20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2635 (resized).JPG
IMG_2634 (resized).JPG
IMG_2633 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 376.
#6651 2 years ago

Does anyone know what the warranty is on these machines? I still have not been able to get my machine working. I am beyond frustrated and I'm not sure what options I have. I have never dealt with a machine of such poor quality. I suspect there are some major design flaws in the electronics that are going to be popping up for people.

#6652 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Congrats for the new users hopefully you don’t have the trouble I’ve been having with my machine. Basically it’s an expensive coffee table at this point. Traced back all the USB connectors as recommended by customer service and they are all in the correct place. Other than waiting for a new USB connector Basically can’t do anything. On a positive note at least it gives me a chance to go out and enjoy the beautiful nature oh wait what is this?
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Did you make sure all the light board connections are in and proper? There is a chance one or two are not connected and that will give you the issue also. It's worth going under one more time. Every wire with a white plastic connector should have a place on every light board. If you do find one not connected plug it in and recycle/reboot the game.
Hope something like this works for you.

#6653 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

I don't suggest putting tape over the original backbox leds. They already run pretty hot, this would make it alot worse. A very bad idea imo.
I was actually glad to disconnect them to get heat away from the unit. Just removed and unplugged from the pcb inside.
The rear vents on the backbox are actually covered by the speaker mdf and I think used to vent the speakers.
I added centre vents to my machine for better ventilation of the backbox pc as well as a low dB fan as I have some spare..
LV translite art nearly ready to print and should be finalised today. Here is the original prototype version when I was testing the led strip in blue and green.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

???!

1E777A9E-DC2C-48AB-9296-1778053C20E1 (resized).jpeg1E777A9E-DC2C-48AB-9296-1778053C20E1 (resized).jpeg
#6654 2 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

???![quoted image]

If you are circling the JAWS pin, he made a custom Fish Tales Re-theme which is amazing. Pretty sure once whoever presumably Stern comes out with one it will look great next to Alien that’s for sure!

#6655 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

If you are circling the JAWS pin, he made a custom Fish Tales Re-theme which is amazing. Pretty sure once whoever presumably Stern comes out with one it will look great next to Alien that’s for sure!

People on here are just rad… and thank you for answering my question!

#6656 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Congrats for the new users hopefully you don’t have the trouble I’ve been having with my machine. Basically it’s an expensive coffee table at this point. Traced back all the USB connectors as recommended by customer service and they are all in the correct place. Other than waiting for a new USB connector Basically can’t do anything. On a positive note at least it gives me a chance to go out and enjoy the beautiful nature oh wait what is this?
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

I'll be following this. I believe there are major issues with the electronics on this game. Here's the total plays my game received before becoming an expensive brick as well. Unfortunately I think it's a matter of time before many others are in this same boat.

PXL_20220406_023207226.jpgPXL_20220406_023207226.jpg
#6657 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

dont inhale those spores!!

What a theme!! Ties everywhere.

The Androids are the deadly part. Ash witnessing a perfect organism and wanting it for corporate study. David last seen gallivanting across time with all the play toys an android with corporate backing would want save a spare hand and an extra battery.

#6658 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:I'll be following this. I believe there are major issues with the electronics on this game. Here's the total plays my game received before becoming an expensive brick as well. Unfortunately I think it's a matter of time before many others are in this same boat.
[quoted image]

Get hammering on support to help you out.

I disagree about major issues in the electronics. Cheapness, and questionable design decisions maybe. However, PB have been very good about working through the issues and seem to be fine throwing parts at ones that aren't working. They plan on selling a different machine after this so they have every interest in making sure people are happy with this one.

#6659 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Does anyone know what the warranty is on these machines? I still have not been able to get my machine working

Not sure about the warranty , but why would you not reach out to PB .. if anything in this thread it's proven they are very strong with customer support.
If your worried long term about issues why not sell the game, but frankly just like all other companies there are risks when buying from a new start up.
Currently you cannot get Stern Node boards , Williams has not been in business for decades yet parts and people's willingness are keeping them alive have kept those working.
Odd that you would not thought it through to check the warranty before purchase.
Sure someone would take this off your hands, they sell quick on the secondary market.
Good luck with your final decision.

#6660 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Does anyone know what the warranty is on these machines? I still have not been able to get my machine working. I am beyond frustrated and I'm not sure what options I have. I have never dealt with a machine of such poor quality. I suspect there are some major design flaws in the electronics that are going to be popping up for people.

