Alien pinball (resized).jpg
20240414_165244 (resized).jpg
20240307_181954 (resized).jpg
20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,775 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 376.
#6051 2 years ago

Is there a recommendation for shaker motor to install? Has anyone added one to their SV yet?

#6052 2 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

Is there a recommendation for shaker motor to install? Has anyone added one to their SV yet?

General concensus is they're not needed with this incredible audio package!

#6053 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Im really surprised you guys havent come up with an apron LCD mod for the PB machines?

I'm working on one at the moment, just need the right panel to finish it. All other components ready.

Main screen is more difficult than the airlock screen. Will keep everyone posted. Going to incorporate it with my apron overlay panel art. Its a while off yet.

IMG_20211220_154604_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20211220_154604_01 (resized).jpgreceived_260732789448455 (resized).jpegreceived_260732789448455 (resized).jpeg
#6054 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

I'm working on one at the moment, just need the right panel to finish it. All other components ready.
Main screen is more difficult than the airlock screen. Will keep everyone posted. Going to incorporate it with my apron overlay panel art. Its a while off yet.[quoted image][quoted image]

I just want one that plays cool scenes from the movies.

#6055 2 years ago

Anyone know if there is a way to capture the main screen HDMI for streaming ?

#6056 2 years ago

I want the main screen on the apron so I know wtf is going on! Fastest widebody I know!

#6057 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Anyone know if there is a way to capture the main screen HDMI for streaming ?

Haven’t done it yet but pretty sure you can just use an HDMI splitter

#6058 2 years ago

Looks like the LV is going to be at TPF.

9F048DF2-A41B-486D-A24B-6900B844DDC6 (resized).png9F048DF2-A41B-486D-A24B-6900B844DDC6 (resized).png
#6059 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Haven’t done it yet but pretty sure you can just use an HDMI splitter

I wish … The HDMI in the back box is only for the small screen not the main. The main screen I believe is connected internally to the PC mainboard behind it.

#6060 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I wish … The HDMI in the back box is only for the small screen not the main. The main screen I believe is connected internally to the PC mainboard behind it.

You might be able to use this on the LVDS cable that goes into the main display.

ebay.com link: itm

And then convert to HDMI.

https://arcademodup.com/product/lvds-to-hdmi-adapter-board-converter-compatible-with-1080p-resolution/
G-6ml50g25ycLSH5Miz0eFKCbvyigomvug (resized).pngG-6ml50g25ycLSH5Miz0eFKCbvyigomvug (resized).png

This is the pic inside Alien>

#6061 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

You might be able to use this on the LVDS cable that goes into the main display.
ebay.com link: itm

And then convert to HDMI.
https://arcademodup.com/product/lvds-to-hdmi-adapter-board-converter-compatible-with-1080p-resolution/
[quoted image]
This is the pic inside Alien>

Hmm so like the same way we capture stern displays

#6063 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

When I first got mine, I was in ambush multiball where the tracker and 'meters' countdown is going, and at some point as they were closing in, everything just went dead and the ball drained and the next ball started. Now..in my mind...this was an EXCELLENT multiball experience....but apparently this is NOT a feature in the game lol.
(this was a few versions ago). To answer your question, that's a bug.

If the balls become magnetized they can stop up high in the ball trough when one drains and the machine will think that the trough is full and therefore think that all balls have drained. It then ends the ball in play.

#6064 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

General concensus is they're not needed with this incredible audio package!

That’s great to hear, I think shaker would still add to the experience, especially since it’s coded for it as it is standard in the LV.

#6065 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

I want the main screen on the apron so I know wtf is going on! Fastest widebody I know!

Have you played full throttle!that game may be faster.
Also yes no shaker needed,I do not even have a sub connected!
And the glass is really good also so I don’t believe voodoo glass is needed but could not hurt!

#6066 2 years ago

I just installed a mars bill validator on the coin door. The game won't sense all the pulses. Anyone solve this issue? I've got a mars AE 2411.

#6067 2 years ago

Had a small mishap with my alien can head. The 3 usb connectors and hdmi pulled out. Can someone that had head folded down post a pic ? Not sure if the 3 usb have to go in specific ports

69C5C053-CAAF-40A5-BD97-A7484F13E2D6 (resized).jpeg69C5C053-CAAF-40A5-BD97-A7484F13E2D6 (resized).jpeg
#6068 2 years ago

Here you go

20220211_061513 (resized).jpg20220211_061513 (resized).jpg20220211_061517 (resized).jpg20220211_061517 (resized).jpg20220211_061522 (resized).jpg20220211_061522 (resized).jpg
#6069 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Here you go
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

perfect thx! I see you labeled your usb with silver sharpee. I'm guessing it does not matter which USB goes in which port?

#6070 2 years ago

That I don't know - but I kept them the same as factory just in case

#6071 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Had a small mishap with my alien can head. The 3 usb connectors and hdmi pulled out. Can someone that had head folded down post a pic ? Not sure if the 3 usb have to go in specific ports
[quoted image]

Sorry to see this happen... I believe that they do have to go into specific ports. Submit a ticket to Pbros, request a mapping of the USB ports. I know that one of the Xeno head issues i had was tied to a USB not being in the correct port. I had it in 4 when it needed to be in 3. There is documentation i belive on Pbros website that may show this.. Usb 1 to 1 lower to upper and so on.

best of luck

#6072 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

When I first got mine, I was in ambush multiball where the tracker and 'meters' countdown is going, and at some point as they were closing in, everything just went dead and the ball drained and the next ball started. Now..in my mind...this was an EXCELLENT multiball experience....but apparently this is NOT a feature in the game lol.
(this was a few versions ago). To answer your question, that's a bug.

thanks!

