20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2635 (resized).JPG
IMG_2634 (resized).JPG
IMG_2633 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,754 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 376.
#6151 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I think mine might be a lemon.

You clearly had issues. Did they get fixed or are they still trying to figure it out?

#6152 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

There is the possibility they never get to the LV's....hate to be that guy.....but let's face it....it is definitely a possibility.

#6153 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If a container is shipped only to find out they all have major issues, that's going to be a problem. I am skeptically optimistic at this point. The refundable deposit is definitely a plus.

#6154 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I realize I'm no pinball engineer, and there's lots of parts to a machine, but wouldn't one assume that they would have tested the game enough to see things like what is mentioned here? I realize maybe not 100% of the code, but switches at the very least.

Quoted from Zablon:

Well hopefully they get it figured out. Seems like yet another thing that you would have thought was already re-engineered on this release.

Quoted from Zablon:

LOL...I was actually in the middle of debating typing this. I'm the opposite. The more this goes on, and the more I look at other threads, I am thinking about cancelling.
I realized I would not accept this from ANY other industry. NONE. As hobbyists, we've basically put ourselves in this mindset that 'we' are lucky they are being made, when it really should be the other way around. 'They' should feel lucky we want to buy them. But in talking in another thread regarding opinions, I realized, I wouldn't put up with this in any other hobby. They would fix or replace or refund said item quickly. I realize we can say 'niche' but since it is niche it should be QUALITY out the door if they want to sell them.
That is not what we are getting from these companies. They've got us wrapped around their fingers and they know it, so they don't have to put quality out the door. It's pretty infuriating to be honest. They don't have to respond, they don't have to update code if they choose not to, they sure as hell don't have to offer any kind of refunds or discounts. They can completely ignore the issue and nothing happens. The 'it's pinball' so expect has morphed from used games with things that need fixed/tweaked to full on, don't expect a working game out of the box. That is completely crazy.

Quoted from Zablon:

..it is really a sad state that games are shipping with known defects of 'we'll deal with it later' mentality. This isn't exclusive to PB either. Since apparently they are already making LV's according to their FB page, it is very likely they are STILL shipping with parts that will need replaced.
I worked factory line jobs for a number of years, and that is not how it was done back then. The fixes were made and done BEFORE shipping them out if the issue was already known about.
When people talk about how quality is down, it is a true reality.

Notice a pattern here? You do the same thing!

#6155 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

It's a shame how many yes-men cheerleaders are in here ignoring blatant quality issues on this remake.

This!

#6156 2 years ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

When did you order?

When they were taking deposits for the SV. Melissa started taking orders for the LV and I believe mine is number 16.

#6157 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You clearly had issues. Did they get fixed or are they still trying to figure it out?

Not yet - game is 20 miles away. Going to check it out today. PB said it's probably a power issue.

#6158 2 years ago

2.5 anyone updated?

Screenshot_20220318-074829_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220318-074829_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220318-074836_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220318-074836_Google (resized).jpg

#6159 2 years ago

Make sure you have a back up of 2.4 software before upgrading. I just upgraded to 2.5 and after ambush multi skill shot to start ambush MB i lost both right flippers and the auto launch and manual launch went dead. Multiball woudl not start. had ball sitting in shooter lane. left side ok. Right side dead. I pulled the log files, opened ticket with PBros and rebooted machine.. I am reverting to 2.4.

Side note.. there are a ton of other adjustments in this software.. all kinds of new options to adjust.

#6160 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Notice a pattern here? You do the same thing!

Sure, but I had money on it. Do you? I'm fully aware of concerns as I had my own clearly, and you have people here stating that the concerns aren't as bad as we thought. The wait times SUCK, but that's not a PB only issue. While the initial issues can indeed be frustrating and as I've stated the game isn't perfect, the issues have been minimal for many and PB support has been great. My tune changed once I got the game and actually saw that the issues aren't that bad (also EARLY in the run). There's been plenty of people who've shared the same experience.

I'm fair though, maybe my expectations are skewed because I was coming off R&M which was...work. This was a breeze compared to that one. I wouldn't tell anyone not to buy one at this point. The game is that fun.

