20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2635 (resized).JPG
IMG_2634 (resized).JPG
IMG_2633 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 376.
#7101 1 year ago

generally if you just put some foam on the opposite side of the direction you need it to go will help direct it. If more than that you should be loosening the mech and turning it more one direction. If the screw holes are too small and have no play you might need to widen them.

#7102 1 year ago

Why not just loosen the screws below the playfield that hold the scoop, turn it a bit and then just fixing the screws again? No need to bend any metal I‘d say.

#7103 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

generally if you just put some foam on the opposite side of the direction...

Hey Zablon, since I'm a rookie here (and have not yet had the results I want bending the scoop) what do you mean by foam? I bent mine quite a bit and have got it to about mid to 3/4 down the left flipper, as opposed to SDTM, but not where it really needs to be.

#7104 1 year ago

If you’re having trouble with your airlock launch, I recommend checking the plunger before bending anything. I posted this before, but it’s worth a repost I think.
I had a bump on the top of the plunger that caused the eject to change every 20 or so ejects. I sanded it flat and now it goes to the left flipper every time.

BECD5899-CAF1-4C39-8A33-EEF0A4987A90 (resized).jpegBECD5899-CAF1-4C39-8A33-EEF0A4987A90 (resized).jpeg
#7105 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamoraldus:

Why not just loosen the screws below the playfield that hold the scoop, turn it a bit and then just fixing the screws again? No need to bend any metal I‘d say.

Tried this, the scope has about 4 different screws in the shape of a L. Didn't seem to make any difference.

#7106 1 year ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

Hey Zablon, since I'm a rookie here (and have not yet had the results I want bending the scoop) what do you mean by foam? I bent mine quite a bit and have got it to about mid to 3/4 down the left flipper, as opposed to SDTM, but not where it really needs to be.

a bit of foam padding with adhesive (like door sealer) on the one side. Cut a small piece and attach it to the inside top of the hood. I believe a few people have done this in this thread.

#7107 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Silly question, but that silly question sparked a silly question. Who's working on a queen head mod?

I have already spent SO much on mods for this beast....but that seems to make sense for the next mod.

#7108 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

If you’re having trouble with your airlock launch, I recommend checking the plunger before bending anything. I posted this before, but it’s worth a repost I think.
I had a bump on the top of the plunger that caused the eject to change every 20 or so ejects. I sanded it flat and now it goes to the left flipper every time.
[quoted image]

Good call, checked it and its flat.

#7109 1 year ago
Quoted from megaladon:

I think it’s a great game when it’s working but it’s slowly falling breakung as I play it lol. I think a lot of it is new technology and third-party parts.I sent an email 3 days ago) to Pinball brothers and they haven’t responded back to me regarding my broken target and now my upper right flipper is completely disabled/not firing (update, actually I checked all the solder joints everything was fine but then I simply spun the coil and it started working again so it must be a wire on the inside of the sleeve, but definitely some sort of short connection). Every time I remove the glass to troubleshoot my front lock bar digs into that front decal. I think this is possibly due to the way my cabinet was put together it’s a little uneven. Don’t lose faith, the game is great and fun when it works! I know it’s a learning curve for everybody including PB Brothers and I have faith that they’ll get me working.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My frame is also exactly like that with the slight step where it joins, but no issues with the lock bar doing any damage.

#7110 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

[quoted image]

Yes, double-checked and it's flat. Thank you for the repost on this though!

#7111 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

a bit of foam padding with adhesive (like door sealer) on the one side. Cut a small piece and attach it to the inside top of the hood. I believe a few people have done this in this thread.

Thanks Zablon, I'll give it a shot

#7112 1 year ago

So kicking around ideas as to why the scoop would be off even after trying so many things. Would the coil have any play/anything to do with it?

#7113 1 year ago

You just need the ball to get a little spin on it. I would go under the scoop and put a washer on the left side, hence pulling the left side down. And forcing it left. I wouldn't be going crazy with pliers trying to get that hood bent like that, although it may work. Full disclosure, I never read the PB instructions.

#7114 1 year ago
Quoted from Wheelzzz:

You just need the ball to get a little spin on it. I would go under the scoop and put a washer on the left side, hence pulling the left side down. And forcing it left. I wouldn't be going crazy with pliers trying to get that hood bent like that, although it may work. Full disclosure, I never read the PB instructions.

