Alien pinball (resized).jpg
20240414_165244 (resized).jpg
20240307_181954 (resized).jpg
20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,775 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 376.
#6401 2 years ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Talked to Melissa from CT and is NOT sold out.

Good luck getting one. Been 5 years waiting for me. Lol

#6402 2 years ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

Heres my question for the day - has anybody been using a 'hard' power reset to turn their game on (ie. On a switched circuit or a breaker with other games) or do you need to use the power button to shut down the game everytime?
I would like to turn the game on/off with a wall switch, but I am nervous just 'cutting' power to a computer-based game

i use smart outlets and no issue

#6403 2 years ago

Great reading about the activity in Dallas and thanks for posting updates. Wish I was there.

So was mid game last night and all the sudden massive grinding sound and for some reason the tongue was trying to come out but mouth didn’t open. Tongue was caught on the bottom inside of xeno lip. I had played Ambush few minutes before so wasn’t for that mode- no idea why was trying to come out. I quickly killed the power because worried was going to kill motor.

I’m going to take off glass
Shortly, and make sure it’s not obstructed then power on. Hopefully not ruined.

I’ve read every post in this thread over past year plus and don’t recall this happening to anyone (lots of loud grinding sounds but not the tongue ramming into lower gums of xeno). If any advice I’m listening! Thanks all

#6404 2 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Great reading about the activity in Dallas and thanks for posting updates. Wish I was there.
So was mid game last night and all the sudden massive grinding sound and for some reason the tongue was trying to come out but mouth didn’t open. Tongue was caught on the bottom inside of xeno lip. I had played Ambush few minutes before so wasn’t for that mode- no idea why was trying to come out. I quickly killed the power because worried was going to kill motor.
I’ve read every post in this thread over past year plus and don’t recall this happening to anyone (lots of loud grinding sounds but not the tongue ramming into lower gums of xeno). If any advice I’m listening! Thanks all

Also for context I’ve never had any issue with xeno tongue. It worked right out of box (no it doesn’t catch a bunch, but it’s been functional movement wise)

#6405 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

i use smart outlets and no issue

I have a smart outlet as well and opened a ticket to ask if it would be a problem and Cato said no...

#6406 2 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Also for context I’ve never had any issue with xeno tongue. It worked right out of box (no it doesn’t catch a bunch, but it’s been functional movement wise)</blockquote

i have had that happen but didn’t cause any damage. You can Try Tests> Xenomorph> Calibrate and the other tests in there to see if it’s working properly Your tongue switch maybe loose or need adjusting. Just loosen the screw on each side of the head and remove it to get to the switch.

If you are running v2.4 software you should get a good percentage of xeno grabs , if not try setting Adjustments > Coils > Centre Magnet to +30

#6407 2 years ago

Well this looks like it was a bit violent.

PXL_20220326_202845725.jpgPXL_20220326_202845725.jpgPXL_20220326_203102418.jpgPXL_20220326_203102418.jpgPXL_20220326_203107432.jpgPXL_20220326_203107432.jpgPXL_20220326_203119142.jpgPXL_20220326_203119142.jpgPXL_20220326_203145305.jpgPXL_20220326_203145305.jpg
#6408 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Well this looks like it was a bit violent.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ouch... hurts my heart to see it.

#6409 2 years ago

Yikes.
I am contemplating cancelling my order really.

Lots of problems being reported and software issues and, lol, no eos switches, flipper issues, and a long list of problems.

Never had buyers remorse before but it might be better to just wait this one out???

#6410 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Never had buyers remorse before but it might be better to just wait this one out???

See ya!

#6411 2 years ago

Yikes.
Lots of problems being reported and software issues and, lol, no eos switches, flipper issues, and a long list of problems.

I have a buddy who has one and it's been perfect. I might just have a lemon. I'm not sure why I'm having such bad luck with this machine. This is the first machine in 25 years of wrenching on pins Ive had so many problems with.

#6412 2 years ago

I can tell you, I’ve seen the glass off on these a lot Herr at TPF. I’ve played like 4 games on em which were all a lot of fun, but definitely seems a little fragile.

