Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Alien pinball (resized).jpg
20240414_165244 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 377.
#7001 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Yes as mentioned previous page, you have to bend the wire ramp little bit to get a consistent flow of the ball I had the same issue and it was some light bending to make sure it clears all the plastic pieces.

Ok thanks - I haven't done that yet, but I did adjust 'auto launch' to 50% + , and it seems to be fine now. Probably need to bend it per @mageek's earlier suggestion and bring it back down

#7002 2 years ago
E29380D0-4A50-43BF-A76D-83E710B5EAD2 (resized).jpegE29380D0-4A50-43BF-A76D-83E710B5EAD2 (resized).jpeg
#7003 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

[quoted image]

I cant seem to find my Egg, I think it was taken by a "Predator"

#7004 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

I cant seem to find my Egg, I think it was taken by a "Predator"

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#7005 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Ok I have an LV (or will shortly) - where can I grab the 2.6 Firmware from? Not seeing it on their site. Thanks,
Sorry never mind, found it: https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/home

Needed this link

#7006 2 years ago

I’m not a great player but did pretty well, then Heard something drop on the inside of the machine LOL. Turned out to be the screws came loose on the alien switch target. I’ll have to put another ticket in because now it’s missing the little black switch button On the actual switch so it won’t make a contact.. Other than that the game played great!

9933BFEC-ADEB-4968-B2C4-78015D7733DA (resized).jpeg9933BFEC-ADEB-4968-B2C4-78015D7733DA (resized).jpegF8242057-25B5-48FD-9B0A-59B21F63DA92 (resized).jpegF8242057-25B5-48FD-9B0A-59B21F63DA92 (resized).jpeg
#7007 2 years ago

So... I notice that on this game, unlike a lot of other pinball games, there is no easy/medium/hard post holes on the outlanes. Mine is an HUO and I feel like those damn outlanes are too greedy for me, and I want to modify -- anyone have any recommendations?

#7008 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

So... I notice that on this game, unlike a lot of other pinball games, there is no easy/medium/hard post holes on the outlanes. Mine is an HUO and I feel like those damn outlanes are too greedy for me, and I want to modify -- anyone have any recommendations?

Me too. Every game I swear I lose at least two balls.

#7009 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

Make it 5 ball.

#7010 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

I'm sure you can extend ball save times and make extra ball requirements easier My very first game was Roadshow and i once may have wedged paper towel in the outlanes to get further in the game! off to confession

#7011 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

There is a movable outlane post on the right side, it’s difficult to see but it’s there. You also have a chance to save the ball via the gate on the right side. On the left side just keeping hitting the hypersleep chamber ramp and your revive lights will always be lit

#7012 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

There is a movable outlane post on the right side, it’s difficult to see but it’s there. You also have a chance to save the ball via the gate on the right side. On the left side just keeping hitting the hypersleep chamber ramp and your revive lights will always be lit

Oh sweet! To move it do I need to unassemble the right ramp sitting over the top?

#7013 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

Oh sweet! To move it do I need to unassemble the right ramp sitting over the top?

Both posts above the lanes are adjustable. If I remember right they are slotted and were easy to adjust

#7014 2 years ago

It's been an active arcade repair weekend...Between my jealous Ghostbuster stern machine, and my other arcade games - its a fixit weekend for sure...hahah

I have the following remaining Alien LV problem (good news, most other problems have been resolved)

It seems there is a 'weak' ball launch.

Some have suggested that I 'adjust the metal' ball launch area, by bending parts, but I don't think that is the issue.  It seems the launch is getting 'tired', especially during multi-ball modes (ex: ambush)

Examples:

I have attempted a 20% and 50% increase in auto launch...I am seeing inconsistent results, but the 50% increase seemed to help for a bit (maybe 2 hours) then it seems to have the same sluggishness.

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.

Hope everyone is having or had a great Easter Holiday.

#7015 2 years ago

Can you move the plunger arm freely by hand or is it sticking?

#7016 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

You can adjust the Revive Difficulty through an adjustment. Default is Easy, which lights 1 revive lane at the start of each ball. Change to Extra Easy if you want to have both lanes lit.

