100_0962 (resized).JPG
100_0952 (resized).JPG
b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,821 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 377.
#6551 2 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

I’m also out $1500. Got a voucher voucher for around 1100 if I recall. Andrew had stolen another 7000 from me however I got it all back they took it directly out of his account. Got lucky. The credit card company got it back. I kept $1500 just to be hopeful and got screwed on that. So maybe I have been in at eight years too I would have to check but I know it’s been an awfully long time!

If you ordered day 1 like me then yea, you'll be at 8 years in October as well.

#6552 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I thought it was printed on acrylic, is it not?

I don't know - maybe "plastic" was a poor choice of words. I just know it's not a nice mirrored backglass which would have been AWESOME.

#6553 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I still can't use the 2.5 code... it causes problems for me. I'm hoping the reason is because I don't have the latest firmware (not released for SV yet).
* Xeno Center Magnet drops ball immediately after grabbing it.
* Drop target reset not strong enough to reliably reset drop targets
* Launch Button LED stays on during attract (minor issue, but bothers me.
I've reported all these issues to PB. Waiting for that firmware to hopefully solve it. When I revert back to 2.4, all these issues go away. I ever tried reverting to 2.2 and then updating to 2.5, but no difference. I haven't seen any issues with volume control like someone else reported in here.
I'm sticking with 2.4 for now until I get some new information or firmware update.

Same issue I am having.

#6554 2 years ago

My SV is arriving Monday.

#6555 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Couple hours too soon for April fools. At least here.

Got info from CT? When?

#6556 2 years ago

Indeed. Also eagerly awaiting info. Already scheduled the party with my friends. Does she let you know through email or phone?

#6557 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I thought it was printed on acrylic, is it not?

Acrylic is a transparent plastic

Artwork is screen printed on

#6558 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

The one he has available right now is $1000 more than what they were. Probably as it’s the last one.

The local pricing for both SV & LV went up by $1k to reflect the price increase by PB, although those that were already locked in were kept at the original price

#6559 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Acrylic is a transparent plastic
Artwork is screen printed on

Sure, on what material. Glass or plastic?

#6560 2 years ago

They are on acrylic, not glass. Glass would be...problematic due to the weight and how you have to remove/insert it into the backbox (speaker holes). The design for this is not the greatest, but the speaker system is better than every other stock sound system.

#6561 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

They are on acrylic, not glass. Glass would be...problematic due to the weight and how you have to remove/insert it into the backbox (speaker holes).

Yes removing the back glass plastic is a POA on my LV. It’s a really snug fit!

#6562 2 years ago

Any idea on production? How many games are made per week or month?

#6563 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Same issue I am having.

Did you fiddle with the magnet strength? If you go over 79% if will reduce hold time by a second. I measured. Doesn’t work like you expect. I guess it’s a security feature to save you from a burning magnet. Stick below 80% and it will hold 3s, enough time for the tongue to grab it.

#6564 2 years ago
Quoted from Lamoraldus:

Did you fiddle with the magnet strength? If you go over 79% if will reduce hold time by a second. I measured. Doesn’t work like you expect. I guess it’s a security feature to save you from a burning magnet. Stick below 80% and it will hold 3s, enough time for the tongue to grab it.

With update 2.5 the centre magnet must be on factory/default strength. If you go 1 increment or more above factory/default it will let the ball go too early for tongue to grab.
With update 2.4 I had it set to 40% stronger which caught the ball very well and often and did not release the ball early. I had more successful tongue grabs on 2.4 than I can get with 2.5 (with current the firmware version anyway).

#6565 2 years ago

Does anyone know if the upcoming firmware revision will get the LEDs working (or enable them to work) on the 4 out of 5 small targets that don't illuminate currently? I also noticed the same targets not illuminating on recent LV pics I've seen which surprised me a little. It's always really bugged me especially when they have RGB LEDs in them all and board connections underneath. It makes the game appear as though some of the lights are broken (of course all the targets should be illuminated the same). Maybe some more wires are required to hook them up as well?
I've often wondered if you were able to wire them up correctly yourself would they at least come on in (1) colour anyway? Just seems a waste not having them enabled.

#6566 2 years ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

Does anyone know if the upcoming firmware revision will get the LEDs working (or enable them to work) on the 4 out of 5 small targets that don't illuminate currently? I also noticed the same targets not illuminating on recent LV pics I've seen which surprised me a little. It's always really bugged me especially when they have RGB LEDs in them all and board connections underneath. It makes the game appear as though some of the lights are broken (of course all the targets should be illuminated the same). Maybe some more wires are required to hook them up as well?
I've often wondered if you were able to wire them up correctly yourself would they at least come on in (1) colour anyway? Just seems a waste not having them enabled.