As seen here this scoop isn't like Stern or JJP (GnR). It's a larger housing with a subway system attached to it. So bending it is the most efficient way. You can't just put a washer in one of the holes under the PF. There isn't a washer. Some have used a small piece of foam. It is not an easy thing to adjust, but it will bend. I used short nose pliers on mine with a rag on them.

https://www.pinballbrothers.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/214-50-02-00_Scoop_Back_Sub_Ass_Doc.pdf

#7115 1 year ago
Quoted from JDub03:

As seen here this scoop isn't like Stern or JJP (GnR). It's a larger housing with a subway system attached to it. So bending it is the most efficient way. You can't just put a washer in one of the holes under the PF. There isn't a washer. Some have used a small piece of foam. It is not an easy thing to adjust, but it will bend. I used short nose pliers on mine with a rag on them.
https://www.pinballbrothers.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/214-50-02-00_Scoop_Back_Sub_Ass_Doc.pdf

Similar issue in Elvira house of horrors and it is fixed the same way. Elvira’s problems here might vary though and are not exactly limited to just the bend but all that to say, the bend does affect the ball trajectory and so does the plunger.
For my Elvira, I actually drilled the tip slightly so it follows the contour of the ball, it worked really well and I would do the same here if the plunger tip is plastic.
A drill bit of about 3/8 works here in lieu of a dremel.

#7116 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Similar issue in Elvira house of horrors and it is fixed the same way. Elvira’s problems here might vary though and are not exactly limited to just the bend but all that to say, the bend does affect the ball trajectory and so does the plunger.
For my Elvira, I actually drilled the tip slightly so it follows the contour of the ball, it worked really well and I would do the same here if the plunger tip is plastic.
A drill bit of about 3/8 works here in lieu of a dremel.

Don’t bother with this ! It did absolutely nothing for my Elvira! The same fix worked there as here, bend the scoop slightly and adjust the coil strength

#7117 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Don’t bother with this ! It did absolutely nothing for my Elvira! The same fix worked there as here, bend the scoop slightly and adjust the coil strength

You are right and wrong I guess, lol, I had 2 Elviras as you know, in 1 of them it did work,BUT in the other one it did not and needed the vuk hood slightly bent.
Another day In the world of pinball tolerances!

#7118 1 year ago

Got a replacement scoop on the way. Will let everyone know how that goes. Will be checking the screw holes to see if the factory mounted it correctly.

#7119 1 year ago

Just spent on hour on Skype with Cato this morning talking pinball and trouble shooting something I had going on.
I had one of the first 50 made. Customer service couldn't be any better with Cato.
Always OVER supplies me with hardware that he does not have to. Always makes sure my machine is top notch. A+++ company and a fun guy to talk pinball with.

Thanks Cato.

#7120 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

So my launch issue seems to have been addressed...I didn't realize you could take the coil out so easily...I didn't use loctite - just adjusted and firmly tightened the screws...if it slips again, I'll be using loctite. Big thanks to everyone for their suggestions...Very much appreciated!!

One more followup on the failing ball launch issue...of course the launcher came misaligned again and failed to launch balls, after I 'firmly tightened' it into position.

In speaking with PB Support, they last told me that even they are using "loctite now in every sub-assembly mech"

So I redid the two screws with loctite...waited 24 hours for it to cure and it seems to have done the trick.

I think part of the issue, was, to get the coil to fire straight/aligned, I had to tighten the metal piece at a bit of an angle. This is probably completely normal / fine in most things pinball related, but thought i would mention it. (see pic)

Any way my game is playing really well - and I'm getting better at making shots some of the more difficult shots. It's so damn cool!

IMG_1623 (resized).jpgIMG_1623 (resized).jpg
#7121 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

One more followup on the failing ball launch issue...of course the launcher came misaligned again and failed to launch balls, after I 'firmly tightened' it into position.
In speaking with PB Support, they last told me that even they are using "loctite now in every sub-assembly mech"
So I redid the two screws with loctite...waited 24 hours for it to cure and it seems to have done the trick.
I think part of the issue, was, to get the coil to fire straight/aligned, I had to tighten the metal piece at a bit of an angle. This is probably completely normal / fine in most things pinball related, but thought i would mention it. (see pic)
Any way my game is playing really well - and I'm getting better at making shots some of the more difficult shots. It's so damn cool![quoted image]

Rmmmh, I would perhaps mention this to support and get a mech that does not need to be tighten in an angle. It should not be I think.