#7017 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

It's been an active arcade repair weekend...Between my jealous Ghostbuster stern machine, and my other arcade games - its a fixit weekend for sure...hahah
I have the following remaining Alien LV problem (good news, most other problems have been resolved)
Some have suggested that I 'adjust the metal' ball launch area, by bending parts, but I don't think that is the issue.  It seems the launch is getting 'tired', especially during multi-ball modes (ex: ambush)
Examples:
I have attempted a 20% and 50% increase in auto launch...I am seeing inconsistent results, but the 50% increase seemed to help for a bit (maybe 2 hours) then it seems to have the same sluggishness.

What angle do you have your PF at?

#7018 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

Replace the rubber post on the right outlane with a slight taper to make it easier / more common to bounce those back in. On the left no suggestions, except flip when it gets close!

#7019 2 years ago

I have to say this . . .
My Alien works perfectly. Just like any other game by any other manufacturer, it needed a few tweaks out of the box to dial it in, and I replaced the weak flipper switches with a set of Stern switches because I didn’t like the light touch of the stock switches. Due to the nature of any hand-built custom designed machine, there will always be some that arrive that are not perfect.

The reason I’m posting this is because it seems to me that for anyone thinking of buying an Alien, this thread could make you think twice, because as with any other pin from any other manufacturer, the thread is full of posts by folks whose pins are experiencing issues.

‘Cause who posts just to say that their pin is working perfectly? Just about nobody.

The main difference between Alien and any of the other mainstream manufacturers is the level of support provided.

When my Stern pins have issues the first response from Stern is “Call the distributor”. If the distributor can’t help, Stern will make suggestions like “Try swapping the node boards” or something similar. And after the “warranty” expires (which seems to be 90 days now) who you gonna call? Stern isn’t much help. You had better have a friendly neighborhood repair guy. A friend of mine has a BM66 that has issues and Stern is not helping him past some suggestions on swapping node boards. He’s now stuck with a pin that he can’t fix and he can’t sell.

And as for JJP? From what I’ve been reading their support team has been pretty much ghosting us. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Now for Pinball Brothers: I had an issue with the pop-up posts above the egg pop bumpers originally so I emailed them. What did they do? They sent me a pair of boards that controlled the posts - no questions asked. I didn’t have to show any proof - they just wanted to help. It turned out that while I was waiting I read in this thread that adjusting the power of these posts in the menu system resolves the issue. I did that and it solved the issue. And if you read through the the posts in this thread you will see a pattern of PB being exceptionally responsive and quick to do whatever it takes to resolve issues for us.

And if you compare the care and attention that PB has put into the design and build of these pins, they stand head and shoulders above anyone else. The cable management below the playfield is exceptional. No extra wires hanging down. Everything is the exact right length and routed carefully and then fastened down logically. Everything is clearly marked showing what connects where. No guessing needed.

And as far as the playfield goes, it’s done right. No chipping. No pooling. No ghosting. The other guys have pretty much made us believe that chipping, pooling and thin paint layers are now the norm that we have to live with. I’ve got over 500 plays on my Alien and other than some barely visible dimples sparsely distributed on the playfield that you have to look very hard to see, it’s perfect. I’ve given up on my other pins and install playfield protectors on all of them. It’s not needed on Alien.

PB took the original Heighway design and re-engineered it completely from the ground up. They even re-designed the “Service” position that the playfield rests in. It basically locks into place straight up and in the middle of the cabinet allowing easy access to both the top and bottom at the same time.

These guys love pinball and it shows.

So if you have an Alien and it works well, please back me up here. Let’s give Pinball Brothers the recognition that they deserve.

#7020 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

I had the same problem.

Did you check if the kicker assembly is still screwed tight to the playfield?

Mine was loose and so not able to kick the ball as it should.

#7021 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Me too. Every game I swear I lose at least two balls.

the slots for the posts in these locations are elongated.. just loosed and slide it forward and tighten to decrease the outlane drains.

#7022 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Examples:

Check the coil bracket. Make sure it is aligned properly. I think it's held on by 3 screws. Make sure it is firing straight and not crooked. Also check to make sure the plunger is moving freely. If not loosen the coil itself (2 screws) and reposition.

