2702EF4A-76D7-4D61-9210-CF410C594601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2711 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240325_231501 (resized).jpg
A6A6E2A3-579E-429A-93D8-6B77FC42C7B9 (resized).jpeg
69A6272E-06A0-46AB-882E-6F56825BDB2F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 372.
#6851 1 year ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Yeah I’ve tried adjusting the nuts on the bottom and nothing. Even cranking up to 50% stronger it’s hit or miss with it making up the ramp. I think it’s a coil I’m not sure what’s going?

Try taking a slow mo video of the ball in action to see if it’s just weak or is hitting something. On my buddies the bottom wire form was spread too wide and it was actually hitting the plastic below. A simple squeeze of the wire form fixed it.

C2C9EA1D-645E-4B85-B9AA-1DE3BF1A0C56 (resized).jpegC2C9EA1D-645E-4B85-B9AA-1DE3BF1A0C56 (resized).jpeg

#6852 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Try taking a slow mo video of the ball in action to see if it’s just weak or is hitting something. On my buddies the bottom wire form was spread too wide and it was actually hitting the plastic below. A simple squeeze of the wire form fixed it.
[quoted image]

great to know thanks. what was the best tool for the job here? quick squeeze on a vise or pliers?

#6853 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

great to know thanks. what was the best tool for the job here? quick squeeze on a vise or pliers?

I just used my hand. Just bent a little which made a big difference. I didn't want to use pliers and scratch the metal.

#6854 1 year ago

I am happy to report that "Assholes and Elbows" line did make it in during the combat drop mode. Just no video going with the phrase!

#6855 1 year ago

Had a group over on the weekend. Alien was on for 6 to 7 hours non-stop and worked flawlessly. Everyone agreed the game is awesome!

#6856 1 year ago

Sexy MU-TH-UR

E696C34C-E33C-48B6-8A76-DF484C5E83EC (resized).jpegE696C34C-E33C-48B6-8A76-DF484C5E83EC (resized).jpeg
#6858 1 year ago

My wife loves this game. I think I need to get out the hammer drill and start setting anchors for the concrete.

#6859 1 year ago

Dumb question
Went to 2.6 and having small issues would like to go back to 2.4
Anyone have a link for 2.4? Having trouble finding it

#6860 1 year ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Dumb question

What kind of issues are you having. My game seems to be playing great with 2.6 except I've been leaving it on to let the new electronics burn in and I found it locked up once. Other than that it seems to be working great.

#6861 1 year ago

Just spoke to Mageek. My mistake. He says 2.6 is good.

I thought he said he was still having issues with 2.6, but it's good.

So scratch this: "Mageek and I are sticking with 2.4 for now. He went to 2.6 and found a few bugs. 2.4 with some coil adjustments is fantastic. PM me your email and I'll check with Mageek. I suspect he has 2.4."

#6862 1 year ago

Dumb question

https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80000956738-alien-delta-game-update-2-6-

At the bottom of the page.

#6863 1 year ago

Are these code problems just on the SV or are the few LV out there affected by it as well?

#6864 1 year ago

I haven't seen any really big bugs on 2.6 on SV. I highly recommend doing a factory reset before upgrading though.

#6865 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Are these code problems just on the SV or are the few LV out there affected by it as well?

Sorry my mistake, just spoke with Mageek. All is good with 2.6 at least with Kevin's testing and he plays Alien alot .

#6866 1 year ago

any video of the LV?

#6867 1 year ago

I contacted them after updating to 2.6 I was getting resets during Ambush multiball maybe four or five times in 30 games. They recommended I go back to 2.4 as everything was fine at 2.4, and that more or less 2.6 was mostly for LV games and I have an SV

#6868 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I haven't seen any really big bugs on 2.6 on SV. I highly recommend doing a factory reset before upgrading though.

I did a factory reset after updating to 2.6 after the first reset .
I didn’t really bug me that it was resetting but obviously I just can’t go on forever like that

#6869 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

What kind of issues are you having. My game seems to be playing great with 2.6 except I've been leaving it on to let the new electronics burn in and I found it locked up once. Other than that it seems to be working great.