#7122 1 year ago

Can’t wait to get the call to run over to hose this puppy down again when it catches on fire for the 3rd time Deez
Glutton for punishment

26527514-63C9-49A6-B902-AA25A5B059C8 (resized).jpeg26527514-63C9-49A6-B902-AA25A5B059C8 (resized).jpeg

#7123 1 year ago

***Update - looks like a busted spring...sheeet...easy fix - just stretched the existing one and ordered some spare springs** -

(Original Post)

Dang nabbit...got the sticky flipper issue on the bottom right flipper.

Is this still the best method to fix? https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/88#post-6643675

Also about flippers - is there anyone out there that has replaced their flippers entirely? Is there a benefit to do so? Right now, I would say the play on the flippers is a bit 'loose' and are floaty.. but I think that's by design. Kind of like the game is in 'space' Compared to my Ghostbusters, I don't feel its as accurate, but again, I'm getting used to these.

IMG_1628 (resized).jpgIMG_1628 (resized).jpg

#7124 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Can’t wait to get the call to run over to hose this puppy down again when it catches on fire for the 3rd time fattdirk
Glutton for punishment
[quoted image]

Enjoy it and hope your clear coat doesn't start cracking.

IMG_20220421_220505.jpgIMG_20220421_220505.jpg
#7125 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Enjoy it and hope your clear coat doesn't start cracking.[quoted image]

Oooffff

#7126 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Ugh, sorry man.
Can you see the crack on the underside of the insert? Curious to see if it’s the insert itself that cracked

#7127 1 year ago

Just curious for anybody that has an LV. Is The anti-reflective glass marked or etched by anything? Just curious of the company? Mine is pretty thin and it’s hard to tell if it is or not anti reflective?

#7128 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Ugh, sorry man.
Can you see the crack on the underside of the insert? Curious to see if it’s the insert itself that cracked

Nope, cracks in the clear - it spiders out from there to the APC and the post right there.

#7129 1 year ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Just curious for anybody that has an LV. Is The anti-reflective glass marked or etched by anything? Just curious of the company? Mine is pretty thin and it’s hard to tell if it is or not anti reflective?

It is antireflective. If I get a chance, I'll throw in a piece of regular glass and take some photos so you can see... it's good stuff.

#7130 1 year ago

Just wanted post that my Alien is running great and I have no issues. Love this game! Cato is the man!

#7131 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Can’t wait to get the call to run over to hose this puppy down again when it catches on fire for the 3rd time fattdirk
Glutton for punishment
[quoted image]

I'm sorry but...what's going on here? Caught fire? Say what? If so that sucks...When was this particular Alien manufactured? And has PB Support weighed in?

#7132 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

I'm sorry but...what's going on here? Caught fire? Say what? If so that sucks...When was this particular Alien manufactured? And has PB Support weighed in?

Have you not been following along with the great Deez routed Alien saga? You got a lot of catching up to do...
I'll post pics with the fire extinguisher in hand this weekend, im sure its coming

#7133 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Have you not been following along with the great fattdirk routed Alien saga? You got a lot of catching up to do...
I'll post pics with the fire extinguisher in hand this weekend, im sure its coming

We are all following but never once has he mentioned anything about a fire inside the cabinet. Do you have a link to said post for us?

#7134 1 year ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Just wanted post that my Alien is running great and I have no issues. Love this game! Cato is the man!

The Texas Alien contingent is strong on here.

#7135 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

We are all following but never once has he mentioned anything about a fire inside the cabinet. Do you have a link to said post for us?

I was standing there holding the playfield up with him on location when it happened, i dont need a link. He lives like 40 minutes away from the brewery so I help him out and work on games for him when things go wrong during the week so he donest have to drive an hour round trip because a ball got stuck or a rubber snapped or a brand new Alien goes up in smoke...

#7136 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I was standing there holding the playfield up with him on location when it happened, i dont need a link. He lives like 40 minutes away from the brewery so I help him out and work on games for him when things go wrong during the week so he donest have to drive an hour round trip because a ball got stuck or a rubber snapped or a brand new Alien goes up in smoke...

Sorry not trying to sound snide, I blame myself for this stress, its my fault for begging Deez to buy this game so I could play it. Now Im watching this drama unfold and its hilariously horrible. So now I get to troll my buddy to no end.

#7137 1 year ago

I’m having flipper issues that I’ve heard mentioned before, where they rapid fire on a button press, or sometimes are 1-2 seconds delayed on a button press, and occasionally get stuck up. Of course, the leaf switches are super weak and flimsy, too.

