100_0962 (resized).JPG
100_0952 (resized).JPG
b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 377.
#6901 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I'm no business elite, but if I were Cointaker, I would put up a simple web page that displayed the latest shipping status of all machines people are waiting on. How much time would that save Melissa if she had a simple editable web page she could update on a regular basis? Seems like common sense to me, but maybe there is some downside to doing such a thing that I'm not seeing. All this, "Is it there yet?" talk is really unnecessary if a simple status web page existed.

you say that as if people would look at it...I saved her time by not calling her every other day asking. Common sense tells us when it is here we'll get updated.

#6902 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

How much time would that save Melissa if she had a simple editable web page she could update on a regular basis? Seems like common sense to me, but maybe there is some downside to doing such a thing that I'm not seeing.

1. Manufacturers may not want those production numbers/capacities publicized. This would be the number 1 reason I would guess.
2. Cointaker might not want to publicize the volume of machines they sell for the same reason.
3. Gets cumbersome to track that for multiple vendors, multiple machines, etc. and then update multiple shipping pages - Alien isn't their only product.

#6903 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Which version do you need?

Update... I got a USB 2.0 and just downloaded 2.6. Played one great game and it seems fine. I definitely noticed a few differences even with only one game. Glad I got it updated

#6904 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

you say that as if people would look at it...I saved her time by not calling her every other day asking. Common sense tells us when it is here we'll get updated.

I usually do. But an eight month window of funding to …well, no delivery, i had to ask.

#6905 2 years ago

Ok now, seriously- has anyone hacked the stock video clips/ audio quotes yet to add some Ripley? My guess would be they are resource files somewhere that can be updated.

#6906 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

Ok now, seriously- has anyone hacked the stock video clips/ audio quotes yet to add some Ripley? My guess would be they are resource files somewhere that can be updated.</blockqu

Ok now, seriously- has anyone hacked the stock video clips/ audio quotes yet to add some Ripley? My guess would be they are resource files somewhere that can be updated.

Stepping into her spacesuit must be in the attract mode.

#6907 2 years ago
Quoted from freebeer:

Stepping into her spacesuit must be in the attract mode.

Awesome actress, but I never saw her sex appeal.

#6908 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

More of a Vasquez fan?

#6909 2 years ago

What’s technically considered under warranty? My game is a home use game maybe 100 plays And I already got that plastic by muther hole cracked in half at the thinnest point. Would this be under warranty or just nitpicky? Just surprised they don’t send common plastics or protector or something but I bet it would break pretty often. Either way they’re doing a great job trying to keep all the customers happy and get their games working out there for all of us.

#6910 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

What’s technically considered under warranty? My game is a home use game maybe 100 plays And I already got that plastic by muther hole cracked in half at the thinnest point. Would this be under warranty or just nitpicky? Just surprised they don’t send common plastics or protector or something but I bet it would break pretty often. Either way they’re doing a great job trying to keep all the customers happy and get their games working out there for all of us.

That, to me, is a casualty of war. I'd write and ask them if they'd let you buy one.

#6911 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

I had a plastic replaced under warranty and I went and installed plastic protectors to make sure it didn't happen in the future.

#6912 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

1. Manufacturers may not want those production numbers/capacities publicized. This would be the number 1 reason I would guess.
2. Cointaker might not want to publicize the volume of machines they sell for the same reason.
3. Gets cumbersome to track that for multiple vendors, multiple machines, etc. and then update multiple shipping pages - Alien isn't their only product.

This is just not acceptable! he demands instant answers for these first world problems!

#6913 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I had a plastic replaced under warranty and I went and installed plastic protectors to make sure it didn't happen in the future.

I have plastic protectors but I don’t think I could find one that is made for that one?

#6914 2 years ago

New to this thread. Whats the deal with Alien? Good bad ugly? Widebody gameplay for sure. Is it worthy of my attention?

#6915 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

New to this thread. Whats the deal with Alien? Good bad ugly? Widebody gameplay for sure. Is it worthy of my attention?

There's one on here for $9k.. beat the line and avoid the wait. Buy Fatdirks and experience it for yourself! It sure is pirdy!

#6916 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Dude get one the game is fantastic

#6917 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

IMG_1562 (resized).jpgIMG_1562 (resized).jpg
#6918 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

As far as I'm concerned, the bugs have been worked out. Get one... Best pinball machine ever made. I went to TPF and no other game there really compares to it in my opinion.

By the way, I've had my game on all day and no lockups in attract mode yet. Will let you know if I am ever able to reproduce.