Ambush multiball resets

#6870 1 year ago

We are really digging this game

#6871 1 year ago

Also wanted to say that they responded pretty freaking fast for a Pinball company with the helpful suggestion

#6873 1 year ago

Thank you I would have never found that

I’m probably just tired and I’m just not seeing it but I I see were the description of the update it’s located I don’t see any link to actually download it

#6874 1 year ago

Ya I’m a idiot found it

I’m probably just tired and I’m just not seeing it but I I see were the description of the update it’s located I don’t see any link to actually download it

#6875 1 year ago

He also said to just play it on 2.4 and let him know and give feedback on anything I see on the 2.4 when I go back when I get home from work today I’ll switch back and play tonight

I wasn’t having any problems really on the two. Four just a blank screen at start up occasionally and that didn’t really bother me

#6876 1 year ago

I'm on code 2.6 and during ambush the lights all stopped working and the xeno froze with the ball stuck to it. I ended up finishing the game with no playfield lights. Displays were working fine as well as switches. Is this the same thing you guys are seeing? I'm wondering if this is another hardware issue for me or the code.

The light boards all locked up last night as well with it just in attract mode.

A reset seemed to fix it each time but I can't have that happen on route.

#6877 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

I'm on code 2.6 and during ambush the lights all stopped working and the xeno froze with the ball stuck to it. I ended up finishing the game with no playfield lights. Displays were working fine as well as switches. Is this the same thing you guys are seeing? I'm wondering if this is another hardware issue for me or the code.
The light boards all locked up last night as well with it just in attract mode.
A reset seemed to fix it each time but I can't have that happen on route.

Is this on the LV or SV?

What firmware version is installed?

#6878 1 year ago

What does 2.6 code offer over 2.4. I am 2.4 out of box and the pin is perfect. SV owner.

#6879 1 year ago
Quoted from bcd:

Is this on the LV or SV?
What firmware version is installed?

SV fw .57

#6880 1 year ago

Anyone got any insight into the audio? I'm finding the callouts are far too overpowering compared to the music. I've been pulling the "sample" and "speech" setting from 100 (default) all the way down to 1, with "music" at 100, and the balance is exactly the same.

I've also got bass boost turned to max on the physical dial, but wish there was a fader as I feel the balance is skewed toward the backbox speakers.

#6881 1 year ago

I thought only LV's had firmware .57. SV is on .56 until the .70 update is available. Could this be the issue? You opened a ticket with Pbros?

#6882 1 year ago

I have the LV and 2.5 is installed right out of the box.No problems whatsoever

#6883 1 year ago

So it wasn't just me... may want to take note. I am using a USB 3.0 and will not download any updates. now I have to find an older one.

Screenshot_20220413-085416_Gmail (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220413-085416_Gmail (resized).jpg
#6884 1 year ago

So apparently 3.0 USB sticks won't work...

Screenshot_20220413-085416_Gmail (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220413-085416_Gmail (resized).jpg
#6885 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

I thought only LV's had firmware .57. SV is on .56 until the .70 update is available. Could this be the issue? You opened a ticket with Pbros?

I still have a ticket open with them with all the issues I've been having with the game.

Maybe the .57 FW came with the replacement I/O board I was sent? The game is working better now but it still locks up in attract mode if I leave it on for a few hours. I will leave it on then come down and all the playfield lights are locked on blue. It happened twice yesterday.

I did run the burn in mode for about 3 hours with no issues but there's still something wrong with the game.

I'm hoping I can just get rid of the machine at this point. It is fun and nice to look at but just isn't reliable enough to put on route at this time. Great home player for sure.

#6886 1 year ago

Just listed my game in the marketplace if someone is looking for one and wants it now vs waiting.

#6887 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

I still have a ticket open with them with all the issues I've been having with the game.
Maybe the .57 FW came with the replacement I/O board I was sent? The game is working better now but it still locks up in attract mode if I leave it on for a few hours. I will leave it on then come down and all the playfield lights are locked on blue. It happened twice yesterday.
I did run the burn in mode for about 3 hours with no issues but there's still something wrong with the game.
I'm hoping I can just get rid of the machine at this point. It is fun and nice to look at but just isn't reliable enough to put on route at this time. Great home player for sure.

I think a ticket needs to be open for that attract mode lockup issue. I've seen it once recently when I left my machine on all day. I rarely ever leave it on for more than a couple hours, which is probably why I've only seen it happen once. Maybe a memory leak of some kind. We probably need some more people confirming this to convince someone at PB that it is a widespread problem. Anyone else who has seen lockups in attract mode, let's hear from you. I never saw the machines at TPF lock up, but they were constantly being played... never in attract mode for more than a few seconds.

#6888 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

I think a ticket needs to be open for that attract mode lockup issue. I've seen it once recently when I left my machine on all day. I rarely ever leave it on for more than a couple hours, which is probably why I've only seen it happen once. Maybe a memory leak of some kind. We probably need some more people confirming this to convince someone at PB that it is a widespread problem. Anyone else who has seen lockups in attract mode, let's hear from you. I never saw the machines at TPF lock up, but they were constantly being played... never in attract mode for more than a few seconds.