The warranty is 6 months. There was a major design flaw in the electronics in the early produced models, but PB replaced my faulty boards with newer ones totally solving the issue. The newly released machines do not have the issues of the early production models. Open a ticket, explain in as much detail as possible your issue with pictures and there is no doubt in my mind that you will be taken care of.

#6661 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:The warranty is 6 months. There was a major design flaw in the electronics in the early produced models, but PB replaced my faulty boards with newer ones totally solving the issue. The newly released machines do not have the issues of the early production models. Open a ticket, explain in as much detail as possible your issue with pictures and there is no doubt in my mind that you will be taken care of.

I have one of the first LVs and installed the 2.5, set it for USA edition and immediately locked up. Reinstalled to 2.2 and attempted again to 2.5 (didn’t set the country since that is now a known bug) worked for a period of time and then rapidly fired my left flippers and then locked up my left flippers. Reinstalled 2.2 upgraded to 2.4 and then I/0 Board connection missing. Now I can’t access anything on my game for the last two days. Service buttons completely locked out nothing is accessible. Volume is incredibly loud every time I try to boot it up (Since I can’t turn it down without any Function buttons) and the shaker Activates every time I turn it off and on which can be a little aggravating. I have faith that Pinball brothers will come through and hopefully get me running but can’t say I’m not a little disappointed in the fact that these machines have been out in the wild And was hopeful I’d be at least playing more than 20 games before it shuts down. 2.6 is coming but doubtful it’ll help me if I can’t use any buttons to get to the service menu.

#6662 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

I have one of the first LVs and installed the 2.5, set it for USA edition and immediately locked up. Reinstalled to 2.2 and attempted again to 2.5 (didn’t set the country since that is now a known bug) worked for a period of time and then rapidly fired my left flippers and then locked up my left flippers. Reinstalled 2.2 upgraded to 2.4 and then I/0 Board connection missing. Now I can’t access anything on my game for the last two days. Service buttons completely locked out nothing is accessible. Volume is incredibly loud every time I try to boot it up (Since I can’t turn it down without any Function buttons) and the shaker Activates every time I turn it off and on which can be a little aggravating. I have faith that Pinball brothers will come through and hopefully get me running but can’t say I’m not a little disappointed in the fact that these machines have been out in the wild And was hopeful I’d be at least playing more than 20 games before it shuts down. 2.6 is coming but doubtful it’ll help me if I can’t use any buttons to get to the service menu.

I'm wondering of 2.2 - 2.4 are even supposed to work at all on the LV? Isn't 2.5 the minimum version you are supposed to run on an LV?

#6663 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I'm wondering of 2.2 - 2.4 are even supposed to work at all on the LV? Isn't 2.5 the minimum version you are supposed to run on an LV?

It’ll play any version but technically the 2.5 version has all the options for the LV like the shaker and Beacon lights but it was a mess for me so I don’t plan to upgrade to that version anytime soon. I don’t know if I have a faulty USB cord but it works for a second and locked back up so now I don’t know what to trust is it software or something else? Just got my flipper bats in though wish I could use them lol.

A680B6F8-2000-40AD-BE3A-19D946279B12 (resized).jpegA680B6F8-2000-40AD-BE3A-19D946279B12 (resized).jpeg
#6664 2 years ago

I didn't even bother with 2.5 because it seems so many people have issues with it. It is more or less what I expected when they decided to split the code for SV vs LV. Give them some time to hash it out. They seem dedicated.

You said 'usb cord' did you try just plugging it straight in? And...USB sticks are known to be flaky in general when it comes to this method, some boards are picky about which sticks you use. It is generally recommended to have a couple different ones on hand to try. Also, make sure it is empty and no hidden files on it.

#6665 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I didn't even bother with 2.5 because it seems so many people have issues with it. It is more or less what I expected when they decided to split the code for SV vs LV. Give them some time to hash it out. They seem dedicated.
You said 'usb cord' did you try just plugging it straight in? And...USB sticks are known to be flaky in general when it comes to this method, some boards are picky about which sticks you use. It is generally recommended to have a couple different ones on hand to try. Also, make sure it is empty and no hidden files on it.

