100_0962 (resized).JPG
100_0952 (resized).JPG
b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 377.
#6801 2 years ago

For anyone having volume issues:
I removed the "J14" cable from these directions and checked the fuses and reseated the cables.
I then rebuilt to v. 2.2.
Volume adjustment worked.
Updated to v 2.6 and volume adjustment is still working

#6802 2 years ago

Sorry prob missed it somewhere, what leaf switches have people changed to for the flippers please?

#6803 2 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Cmon man…cliff hanger!!

Tell me about it! Been hanging out for the differences

#6804 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

What sort of bend am I looking for? I can’t see any obvious bends it does seem to twist a little? It seems to happen most on multi ball which is what makes me think it’s some sort of power drain?
[quoted image][quoted image]

On my game, often the shooter wouldnt make it up the ramp, tried turning 'autolaunch' up but what fixed it was making two adjustments to the wireform. 1) flange the wires at the ramp entrance up 2) make sure the rubber stopper is tilted back so balls arent bouncing back down
68c0f83678fe66482222efafdef5de2135ad8725~3.jpg68c0f83678fe66482222efafdef5de2135ad8725~3.jpg

#6805 2 years ago
Quoted from scottydoesntknow:

Sorry prob missed it somewhere, what leaf switches have people changed to for the flippers please?

I dont think this can be done until the new hardware update is released. Also I think there will need to be a wiring diagram released to explain how to do it
Edit - sorry after rereading - people are switching to Stern leaf switches for a firmer feel. I thought you were referring to 'double stack' switches

#6806 2 years ago

I’ve had SV for 1.5 months or so and just move from 6.5 to almost 7.5- wow this is way better. Faster, less floaty (not ave stern fast but still really nice). Orbits and ramps feel better too. For anyone who hasn’t messed around with pitch it’s worth tryin out.

#6807 2 years ago

What is Extra section under ball up on the screen? I see a little symbol there grayed out. What is that section for?

#6808 2 years ago

You're asking about the line directly below "Ball Up"? That tells you how many Extra Balls you have collected.

#6809 2 years ago

I'll post back with the official audits from pinbrew.

Some issues:

-Hypersleep ramp: ball was getting stuck, tabs in, tabs out, plastic on/off, attempted to move the sides of the left part of the ramp forward but no matter what it would bind at the apex of the hypersleep's curve. Poor Jerry and his rig (used some flipper silicone to keep the back wall bent back far enough to make the clearance)

-face hugger binds in left sling, sticks forward, preventing contact and results in a dead sling (will tear into this tomorrow)

-the bb was damaged from pb (use the cardboard protectors and stop torquing this down so tight)

-the playfield that was like a mirror now looks like this:

IMG_20220410_002220.jpgIMG_20220410_002220.jpgIMG_20220410_002230.jpgIMG_20220410_002230.jpgIMG_20220410_002242.jpgIMG_20220410_002242.jpg

Scratched to hell... not sure what to make of this. The balls I took out of the machine were scratched deeply enough I could catch a ridge.

I couldn't even clean up the ball trails from in front of the flippers. I had AIQ at pinbrew last year with a crap tonne of plays and the dirt just wiped right up.

Thoughts?

#6810 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

You're asking about the line directly below "Ball Up"? That tells you how many Extra Balls you have collected.

Aww yes, if I got extra balls, I'd probably know about that by now

#6811 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Some issues:
-Hypersleep ramp: ball was getting stuck, tabs in, tabs out, plastic on/off, attempted to move the sides of the left part of the ramp forward but no matter what it would bind at the apex of the hypersleep's curve. Poor Jerry and his rig (used some flipper silicone to keep the back wall bent back far enough to make the clearance)
-face hugger binds in left sling, sticks forward, preventing contact and results in a dead sling (will tear into this tomorrow)
-the bb was damaged from pb (use the cardboard protectors and stop torquing this down so tight)
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
Scratched to hell... not sure what to make of this. The balls I took out of the machine were scratched deeply enough I could catch a ridge.
I couldn't even clean up the ball trails from in front of the flippers. I had AIQ at pinbrew last year with a crap tonne of plays and the dirt just wiped right up.
Thoughts?