No... there is no word on those smaller-target LEDs. 2.5 does not affect them. Maybe one day.

#6567 2 years ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

With update 2.5 the centre magnet must be on factory/default strength. If you go 1 increment or more above factory/default it will let the ball go too early for tongue to grab.
With update 2.4 I had it set to 40% stronger which caught the ball very well and often and did not release the ball early. I had more successful tongue grabs on 2.4 than I can get with 2.5 (with current the firmware version anyway).

Even in factory default center magnet strength, mine still does the same thing with 2.5. Magnet grabs ball for half a second and then drops it. Reverting to 2.4 fixes it.

#6568 2 years ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

There is no plans to light them on SV. It was part of the additional stuff for LV. Now....as we don't know if the only thing stopping them from working is wiring I suppose someone could try it (or at least MM test the connectors at the board to see if there is activity there).

One thing that may or may not make a difference though is that the targets themselves are lit in specific ways depending on what the game itself is doing (sometimes they are different colors, sometimes some are on, some are off, etc).

#6569 2 years ago

Would love to find any info on beacons. Looks like someone posted pics of where they connect. Now I just need to see of SV code supports them and if they will sell them.

#6570 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

April Fools!

#6571 2 years ago

Any videos from TPF of the LV in action?

#6573 2 years ago

Are there lights down the side rails on the LV?

#6574 2 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Are there lights down the side rails on the LV?

I think that is the special EL tape illuminated side blades and backboard.. Not a strip i beleive.

#6575 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

I think that is the special EL tape illuminated side blades and backboard.. Not a strip i beleive.

That’s a lot of light bleeding from the lit panels then if it is or is it the Weiland logo?

97085AA9-9090-4DAE-9348-E1A55F6366D9 (resized).jpeg97085AA9-9090-4DAE-9348-E1A55F6366D9 (resized).jpegB8CB10BA-DD58-4A51-BF79-405014CC4BD8 (resized).jpegB8CB10BA-DD58-4A51-BF79-405014CC4BD8 (resized).jpeg
#6576 2 years ago

Installing the new translite from Australia Looks awesome. How do you unplug the existing backbox LEDs? Does display need to come out?

#6577 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Installing the new translite from Australia Looks awesome. How do you unplug the existing backbox LEDs? Does display need to come out?

I got the impression it needs to come out to disconnect them. As a quick fix I just put electrical tape over them.

I doubt I'll ever pull it out just to disconnect them. Blue painters tape gives you a blue glow, looking for some green painters tape.

#6578 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I got the impression it needs to come out to disconnect them. As a quick fix I just put electrical tape over them.
I doubt I'll ever pull it out just to disconnect them. Blue painters tape gives you a blue glow, looking for some green painters tape.

Second that.. Green painters tape!!

#6579 2 years ago

FROGTAPE 1358463 Multi-Surface Painter's Tape with PAINTBLOCK, Medium Adhesion, 0.94" Wide x 60 Yards Long, Green https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002Z8HB2A/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_MDQ55DC29Q6WCQ4T0HXH

#6580 2 years ago

That’s a lot of light bleeding from the lit panels then if it is or is it the Weiland logo?
[quoted image][quoted image]

It’s designed this way, I think it’s a little LED gap to provide lighting and that it looks fine. You really have to see it to appreciate it it’s not that bright it makes the playfield glow nicely. The shaker is more integrated in the latest release. The topper lights do come on throughout the game in certain modes as well. Mostly queens nest loader battle self-destruct century guns Enduring attract mode off/on.

599304DD-8374-4CFF-8792-A980F93A2A7D (resized).jpeg599304DD-8374-4CFF-8792-A980F93A2A7D (resized).jpegE34F93C5-6059-4FB1-9517-031799F64420 (resized).jpegE34F93C5-6059-4FB1-9517-031799F64420 (resized).jpeg
#6581 2 years ago

Do those lights do anything or are they just on/off?

#6582 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Do those lights do anything or are they just on/off?

I’d hazard a guess they’re not coded for yet so just on but we haven’t really seen LV video yet

#6583 2 years ago

I’d hazard a guess they’re not coded for yet so just on but we haven’t really seen LV video yet

From when I can tell they are static for now. Sorry I wish I could take a video and post it here.

#6584 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

From when I can tell they are static for now. Sorry I wish I could take a video and post it here.

I can try....I need a tripod...lol.

