Alien pinball (resized).jpg
20240414_165244 (resized).jpg
20240307_181954 (resized).jpg
20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,774 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 376.
#6451 2 years ago

my staycation continues and I am creeping on this thread all the time. That LV posted yesterday looks amazing.

Question about the code: are the modes always played in the same linear order (besides choosing Alien or Aliens) or can the modes be randomized.
If they are linear, does it feel a bit repetitive?

#6452 2 years ago

they are random - based on which movie you pick at the beginning of the game. Each movie has a 'wizard mode' of sorts. Once you get through all modes of one movie you start the other movie. Once you get through all those modes + all the multiplayer modes you go to the wizard mode.

You do not need to 'beat' a mode to move on. Win/lose as long as you have balls, you won't get it again.

#6453 2 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

Make sure that your center magnet coil strength adjustment is set to NORMAL; this should fix it.
2.5 increased the default magnet strength used to grab the ball. If you adjust it to pull even stronger, this will trip some coil protection logic in the controller board firmware and shut off the magnet sooner.
A future code update will handle this automatically, but for now just change the adjustment and you should be good.

Thanks for the explanation , I had it at +30 , that fixed it.

#6454 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

my staycation continues and I am creeping on this thread all the time. That LV posted yesterday looks amazing.
Question about the code: are the modes always played in the same linear order (besides choosing Alien or Aliens) or can the modes be randomized.

First

Quoted from Mageek:

i have had that happen but didn’t cause any damage. You can Try Tests> Xenomorph> Calibrate and the other tests in there to see if it’s working properly Your tongue switch maybe loose or need adjusting. Just loosen the screw on each side of the head and remove it to get to the switch.
If you are running v2.4 software you should get a good percentage of xeno grabs , if not try setting Adjustments > Coils > Centre Magnet to +30

Thanks! I was expecting a disaster after hearing it get jammed but all was good when fired back up, and ran the tests- all worked well.

In separate update I swear the posts were not firing at right times so I did bunch of coil tests and ran through everything- and now they work every time. No idea what I did to change it but def improves play because I get more diversions into pops.

My spinners spin fast but in test mode I feel like it only registers the switch every other time. Almost like it’s sluggish. It def depressing button- so will try ti tinker with this based on recent comments.

The lighting on LV is beautiful. I can but don’t enjoy playing in dark- it’s just too dark for me personally. I really want to experiment with few lighting options but wondering if the sick Apron mod (coming soon it sounds like!) will help with lighting a bit (knight rider lights, occasional beacons etc). Will assess once receive apron then decide on lighting options as I’d love to play this thing in total darkness.

#6455 2 years ago

With all the mods and upgrades coming out. Anyone thinking of modding or improving the appearance of the xeno head in the game. Like a thin mold over it to make it more real? a green led spotlight on it to highlight it more? I'm sure the mod community is much more creative than me but would be cool to hear some ideas.

#6456 2 years ago

The booting of the game is really the loudest I think I have ever heard. The initial calibration of the xeno is a surprise the first few times. Chatting with Cato, currently the Xeno is metal on metal gears which is why its loud. I guess early in the design, it was metal and plastic gears which stripped pretty quick.

#6457 2 years ago

it's a combination of it being metal, and a really small motor/gear that spins so fast.

#6458 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I would be very interested to know where the beacons wire into the game if you have it open at some point.

Red arrow on the left is its power connect, red arrow on the right shows its plugged into the pc behind the monitor.

plugin (resized).PNGplugin (resized).PNG
#6459 2 years ago

Any LV owners who have received their games want to post some video of the game playing? Curious to see the lighted backboard and side art in action! And, well, just want to see more footage of the game in general

#6460 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

After choosing a movie, the first mode lit will always be the top one. However you can shoot any ramp anytime prior to starting a mode to change it to the next one in sequence.

#6461 2 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

After choosing a movie, the first mode lit will always be the top one. However you can shoot any ramp anytime prior to starting a mode to change it to the next one in sequence.

Thanks!