#6413 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Well the new I/O board I was sent released the magic smoke. I can't find any obvious shorts in my game. Anyone else have ongoing issues like this? I was also having these odd switch errors when it was first plugged in and it looked like the coindoor switches were shorting out. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Have you examined your cables that run along the playfield rails (underneath) to make sure none are getting cut/rubbed/etc.

#6414 2 years ago

Dont have an issue with fixing games and when the game works seems like it’s great -I have been told -

I did hear of the issues before ordering but figured these were gonna be a bit more far in between…
since I ordered mine been keeping an eye on here, and well… it is just all sorts of random things and teething pains.

Looks PB is a good company working hard and am pretty sure they will figure it out eventually…

#6415 2 years ago

The EOS thing shouldn't be a problem long term. Again, this tech is different than those. It's all code based. It can be fixed with code if there is truly an issue. As for heat over time? Probably not going to fix that if you are jacking the power up on them. You will probably need fans.

To the point a few posts above. Most home players play it the most the first week, and then it peters off until a new code comes out. I rarely play more than 2-3 games in a row on any given machine after the new has wore off. Less likely to see the long haul bugs. This game indeed has some strangeness generally the longer it is on which is why I've continuously said, not sure it is good for a route. Hopefully that will change.

#6416 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The EOS thing shouldn't be a problem long term. Again, this tech is different than those. It's all code based. It can be fixed with code if there is truly an issue. As for heat over time? Probably not going to fix that if you are jacking the power up on them. You will probably need fans.
To the point a few posts above. Most home players play it the most the first week, and then it peters off until a new code comes out. I rarely play more than 2-3 games in a row on any given machine after the new has wore off. Less likely to see the long haul bugs. This game indeed has some strangeness generally the longer it is on which is why I've continuously said, not sure it is good for a route. Hopefully that will change.

Understandable when a new system is developed. I work with software so I am familiar with these issues.

I think I will wait until the software managing the hardware is finished, along with possibly other hardware iteration/revisions.

Going to go in a different direction for now, but will check in again in a few months.
Good luck to all new owners.

#6417 2 years ago

Yikes.

Ive been dialing my game in for a week, the spongey flipper is almost non existent now - they just dont feel like my Dirty Harry flippers sitting next to it. I hope the EOS becomes an add-on (like stacked flipper switches) and then people can choose whether they want the new software controlled feel, or a more classic feel. Still though have to say its the best game Ive ever played

#6418 2 years ago

Going to go in a different direction for now, but will check in again in a few months. Good luck to all new owners.

Probably a good decision for you.

Honestly, the problems being reported are no worse than I'm seeing with other manufactures.

Buddy bought a Rush and the screws were over torqued. A TON of screws feel out and he had to move mechs and make new screw holes. I see Stern games needing flipper fans as they are over heating. Playfiled issues at JJP, etc.

Knock on wood, my SV is working well. I had an issue and raised a ticket. I also let Tommy at Nitro know and he called me! That's amazing support.

#6420 2 years ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:Probably a good decision for you.
Honestly, the problems being reported are no worse than I'm seeing with other manufactures.
Buddy bought a Rush and the screws were over torqued. A TON of screws feel out and he had to move mechs and make new screw holes. I see Stern games needing flipper fans as they are over heating. Playfiled issues at JJP, etc.
Knock on wood, my SV is working well. I had an issue and raised a ticket. I also let Tommy at Nitro know and he called me! That's amazing support.

Tommy is great. I like dealing with him a lot.
once I see a game in person I might cha ge my mind, for now, I prefer to wait a bit.

Have other titles coming and that will keep me entertained for a bit.

#6421 2 years ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

This is completely false. The volume of issues with this machine compared to the total population is massive. I want to give them a chance to make it right since these are the issues all new companies probably go thru but to say it's similar to other companies is complete bullshit.

#6422 2 years ago

My Xeno magnet hasn’t had a successful grab since update to 2.5. Anyone else?

#6423 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Ones here at tpf seemed to be struggling on 2.5. I haven’t updated mine.