Hypersleep ramp... check to see if the Pbros service bulletin on "hang' applies. Did you try to mess with teh long guide post at all? I found on mine i needed to apply slight pressure on this post towards rear of pin. i did that with ball inside the mech... once it is aligned, it pops the ball out. Crazy but that is what worked.

Facehugger..check to make sure the mech is fully aligned coil and stop could be out of alignments

Balls and scratches... same here.. stock balls are shit and shoudl be tosssed on day one. Novus 2 on the bad ones and a good wax helps.

#6812 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Hypersleep ramp... check to see if the Pbros service bulletin on "hang' applies. Did you try to mess with teh long guide post at all? I found on mine i needed to apply slight pressure on this post towards rear of pin. i did that with ball inside the mech... once it is aligned, it pops the ball out. Crazy but that is what worked.
Facehugger..check to make sure the mech is fully aligned coil and stop could be out of alignments
Balls and scratches... same here.. stock balls are shit and shoudl be tosssed on day one. Novus 2 on the bad ones and a good wax helps.

Are you able to get the dirt up from a ball trail? I'm a big guy, can put my elbow into it, have cleaned and waxed plenty of playfield huo and heavily routed, this is the first time I can't get the ball trails up with novus 2.

#6813 2 years ago

We had a similar issue on a r+m recently... Slightly bad balls, some light scratches, thought they'd come right out. Ended up having to get an electric buffer and just grind at it for a while.

#6814 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Some issues:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
Thoughts?

Isopropil alcohol 99%. Works the same as nafta.

If does not come off, remove the bottom section and polish with a double action forced rotation polisher and polish.

Meguiars sells a da attachment for a drill that is the perfect size for polishing a pinball.

Good luck.

#6815 2 years ago
IMG_20220410_110101.jpgIMG_20220410_110101.jpgIMG_20220410_110315.jpgIMG_20220410_110315.jpgIMG_20220410_110403.jpgIMG_20220410_110403.jpgIMG_20220410_110428.jpgIMG_20220410_110428.jpg
#6816 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

nice collection, show us a few more pics..

#6817 2 years ago

Went looking for the amp to dial up the sub.

I assume this is supposed to be connected...
IMG_20220410_111919.jpgIMG_20220410_111919.jpg

IMG_20220410_112205.jpgIMG_20220410_112205.jpg

That is presumably a hot wire for "backbox extension out"

I was told this had a lit up backboard, mine doesn't light... I wonder if this is what that goes to?

Now I have to see if there are any molex pins laying around and get busy crimpin' or get busy dyin'.

Anyone know what this connector does? The other one does the backbox LED.

#6818 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

nice collection, show us a few more pics..

IMG_20220410_113215.jpgIMG_20220410_113215.jpg
#6819 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

[quoted image]

Very nice, never seen the machine on the left??

#6820 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

when did LV's start shipping?

#6821 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Very nice, never seen the machine on the left??

That is Nightmare Before Christmas Remake (NBXr).

Marki Incitti originally designed it and I remade the whole thing from scratch.

It will be at Pinbrew 2023 next year (and maybe a couple shows this year if I can get the time off).

#6822 2 years ago
Quoted from Sixtieskid:

when did LV's start shipping?

Not sure. I know delt got his about 2 days ago.

#6823 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Not sure. I know delt got his about 2 days ago.

I got mine one day before TPF.

#6824 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

It will be at Pinbrew 2023 next year (and maybe a couple shows this year if I can get the time off).

Very cool.....bring it to TPF next year. When u get a sec would love to see the PF.

#6825 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

By scratch you mean it's not a re-themed older machine?
More pics when you have a chance would be awesome!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6826 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

By scratch you mean it's not a re-themed older machine?
More pics when you have a chance would be awesome!

Correct. Original layout, custom mechs, built and coded from the ground up.

#6827 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Correct. Original layout, custom mechs, built and coded from the ground up.

great theme too!

#6828 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Are you able to get the dirt up from a ball trail? I'm a big guy, can put my elbow into it, have cleaned and waxed plenty of playfield huo and heavily routed, this is the first time I can't get the ball trails up with novus 2.

For a moment... then i play the crap out of it and they return.

#6829 2 years ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

On my game, often the shooter wouldnt make it up the ramp, tried turning 'autolaunch' up but what fixed it was making two adjustments to the wireform. 1) flange the wires at the ramp entrance up 2) make sure the rubber stopper is tilted back so balls arent bouncing back down
[quoted image]

Yeah I’ve tried adjusting the nuts on the bottom and nothing. Even cranking up to 50% stronger it’s hit or miss with it making up the ramp. I think it’s a coil I’m not sure what’s going?