#6462 2 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Any LV owners who have received their games want to post some video of the game playing? Curious to see the lighted backboard and side art in action! And, well, just want to see more footage of the game in general

What he said please!

#6463 2 years ago

I had an interesting problem the other day after I installed new balls. They would not slide down all the way in the trough. This really messed up my ambush multiball. I took out the balls and they weighed in at 80gms. The PB pinballs were 81gms. I guess I will have to add a washer or 2 to effect the angle of the trough in order to get gravity working again. Unless of course I am wrong about this, if anyone else had this happen, please share. Thanks

#6464 2 years ago
Quoted from Chopper36:

I had an interesting problem the other day after I installed new balls. They would not slide down all the way in the trough. This really messed up my ambush multiball. I took out the balls and they weighed in at 80gms. The PB pinballs were 81gms. I guess I will have to add a washer or 2 to effect the angle of the trough in order to get gravity working again. Unless of course I am wrong about this, if anyone else had this happen, please share. Thanks

Usually this means the balls (or the trough) are magnetized, but if they're brand new balls I'd be surprised. Might be worth trying another set. You can get around this in the trough with this kind of accessory.

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/playfield-plastics/playfield-plastics-single-plastics/trough-anti-magnetic-shim-williams-bally-pinball-machine-upgrade/

#6465 2 years ago
Quoted from mettle64:

Usually this means the balls (or the trough) are magnetized, but if they're brand new balls I'd be surprised. Might be worth trying another set. You can get around this in the trough with this kind of accessory.
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/playfield-plastics/playfield-plastics-single-plastics/trough-anti-magnetic-shim-williams-bally-pinball-machine-upgrade/

I was wondering if they might be magnetized, very strange for new balls. I am going to order that product that you recommended. Thanks for the tip.

#6466 2 years ago
Quoted from mettle64:

I was having this issue as well, had a trough liner but found balls were actually sticking to the end of the trough so stuck a piece of velcro there it solved it. I do use high carbon balls but who knows what you’re getting these days.

1023FB0C-ABD4-47F1-96EB-7BC933D77FC6 (resized).jpeg1023FB0C-ABD4-47F1-96EB-7BC933D77FC6 (resized).jpeg
#6467 2 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

I will see what I can do this evening!

#6468 2 years ago

I found these guys and they did a good job streaming it, first time I get a really good look at modes and things:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1438708981

The channel name is Wilddogarcade on twitch.

#6469 2 years ago

All up and running must say Andrea at Pb was amazing sent out new board with new code and its playing awesome, great customer service! also fitted a few mods, Apc tank, Dropship shaker, powerloader, mirror blades with acid, chest burster, Hicks. Pf protector, green sparkle legs purple chrome armour, custom topper next up cols pros to fit!

20220328_184224 (resized).jpg20220328_184224 (resized).jpg20220328_184229 (resized).jpg20220328_184229 (resized).jpg20220328_184234 (resized).jpg20220328_184234 (resized).jpg20220328_184250 (resized).jpg20220328_184250 (resized).jpg20220328_184315 (resized).jpg20220328_184315 (resized).jpg20220328_191526 (resized).jpg20220328_191526 (resized).jpg20220328_191543 (resized).jpg20220328_191543 (resized).jpg20220328_191607 (resized).jpg20220328_191607 (resized).jpg

#6470 2 years ago
Quoted from scottydoesntknow:

All up and running must say Andrea at Pb was amazing sent out new board with new code and its playing awesome, great customer service! also fitted a few mods, Apc tank, Dropship shaker, powerloader, mirror blades with acid, chest burster, Hicks. Pf protector, green sparkle legs purple chrome armour, custom topper next up cols pros to fit!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very Nice!!!!

#6471 2 years ago

I've had a couple more requests for the translite and door mods, if anyone wants them drop me a pm. Need to do a run of 5 to make it cost-effective.
Also had a request for a Queen version in blue hues rather than green which can be done as wellif we get a few people wanting the same.

Had a few guys asking about flipper bats. I just used scared stiff boney beast bats and hand painted them black base, gunmetal highlights then gloss clear.