#6585 2 years ago

I don't suggest putting tape over the original backbox leds. They already run pretty hot, this would make it alot worse. A very bad idea imo.

I was actually glad to disconnect them to get heat away from the unit. Just removed and unplugged from the pcb inside.

The rear vents on the backbox are actually covered by the speaker mdf and I think used to vent the speakers.
I added centre vents to my machine for better ventilation of the backbox pc as well as a low dB fan as I have some spare..

LV translite art nearly ready to print and should be finalised today. Here is the original prototype version when I was testing the led strip in blue and green.

received_358044395832938 (resized).jpegreceived_358044395832938 (resized).jpegreceived_465251158393242 (resized).jpegreceived_465251158393242 (resized).jpegreceived_651280516070057 (resized).jpegreceived_651280516070057 (resized).jpeg
#6586 2 years ago

My Trough kept getting stuck So I remove the ball catcher. Seems to work OK just curious if anyone has a picture of the orientation that it’s supposed to be in maybe mine was backwards? Seems to be working fine now but if I decide to put it back in.

12050598-9D95-4501-927E-C09274001934 (resized).jpeg12050598-9D95-4501-927E-C09274001934 (resized).jpeg3164BACF-4C94-4F78-95A9-21BECAF77B4C (resized).jpeg3164BACF-4C94-4F78-95A9-21BECAF77B4C (resized).jpegC79417E5-A965-4C6B-AADE-C505719BA5BE (resized).jpegC79417E5-A965-4C6B-AADE-C505719BA5BE (resized).jpeg
#6587 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

I don't suggest putting tape over the original backbox leds. They already run pretty hot, this would make it alot worse. A very bad idea imo.
I was actually glad to disconnect them to get heat away from the unit. Just removed and unplugged from the pcb inside.
The rear vents on the backbox are actually covered by the speaker mdf and I think used to vent the speakers.
I added centre vents to my machine for better ventilation of the backbox pc as well as a low dB fan as I have some spare..
LV translite art nearly ready to print and should be finalised today. Here is the original prototype version when I was testing the led strip in blue and green.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Eh, mine isn't hot at all....I was scratching my head asking why you added vents because there is really no need. But on further thought I suppose the environment you have it in will make a difference. It's a nice 65-70 where I have mine, and I don't generally keep it on for hours on end. So YMMV.

#6588 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

LV translite art nearly ready to print and should be finalised today. Here is the original prototype version when I was testing the led strip in blue and green.

Oh.. that blue looks nice… will be excited to see the Queen translite with that!

#6589 2 years ago

The standard doesn’t come with a shaker?
I want to order anyone have a link I don’t see any for sale on my search

#6590 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

LV translite art nearly ready to print and should be finalised today. Here is the original prototype version when I was testing the led strip in blue and green.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

can you send a pic of where lights connect pcb? or is it obvious if you follow led strip?

#6591 2 years ago

Ok here is the final LV translite art.!

Queen added, blue tones to match cabinet and trim and tweaked area to tie in with art blades....

Send me a pm if you want one. I have to add 15aud for extra packing materials now BTW.

cheers
Kurt

received_5010954272357386 (resized).jpegreceived_5010954272357386 (resized).jpeg
#6592 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Queen added, blue tones to match cabinet and trim and tweaked area to tie in with art blades....
Send me a pm if you want one. I have to add 15aud for extra packing materials now BTW.
cheers
Kurt
[quoted image]

Beautiful!!!

#6593 2 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

The standard doesn’t come with a shaker?
I want to order anyone have a link I don’t see any for sale on my search

I dont think it is really needed in my opinion.. the audio package and sub provide lots of vibration for me.

#6594 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

cheers
Kurt
[quoted image]

Speaker cut outs?

#6595 2 years ago

Same as first green version - this is just the combined artwork of front a rear panels

#6596 2 years ago

First casualty of the open eggs

BBAEFE9C-DA2C-4333-A2F6-52B5369E05C8 (resized).jpegBBAEFE9C-DA2C-4333-A2F6-52B5369E05C8 (resized).jpeg
#6597 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

First casualty of the open eggs
[quoted image]

no damage just a slimey ball ???

I see you replaced one open with a closed one.

#6598 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

I dont think it is really needed in my opinion.. the audio package and sub provide lots of vibration for me.

Good to know thank you

#6599 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Any pictures with the translight installed?

#6600 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

can you send a pic of where lights connect pcb? or is it obvious if you follow led strip?

Very obvious, they are just daisy chained off a board connector

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,821 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/132 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.