#6424 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

My Xeno grab doesn't work at all with V2.5, I opened a ticket and went back to V2.4, they are looking into it.

#6425 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I can tell you, I’ve seen the glass off on these a lot Herr at TPF. I’ve played like 4 games on em which were all a lot of fun, but definitely seems a little fragile.

That's definitely disappointing. I was hoping these issues would have been ironed out by now.

What kind of issues were being exhibited?

#6426 2 years ago

Yeah, it would be interesting to know if it is mechanical issues or code issues.

fatdirk is correct in saying that for the # of games out, there appear to be a lot of issues....but again...Spooky goes through the same thing, even on their 5th game. Pinballs are hand built so there are issues with human error. Eventually as long as they continue to be good with support, all should iron itself out.

New code always baffles me why there are glaring issues that lots of people see that they didn't catch before releasing it. I do not disagree with anyone who says they don't want to be a beta tester holding off on purchasing one.

That being said...aside from what seem to be a few people with difficult to fix issues, this game is awesome. Even more awesome if you love the theme. I think it would have remained more attractive if they hadn't had to raise the price.

#6427 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

revert back to 2.2.. factory settings go to 2.5 try again. The error i had with the 2.5 update and missed xeno was due to not being at factory settings on 2.4... once i did that, no issues at all on 2.5 now. Works as it shoudl.

#6428 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Make sure that your center magnet coil strength adjustment is set to NORMAL; this should fix it.

2.5 increased the default magnet strength used to grab the ball. If you adjust it to pull even stronger, this will trip some coil protection logic in the controller board firmware and shut off the magnet sooner.

A future code update will handle this automatically, but for now just change the adjustment and you should be good.

#6429 2 years ago

We unboxed my LV and it had zero issues. One scratched back panel that's it.

10 games or so and nothing wrong other than the beacons hardly go off. We will have a fix for that on our mod.

Added 4-5 mods and very happy.

#6430 2 years ago

I got my Alien geek on and got some signatures from both the "Big Boys"

Thanks Cato and Roger.

LE003 (resized).jpgLE003 (resized).jpg
#6431 2 years ago

LV-013 reporting in. Got the floor model from TPF. Only issue is the backbox was damaged in the shipping. Cointaker/Cato mentioned they will be sending me a replacement LV backbox when in stock.

The sound on it is amazing and couldn't truly be enjoyed fully on the TPF floor. PB/Cato went over the top in and literally went through all the switches to ensure all things were solid and not loose after 3 days of playing. I do know that with the latest release of software is priming for the next firmware version as I asked about the frequency of the as my wife likes to put it "woo-woos" on top. Sounds like that will be improved hopefully.

Modded up the buttons thanks for the custom rod/button dude at TPF.

And now to what you have been waiting for -

20220327_192448 (resized).jpg20220327_192448 (resized).jpg20220327_192456 (resized).jpg20220327_192456 (resized).jpg20220327_192503 (resized).jpg20220327_192503 (resized).jpg
#6432 2 years ago
Quoted from precisionk:

LV-013 reporting in. Got the floor model from TPF. Only issue is the backbox was damaged in the shipping. Cointaker/Cato mentioned they will be sending me a replacement LV backbox when in stock.
The sound on it is amazing and couldn't truly be enjoyed fully on the TPF floor. PB/Cato went over the top in and literally went through all the switches to ensure all things were solid and not loose after 3 days of playing. I do know that with the latest release of software is priming for the next firmware version as I asked about the frequency of the as my wife likes to put it "woo-woos" on top. Sounds like that will be improved hopefully.
Modded up the buttons thanks for the custom rod/button dude at TPF.
And now to what you have been waiting for - [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice mods buddy.....you need one more thing on the sides....lighted flipper buttons 12v from comet...

#6433 2 years ago

So all the floor models were sold first come first serve?

#6434 2 years ago

Yikes.

Totally agree very scary for me , just backed out of purchasing a mates so so relieved now

#6435 2 years ago

That translite is nxt level.
Been watching some footage done by wildogarcade on twitch and it is not a flowy pin I think but it does look like it has a really cool atmosphere.