#6830 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

We had a similar issue on a r+m recently... Slightly bad balls, some light scratches, thought they'd come right out. Ended up having to get an electric buffer and just grind at it for a while.

this is my next step... yep.

#6831 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

this is my next step... yep.

Don’t look at the ball drop under the right sling LOL definitely needs some mylar

#6832 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Are you able to get the dirt up from a ball trail? I'm a big guy, can put my elbow into it, have cleaned and waxed plenty of playfield huo and heavily routed, this is the first time I can't get the ball trails

For a moment... then i play the crap out of it and they return.

I owned a car detailing business, have many many many hours behind a polisher and fixing “paint”.
Not wanting to hijack this thread with this info but people just need to stop using the wrong products for the job destroying PF using compounds for plastic on automotive clear coat.

Clean your pf with isopropyl alcohol and if the trails are still there something more adequate that novus can be used and also applier efficiently with a forced rotation accessory.

Please continue with more awesome Alien stuff!

#6833 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

[quoted image]

Hope it's a walkout, my back hurts looking at the pic.

#6834 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Don’t look at the ball drop under the right sling LOL definitely needs some mylar

Mylard the drops on day 1.. magenet protections as well.. so at least that was covered then.

#6835 2 years ago

Guys check your hypersleep lock area, the 2 holes for the optos. Mine had very bad swarf left from the manufacturer and were scratching the pinballs badly. I fixed the holes and replaced the balls with standard carbon from pinball life. I polish them up with the hole in wood trick on the buffer for a bit of bling.

I have 2 guys wanting the blue LV translite set and 2 wanting the green SV inspired set. If anyone still wants one let me know...need 5 per colour to do a run economically. I think I'll pull it up after this 5 so no more moving forward please. Thank you to those who contacted me and liked them! No pic of the Blue installed sorry..but looks great on the bench.
Damn Queen nearly bit my thumb off !
20220201_140503 (resized).jpg20220201_140503 (resized).jpgreceived_1639569626388100 (resized).jpegreceived_1639569626388100 (resized).jpegreceived_394640885466368 (resized).jpegreceived_394640885466368 (resized).jpegreceived_5010954272357386 (resized).jpegreceived_5010954272357386 (resized).jpeg

#6836 2 years ago

So the saga continues.

I received a large box from pinball bros and it contained:

1. Replacement I/O Board
2. New right side coil power harness
3. USB, HDMI and power harness that goes from the backbox to the I/O board
4. a Box with all coils and magnets to replace the entire right side
5. All new white PCBs for mounting underneath the machine

I decided to take a phased approach because holy shit that's a lot of work on a new machine to replace all of that.

I started by installing the new I/O board provided and then just unplugged the right side coil power harness just to remove the possibility of a short.

Of course the new I/O board will not detect in my game. The old I/O board with the bad right side was booting up fine and that's what I had removed.

I then installed the new USB, HDMI and power harness from the backbox to the I/O board. I used my meter and checked continuity and labeled all the connections to make sure they were all plugged in correctly and the damn thing still doesn't recognize in my game.

I updated my code to 2.6 thinking maybe the I/O board is like a node board and it might have to have some matching firmware to work. That didn't do anything except the machine is now updated to the latest code

I updated my ticket back to PB to see what the next steps are. They told me this I/O board was burned in for 16 hours before they sent it to me.

I really don't like this shotgun approach to fixing this thing.

#6837 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

So the saga continues.
I received a large box from pinball bros and it contained:
1. Replacement I/O Board
2. New right side coil power harness
3. USB, HDMI and power harness that goes from the backbox to the I/O board
4. a Box with all coils and magnets to replace the entire right side
5. All new white PCBs for mounting underneath the machine
I decided to take a phased approach because holy shit that's a lot of work on a new machine to replace all of that.
I started by installing the new I/O board provided and then just unplugged the right side coil power harness just to remove the possibility of a short.
Of course the new I/O board will not detect in my game. The old I/O board with the bad right side was booting up fine and that's what I had removed.
I then installed the new USB, HDMI and power harness from the backbox to the I/O board. I used my meter and checked continuity and labeled all the connections to make sure they were all plugged in correctly and the damn thing still doesn't recognize in my game.
I updated my code to 2.6 thinking maybe the I/O board is like a node board and it might have to have some matching firmware to work. That didn't do anything except the machine is now updated to the latest code
I updated my ticket back to PB to see what the next steps are. They told me this I/O board was burned in for 16 hours before they sent it to me.
I really don't like this shotgun approach to fixing this thing.