#6161 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Sure, but I had money on it. Do you? I'm fully aware of concerns, and you have people here stating that the concerns aren't as bad as we thought. The wait times SUCK, but that's not a PB only issue.

Don't even bother responding. What's funny is I have his account ignored b/c he's such a waste of time and when I look at this thread I always see Ignore user comment and the next reply is always someone saying stop being a troll! It's literally the same thing all the time. I don't mind some controversy here and there but guys - do yourselves a favor (b/c some people are just lost and toxic) - and well, leverage the features this website provides to help with annoying things like this. I typically don't do that but he loves to live in this thread and it's beyond a waste a time. The best part is, when he reads this and thinks he has a good reply which is nothing but another embarrassment, I can't even see it! haha

#6162 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Sure, but I had money on it. Do you? I'm fully aware of concerns, and you have people here stating that the concerns aren't as bad as we thought. The wait times SUCK, but that's not a PB only issue.

Having been an early adopter, I can say with confidence that the main concerns have been resolved. I had my share of issues, but PB support was awesome and they did bend over backwards to resolve all my issues. The main issue with mine was an intermittent lockup problem with board 6 Rev. A. Ever since I got Board 6 Rev. D, the issue completely went away. So any new machine going out will not have that problem. The rest of the issues were adjustments and other minor part replacements that people have been mentioning in here. Once the game is working, it appears to stay working... that is a great sign for the machine. Sure... there will be one-off issues here and there... but most of the time, the fixes for these issues are pretty easy and straightforward. I love how easy it is to swap parts on this game.

So I wouldn't worry if you have some problem with your machine. Just open a ticket with PB and they will help you to get it fixed.

#6163 2 years ago

Interesting that beacons/shaker says "at this moment" ....

#6164 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Interesting that beacons/shaker says "at this moment" ....

supposedly pbros is opening up a parts store at some point.. maybe theyll have these for sale?

#6165 2 years ago

I've had 2 questions/minor issues about my game and opened a ticket both times. Within 12 hours I had replies, pics, answers and then a follow up email to see if it was resolved. I think it was Andrea. Great service if anyone is worried about pulling the trigger.

#6166 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Having been an early adopter, I can say with confidence that the main concerns have been resolved. I had my share of issues, but PB support was awesome and they did bend over backwards to resolve all my issues. The main issue with mine was an intermittent lockup problem with board 6 Rev. A. Ever since I got Board 6 Rev. D, the issue completely went away. So any new machine going out will not have that problem. The rest of the issues were adjustments and other minor part replacements that people have been mentioning in here. Once the game is working, it appears to stay working... that is a great sign for the machine. Sure... there will be one-off issues here and there... but most of the time, the fixes for these issues are pretty easy and straightforward. I love how easy it is to swap parts on this game.
So I wouldn't worry if you have some problem with your machine. Just open a ticket with PB and they will help you to get it fixed.

I am not here to cheerlead anybody, I don't care about any pinball company that screws me over, I am not in Stern's thread cheering for anything.
We are not in the 1990's anymore and Bally nor Williams are not making games anymore.

We are living through a really cool moment in pinball history now, in my life I get to experience pinball twice, once as a kid which is what hook me on it, and then now, as child-adult, lol.

I am grateful to be alive and being in this moment, I never thought I would own a pinball and now I will own 5. It is really a lot of fun for me.

All that to say, I have been really immersed in the hobby for the last 14 months and learned a lot about things, got to compare built quality of every game manufacturer and I know what makes a good game.

I am buying this game unseen because I am taking the word from 3 other collectors in my area who have been in the hobby for a lot longer that I have and they say this game is amazing. 2 of them now own this game and both of them have call it the best game currently being made.

These are people that have own or own every other game currently being made, not EM collectors if you catch my drift and this people know their stuff nor they buy junk.

So I bought one, I am looking forward to seeing mine, it looks amazing in the pictures and the theme is killer! so I am in!

And last, I am keen on supporting a company that is putting so much effort in making it right, giving excellent support (yes I have heard about these collectors getting in touch with PB and the service is excellent I have heard). So I would take this over dealing with Stern who does not even offers me a ticket number and when they sent me a defective game they take a week to respond and the list goes on.

So there you have it, I will support this company sight unseen for all the reasons stated above and report back once I get to experience it on my own.