#6919 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

I have plastic protectors but I don’t think I could find one that is made for that one?

megaladon , can you show a picture? And kciaccio - where did you source your part from?

LV supposed to arrive tomorrow...I'd like to protect what I can - unfortunately there's no cliffy's available yet for the Pinball Brother's version (yet!).

Also I saw earlier in a thread (can't find it) something about cutting a black piece of plastic or rubber - does anyone have any day one recommendations list consolidated? Bought brand new ballz, so that's about all I can do right now. Setup and first game with any luck tomorrow.

#6920 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

megaladon , can you show a picture? And kciaccio - where did you source your part from?
LV supposed to arrive tomorrow...I'd like to protect what I can - unfortunately there's no cliffy's available yet for the Pinball Brother's version (yet!).
Also I saw earlier in a thread (can't find it) something about cutting a black piece of plastic or rubber - does anyone have any day one recommendations list consolidated? Bought brand new ballz, so that's about all I can do right now. Setup and first game with any luck tomorrow.

I bought my set a while back before I got my machine didn’t realize they had a larger set for 70 bucks should’ve caught that one. You can put any regular cliffy magnet protector Or a cheaper mylar magnet hole protector on that central magnet that’s what I did. And my game came with a cliffy for the airlock hole.

https://www.pinballlife.com/mylar-magnet-protector.html

https://www.playfield-protectors.net/products/alien-standard-edition-2021-pinball-brothers-plastic-protectors

https://mezelmods.com/products/copy-of-hot-wheels-pinball-plastic-protectors

#6921 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

I bought my set a while back before I got my machine didn’t realize they had a larger set for 70 bucks should’ve caught that one. You can put any regular cliffy magnet protector Or a cheaper mylar magnet hole protector on that central magnet that’s what I did. And my game came with a cliffy for the airlock hole.
https://www.pinballlife.com/mylar-magnet-protector.html
https://www.playfield-protectors.net/products/alien-standard-edition-2021-pinball-brothers-plastic-protectors
https://mezelmods.com/products/copy-of-hot-wheels-pinball-plastic-protectors

Those sound good. Thanks - I wonder what the LV may already have installed (Playfield protector says Standard Edition, assume fine on LV)

#6922 2 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

Is it just the LEDs that freeze? Can you start a game, go into test mode, etc.? I'm curious if switches and coils are also affected.

I reported this months ago.
Lock up during attract mode: I left the game on and when I returned a couple of hours later the playfield lights were locked on, I could not start a game and the coindoor buttons didn't work. The backbox screen did react on pressing the flipper buttons.
So, yea, PB should know....

#6923 2 years ago

After having the game since December this happened yesterday (Vsn 2.6). I have triple checked all connections but no go. Does this mean it can only be a busted board? Have already put a ticket in but no reply yet.

IMG_8580 (resized).JPGIMG_8580 (resized).JPG
#6924 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

you are allowed to feel this way no doubt. I almost did that with a Stern I could not get to play right, but ended up turning out ok. I did sell the game shortly after but not until 1000 plays were on it, lol.
If the issue is software -like it seems to be - I suspect they will release a fix shortly. The more people report this the better so those of you with the game at home maybe let it run all day tomorrow and report to PB. They might be able to release a code update shortly.
Hang in there! you will be happy you did!
Just give it one more chance I think you are almost there!

Almost happened to me with early SV for sure... Being a newb and having boards, cables, xeno, etc. all needing attention it was overwhelming for me. Almost dumped it as the "excitement" of it was tarnished. THat being said, Pbros support is on the money. All issues are resolved and i am so glad i kept the machine.. it plays fast and mean and when you are "in the pipe 5 x 5" you are wracking up a billion on the ticker... great, immersive pin. Hope it starts to get the love it deserves.

#6925 2 years ago

Well I'm happy to report I left the game on all night and it didn't lock up. Still plays great. I've decided I'm going to roll the dice and put her back out in location. Wish me luck.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6926 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Wish me luck

Good Luck.... hope the coinbox will be full, and fingers crossed for no issues

#6927 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Well I'm happy to report I left the game on all night and it didn't lock up. Still plays great. I've decided I'm going to roll the dice and put her back out in location. Wish me luck.

Same here... no lockups since yesterday after leaving it on. Now I'm not sure if I ever saw it lock up with 2.6.. maybe that was a 2.4 bug? Will let you know if I see it happen again.

#6928 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

have you made any other changes since the last time you reported this? Just curious and for future reference.

And good luck!