Had a great game last night but can't seem to crack those big scores you guys get!

20220201_140503 (resized).jpg20220201_140503 (resized).jpg20220212_075829 (resized).jpg20220212_075829 (resized).jpg20220212_113134 (resized).jpg20220212_113134 (resized).jpgreceived_692021131801245 (resized).jpegreceived_692021131801245 (resized).jpeg
#6472 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

I've had a couple more requests for the translite and door mods, if anyone wants them drop me a pm. Need to do a run of 5 to make it cost-effective.
Also had a request for a Queen version in blue hues rather than green which can be done as wellif we get a few people wanting the same.
Had a few guys asking about flipper bats. I just used scared stiff boney beast bats and hand painted them black base, gunmetal highlights then gloss clear.
Had a great game last night but can't seem to crack those big scores you guys get![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Can never get over how awesome this layered translite looks!

#6473 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Can never get over how awesome this layered translite looks!

Yeah, it is quite something and really such a simple already done concept that it is interesting that no one does this more often. I do like the idea of a queen as well.....hell I was wondering if there was some way to do a moving image, maybe lenticular in nature, or transparent LCD (expensive I'm sure). Or even the back panel being EL art like how powerbladez are done.

Unfortunately, I'm an imagineer, not an engineer (even though oddly at work I do hold that title). I just don't have the patience to go all out on figuring it out. I'm happy with what has been done and of the "three" options we have available currently I like this the best.

#6474 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Had a great game last night but can't seem to crack those big scores you guys get![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'd love to see the blue version to go with my LE. I'd be interested in the details.

#6475 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Mate, I would be very interested to see an LV queen version. I actually love the translite art on the LV it looks amazing, but this could be very special indeed.

#6476 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Mate, I would be very interested to see an LV queen version. I actually love the translite art on the LV it looks amazing, but this could be very special indeed.

Me sentiments exactly! Would love to see an LE version.

#6477 2 years ago

Thanks Joetechbob...

I have tried a few variations even 3d model in behind but yes the costs just blow right out.
Ill post up a blue Queen variant if I go ahead with them.

Its taken ma long to perfect the process. You can work with muliple artists and suppliers but getting a great end result is not as easy as you think.
The material and inks are crucial along with the process. Its taken me many failed attempts to get it right. I dont like my stuff on my machines to look average like alot of pinball products are these days.

#6478 2 years ago

I'm thinkning for the LV version to have the number on it as well

#6479 2 years ago

Hey folks - Does anyone have any info on an official Apron coming for the LV? did PB Bro's share any details on this?

#6480 2 years ago

Hey folks - Does anyone have any info on an official Apron coming for the LV? did PB Bro's share any details on this?</blockquote

Is this a real thing? Are the early adopters of the LV going to get this sent to them or at least a discount on the apron? When I first purchased mine I thought it would receive a cool one based off of what they put in their literature. But sounds like it was hyped up and wasn’t ever delivered upon. Either way mine is still sitting in a box but plan to open it and film in the next few days.

#6481 2 years ago

I saw this awesome topper at Texas Pinball Festival. While it is a prototype and when ready, it will cost around $750. Of course I forgot to write down the name of the company, but they had awesome reproductions of weapons from the Mandalorin.

IMG_5674 (resized).JPGIMG_5674 (resized).JPG
#6482 2 years ago

No, it was never a thing. The only thing it was getting was the #'d plaque on it. There was some speculation they were going to make something like what had been approached with the upcoming mod, but no confirmation of anything.

#6483 2 years ago
Quoted from ElCid95:

I saw this awesome topper at Texas Pinball Festival. While it is a prototype and when ready, it will cost around $750. Of course I forgot to write down the name of the company, but they had awesome reproductions of weapons from the Mandalorin.
[quoted image]

That alien looks more like venom than alien.

Now...the alien husk stuff is something I thought was missing all along..but not clear on what they are doing with it in that picture.

#6484 2 years ago
Quoted from ElCid95:

[quoted image]

Appreciate the creativity but I just think that looks awful.