Sorry not the usb stick. I haven’t had any issues with the updating from the stick except one time when the file gave an additional number from multiple downloads but I meant the usb cords that go to the back of the monitor in the back glass and then underneath. They recommended that I check to make sure those are installed correctly but they were I’m just wondering if it’s one of those cords is flakey.

#6666 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Sorry not the usb stick. I haven’t had any issues with the updating from the stick except one time when the file gave an additional number from multiple downloads but I meant the usb cords that go to the back of the monitor in the back glass and then underneath. They recommended that I check to make sure those are installed correctly but they were I’m just wondering if it’s one of those cords is flakey.

Plug it into the inputs on the monitor. There is 1 open on top and 1 open on bottom. That will bypass all that because that's the actual board. (if it's the updating you are saying locks up).

And yes it is possible. They can get jostled when putting the pf up and down. I had to screw around with mine. I unplugged mine and plugged them back in one by one. I believe there was an instance mentioned here early on where someones cables were actually installed in the wrong ports which caused issues.

#6667 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

are you on 2.5? I'm still on 2.4 and it wasn't increasing power (which was my initial thought to have changed).

Yes 2.5 now but it did the same on 2.4 from memory. As I said super rare.

#6668 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

My 2.5 on my SV seems to be working well and reliably after a bunch of games and days. Everything is on default except Auto Launch -10, UL Flipper -10, L Eject -15 and Scoop Kicker -50. Centre magnet had to be on default to grab the ball though, unlike 2.4 where I had it +40 which grabbed ball more often than now. With centre magnet on anything higher than default the magnet will let the ball go before tongue can reach it. (2.5)

#6669 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Not sure about the warranty , but why would you not reach out to PB .. if anything in this thread it's proven they are very strong with customer support.

I have reached out to PB and created a ticket. I have spent hours troubleshooting a brand new machine that should be earning on location. They sent me a replacement IO board that had a bunch of switch errors when plugged in and then burned up. They had me strip the whole harness out and test all the coils and diodes to which I found no issues. They sent me a video on how to alter my original IO board to try and repair it. The repair they sent me did not work. I have followed the directions if PB support and provided timely answers and they don't respond for 2 to 3 days on my active ticket.

What leads me to believe there's an issues with the electronics:
1. Original IO board lost the 48v rail. PB said they have a new revision without the Q44 transistor that causes this.
2. Replacement IO board has the Q44 transistor jumpered out and the component removed which is fine but it exhibited a series of switch errors when plugged in even after triple checking all connections. The board then proceeded to burn up after I was finally able to start a game.
3. PB support says they thought my game had a short in the coil harness which is very concerning if the board design would allow for a short in the harness to cause the IO board to fry without proper circuit protection.
4. After stripping the harness and checking all coils and diodes I reinstalled the original IO board and the game booted fine except it exhibited the same original problem of no 48V rail on the right side of the machine.

Quoted from transprtr4u:

Currently you cannot get Stern Node boards , Williams has not been in business for decades yet parts and people's willingness are keeping them alive have kept those working.

This has nothing to do with Pinball Bros. This is a brand new machine that was faulty out of the box. Stern node board availability and hobbiest willing to keep Williams games running doesn't relate to this scenario at all.

Maybe you have different expectations when purchasing a machine but having to spend hours troubleshooting and repairing a new game is unacceptable to me. All pinball breaks and a lot of them need tweaked out of the box. This situation is beyond that.

The idea that I should just accept I should have a non working machine out of the box for 8k is laughable.

#6670 2 years ago
Quoted from grahamharley:

Im LV#10 and its my understanding that there was a small batch that were air freighted before TPF about 12 games, for some reason they did not ship the games in order , so I got skipped. I was told that there was another small batch air freighted and I should expect my game in about 10 days or so, based on number#7 getting notified , Im hoping that myself and a few others should be getting notified by fedex.
when I spoke to Melissa prior to the texas pinball festival she said that no freighters had left yet with LV's but should be leaving "very soon"
I was told about 35 or so LV's should be in the shipment

Adding to those with LV's on order, LV #12 and #13 were on hand for TPF(I have #13). So if the 35 is the ballpark #, one would assume LV's up to #48 will be in the next shipment. All guesses of course at this point.

#6671 2 years ago

Does anyone have the rubber sizes used in this pin? I would like to order some titans, the one near the exposed post next to the xeno has gotten pretty chewed up.Thanks

#6672 2 years ago
Quoted from Chopper36:

Does anyone have the rubber sizes used in this pin? I would like to order some titans, the one near the exposed post next to the xeno has gotten pretty chewed up.Thanks

Alien Rubbers (resized).jpgAlien Rubbers (resized).jpg

Check the posts in the last couple pages that talk about an alternative way to rubber that post to make it hold up longer.