#6929 2 years ago

have you made any other changes since the last time you reported this? Just curious and for future reference.
And good luck!

I performed a factory reset but I thought I had done that before so I'm not 100% sure. The game is on and running still with no issues.

#6930 2 years ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

After having the game since December this happened yesterday (Vsn 2.6). I have triple checked all connections but no go. Does this mean it can only be a busted board? Have already put a ticket in but no reply yet.
[quoted image]

PB has replied and asked for more info which I have now supplied.
I will keep you all posted.

#6931 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

This is the set I got along with the playfield protector.
I would suggest getting some slightly longer screws when installing. With the added thickness some of the screws barely get bite when re-installing.

#6932 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I would suggest getting some slightly longer screws when installing. With the added thickness some of the screws barely get bite when re-installing.

I was just about to buy some, but $60 for shipping with Express the only option? That's seems a bit nuts. $70 for protectors + $60 shipping? Is that right?

#6933 2 years ago

maybe just add a washer over the post like Stern does with the slings?

#6934 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I was just about to buy some, but $60 for shipping with Express the only option? That's seems a bit nuts. $70 for protectors + $60 shipping? Is that right?

playfield-protectors.com (appears to be the same company as playfield-protectors.net) is doing free shipping to Allentown Pinfest at the beginning of next month. International shipping prices are ridiculous right now. Perhaps we could work something out where you order, I pick up at the show and then ship USPS to CA? Must fit in a small or medium flat rate box I would think. I ordered mine this morning. Cut off date for free shipping to the show ends Sunday though.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6935 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I got the playfield protector at the same time so the shipping made sense for me.
If you are not getting a playfield protector I see your point.

#6936 2 years ago

Anyone ever do a playfield protector AFTER breaking in the game (say 400 plus plays)?

#6937 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Anyone ever do a playfield protector AFTER breaking in the game (say 400 plus plays)?

I did mine after 100 plays. I decided to take it to the Houston Expo last November and would only do it if I installed a protector.

#6938 2 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Dumb question
Went to 2.6 and having small issues would like to go back to 2.4
Anyone have a link for 2.4? Having trouble finding it

Ok I have an LV (or will shortly) - where can I grab the 2.6 Firmware from? Not seeing it on their site. Thanks,

Sorry never mind, found it: https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/home

#6939 2 years ago

I am not a fan of the protectors.
After seeing the bhutanburg guys going on the pf with a sledgehammer, is it really needed?

#6940 2 years ago

I am not a fan of the protectors.
After seeing the bhutanburg guys going on the pf with a sledgehammer, is it really needed?

It still dimples and (apparently) scratches badly if your balls are damaged per an earlier post...

#6941 2 years ago

Yes, the pf is...weirdly delicate. Don't use microfiber on them. Use 100% cotton. It does dimple, I think dimples show up more on black gloss (when lit).

That being said, I would think scratches could be buffed out at some point.

#6942 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yes, the pf is...weirdly delicate. Don't use microfiber on them. Use 100% cotton. It does dimple, I think dimples show up more on black gloss (when lit).
That being said, I would think scratches could be buffed out at some point.

There is a lot of black and therefore swirl marks will show more when polishing the clear incorrectly (using the wrong cleaner and rug and fingers and/or with use/play)
It is clearcoat, therefore, it can be polished out as any other automotive clear if you do it right and with the right tools is a lot easier.

Anything painted black and clear coated has a bad tendency to show defects and with the incorrect technique you are introducing more scratches, the black colour underneath the clear makes it standout more than a lighter colour.

Polishing well by hand is very slow and tedious, people get tired and apply too much pressure to speed up the process which turns into more scratches and a mediocre polishing job.

It was asked before what cars and pinball have in common and that is clearcoat. It does not matter what substrate it is on (wood or metal) paint is paint and it behaves the same way.

If you are seeing scratches after using microfiber it is mostly due to your technique but it is an easy fix: I recommend you switch over to a forced rotation device. Meguiar’s makes a drill attachment that is great to fit inside the cab.

Lastly, Other colours are more forgiving but the scratches are atill there. If you think this is just a thing of this Pf it is not, it is just that is black and it just shows wear and tear more than a pf with more distracting colours patterns etc.

Enough now of this clear nonsense, please continue with more Alien!