#6167 2 years ago
Quoted from Slapfighter:

2.5 anyone updated?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Ooh, flipper staging!

Does anyone know where to get this 0.7 firmware? Not seeing it on the site

#6168 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Ooh, flipper staging!

Says it is forthcoming so don't think it is out yet.

Also, agreed, flipper staging would be helpful on this game..however..I'm horrible at actually using it lol.

#6169 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Ooh, flipper staging!

I am hoping we can get a part number for new flipper switch and wiring diagram.. i imagine it is different?

#6170 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

I am hoping we can get a part number for new flipper switch and wiring diagram.. i imagine it is different?

I've created a ticket asking for just that. Will post if I can get it working. I wonder if the LVs come with them?

#6171 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I've created a ticket asking for just that. Will post if I can get it working. I wonder if the LVs come with them?

is that dependent on firmware or not.. the changelog left me confused but then again it is friday and i am burnt

#6172 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

is that dependent on firmware or not.. the changelog left me confused but then again it is friday and i am burnt

I got the impression from reading it that the LV exclusive things were what relied on the new firmware.

I would caution those deciding to upgrade right away because since they are basically splintering the code for 2 versions, who knows what will happen. Generally, as you do things like this, you break other things in the process.

#6173 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I got the impression from reading it that the LV exclusive things were what relied on the new firmware.
I would caution those deciding to upgrade right away because since they are basically splintering the code for 2 versions, who knows what will happen. Generally, as you do things like this, you break other things in the process.

truth.. xeno grab on magnet is broken for me and the first few games i lost right side flippers and auto launch during ambush multiball. It worked itself out.. so i have no idea how that worked out.

#6174 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

truth.. xeno grab on magnet is broken for me and the first few games i lost right side flippers and auto launch during ambush multiball. It worked itself out.. so i have no idea how that worked out.

in the notes they said they added a timing option. did you mess with that?

#6175 2 years ago

I had a bunch of people over last night and Alien got the most play. It played for multiple hours without any lockups or noticeable bugs, so that's good I guess. (on .24)

#6176 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

in the notes they said they added a timing option. did you mess with that?

yep.. maxed it out.. no change on any setting from default to max. Magnet grabs, tongue gets within 1 inch.. magnet releases LOL>

#6177 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

yep.. maxed it out.. no change on any setting from default to max. Magnet grabs, tongue gets within 1 inch.. magnet releases LOL>

i did not try lowering the setting.. what if it is lower is stronger and higher is weaker.. going to test this afternoon.

#6178 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

i did not try lowering the setting.. what if it is lower is stronger and higher is weaker.. going to test this afternoon.

Didnt work.. womp womp womp.. going to revert to 2.4 if i can.

#6179 2 years ago

Just got my machine yesterday (Ontario through Nitro) game plays pretty great lit of the box - I adjusted the flipper coil strength up +35% to get rid of 'spongy' flippers. I also had to remove & bend the shooter lane wireform so the ball would launch smoothly everytime , and my third 'problem' is the microswitch wire in the shooter lane needed some serious adjustment (I had to fully reshape it! Lol) so that the ball wouldnt get stuck on the edge of the trough, and so the auto shooter stopper hammering it forward. After an hour or two of adjustment it is my new favourite game. I dont have any issues with the quality or design of my unit whatsoever!

My only complaint - this whole thread is so clogged with crap I cant find any if the helpful suggestions for coil adjustments etc. Is there an up-to-date post with all this info??

#6180 2 years ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

Just got my machine yesterday (Ontario through Nitro) game plays pretty great lit of the box - I adjusted the flipper coil strength up +35% to get rid of 'spongy' flippers. I also had to remove & bend the shooter lane wireform so the ball would launch smoothly everytime , and my third 'problem' is the microswitch wire in the shooter lane needed some serious adjustment (I had to fully reshape it! Lol) so that the ball wouldnt get stuck on the edge of the trough, and so the auto shooter stopper hammering it forward. After an hour or two of adjustment it is my new favourite game. I dont have any issues with the quality or design of my unit whatsoever!
My only complaint - this whole thread is so clogged with crap I cant find any if the helpful suggestions for coil adjustments etc. Is there an up-to-date post with all this info??