#7023 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I have to say this . . .
My Alien works perfectly. Just like any other game by any other manufacturer, it needed a few tweaks out of the box to dial it in, and I replaced the weak flipper switches with a set of Stern switches because I didn’t like the light touch of the stock switches. Due to the nature of these hand-built custom designed machines, there will always be some that arrive that are not perfect.
The reason I’m posting this is because it seems to me that for anyone thinking of buying an Alien, this thread could make you think twice. But as with any other pin from any other manufacturer, the thread is full of posts by folks whose pins are experiencing issues.
‘Cause who posts just to say that their pin is working perfectly? Just about nobody.
The main difference between Alien and any of the other mainstream manufacturers is the level of support provided.
When my Stern pins have issues the first response from Stern is “Call the distributor”. If the distributor can’t help, Stern will make suggestions like “Try swapping the node boards” or something similar. And after the warranty “expires” (which seems to be 90 days now) who you gonna call? Stern isn’t much help. You had better have a friendly neighborhood repair guy. A friend of mine has a BM66 that has issues and Stern is not helping him past some suggestions on swapping node boards. He’s now stuck with a pin that he can’t fix and he can’t sell.
And as for JJP? From what I’ve been reading their support team has been pretty much ghosting us. Please correct me if I’m wrong.
Now for Pinball Brothers: I had an issue with the pop-up posts above the egg pop bumpers originally so I emailed them. What did they do? They sent me a pair of boards that controlled the posts - no questions asked. I didn’t have to show any proof - they just wanted to help. It turned out that while I was waiting I read in this thread that adjusting the power of these posts in the menu system resolves the issue. I did that and it solved the issue. And if you read through the the posts in this thread you will see a pattern of PB being exceptionally responsive and quick to do whatever it takes to resolve issues for us.
And if you compare the care and attention that PB has put into the design and build of these pins, they stand head and shoulders above anyone else. The cable management below the playfield is exceptional. No extra wires hanging down. Everything is the exact right length and routed carefully and then fastened down logically. Everything is clearly marked showing what connects where. No guessing needed.
And as far as the playfield goes, it’s done right. No chipping. No pooling. No ghosting. The other guys have pretty much made us believe that chipping, pooling and thin paint layers are now the norm that we have to live with. I’ve got over 500 plays on my Alien and other than some barely visible dimples sparsely distributed on the playfield that you have to look very hard to see, it’s perfect. I’ve given up on my other pins and install playfield protectors on all of them. It’s not needed on Alien.
PB took the original Heighway design and re-engineered it completely from the ground up. They even re-designed the “Service” position that the playfield rests in. It basically locks into place straight up and in the middle of the cabinet allowing easy access to both the top and bottom at the same time.
So if you have an Alien and it works well, please back me up here. Let’s give Pinball Brothers the recognition that they deserve.

Agree 100%
Customer support is crazy good

When I resolved my issue ,before I could even tell them,I got another email asking if I had resolved the issue

Very VERY good customer service

Not gonna lie,when the issue started my mind went worst case scenario,turns out it was nothing

My Alien has been 100% reliable I love the design on everything

#7024 2 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Agree 100%
Customer support is crazy good
When I resolved my issue ,before I could even tell them,I got another email asking if I had resolved the issue
Very VERY good customer service
Not gonna lie,when the issue started my mind went worst case scenario,turns out it was nothing
My Alien has been 100% reliable I love the design on everything

love seeing posts like this. The machine is wonderful and folks should not have any concerns at all.

#7025 2 years ago

Support has been 110% I agree. Game running well thankyou especially to Cato.

I personally feel pedretti have some work to do on their parts moving forward.

Can't wait to see what comes out next from Pinball Brothers......Predator would be special! Queen not for me.

#7027 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I have to say this . . .
My Alien works perfectly. Just like any other game by any other manufacturer, it needed a few tweaks out of the box to dial it in, and I replaced the weak flipper switches with a set of Stern switches because I didn’t like the light touch of the stock switches. Due to the nature of any hand-built custom designed machines, there will always be some that arrive that are not perfect.
The reason I’m posting this is because it seems to me that for anyone thinking of buying an Alien, this thread could make you think twice, because as with any other pin from any other manufacturer, the thread is full of posts by folks whose pins are experiencing issues.
When my Stern pins have issues the first response from Stern is “Call the distributor”. If the distributor can’t help, Stern will make suggestions like “Try swapping the node boards” or something similar. And after the warranty “expires” (which seems to be 90 days now) who you gonna call? Stern isn’t much help. You had better have a friendly neighborhood repair guy. A friend of mine has a BM66 that has issues and Stern is not helping him past some suggestions on swapping node boards. He’s now stuck with a pin that he can’t fix and he can’t sell.