#6943 2 years ago

There is a lot of black and therefore swirl marks will show more when polishing the clear incorrectly (using the wrong cleaner and rug and fingers and/or with use/play)
It is clearcoat, therefore, it can be polished out as any other automotive clear if you do it right and with the right tools is a lot easier.
Anything painted black and clear coated has a bad tendency to show defects and with the incorrect technique you are introducing more scratches, the black colour underneath the clear makes it standout more than a lighter colour.
Polishing well by hand is very slow and tedious, people get tired and apply too much pressure to speed up the process which turns into more scratches and a mediocre polishing job.
It was asked before what cars and pinball have in common and that is clearcoat. It does not matter what substrate it is on (wood or metal) paint is paint and it behaves the same way.
If you are seeing scratches after using microfiber it is mostly due to your technique but it is an easy fix: I recommend you switch over to a forced rotation device. Meguiar’s makes a drill attachment that is great to fit inside the cab.
Lastly, Other colours are more forgiving but the scratches are atill there. If you think this is just a thing of this Pf it is not, it is just that is black and it just shows wear and tear more than a pf with more distracting colours patterns etc.

Enough now of this clear nonsense, please continue with more Alien!

our Rick and Morty playfield does not exhibit this and there are over 1000 plays. Looks like a sheet of glass, comparatively.

It isn't something insignificant or "nonsense" as you call it. This is the first time I have to think about getting a freakin' drill attachment to clean up a ball trail.

This clear coat is trash (on our lv at least).

#6944 2 years ago

La

PB actually call out not to use microfiber. I tested it to see..and indeed it scratches very easily.

I agree about the color, which is why I called it out.

#6945 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

PB actually call out not to use microfiber. I tested it to see..and indeed it scratches very easily.
I agree about the color, which is why I called it out.

Interesting. I am surprised to hear this, specially after seeing these guys hammering the PF with sledgehammers.
I have never been able to get ball trails off any PF 100% by hand and not expecting this to be different on a black pf.

Rick and morty isn’t black and if you look closely I bet the trails are probably there too after cleaning just better disguised in the clear/lighter colours.

As per the nonsense, I was referring to my own explanation.

I have a few hundred hours behind a polisher and know a thing or two about fixing paint (and clear) and I can put scratches on any clear with a microfiber.

Last question, if you can catch a nail on the ball trail then yes the clear is bad (deeply scratched) if not, you are just seeing it more due to the dark nature of the pf.

I am not defending PB nor the quality of the Pf,I am just trying to give me insight about paint work.

I dont think the clear is trash. Or it would not survive the sledgehammer shown in the video.

#6946 2 years ago

**UPDATE*** Rookie move..found it on coin door..Thanks for the tip "Flipper Room"

Ok - LV getting setup - anyone know where the key for the top box/area is located? I'm not seeing it...just the standard quarter lock

#6947 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I see that their plastic protectors are cut to the same size of the plastic (not marginally larger like I'm familiar with on protectors I've used in other games). Do you think that it adequately provides protection from the ball or is there still a chance that the ball could make enough impact on the game plastics to damage or crack it?

#6948 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

**UPDATE*** Rookie move..found it on coin door..Thanks for the tip "Flipper Room"
Ok - LV getting setup - anyone know where the key for the top box/area is located? I'm not seeing it...just the standard quarter lock

look on coin door on a mechanism.. little wire hanger thingy..shoudl be right there

#6949 2 years ago

Sorry for this post bc I thought Id read about this issue in this thread, for the life of me I just cant find it!

Im having an issue where 1) my autolauncher often 'doublefires', as though it think there is a ball in the lane, sometimes right after first launch, sometimes during gameplay, and 2) sometimes the autolauncher fires, and then the game puts a ball into the lane and fires, and continues to do so until you inevitably let too many go down and your turn ends. Often this starts to hapoen during Ambush or Sentry guns, but I think it has occured at other times too. Anybody have ideas? Right inlane and shooter are working well in switch test..

#6950 2 years ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

Sorry for this post bc I thought Id read about this issue in this thread, for the life of me I just cant find it!
Im having an issue where 1) my autolauncher often 'doublefires', as though it think there is a ball in the lane, sometimes right after first launch, sometimes during gameplay, and 2) sometimes the autolauncher fires, and then the game puts a ball into the lane and fires, and continues to do so until you inevitably let too many go down and your turn ends. Often this starts to hapoen during Ambush or Sentry guns, but I think it has occured at other times too. Anybody have ideas? Right inlane and shooter are working well in switch test..

The first issue is a known issue. I reported it, but was told it is not a priority because it doesn't affect gameplay. They will fix that eventually. Second issue I'm pretty sure is caused by the kicker strength. Try setting the ball eject to 20% less power.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
There are 18,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/139?hl=kciaccio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.