Alien pinball (resized).jpg
20240414_165244 (resized).jpg
20240307_181954 (resized).jpg
20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,775 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 376.
#6351 2 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Anyone still selling the airlock mod and the hypersleep mod? Would love to add some details to this beast.

I am, Airlock $65 shipped , Hypersleep Chamber $125 shipped, $170 for both, PM me if interested.

Please note that I cannot provide lighting due to the complexity of making it plug and play.

6695C41A-EBA0-4395-9118-6AA9C2F9430B (resized).jpeg6695C41A-EBA0-4395-9118-6AA9C2F9430B (resized).jpeg

#6352 2 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Anyone still selling the airlock mod and the hypersleep mod? Would love to add some details to this beast.

PM Mageek He makes both and they are awesome.

Opps he beat me to it. That guy in post before mine

#6353 2 years ago

Oh I didn't see that hypersleep chamber! I might have to snag one.

#6354 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Instead of replacing the flipper switches I made some “stiffeners”. Flippers feel beefy now
[quoted image][quoted image]

I put the STL file on Thingaverse for anyone that wants to print them.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5329896

#6355 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I am, Airlock $65 shipped , Hypersleep Chamber $125 shipped, $170 for both, PM me if interested.
Please note that I cannot provide lighting due to the complexity of making it plug and play.
[quoted image]

PM sent, thank you!

#6356 2 years ago

So who has the LV post some videos damn it!

#6357 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

So who has the LV post some videos damn it!

Tonight I might be able to do a quickie before heading out to TPF for 3 days....

#6358 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Tonight I might be able to do a quickie before heading out to TPF for 3 days....

Looking forward to meeting you in person at TPF. Can't wait to see your machine!

#6359 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Looking forward to meeting you in person at TPF. Can't wait to see your machine!

Who are you???

#6360 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Do yourself a favor and cut a post sleeve to fit around the right post that is directly to the right of the xeno head near target. Greatly reduces the bashing that the rubber here gets!!!

Thanks for the suggestion, mine is hanging on by a thread.

IMG_20220325_065752242 (resized).jpgIMG_20220325_065752242 (resized).jpg
#6361 2 years ago

Playing our Alien SV tonight! 9pm EDT twitch.tv/wilddogarcade

#6362 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Can you confirm if your LV has the double switch flipper stack already installed?

#6363 2 years ago

Is Alien doing a seminar at the show?
If you know of it when it is being streamed please post the link.

Just watched CGC and their seminar about cactus canyon and it was great.

#6364 2 years ago

Aliens have landed at TPF

04D281A8-B993-464D-976D-2D9293DC7172 (resized).jpeg04D281A8-B993-464D-976D-2D9293DC7172 (resized).jpeg
#6365 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Is Alien doing a seminar at the show?

Not on the schedule.

https://texaspinball.com/tpf/events/

LTG : )

#6366 2 years ago

I am an official owner of a LV!

20220325_180841 (resized).jpg20220325_180841 (resized).jpg
#6367 2 years ago
Quoted from precisionk:

I am an official owner of a LV![quoted image]

Did you play it!!

Please somebody at the show ask them why they do not use eos at the flippers

#6368 2 years ago

Did you play it!!

Please somebody at the show ask them why they do not use eos at the flippers

Yes I did! Definitely different flippers. It was the first thing I immediately notice. Softer per say? Squishy perhaps? Comparing to my SW Premium, which is pretty snappy on the flip. I didn't get to see the the xeno snatch up the ball. Ramps on the left are difficult at time to get up, but I admit I am just a filthy casual when it comes to playing. The field is MUCH brighter on the LV compared to SV. LED side lighting is cool.

#6369 2 years ago
Quoted from precisionk:

Fuggin' Glorious!

#6370 2 years ago

At this point I have my flipper 'squish' minimized (way lower game angle, flipper coils +35%) and I know to livecatch the ball when it comrs at the left flipper fastwhen it comes out of airlock. At least now if I just leave a flipper engaged to absorb a fast blow, it will 'catch' it and softly pass it back to the inlane usually, rather than just knock the flipper down. The +35% coils do make the flippers almost to powerful for the game, I also hope they add EOS option in the next update..