Fully agree! I even have to admit that I was wrong on my EOS comments because PB fixed it in the latest software update, well done! Machine is working like a charm and man what do I love this game!!

#7028 2 years ago

How many Alien LV's have been delivered thus far ? What's the time line expectancy of the first few hundred games or for them to finish the 1000 run ? How many can they crank out per week / month ? I can't wait for my LV, just curious how long it will be for me and others to get their game. I'm hoping sometime before the end of the year. CoinTakers website does show "Delivery 2022", but who knows.

I see #25 hit pinside market place already. $14,500.

#7029 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

How many Alien LV's have been delivered thus far ? What's the time line expectancy of the first few hundred games or for them to finish the 1000 run ? How many can they crank out per week / month ? I can't wait for my LV, just curious how long it will be for me and others to get their game. I'm hoping sometime before the end of the year. CoinTakers website does show "Delivery 2022", but who knows.

NIB flippers are ruining the market.

#7030 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I put a deposit on an LV last weekend so I'm one of the high numbers I'm sure....but that's ok because it gives me more time to save the money.....I was told 6-7 months out most likely until mine is ready, but I'm thinking it will be more likely be over a year out....just a hunch, but I'm ok with that. I just hope I am able to get one this go around....last time didn't work out too well! So glad I might be able to get my dream theme first NIB machine!!

Oh, and I'm VERY happy to see the Customer Service response by PB's....VERY impressive and it helps me feel better about spending so much on this pin! Kudo's to them and keep it up!!!

Brian

#7031 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

When I posted up my LV 003 Picture, I had someone offer me $15000 . I paid over 11k with extra shipping ..so 3500 more with no wait...I can see that. Jeez....with my mods and our new apron it might break 20k...lol

One year wait is insane if it really goes that far out.

#7032 2 years ago

When I posted up my LV 003 Picture, I had someone offer me $15000 . I paid over 11k with extra shipping ..so 3500 more with no wait...I can see that. Jeez....with my mods and our new apron it might break 20k...lol

It's 1 year + 2 weeks, etc.

#7033 2 years ago

Yikes! I have #002, 15k?! I’d consider selling lol. I’m waiting for a target replacement though lol. My upper flipper died, turned out it was a bad solder job. Fixed and running great even limping along with one alien target working lol.

#7034 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It's 1 year + 2 weeks, etc.

Ouch....yeah the 2 week statement...lol.

Please dont DM offering 15k...lol.....20k you can...haha...love this PIN....

#7035 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Yikes! I have #002, 15k?! I’d consider selling lol. I’m waiting for a target replacement though lol. My upper flipper died, turned out it was a bad solder job. Fixed and running great even limping along with one alien target working lol.

no no no.....you cant even consider...lol

#7036 2 years ago

no no no.....you cant even consider...lol

MAYBE if you had #426

#7037 2 years ago
Quoted from JToeps:

MAYBE if you had #426

Yeah just that number alone went for 10,000 last I heard for the charity…doesn’t come with a Pinball just a number.

#7038 2 years ago
Quoted from conester:

I put a deposit on an LV last weekend so I'm one of the high numbers I'm sure....but that's ok because it gives me more time to save the money.....I was told 6-7 months out most likely until mine is ready, but I'm thinking it will be more likely be over a year out....just a hunch, but I'm ok with that. I just hope I am able to get one this go around....last time didn't work out too well! So glad I might be able to get my dream theme first NIB machine!!
Oh, and I'm VERY happy to see the Customer Service response by PB's....VERY impressive and it helps me feel better about spending so much on this pin! Kudo's to them and keep it up!!!
Brian

CONGRATS first NIB is a great accomplishment especially on a title you are clamoring for! I hope you get your game asap, however that time frame seems very optimistic to me. I put my Alien LV deposit in September of 2021... I'm happy if I'm 6-7 months away at this point. Although I haven't spoke to Melissa in a while. I'm almost coming up on waiting 8 months. I feel really bad for those that got screwed on the last Alien fiasco so I can't really complain. If anything is learned from early adopters in pinball it's to be patient!