#6673 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I have reached out to PB and created a ticket. I have spent hours troubleshooting a brand new machine that should be earning on location. They sent me a replacement IO board that had a bunch of switch errors when plugged in and then burned up. They had me strip the whole harness out and test all the coils and diodes to which I found no issues. They sent me a video on how to alter my original IO board to try and repair it. The repair they sent me did not work. I have followed the directions if PB support and provided timely answers and they don't respond for 2 to 3 days on my active ticket.
What leads me to believe there's an issues with the electronics:
1. Original IO board lost the 48v rail. PB said they have a new revision without the Q44 transistor that causes this.
2. Replacement IO board has the Q44 transistor jumpered out and the component removed which is fine but it exhibited a series of switch errors when plugged in even after triple checking all connections. The board then proceeded to burn up after I was finally able to start a game.
3. PB support says they thought my game had a short in the coil harness which is very concerning if the board design would allow for a short in the harness to cause the IO board to fry without proper circuit protection.
4. After stripping the harness and checking all coils and diodes I reinstalled the original IO board and the game booted fine except it exhibited the same original problem of no 48V rail on the right side of the machine.

This has nothing to do with Pinball Bros. This is a brand new machine that was faulty out of the box. Stern node board availability and hobbiest willing to keep Williams games running doesn't relate to this scenario at all.
Maybe you have different expectations when purchasing a machine but having to spend hours troubleshooting and repairing a new game is unacceptable to me. All pinball breaks and a lot of them need tweaked out of the box. This situation is beyond that.
The idea that I should just accept I should have a non working machine out of the box for 8k is laughable.

It would seem you have an utter lemon of a machine. PB should just just send you another new machine FOC.

#6674 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

[quoted image]
Check the posts in the last couple pages that talk about an alternative way to rubber that post to make it hold up longer.

Thanks buddy

#6675 2 years ago

Just got the call from FedEx - LV in the house tomorrow!

As for # not sure but I was very very early on the list.

#6676 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

I had the same issue when I switched my sv to US on 2.5 (volume doesn't respond). If I get mine fixed, I'll let you know.

#6677 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I'll be following this. I believe there are major issues with the electronics on this game. Here's the total plays my game received before becoming an expensive brick as well. Unfortunately I think it's a matter of time before many others are in this same boat.
[quoted image]

I have over 1000 extremely entertaining plays on mine, no such thing as a pinball machine that can’t be fixed !

#6678 2 years ago

Reading this thread lately is startling! It appears PB has some major software issues with the LV. Hopefully they can figure this out before shipping anymore games. I wonder if PB play tests these games. It does not appear Stern games are play tested any longer. The only company that really play tests would be CGC. This was mentioned at TPA during the conference. They put games in the field for testing and making improvements.

#6679 2 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Reading this thread lately is startling! It appears PB has some major software issues with the LV. Hopefully they can figure this out before shipping anymore games. I wonder if PB play tests these games. It does not appear Stern games are play tested any longer. The only company that really play tests would be CGC. This was mentioned at TPA during the conference. They put games in the field for testing and making improvements.

Agree it does seem to be a growing problem, likely to the logistic delays and the nonstop demand. When people are buying your stuff sight unseen....

That being said...I mean...I expected this game to have software issues, as well as hardware issues. I'm a little more apologetic to a newer company than a company that has shiped 1000's of games for 30+ years.

#6680 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I have over 1000 extremely entertaining plays on mine, no such thing as a pinball machine that can’t be fixed !

This is good to hear. I agree there isn't a machine out there that can't be fixed and having worked on them for 25 years I haven't found one that's stumped me to this point. My concern is if there is an overall design flaw in the electronics that will lead to ongoing problems. Quality of construction looks good and the machine looks solid. It will just be hard to operate a machine commercially with flawed electronics.

#6681 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

This is good to hear. I agree there isn't a machine out there that can't be fixed and having worked on them for 25 years I haven't found one that's stumped me to this point. My concern is if there is an overall design flaw in the electronics that will lead to ongoing problems. Quality of construction looks good and the machine looks solid. It will just be hard to operate a machine commercially with flawed electronics.