Wondering if I might resolve these issues with replacing the leaf switches to stronger ones, like Stern (or hell, even JJP/WMS at this point)? I know I have some switches from some older era games, 80s-90s at least, but will have to check to see if I have any used by modern Stern or JJP (I think I have some EOS switches from JJP…could those be repurposed as cabinet button switches if that’s all I have on hand?? I guess they may not have the physical resistance that a proper cabinet switch would have, though, still potentially leaving the button presses feeling flimsy)…the game is absolutely unplayable with this flipper behavior!

#7139 1 year ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

I’m having flipper issues that I’ve heard mentioned before, where they rapid fire on a button press, or sometimes are 1-2 seconds delayed on a button press, and occasionally get stuck up. Of course, the leaf switches are super weak and flimsy, too.
Wondering if I might resolve these issues with replacing the leaf switches to stronger ones, like Stern (or hell, even JJP/WMS at this point)? I know I have some switches from some older era games, 80s-90s at least, but will have to check to see if I have any used by modern Stern or JJP (I think I have some EOS switches from JJP…could those be repurposed as cabinet button switches if that’s all I have on hand?? I guess they may not have the physical resistance that a proper cabinet switch would have, though, still potentially leaving the button presses feeling flimsy)…the game is absolutely unplayable with this flipper behavior!

You can replace them with Stern switches.

#7140 1 year ago
Quoted from JDub03:

You can replace them with Stern switches.

If all I have are older Bally/Williams switches (SW-10A-48), would those work?

#7141 1 year ago

I wish I was getting the same level of responsiveness from PB as some of you are getting. I’m still having trouble with my LV. It seems to be locking up when I start any multi ball. Anyone experiencing this? After lockup, it reboots and gives me the I/O warning.

#7142 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Just spent on hour on Skype with Cato this morning talking pinball and trouble shooting something I had going on.
I had one of the first 50 made. Customer service couldn't be any better with Cato.
Always OVER supplies me with hardware that he does not have to. Always makes sure my machine is top notch. A+++ company and a fun guy to talk pinball with.

Thanks Cato.

I also want to give credit to this Group of people. I’ve had hiccups from broken targets switches to flipper mechanics to software issues but Andrea over there at Pinball brothers has been diligently trying to get me sorted out. They have been great in my book and I think in this infancy stage they are working out the bugs and will eventually get a product that is tough as Ripley (See what I did there).

#7143 1 year ago
Quoted from CoPinfan:

I wish I was getting the same level of responsiveness from PB as some of you are getting. I’m still having trouble with my LV. It seems to be locking up when I start any multi ball. Anyone experiencing this? After lockup, it reboots and gives me the I/O warning.

They have been on break for a holiday And I waited for about a week before I heard anything. Try looking at your version of I/O board number six. Seems to be that is the troublesome board. I think the lvs had the latest. But I had a lot of hiccups with the software and had to reset all my connections coming from the back glass down to the computer underneath.

#7144 1 year ago
Quoted from megaladon:

They have been on break for a holiday And I waited for about a week before I heard anything. Try looking at your version of I/O board number six. Seems to be that is the troublesome board. I think the lvs had the latest. But I had a lot of hiccups with the software and had to reset all my connections coming from the back glass down to the computer underneath.

Looks like I’ve got revision D.

#7145 1 year ago

Canceled my LV order with Cointaker. Wish everyone success with their purchase and hope all issues get resolved for those who are having trouble.

#7146 1 year ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

If all I have are older Bally/Williams switches (SW-10A-48), would those work?

They will work short term but will cause problems in the long run. There is an older thread on this. Order the Stern switches and you will be set.

#7147 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Same thing at the same spot here

#7148 1 year ago
Quoted from megaladon:

I also want to give credit to this Group of people. I’ve had hiccups from broken targets switches to flipper mechanics to software issues but Andrea over there at Pinball brothers has been diligently trying to get me sorted out. They have been great in my book and I think in this infancy stage they are working out the bugs and will eventually get a product that is tough as Ripley (See what I did there).

I'd definitely echo that - minor issues on my side and this forum has been a great help.

#7149 1 year ago

Pretty good guess about the next set of deliveries.

E73CBBE7-59D4-4573-A413-0BA8A17E461E (resized).jpegE73CBBE7-59D4-4573-A413-0BA8A17E461E (resized).jpeg
#7150 1 year ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Same thing at the same spot here

Please make sure to report this, if it is a common issue the PF should be replaced? what are you thoughts on this? cover it with mylar?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 160.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Woodstock, GA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 376.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/143?hl=kciaccio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.