#7039 2 years ago

Hello, all! Just got an Alien SV, and am trying to put some LED bulbs (for lighted flippers or to change the color of the coin buttons, for example), and they get smoking hot, to the point that regular 6.3V Comet LED bulbs burn up and smoke out. Even the default incandescent bulbs used in the coin door get super hot. This even occurred prior to trying to tap into the coin door sockets to run flipper lights; when I simply tried replacing the incandescents with LEDs, they were also super hot really quickly.

Anyone else experience this? Am I just not getting standard voltage for these lights like I’d expect from an American-made machine, and I need different/special bulbs, or does this sound like a potential wiring problem?

#7040 2 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Hello, all! Just got an Alien SV, and am trying to put some LED bulbs (for lighted flippers or to change the color of the coin buttons, for example), and they get smoking hot, to the point that regular 6.3V Comet LED bulbs burn up and smoke out. Even the default incandescent bulbs used in the coin door get super hot. This even occurred prior to trying to tap into the coin door sockets to run flipper lights; when I simply tried replacing the incandescents with LEDs, they were also super hot really quickly.
Anyone else experience this? Am I just not getting standard voltage for these lights like I’d expect from an American-made machine, and I need different/special bulbs, or does this sound like a potential wiring problem?

I believe those coin door bulbs are 12v bulbs.

You need higher voltage bulbs there or they will burn up immediately.

#7041 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

I believe those coin door bulbs are 12v bulbs.
You need higher voltage bulbs there or they will burn up immediately.

12V on the coin door, hot damn! Thanks for the heads up, will seek higher rated bulbs

#7042 2 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

12V on the coin door, hot damn! Thanks for the heads up, will seek higher rated bulbs

Always check or ask about your voltages before making changes like this. It could save you from blowing up major parts.

#7043 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Always check or ask about your voltages before making changes like this. It could save you from blowing up major parts.

Yeah definitely; for anything more serious/important than coin door or flipper lights, esp with an unknown manufacturer from another country, I wouldn’t just start swappin’ and sappin’.

#7044 2 years ago

Does anyone know of a link to the code updates? This game has a lot of firmware issues and someone said there was a code update. I looked on their website and see no link for code updates.

#7045 2 years ago
Quoted from blacklightprod:

Does anyone know of a link to the code updates? This game has a lot of firmware issues and someone said there was a code update. I looked on their website and see no link for code updates.

https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80000956738-alien-delta-game-update-2-6-

#7046 2 years ago

Looking forward to getting my LV. This games looks super cool.
In the meantime I’ll be busy with…
To keep IMDN company

Life is good!

F3496DCE-BA50-4B60-8524-DC1B0184BD5B (resized).jpegF3496DCE-BA50-4B60-8524-DC1B0184BD5B (resized).jpeg

#7047 2 years ago

Hey everyone. Thanks for the info on the fact that the outlane posts DO in fact move. And also thanks for the tip that you can set revive to extra easy. Played a few games tonight with both adjustments. I think the extra easy revive might be a little TOO easy for me, but adjusting the outlanes makes it just that much easier to make it challenging for me but not frustratingly challenging. I finally rescued Jonesey!

#7048 2 years ago

Jonesy is difficult! By the time you line him up he's gone lol - I end up just having a hit and hoping I fluke it on the timing

#7049 2 years ago

Can anyone explain Save Newt for me.. the colors are all over the place and am not sure how to "win" this one.

#7050 2 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

Check the coil bracket. Make sure it is aligned properly. I think it's held on by 3 screws. Make sure it is firing straight and not crooked. Also check to make sure the plunger is moving freely. If not loosen the coil itself (2 screws) and reposition.

Thanks man - yeah there is something going there - I made an adjustment which fixed the issue, but it reverts back after 20 minutes or a few multi balls...

Here's a video explaining what I did -

I'm not sure how to get the alignment to stay.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 160.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

There are 18,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/141?hl=jack8765 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.