You are making assumptions though. I don't think there is any inherent flaw in the electronics. YOUR machine has an issue clearly, as do some others, but many peoples games are working just fine. Yours is probably related to just your machine based on bad parts and/or being wired incorrectly. I completely get your frustration as every day it is not working is lost money. Hopefully they get you fixed up soon. Almost think they need a support person in the states to deal with issues such as yours. I doubt they are just going to ship you a whole new game...but who knows.

#6682 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You are making assumptions though. I don't think there is any inherent flaw in the electronics. YOUR machine has an issue clearly, but it probably is related to just your machine based on bad parts and/or being wired incorrectly. I completely get your frustration as every day it is not working is lost money. Hopefully they get you fixed up soon. Almost think they need a support person in the states to deal with issues such as yours. I doubt they are just going to ship you a whole new game...but who knows.

The LV machines at TPF did very nicely in my opinion... so I agree that it is likely an isolated issue. My first-gen SV had some really weird problems that are now resolved... and looking back on it with the knowledge I have now, they were relatively simple fixes.

#6683 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

The LV machines at TPF did very nicely in my opinion... so I agree that it is likely an isolated issue. My first-gen SV had some really weird problems that are now resolved... and looking back on it with the knowledge I have now, they were relatively simple fixes.

Out of the box I have had zero issues on my early LV. I had a scratched back panel and 3 days later a new one was at my house...Incredible.

#6684 2 years ago

The beast lives! Well at least for now. I was able to get to the service buttons before it locked up again from 2.2 and immediately upgraded to 2.4 and so far so good. 2.4 is much better playing than 2.5 ever was on my machine it feels like the flippers are more responsive and the game plays a lot faster. Not sure if it’s a software glitch or a wiggle on a cord but at least it’s working for now and I don’t even wanna move it lol. 2.6 is available soon and hopefully that will reinstall all the shaker and lighting effects that the LV has. Finally getting around to playing some great games and she’s awesome once working. At least my earlier problems were document with my brother so if they manifest again 3 to 6 months from now it’ll help validate I didn’t do anything wrong! The customer service has been good contact but at points and felt like their hands were tied until it magically starts working again. They give me many options and the only thing I can think of is wiggling of the cords was the solution or at least beating the software from locking up again.

#6685 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

The beast lives! Well at least for now. I was able to get to the service buttons before it locked up again from 2.2 and immediately upgraded to 2.4 and so far so good. 2.4 is much better playing than 2.5 ever was on my machine it feels like the flippers are more responsive and the game plays a lot faster. Not sure if it’s a software glitch or a wiggle on a cord but at least it’s working for now and I don’t even wanna move it lol. 2.6 is available soon and hopefully that will reinstall all the shaker and lighting effects that the LV has. Finally getting around to playing some great games and she’s awesome once working. At least my earlier problems were document with my brother so if they manifest again 3 to 6 months from now it’ll help validate I didn’t do anything wrong! The customer service has been good contact but at points and felt like their hands were tied until it magically starts working again. They give me many options and the only thing I can think of is wiggling of the cords was the solution or at least beating the software from locking up again.

I agree... 2.4 is a good stable version! I'm hard pressed to find any problems with it.

#6686 2 years ago

so for LV owners - don't touch 2.5?

#6687 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Lol From my experience so far.

#6688 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

2.6 will be out very soon, so I would highly recommend waiting for that before you update again.

#6689 2 years ago

Day 3 out of box and 2.4 is fantastic.. IPhone taped to back box amateur rookie vid of my beast firing on all cylinders.

#6690 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You are making assumptions though. I don't think there is any inherent flaw in the electronics. YOUR machine has an issue clearly, as do some others, but many peoples games are working just fine. Yours is probably related to just your machine based on bad parts and/or being wired incorrectly. I completely get your frustration as every day it is not working is lost money. Hopefully they get you fixed up soon. Almost think they need a support person in the states to deal with issues such as yours. I doubt they are just going to ship you a whole new game...but who knows.

You are 100% correct here. I am pissed and am venting. PB is trying to take care of me. I am frustrated because I don't enjoy repairing pins anymore and this is just extra work for me I don't feel like doing. I am also very concerned about having two failed IO boards. What are the chances?
I am also being very vocal about the issues as I think it's a disservice to future buyers to bury our heads in the sand vs acknowledge the risks up front.