#6485 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

So all the floor models were sold first come first serve?

Seems unfair for the people who have one on order and have been waiting for many years for the game. Such a shame but good for the TPF attendees.

#6486 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Thanks Joetechbob...
I have tried a few variations even 3d model in behind but yes the costs just blow right out.
Ill post up a blue Queen variant if I go ahead with them.
Its taken ma long to perfect the process. You can work with muliple artists and suppliers but getting a great end result is not as easy as you think.
The material and inks are crucial along with the process. Its taken me many failed attempts to get it right. I dont like my stuff on my machines to look average like alot of pinball products are these days.

Damn. I have an LV coming, but I already purchased one of these from you. I would love to see how it looks and might have to sell the one you sent me if I like it well enough. I didn't think you were doing a Queen version.

#6487 2 years ago

I meant to ask, but honestly the way he talked he wasn't going to make more. Glad he is...maybe he could make both versions and just sell the back plate on its own so we can get both.

#6488 2 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Seems unfair for the people who have one on order and have been waiting for many years for the game. Such a shame but good for the TPF attendees.

Not if you're paid in full for a n.i.b. and it shows up with over 500 plays! but i agree, people in line should have the option.. maybe just for pick up only & preference to seniority of order placed. That must be such a pain that they just go with cash on the glass to whoever wants it while they're there.

#6489 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Damn. I have an LV coming, but I already purchased one of these from you. I would love to see how it looks and might have to sell the one you sent me if I like it well enough. I didn't think you were doing a Queen version.

Wasn't planning on it...just had a few requests

#6490 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

It would sell pretty quick if you list the one you have I'm sure.

#6491 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Wasn't planning on it...just had a few requests

Hey, I understand that completely. I would love to see it, honestly. Your stuff is amazing, so I'm sure it will look fantastic. I look forward to it!

#6492 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I was having this issue as well, had a trough liner but found balls were actually sticking to the end of the trough so stuck a piece of velcro there it solved it. I do use high carbon balls but who knows what you’re getting these days.[quoted image]

Is that post digging into the playfield and art coming up? Or is it the way the pic was taken?

#6493 2 years ago

Just opened my LV. Here are some detailed pics. Backglass is screen printed acrylic. Difficult to take out/in. Cabinet print is high quality gloss. Colored rails and legs are a bluish purple with no flake, but a flat look. Lockbar design unique, not traditional. Has metal clasps. Plaque for LV# in front is metal. Apron is heavy metal. Game boots with lights and shaker and speakers produce massive sound. My game booted at 2.5 but then after setting USA it tried to reset and now doesn’t boot to blue screen? Anyone else’s suffer this? Ticket submitted. Screen is much larger than expected.

1ED492D1-08F4-4A61-8BFE-DD96F2D3031E (resized).jpeg1ED492D1-08F4-4A61-8BFE-DD96F2D3031E (resized).jpeg25272840-BB79-4E0A-AC06-A65130E28BCE (resized).jpeg25272840-BB79-4E0A-AC06-A65130E28BCE (resized).jpeg2EE1A417-2460-414F-B9D8-1D3984990E4A (resized).jpeg2EE1A417-2460-414F-B9D8-1D3984990E4A (resized).jpeg373617E3-704C-4F84-8FE2-E018091544FC (resized).jpeg373617E3-704C-4F84-8FE2-E018091544FC (resized).jpeg3E074F79-485F-446F-934A-59352315880B (resized).jpeg3E074F79-485F-446F-934A-59352315880B (resized).jpeg4DD0653E-C3BB-4600-A47C-8104B4204256 (resized).jpeg4DD0653E-C3BB-4600-A47C-8104B4204256 (resized).jpeg60D7EDB6-A167-491B-8718-737C8AA2E075 (resized).jpeg60D7EDB6-A167-491B-8718-737C8AA2E075 (resized).jpeg6B5C08BF-0BBA-48A1-A3FD-85B251B3D616 (resized).jpeg6B5C08BF-0BBA-48A1-A3FD-85B251B3D616 (resized).jpeg857343D6-A697-4CF7-AAA2-01D99919A5FC (resized).jpeg857343D6-A697-4CF7-AAA2-01D99919A5FC (resized).jpegB20AB84B-B454-471B-9638-FA7362E0B9CA (resized).jpegB20AB84B-B454-471B-9638-FA7362E0B9CA (resized).jpegB80AD622-5CE8-4FBC-B8F7-340DA190918B (resized).jpegB80AD622-5CE8-4FBC-B8F7-340DA190918B (resized).jpegE51712FA-D366-4240-83AD-780D5C970B46 (resized).jpegE51712FA-D366-4240-83AD-780D5C970B46 (resized).jpegED1B90CB-1FDC-4569-B5BA-A107C8C99D08 (resized).jpegED1B90CB-1FDC-4569-B5BA-A107C8C99D08 (resized).jpeg
#6494 2 years ago