I’d be happy to get such a goodie bag.

It is probably cheaper to ship one time that shipping it multiple times?

Good idea on reaching out to them. I think you will fix it soon.

#6838 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Guys check your hypersleep lock area, the 2 holes for the optos. Mine had very bad swarf left from the manufacturer and were scratching the pinballs badly. I fixed the holes and replaced the balls with standard carbon from pinball life. I polish them up with the hole in wood trick on the buffer for a bit of bling.
I have 2 guys wanting the blue LV translite set and 2 wanting the green SV inspired set. If anyone still wants one let me know...need 5 per colour to do a run ecomically. I think I'll pull it up after this 5 so no more moving forward please. Thank you to those who contacted me and liked them! No pic of the Blue installed sorry..but looks great on the bench.
Damn Queen nearly bit my thumb off !

What's the price and estimated shipping to the US?

#6839 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

What's the price and estimated shipping to the US?

Interested in this info as well.

#6840 2 years ago

Good news. Game is officially fixed. The IO board was the problem. I opened it up and the USB cable inside it had come loose probably in shipping.

#6841 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I owned a car detailing business, have many many many hours behind a polisher and fixing “paint”.
Not wanting to hijack this thread with this info but people just need to stop using the wrong products for the job destroying PF using compounds for plastic on automotive clear coat.
Clean your pf with isopropyl alcohol and if the trails are still there something more adequate that novus can be used and also applier efficiently with a forced rotation accessory.
Please continue with more awesome Alien stuff!

Quick question- what does car detailing have to do with cleaning a playfield? A playfield and a car fender are completely different materials. Are you sure it's a good idea to let alcohol absorb into the wood of a non cleared playfield ? I would be concerned it would promote planking or cause damge to the ink used for the art as well.

#6842 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Quick question- what does car detailing have to do with cleaning a playfield? A playfield and a car fender are completely different materials. Are you sure it's a good idea to let alcohol absorb into the wood of a non cleared playfield ? I would be concerned it would promote planking or cause damge to the ink used for the art as well.

Hahaha this is my time to shine since you trolled me in a different thread the other day.

Short answer: yes very good idea

Long answer:
There is a thread where you can learn about peoperly cleaning a PF. You should check it out.

Hahaha

#6843 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

[quoted image]

Is that open spot for a Halloween pin?

#6844 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Is that open spot for a Halloween pin?

Yeah - I haven't moved it down there yet.

#6845 2 years ago

Hahaha this is my time to shine since you trolled me in a different thread the other day.
Long answer:
There is a thread where you can learn about peoperly cleaning a PF. You should check it out.
Hahaha

Got a link? I'm curious how saucer holes and scoops are protected on the sides of the playfield. Also, you seem like a castanza by changing your answer to what you "should of said"

725994d0491afee09f1ae85057ab864b (resized).jpg725994d0491afee09f1ae85057ab864b (resized).jpg
#6846 2 years ago

Hi all, the custom translite set is 365 Australian dollars. Shipping depends on location. Send me a pm if you want to go ahead.

#6847 2 years ago

Favorite mode so far is combat drop
When you trying to land and you actually pull it off I love it

#6848 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Hi all, the custom translite set is 365 Australian dollars. Shipping depends on location. Send me a pm if you want to go ahead.

if I had an SV I would certainly consider it.
Very cool stuff.

Are there any other mods for this game besides this one and the ones made by McGeek?

#6849 2 years ago

You sure using isopropyl alcohol is a very good idea to recommend to others?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cleaning-and-waxing-pinball-machines-vids-guide

#6850 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Yeah I’ve tried adjusting the nuts on the bottom and nothing. Even cranking up to 50% stronger it’s hit or miss with it making up the ramp. I think it’s a coil I’m not sure what’s going?

Again: did you check if the nuts holding the coil are still tight?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/137?hl=moat-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.