#6371 2 years ago

I honestly don't know what you guys are doing, but I have my flippers turned down -10%....there is literally nothing wrong with the flippers on mine. The button feel sucks, but snappy they are. Touchy as hell actually. I'm not saying there aren't people with issues, just wondering what the issue is. I wonder if something changed in the build/parts later in the run...

It's strange how similar to R&M this scenario is - people not having the same flipper feels and knock downs.

#6372 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I honestly don't know what you guys are doing, but I have my flippers turned down -10%....there is literally nothing wrong with the flippers on mine. The button feel sucks, but snappy they are. Touchy as hell actually. I wonder if something changed in the build/parts later in the run...
It's strange how similar to R&M this scenario is - people not having the same flipper feels and knock downs.

Sounds like a tuning issue, has anybody asked PB support?
The button feel, can the switches just be replaced for a William equivalent?

#6373 2 years ago

I will go back and try the others just to see how the flippers feel if any difference.

#6374 2 years ago

I’d be all over these guys at the show asking nerdy questions lol.

More importantly why do the boards have eos connectors but no eos switches…

Why are the flippers flopping down in some games?

#6375 2 years ago

I will correct myself -- I"m not sure what setting they set to +15 and it's been so long since I've set it, I don't recall if there were multiple power settings per flipper or not. I know I backed some down because they were too powerful...but there may be some timing settings for knockdowns in there. If so, I probably raised the hold power.

#6376 2 years ago

If any of you are at the show, can go see the guys from tpn and see if they want to go shoot the Alien!!

They are playing Cactus Canyon next to the Alien booth.
I am watching their stream

#6377 2 years ago

By the way, rumor has it an apron similar to the HP one will be a future potential add on..

#6378 2 years ago

I have my main lower flippers tuned down to 10% weaker as well. I gapped my flipper switches more and it feels a little better because they were really touchy. I have however noticed the flipper drop every once in a while. Don’t know what causes that.

#6379 2 years ago
Quoted from billsgto:

Thanks for the suggestion, mine is hanging on by a thread.
[quoted image]

Holy smokes! I had a look at mine, too and it's completely shattered as well. It's more like a rubber thong now. Time for a sleeve!

#6380 2 years ago
Quoted from precisionk:

Awesome brother.

Text me at the show and lets meet.

214 232 0226

#6381 2 years ago

Any DFW area Alien owners lets meet up today for a bit. #AlienClub2022

#6382 2 years ago

Sounds like a tuning issue, has anybody asked PB support?
The button feel, can the switches just be replaced for a William equivalent?

Just a PSA, you have to replace them with the current Stern switches if you want them to have more resistance at feel. They do indeed feel very light, but you can space them a bit if they are too sensitive or replace the switches with the Stern switches if you want more the touch to be more familiar.

#6383 2 years ago

I got to meet Cato last night at TPF during the Big Smoke. He was sitting w/ Steve Ritchie most of the evening and I didn’t want to disturb, but did grab him later on while things were wrapping up. He remembered me from my issues with one of the earliest games delivered.

He mentioned that support cases have gone way down which is great to hear. Newer delivered machines generally just have shipping related issues (loose wires, etc). The factory is able to handle support cases as well now, instead of everything going through him.

LV is all sold out (not sure if that was well known - I’m not on this thread much anymore). No plans for a price hike.

I didn’t play the LV yet but will do so today. First impression is that I’m not sure how much I like the side lighting. It is hard to judge on a showroom floor but it almost seems too bright and you lose some of the creepy atmosphere.

#6384 2 years ago

Guys at the CT booth said the PB guys are there(didn't get to meet them), so if people at the show have questions technical or otherwise, have an opportunity to ask them directly.

#6385 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

I got to meet Cato last night at TPF during the Big Smoke. He was sitting w/ Steve Ritchie most of the evening and I didn’t want to disturb, but did grab him later on while things were wrapping up. He remembered me from my issues with one of the earliest games delivered.
He mentioned that support cases have gone way down which is great to hear. Newer delivered machines generally just have shipping related issues (loose wires, etc). The factory is able to handle support cases as well now, instead of everything going through him.
LV is all sold out (not sure if that was well known - I’m not on this thread much anymore). No plans for a price hike.
I didn’t play the LV yet but will do so today. First impression is that I’m not sure how much I like the side lighting. It is hard to judge on a showroom floor but it almost seems too bright and you lose some of the creepy atmosphere.