Awesome to hear.
Agreed on, the thread needs some stickies with the important stuff

#6181 2 years ago

I have seen little consistency in what is required for some. All of my settings are default, except I think I dropped the power on the ball trough (to the shooter lane) and the power to the upper flippers because they were causing airballs. Others raised them. There was the power to the orbit stoppers, but I never had an issue with them...

Maybe with .25 when the kinks get worked out there will be more standard settings.

#6182 2 years ago

Ok did some deep dive troubleshooting today. The right side 48v power rail is dead at the board. Fuses all are good. Will update after PB responds.

#6183 2 years ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

I found this post on the thread, there's a lot of good info here and he even segments his video so you can skip to what interests you the most.. I have asked for it to be added as a Key post. These can be found at the top of every page. If anyone else has good information to post like coil settings, flipper power etc. that other owners may find useful add it here and I will ask for it to be added as a key post. We all should start posting more information for the new owners to help them as best we can, so they are not trying to go through a whole bunch of "crap" to find the help they need. This is the "owners" thread let's make it the best we can

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/100#post-6695114

Props to brenna98 for this video

#6184 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I found this post on the thread, there's a lot of good info here and he even segments his video so you can skip to what interests you the most.. I have asked for it to be added as a Key post. These can be found at the top of every page. If anyone else has good information to post like coil settings, flipper power etc. that other owners may find useful add it here and I will ask for it to be added as a key post. We all should start posting more information for the new owners to help them as best we can, so they are not trying to go through a whole bunch of "crap" to find the help they need. This is the "owners" thread let's make it the best we can
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/100#post-6695114

Problem is...I'm not really sure much of that is still relevant after code update and issues that were found/resolved in later games. Hard to tell since there seems there was different part #'s being used on some games.

#6185 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Problem is...I'm not really sure much of that is still relevant after code update and issues that were found/resolved in later games. Hard to tell since there seems there was different part #'s being used on some games.

That is true but I'm sure it can at least help some folks. It was only made 2 months ago and 2.4 code has been out longer than that. If you are referring to the new 2.5 code I won't be taking that on for a while as mine is playing flawless with 2.4 and it seems most of the code change is for the incoming LV. Now I would love to get staging flippers on my SV but we will have to wait and see if that is possible along with shaker motor incorporation. If you have some good tips to post that we could make a key post please do. I have noticed that you are always posting positive comments here and I applaud you for that, please keep it up we need to drown out the debbie downers that invade here

#6186 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

That is true but I'm sure it can at least help some folks. It was only made 2 months ago and 2.4 code has been out longer than that. If you are referring to the new 2.5 code I won't be taking that on for a while as mine is playing flawless with 2.4 and it seems most of the code change is for the incoming LV. Now I would love to get staging flippers on my SV but we will have to wait and see if that is possible along with shaker motor incorporation. If you have some good tips to post that we could make a key post please do. I have noticed that you are always posting positive comments here and I applaud you for that, please keep it up we need to drown out the debbie downers that invade here

I honestly don't have anything I had to do that would help anyone. The worst issues I had were the gen2 targets, and the center magnet not tightening and those were taken care of by PB.

#6187 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

thanks for reminding us of that video. I cant understand why they went that direction with the flippers. Catching the ball is going to be really different with no EOS switch. Is there something they can do code wise to keep a flipper engaged even when the ball hits it?

Sidenote. I thought I would have my SV about a month ago or so but Im in the same boat as many of you. Cant wait to get it

#6188 2 years ago

I’m still on version 2.3G because I thought people were having issues with 2.4. My game plays pretty good on this version so what changed and why should I go to version 2.4? The only thing that gives me problems every once in a while, is the trough eject. I have the strength dialed down I think 25% and most of the time it gently puts the ball in the shooter lane. Sometimes too hard and it bounces back. Sometimes too soft and gets stuck right at the top. Not really consistent. I’ve lost a ball several times though as it ejects once and bounces back, ejects again and bounces back again, sits for a moment and then ball over. I even tried putting a small piece of deadening foam at the shooter wall so it doesn’t kick back so hard but not really working the best. Maybe I’ll get a thicker or more absorbing piece to try and lighten that eject from bouncing back. If you lessen the coil strength too much it doesn’t make it to the shooter lane and gets stuck at the top of the trough.
This game really does kick ass though! Theme, sounds, and shots make it a step above anything else that is being built right now IMO. I like Stern, I have 3 of their games, but all the latest releases seem the same to me. Same old same old. It’s great to have something different. I find it to be a rather difficult game but satisfying to shoot when you can make the shots. That left out lane dumps me a lot so I use the upper left flipper to try and keep the ball away from the left side as much as possible. The left ramp does block the view there and that is one negative I have about this game. I need to be able to see the ball at all times. I hope they incorporate a real knocker for the SV cause that screeetch is even worse than Sterns.