I can ask Adreas if I need to create a different ticket. I definitely think it's a software bug as the lights were locked on as blue both times which could be a coincidence. I have the machine on currently and will see if it happens again.

#6889 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

I can ask Adreas if I need to create a different ticket. I definitely think it's a software bug as the lights were locked on as blue both times which could be a coincidence. I have the machine on currently and will see if it happens again.

after all you went through and the effort put in by PB support and yourself, I feel you are throwing the towel just right before this is a 100% reliable unit.
I feel you are close and you are losing your shirt here at that price.
Maybe just wait for their response before selling?

#6890 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Is it just the LEDs that freeze? Can you start a game, go into test mode, etc.? I'm curious if switches and coils are also affected.

#6891 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

My lights were locked on blue when I saw it happen too. Very interesting! I'll leave my machine on today and see if I can reproduce it.

#6892 1 year ago

after all you went through and the effort put in by PB support and yourself, I feel you are throwing the towel just right before this is a 100% reliable unit.

I've had this experience before. After going through issue after issue with a particular game (and getting minimal time to play), you eventually lose the love. You burn out and just want to move on. I can feel for him.

#6893 1 year ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I've had this experience before. After going through issue after issue with a particular game (and getting minimal time to play), you eventually lose the love. You burn out and just want to move on. I can feel for him.

no doubt, it happens, but it seems like he is just one step away and if it is software issue (which it is) this is going to be fixed in a software release.

#6894 1 year ago

Anyone have any word on when the next boat to the US is due? According to Melissa, this boat was supposed to have some SV's in it but only had LV's.

#6895 1 year ago

I can't have a machine that locks up all the time on route. I just think this machine isn't ready for location use which is what I purchased it for. I'm cutting my losses. If PB resolves the issues before the machine sells then I will put it back on route. I'm just burned out with the whole experience. I appreciate your positivity.

#6896 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

I can't have a machine that locks up all the time on route. I just think this machine isn't ready for location use which is what I purchased it for. I'm cutting my losses. If PB resolves the issues before the machine sells then I will put it back on route. I'm just burned out with the whole experience. I appreciate your positivity.

you are allowed to feel this way no doubt. I almost did that with a Stern I could not get to play right, but ended up turning out ok. I did sell the game shortly after but not until 1000 plays were on it, lol.

If the issue is software -like it seems to be - I suspect they will release a fix shortly. The more people report this the better so those of you with the game at home maybe let it run all day tomorrow and report to PB. They might be able to release a code update shortly.

Hang in there! you will be happy you did!
Just give it one more chance I think you are almost there!

#6897 1 year ago
Quoted from Manbearpig:

So it wasn't just me... may want to take note. I am using a USB 3.0 and will not download any updates. now I have to find an older one.
[quoted image]

Which version do you need?

#6898 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Anyone have any word on when the next boat to the US is due? According to Melissa, this boat was supposed to have some SV's in it but only had LV's.

Gain of salt. Two weeks was passed to me yesterday through email with Cointaker.

The Earth isnt what it was three years ago. And authority doesnt want it put back the same…

1598BB24-DCDB-4583-A848-2F89C0934C5F (resized).jpeg1598BB24-DCDB-4583-A848-2F89C0934C5F (resized).jpeg
#6899 1 year ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Gain of salt. Two weeks was passed to me yesterday through email with Cointaker.
The Earth isnt what it was three years ago. And authority doesnt want it put back the same…[quoted image]

I'm no business elite, but if I were Cointaker, I would put up a simple web page that displayed the latest shipping status of all machines people are waiting on. How much time would that save Melissa if she had a simple editable web page she could update on a regular basis? Seems like common sense to me, but maybe there is some downside to doing such a thing that I'm not seeing. All this, "Is it there yet?" talk is really unnecessary if a simple status web page existed.

#6900 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

I'm no business elite, but if I were Cointaker, I would put up a simple web page that displayed the latest shipping status of all machines people are waiting on. How much time would that save Melissa if she had a simple editable web page she could update on a regular basis? Seems like common sense to me, but maybe there is some downside to doing such a thing that I'm not seeing. All this, "Is it there yet?" talk is really unnecessary if a simple status web page existed.

Are you saying work "Smarter not Harder"???

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders
Pinball Machine
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Broadway, VA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs
Displays
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 372.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/138?hl=jdub03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.