megaladon

Have heard that setting Country has a bug. You need to reinstall the software. Instructions on PB‘s site.

Why didn’t you get you playfield into the vertical position? Is something in the way? How did it hold up like this?
If it doesn’t move lightly apply a single drop of oil to the skis. Only one small is enough. Then be careful while moving, it’s like a bob sled.

#6495 2 years ago
Quoted from Chopper36:

I was wondering if they might be magnetized, very strange for new balls. I am going to order that product that you recommended. Thanks for the tip.

Just get tried and true balls. Titan standard shiny balls. Titan pinball.

#6496 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just get tried and true balls. Titan standard shiny balls. Titan pinball.

I didnt think you can use the shiny ones as they magnetize that you need the slightly duller hi carbon ones?

#6497 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

I didnt think you can use the shiny ones as they magnetize that you need the slightly duller hi carbon ones?

That’s why I said standard shiny balls. Not super shiny. Those will never magnetize.

#6498 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s why I said standard shiny balls. Not super shiny. Those will never magnetize.

ahhh i had no idea they were different.. thank you.

#6499 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Just opened my LV. Here are some detailed pics. Backglass is screen printed acrylic. Difficult to take out/in. Cabinet print is high quality gloss. Colored rails and legs are a bluish purple with no flake, but a flat look. Lockbar design unique, not traditional. Has metal clasps. Plaque for LV# in front is metal. Apron is heavy metal. Game boots with lights and shaker and speakers produce massive sound. My game booted at 2.5 but then after setting USA it tried to reset and now doesn’t boot to blue screen? Anyone else’s suffer this? Ticket submitted. Screen is much larger than expected.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for sharing. Would love to hear more Amy the interior lighting too.

Was this a TPF purchase that was shipped or is this the first LV shipped to a customer not related to TPF?

#6500 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks for sharing. Would love to hear more Amy the interior lighting too.
Was this a TPF purchase that was shipped or is this the first LV shipped to a customer not related to TPF?

I was one of the first reserved so this is not from the show. It was shipped. Update, submitted a ticket and got a response really quick. Had to update the software back to 2.2, much like any other machine to update. Did have a restart with 2.2 and had to cycle the game three times to get it running again not sure if it’s another bug? One pleasant surprise I got a combination of eggs for my machine since I thought all open ones looked a little strange so I was happy to see that. The build quality looks pretty good there is one spot on my playfield that has a lot of surface scratches not sure if that can buff out? Once playing, it did seem to play really smooth, haven’t seen how the shakers integrated yet but it’s powerful! The sound package is by far the best on any machine. I’ve owned a lot of machines over the years and I was startled by how deep the bass hits. Haven’t got far enough to see the flashers work yet.

0B631F1B-50E8-4FDB-9CE3-B1F00804C815 (resized).jpeg0B631F1B-50E8-4FDB-9CE3-B1F00804C815 (resized).jpeg1FC4EFB2-8D5C-4F72-A60C-85098C26AFBE (resized).jpeg1FC4EFB2-8D5C-4F72-A60C-85098C26AFBE (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 160.00
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Woodstock, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,774 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 376.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/130?hl=zeldarioid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.