#6189 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I’m still on version 2.3G because I thought people were having issues with 2.4. My game plays pretty good on this version so what changed and why should I go to version 2.4? The only thing that gives me problems every once in a while, is the trough eject. I have the strength dialed down I think 25% and most of the time it gently puts the ball in the shooter lane. Sometimes too hard and it bounces back. Sometimes too soft and gets stuck right at the top. Not really consistent. I’ve lost a ball several times though as it ejects once and bounces back, ejects again and bounces back again, sits for a moment and then ball over. I even tried putting a small piece of deadening foam at the shooter wall so it doesn’t kick back so hard but not really working the best. Maybe I’ll get a thicker or more absorbing piece to try and lighten that eject from bouncing back. If you lessen the coil strength too much it doesn’t make it to the shooter lane and gets stuck at the top of the trough.
This game really does kick ass though! Theme, sounds, and shots make it a step above anything else that is being built right now IMO. I like Stern, I have 3 of their games, but all the latest releases seem the same to me. Same old same old. It’s great to have something different. I find it to be a rather difficult game but satisfying to shoot when you can make the shots. That left out lane dumps me a lot so I use the upper left flipper to try and keep the ball away from the left side as much as possible. The left ramp does block the view there and that is one negative I have about this game. I need to be able to see the ball at all times. I hope they incorporate a real knocker for the SV cause that screeetch is even worse than Sterns.

I think the biggest thing 2.4 was fixing was the pausing in the airlock and muthr shots. Among other bugs. Far fewer random lockups in 2.4. They made some Xeno magnet adjustments in it as well (and power selection). My experience with it was better, but I went from 2.2 to 2.4.

#6190 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

thanks for reminding us of that video. I cant understand why they went that direction with the flippers. Catching the ball is going to be really different with no EOS switch. Is there something they can do code wise to keep a flipper engaged even when the ball hits it?
Sidenote. I thought I would have my SV about a month ago or so but Im in the same boat as many of you. Cant wait to get it

Doesn't work the same. R&M also uses this method (but not the same backends). It is really all code/pulse based and as long as they have it coded correctly it isn't an issue. Trapping a ball or flipper drop has not been an issue. (It was a big issue on R&M for awhile)

#6191 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

There is absolutely no problems with the flippers , they are every bit as robust as any other game in my collection. Let’s not fixate on end of stroke , there is different technology in use here. For one thing these are single wound coils so theres no coil to disengage through the use of a EOS switch.

#6192 2 years ago

so the flippers are no longer flopping down when receiving a ball off the scoop as shown in the video posted above?

#6193 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I’m still on version 2.3G because I thought people were having issues with 2.4. My game plays pretty good on this version so what changed and why should I go to version 2.4? The only thing that gives me problems every once in a while, is the trough eject.

That trough eject problem sounds like an issue brado426 had with his game. IIRC it turned out to be a board issue (but don't quote me on that ) Is yours one of the earlier ones like ours? I'm hoping he will chime in on here and let us know what the issue turned out to be. I know he hasn't had any issues lately since PB have sent him newer boards.

