy, so there is no validity in your statement that the board was reworked.

#7186 1 year ago

I would certainly ask for a brand new drop target board is it was reworked, I would not accept a board from the seconds pile in a brand new game.

Yup and it certainly was the issue. For those with Drop target issues, ensure the coil stop is proper leveled. Once leveled, my flipper has not been knocking down drop targets by pressing the flipper button. This also made the coil plunger straight which is key if you have drop targets not stay straight up. I tested the theory that the coil board was too close for EM interference by rotating the board towards the drop mech and I can say that was NOT the issue.

#7187 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Perhaps if you had one you would notice that most boards if not all have some hand soldering and some are a little sloppy, so there is no validity in your statement that the board was reworked.

ok, find that that strange. You have one of the earlier runs, no? could that be why? or is it the same in newer runs?

#7188 1 year ago

ok, find that that strange. You have one of the earlier runs, no? could that be why? or is it the same in newer runs?

Yes I have an early run and there is work done on almost every board , I guess I could demand a set of all new boards but it's not practical for them to replace everyone's board set with the latest. I also suspect that that the current REV D is not the end of revisions. FWIW my drop target board looks identical to the OPs, as well they sent me a new one and it is the same. Looks like maybe they had a shortage of U optos and had to hand solder after production.

#7189 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Are you suggesting all these issues are new to them and that they haven't previously tried addressing these faulty boards on pins they've already shipped out?! Pretty obvious that there is a known issue with the reliability of the boards. The misaligned & damaged cabinets are disappointing to see but that broken screw had that has been glued into place is 100% cringe.. As much as I desire an Alien these issues have me pumping the brakes until something is resolved.

#7190 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Are you suggesting all these issues are new to them and that they haven't previously tried addressing these faulty boards on pins they've already shipped out?! Pretty obvious that there is a known issue with the reliability of the boards. The misaligned & damaged cabinets are disappointing to see but that broken screw had that has been glued into place is 100% cringe.. As much as I desire an Alien these issues have me pumping the brakes until something is resolved.

I agree things were likely pushed out prematurely and there are definitely issues (less than when I got mine) but I believe if they didn't do it that way they likely would have failed. People can make their own decisions on what they buy. Mine has been fault free for months, I would much rather have it than not have it. And by the way, a little flux left around a solder joint does not make it defective.

#7191 1 year ago

Airlock scoop trip report - Got a new airlock scoop from PB. Issue was SDTM no matter the adjustment. Installed new scoop, its a bit better, at least hitting the tip of the left most flipper. The target for the scoop is armpit of the left flipper. I am wondering if the screw holes weren't exactly on target when drilled.

#7192 1 year ago
Quoted from precisionk:

Airlock scoop trip report - Got a new airlock scoop from PB. Issue was SDTM no matter the adjustment. Installed new scoop, its a bit better, at least hitting the tip of the left most flipper. The target for the scoop is armpit of the left flipper. I am wondering if the screw holes weren't exactly on target when drilled.

I presume the new scoop would need to be adjusted too…no?

#7193 1 year ago

I presume the new scoop would need to be adjusted too…no?

Supposedly within the factory they tested/adjusted it from the scoop side before shipping.

#7194 1 year ago

So...getting a ball stuck before it can get to the launch area

I can shake it into position, but then it tilts. happening enough now that I'll probably disable the tilt until I've fixed it.

Same video but tee'd up to where it happens again at 47 seconds:

I'm thinking some sort of material/cushion can be placed to help it bounce out, but looking for a proper solution.

#7195 1 year ago

Bend the switch wire down a bit?

#7196 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

I can shake it into position, but then it tilts. happening enough now that I'll probably disable the tilt until I've fixed it.

I'm thinking some sort of material/cushion can be placed to help it bounce out, but looking for a proper solution.

Had the exact same issue and yes I just bent the shooter lane switch wire down a bit.

#7197 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Can you post some close-up pics of the area where the ball comes to rest (maybe some with and without the ball). Is the ball resting on the edge of the apron?

EDIT: just re-watched on my laptop (rather than my phone) where you can see the ball resting on the switch wire

#7198 1 year ago

Ok - that actually makes a bunch of sense - I bent it it and it seems to be playing fine and no longer catching...thanks all!

#7199 1 year ago

Hi

What is the going rate for Aliens LV?
New order from CT.
Thx

#7200 1 year ago
Quoted from DoorCounty:

Hi
What is the going rate for Aliens LV?
New order from CT.
Thx

Going rate would be what they're currently selling for at Cointaker, seeing as they're still taking deposits.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 160.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Woodstock, GA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,769 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 376.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/144?hl=randyc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.