I wonder if the leds has a setting for brightness? If so, should be able to help.

#6386 2 years ago

Looks liker pinstadiums to me...just doesn't work with this machine and looks like it makes the EL blades not pop. Are they on the whole time, or do they flash/change colors/run?

#6387 2 years ago

LV is all sold out (not sure if that was well known - I’m not on this thread much anymore).

They still list spots for sale on Cointaker website this morning

#6388 2 years ago

At the show, they had a sign showing pre-orders targetted for late 2021.

#6389 2 years ago

I’m sure LV lighting seems way brighter in pics than in real life. Just like when everyone thought Halloween’s LEDs would be too bright. Curious to hear what people think who are playing it but I’m liking what I’m seeing for sure on the streams.

As for the support and PBs - it’s one of the most important things for me about this game vs the original. I really appreciate having that support if need be and so far they are killing it. Even though the last OG alien I had played perfectly fine, I never liked that one day I return to it and one of the I/O boards goes and now I have a brick with no support.

Thank you Pinball brothers for resurrecting one of the best.

#6390 2 years ago

Has anybody at the show used the opportunity of having the techs right there, to ask why EOS switched are not being used, and, why are some people flipper issues/knock down, etc.

It is really a great chance to discuss the game design and to understand the logic behind this design choice.

#6391 2 years ago

Has anybody at the show used the opportunity of having the techs right there, to ask why EOS switched are not being used, and, why are some people flipper issues/knock down, etc.
It is really a great chance to discuss the game design and to understand the logic behind this design choice.

This isn't really a question is it? Why are eos not installed? Cost cutting. Why are flippers getting knocked down? Because there aren't eos switches.

#6392 2 years ago

LV is all sold out (not sure if that was well known - I’m not on this thread much anymore). .

LV is sold out?

#6393 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

LV is sold out?

Talked to Melissa from CT and is NOT sold out.

#6394 2 years ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Talked to Melissa from CT and is NOT sold out.

Thats the person to ask!
Thx

#6395 2 years ago

Heres my question for the day - has anybody been using a 'hard' power reset to turn their game on (ie. On a switched circuit or a breaker with other games) or do you need to use the power button to shut down the game everytime?

I would like to turn the game on/off with a wall switch, but I am nervous just 'cutting' power to a computer-based game

#6396 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

This isn't really a question is it? Why are eos not installed? Cost cutting. Why are flippers getting knocked down? Because there aren't eos switches.

That does not make any sense sorry.
I think the question still remains.

#6397 2 years ago

Well the new I/O board I was sent released the magic smoke. I can't find any obvious shorts in my game. Anyone else have ongoing issues like this? I was also having these odd switch errors when it was first plugged in and it looked like the coindoor switches were shorting out.

PXL_20220326_150048269 (resized).jpgPXL_20220326_150048269 (resized).jpgPXL_20220326_151442330 (resized).jpgPXL_20220326_151442330 (resized).jpgPXL_20220326_151442330 (resized).jpgPXL_20220326_151442330 (resized).jpg
#6398 2 years ago

^ooof that’s brutal! Something is plugged in wrong or coil lugs touching metal or wires somewhere I suspect!

Wondering about ongoing issues with software people are having. Seems like a lot of home use folk here but as an op this game has been really buggy, we have to power cycle it frequently. Controlled lamps go out, coils stop and balls drain, coin slots stop working. A reset fixes it each time but it’s super annoying for players and the staff — and when it happens on league night its a whole thing. I hope this is stuff addressed in software updates and not some innate hardware issue!

#6399 2 years ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

Heres my question for the day - has anybody been using a 'hard' power reset to turn their game on (ie. On a switched circuit or a breaker with other games) or do you need to use the power button to shut down the game everytime?
I would like to turn the game on/off with a wall switch, but I am nervous just 'cutting' power to a computer-based game

Its never been an issue on my jjp games and they are pc based

#6400 2 years ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

I turn mine on and off with a smart outlet. Flipping the switch to the power supply is the same as turning off a breaker. There’s no shut down option like a PC has.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Woodstock, GA
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 160.00
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,775 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 376.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/128?hl=jdub03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.