I have only recently updated to 2.4 because I wasn't having any problems with 2.2G and I wanted to go to the latest update so I could test the prototype apron with the code most people would have, just to be sure the apron electronics were working without causing any issues with the game. I'm happy to report all is well and the game plays flawlessly. The one thing I did notice is I think they changed the scoring because on my first game with the new code I got close to 500mil and my previous best was only 330 million but YMMV, other than that I think they added more settings in the menus, but I'm sure someone else could chime in and let us know the changes. The one bug I still have is when the machine boots up sometimes the backbox monitor doesn't come on, it will boot and show the Linux code but doesn't show the blue screen with the software version on it, then it stay black I have to turn it off then back on again to fix it. I have a ticket in to Cato and he says they're aware of this "black screen" bug and says to check this post...
https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80000932223-black-screen-on-power-on-

#6194 2 years ago

Yes, mine is one of the earlier models. I had my share of issues but got em all taken care of thanks to Cato and the care packages. I’ll have to note my current coil settings and upgrade to 2.4. Maybe the trough issue will go away, wishful thinking.

#6195 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Resetting the magnet strenght to factory default (+0%) fixed this for me. YMMV ......

#6196 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

There is absolutely no problems with the flippers , they are every bit as robust as any other game in my collection. Let’s not fixate on end of stroke , there is different technology in use here. For one thing these are single wound coils so theres no coil to disengage through the use of a EOS switch.

Dual or single wound has nothing to do with it. If you don't have an eos your coils WILL have knock down issues. Single wound just makes it worse. Every manufacturer that's tried it has eventually ended up adding eos to their later games

#6197 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Yes, mine is one of the earlier models. I had my share of issues but got em all taken care of thanks to Cato and the care packages. I’ll have to note my current coil settings and upgrade to 2.4. Maybe the trough issue will go away, wishful thinking.

The coil strengths is one of the things that changed in 2.4 so it would be better to start from scratch rather than setting them as they were before. I did increase the xeno magnet +30 and UR flipper +15 I believe.

#6198 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Dual or single wound has nothing to do with it. If you don't have an eos your coils WILL have knock down issues. Single wound just makes it worse. Every manufacturer that's tried it has eventually ended up adding eos to their later games

Is the game suffering of flipper knock down issues? Or has this been resolved

#6199 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Is the game suffering of flipper knock down issues? Or has this been resolved

If this is happening, I think the flipper nut simply needs to be tightened. This never happens on my machine. It works exactly the same as my Funhouse flippers, which do have EOS.

#6200 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

That trough eject problem sounds like an issue brado426 had with his game. IIRC it turned out to be a board issue (but don't quote me on that ) Is yours one of the earlier ones like ours? I'm hoping he will chime in on here and let us know what the issue turned out to be. I know he hasn't had any issues lately since PB have sent him newer boards.
I have only recently updated to 2.4 because I wasn't having any problems with 2.2G and I wanted to go to the latest update so I could test the prototype apron with the code most people would have, just to be sure the apron electronics were working without causing any issues with the game. I'm happy to report all is well and the game plays flawlessly. The one thing I did notice is I think they changed the scoring because on my first game with the new code I got close to 500mil and my previous best was only 330 million but YMMV, other than that I think they added more settings in the menus, but I'm sure someone else could chime in and let us know the changes. The one bug I still have is when the machine boots up sometimes the backbox monitor doesn't come on, it will boot and show the Linux code but doesn't show the blue screen with the software version on it, then it stay black I have to turn it off then back on again to fix it. I have a ticket in to Cato and he says they're aware of this "black screen" bug and says to check this post...
https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80000932223-black-screen-on-power-on-

The problem I was experiencing was with Board 6 Rev. A. When your trough starts experiencing problems, take notice if the "ROUNDS" LEDs and all the LEDs at the bottom of the playfield stop working or start changing to weird colors. In my case, the trough would eject multiple balls into the shooter lane or just plain stop working. If that is the case, you need a new board 6 Rev. D and should contact PB. I believe the problem has something to do with the JST connector hub boards that the pop bumpers and facehugger bumpers plug into, because Board 6 Rev D eliminates those hubs. To eliminate the hubs, PB may have you replace a couple other boards (board 4 and one other board.. can't remember the number). In summary, PB is aware of this issue and knows how to solve it... so open a ticket if you experience this.

Notice that boards 1 and 4 connect to board 6... so what was happening in my case is board 6 suddenly fails to send the proper signals to boards 1 and 4. Replacing board 6 COMPLETELY resolved my lockup issues. It was really hard to troubleshoot because it was so intermittent. PB took care of me though. Really appreciate their support! Cato #1!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 160.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,754 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 376.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/124?hl=mbrave77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.