I think it's a fair assessment that operators should think long and hard about this machine without proper long term reliability data. Hopefully I can be the one to provide more positive reports once my issues get resolved.

#6691 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

You are 100% correct here. I am pissed and am venting. PB is trying to take care of me. I am frustrated because I don't enjoy repairing pins anymore and this is just extra work for me I don't feel like doing. I am also very concerned about having two failed IO boards. What are the chances?
I am also being very vocal about the issues as I think it's a disservice to future buyers to bury our heads in the sand vs acknowledge the risks up front.
I think it's a fair assessment that operators should think long and hard about this machine without proper long term reliability data. Hopefully I can be the one to provide more positive reports once my issues get resolved.

I get your frustration. Try to take a breather, it sometimes helps to look at the issues again with fresh eyes.

Here is my suggestion, once you get instructions from PB I am willing to get on the phone with you/video chat and see if we can diagonose together.

Full disclosure, I have zero knowledge of the platform as of yet, but happy to learn anything you might already have.

I have an LV on order so what I learn now will help me in the near future.

Contact me by PM, if other current owners are interested on the project “help fattdirk” we can all jump together on a videocall.

Either way, I am happy to give it a whirl

Just a thought.

#6692 2 years ago

whats the recommended pitch on this game? Ive seen some videos of the balls looking a bit floaty for my tastes, but then again its a widebody. I hope my standard comes soon....

#6693 2 years ago

I’m at 6.5 and just my opinion the game is fast as f&ck.

Quoted from mbrave77:

whats the recommended pitch on this game? Ive seen some videos of the balls looking a bit floaty for my tastes, but then again its a widebody. I hope my standard comes soon....

#6694 2 years ago

2.6 code is available!

#6695 2 years ago
Quoted from Sjoend:

2.6 code is available!

Who is going to test it first?

#6696 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:Who is going to test it first?

I vote Deez !

#6697 2 years ago

Patch notes for 2.6!

Changed firmware update function so that if multiple updates are present on the USB device, only the latest will be installed. Filename is now irrelevant, as long it ends with .uf2.
Added firmware version to startup screen, once detected.
Fixed bug that could occur when game code could not connect to the controller board. Sometimes it did not attempt to retry the connection, which would require a reboot to continue.
Renumbered some LEDs to avoid conflict between the new backbox LEDs and the cabinet lamps/stepper motor. This fixes several issues, such as: launch button and coin door LEDs being stuck on and the stepper running during lamp test.
Fixed the "Set Location" action which was broken in 2.5.
Fixed coil commands from sometimes exceeding firmware power limits. This was usually observed when the center magnet would turn off too soon when its coil adjustment was set to pulse it stronger.
Fixed incorrect mapping/labeling of the lower/upper flipper switches on the LV.
Increased the priority of the Sentry Guns super jackpot lamp on the airlock over other multiballs. When Sentry Guns and another multiball are running together, the main arrows for the Sentry Guns shots will now blink more slowly, to help distinguish between the two.
Fixed some bugs with combo scoring. It now resets correctly after the combo sequence ends, and times out slightly faster.
Changed combo scoring to reward longer combo sequences more than shorter ones.
Fixed the double scoring insert not always blinking when 2X scoring was active.
Improved the All Out War ready lamp effect. It is now less likely to be preempted by another effect, and is much brighter.
Removed many settings from the "Modify Game" menu that didn't work properly.
Added more shaker motor calls.
Increased brightness of multiball jackpot arrows.

#6698 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I get your frustration. Try to take a breather, it sometimes helps to look at the issues again with fresh eyes.
Here is my suggestion, once you get instructions from PB I am willing to get on the phone with you/video chat and see if we can diagonose together.
Full disclosure, I have zero knowledge of the platform as of yet, but happy to learn anything you might already have.
I have an LV on order so what I learn now will help me in the near future.
Contact me by PM, if other current owners are interested on the project “help fattdirk” we can all jump together on a videocall.
Either way, I am happy to give it a whirl
Just a thought.

I appreciate the offer. I know what is wrong with the machine. It's a bad IO board. Thanks for offering to help.

#6699 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I vote fattdirk !

I'll load that shit up. Only half my coils work but what the hell.

#6700 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I'll load that shit up. Only half my coils work but what the hell.

Could fix it for you!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 160.00
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Woodstock, GA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 376.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/134?hl=jdub03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.