Dammit! I want it…

How is the extra lighting in the LV???

#6436 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

I know the 2 LV's went in hours.

#6437 2 years ago

First time seeing it in the dark . Loving it!!!!!

20220327_213759 (resized).jpg20220327_213759 (resized).jpg20220327_213804 (resized).jpg20220327_213804 (resized).jpg20220327_213810 (resized).jpg20220327_213810 (resized).jpg20220327_213828 (resized).jpg20220327_213828 (resized).jpg20220327_213906 (resized).jpg20220327_213906 (resized).jpg
#6438 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

When I bought which was 30 min after day 1 show opening, 1 LV sold already, 2 SV's and my LV remained.

#6439 2 years ago

would you be able to send some gameplay footage with the lights off. I would like to see how bright the PF in the LV.

#6440 2 years ago
Quoted from precisionk:

When I bought which was 30 min after day 1 show opening, 1 LV sold already, 2 SV's and my LV remained.

Thanks for the info....
Nice grab enjoy your game.

#6441 2 years ago

Great pics!! Glad to see LVs starting to land, can’t wait to get mine!!

My Alien LV deposit to CoinTaker was September of 2021, Curious as to know how long / how many games PB can pump out in conjunction with the SV’s. Hope everyone gets their game no matter the version, curious to know how long PB is expecting to deliver all 1000 LV’s.

#6442 2 years ago

I just love that LV translite

As for the beacons going off - they should go off during queen mode and some others like sentry gun mb.. Do they not?

#6443 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

revert back to 2.2.. factory settings go to 2.5 try again. The error i had with the 2.5 update and missed xeno was due to not being at factory settings on 2.4... once i did that, no issues at all on 2.5 now. Works as it shoudl.

Do you need to go 2.2, 2.4 then 2.5 in order or can you go straight from 2.2 to 2.5 leaving out 2.4?

#6444 2 years ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

Do you need to go 2.2, 2.4 then 2.5 in order or can you go straight from 2.2 to 2.5 leaving out 2.4?

Yes, you can go directly from 2.2 to 2.5.

#6445 2 years ago

Made a few adjustments to the spinners and wow this game plays fast.. so satisfying getting multiple orbits ripping on Sentry Guns... love this pin.

SV/LV owners... let's get this game rated!!

#6446 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Made a few adjustments to the spinners and wow this game plays fast.. so satisfying getting multiple orbits ripping on Sentry Guns... love this pin.
SV/LV owners... let's get this game rated!!

Can you help me by providing more info on spinner adjustment? My right spinner stops sometimes upside down or sideways. When this happens, the ball will not hit it. Tried straightening the spinner shaft the best I could but it still behaves about the same. It doesn't seem to be bumping against the plastic.

#6447 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Can you help me by providing more info on spinner adjustment? My right spinner stops sometimes upside down or sideways. When this happens, the ball will not hit it. Tried straightening the spinner shaft the best I could but it still behaves about the same. It doesn't seem to be bumping against the plastic.

Ok. first i made sure that the wire forms right angles on the spinner were in fact right angles as close as possible being mindful of the switch throw distance.. i did not want to over bend the forms where the switch became fully stuck on as example. With the spinner in correct up down orientation, i then "pinched the spinner between index and thumb fingers" and either Pulled forward or backward to slightly bend the form so that the spinner was top/down oriented after a spin.. Always checking the spinner switch as you go..

My spinners are now up and down oriented and spin fast.

My issue was that both spinners had the bottoms facing the front, not up and down correct. So a shot would hit spinner bottom edge first and deaden the momentum making orbits difficult. Since this correction, they rip fast and mean.

#6448 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I had to file out some of the plastic adjacent to the right of the right spinner because the end of the wire that extends out of the right spinner was catching there.

#6449 2 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

Yes, you can go directly from 2.2 to 2.5.

Thanks, I'll try that now.

#6450 2 years ago
Quoted from precisionk:

I would be very interested to know where the beacons wire into the game if you have it open at some point.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 160.00
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Woodstock, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,775 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 376.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/129?hl=moat-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.