#6073 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Sorry to see this happen... I believe that they do have to go into specific ports. Submit a ticket to Pbros, request a mapping of the USB ports. I know that one of the Xeno head issues i had was tied to a USB not being in the correct port. I had it in 4 when it needed to be in 3. There is documentation i belive on Pbros website that may show this.. Usb 1 to 1 lower to upper and so on.
best of luck

Thx!! Will do. Their website shows several repairs where it says to unplug the USB from backbox, but it never says where to plug back in I put a ticket in.

#6074 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Thx!! Will do. Their website shows several repairs where it says to unplug the USB from backbox, but it never says where to plug back in I put a ticket in.

I know you would think that USB would go anywhere, and you may be right. I just know that my issue went away when i Matched the USBs 1 on Pbros advice. the awesome thing is that Pbros service and Cato especially are fantastic..

#6075 2 years ago

Ordered in 2014. Got a voucher and still waiting.

Curious if anyone else with a voucher for a game yet? I had one promised and hear it went to someone else as someone got a game without a populated playfield.

Super pissed and the wait.

#6076 2 years ago

I just got to Loader Battle for the first time this morning. Now THAT was fun! This machine is so great! Best designed pinball machine ever in my opinion. So many missions, shots, challenges. It never gets old for me.

#6077 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Ordered in 2014. Got a voucher and still waiting.
Curious if anyone else with a voucher for a game yet? I had one promised and hear it went to someone else as someone got a game without a populated playfield.
Super pissed and the wait.

I forgot about them vouchers! Who promised you the one they gave to another customer? Your distributor, coin taker or was it PB directly? Definitely been too long and anyone else would be pissed off too. Also, who ships a game without the playfield in it!? Holy sheep shit batman

#6078 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I forgot about them vouchers! Who promised you the one they gave to another customer? Your distributor, coin taker or was it PB directly? Definitely been too long and anyone else would be pissed off too. Also, who ships a game without the playfield in it!? Holy sheep shit batman

Ordered from Cointaker two years ago after the whole fiasco and after I got my voucher. I do not think I can order direct from PB. It sucks

#6079 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Ordered from Cointaker two years ago after the whole fiasco and after I got my voucher. I do not think I can order direct from PB. It sucks

Are voucher people somehow getting lower priority? I thought everyone was in the same queue.

#6080 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Are voucher people somehow getting lower priority? I thought everyone was in the same queue.

Melissa at Cointaker told me no one has gotten a voucher game yet. The voucher gives us a discount.

It’s pretty crappy we bought from Heighway, got screwed and now are getting screwed again.

#6081 2 years ago

*A well deserved discount
This title is so cursed. Shameful!

#6082 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

*A well deserved discount
This title is so cursed. Shameful!

I hope PB starts to fulfill the voucher people soon. To be waiting since November 2014 is ridiculous.

#6083 2 years ago

If they get the game at a discount, then what discount?

Why are they out at the back of the line? That's bad PR and it's not like they are getting it for free.

#6084 2 years ago

PB needs to sell enough games at regular price before they can honor the vouchers. I understand your frustration, but they need to survive and stay solvent first and foremost. PB isn’t screwing you. They are doing you a solid. THEY didn’t take your money, Heighway did. Be patient. The vouchers are a gift from a company who got NONE of the money that you sent to Heighway.

#6085 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

PB needs to sell enough games at regular price before they can honor the vouchers. I understand your frustration, but they need to survive and stay solvent first and foremost. PB isn’t screwing you. They are doing you a solid. THEY didn’t take your money, Heighway did. Be patient. The vouchers are a gift from a company who got NONE of the money that you sent to Heighway.

No they only got the all the parts and rights and a huge discount - that's the way it works - nothing against them, they took a risk and honestly I'm glad they did. I love the game/theme.

#6086 2 years ago

Hi all joined the club today, been on the fence for a while, having an issue where the game keeps rebooting, and after a while freezes with an awful loud noise, not managed to play a whole game yet without it happening, checked wires all seem to be in place, anyone else had this issue? I have pinged pinball bros a message, my codes 2.4 which i thinks the newest, thanks all

#6087 2 years ago
Quoted from scottydoesntknow:

Hi all joined the club today, been on the fence for a while, having an issue where the game keeps rebooting, and after a while freezes with an awful loud noise, not managed to play a whole game yet without it happening, checked wires all seem to be in place, anyone else had this issue? I have pinged pinball bros a message, my codes 2.4 which i thinks the newest, thanks all

I would open a ticket with PB. They will get it figured out.

#6088 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

That's just not true. How did heighway buy all the parts and resources that PB acquired then?

#6089 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

So my $$$ helps Heighway buy the equipment and he guarantees me #2 Alien LE, then because someone buys on the cheap, I have no way to get a game I paid for. There should be creditors that need to be taken care of for this transfer to happen, no?

Then to try to make good, we get a voucher saying we will give you a discount out of good faith because you helped him buy the equipment.

Sorry though that's messed up. They should be mixing the games in.

THE LESSON IS NEVER PREORDER A GAME AS YOU LIKELY WILL GET SCREWED! I'm tired of all of it after 7 plus years. I want my game or want to be a creditor and get some money back from the Heighway sale. I sat quiet and was promised a game.

FACT IS, NEW MONEY SPEAKS AND EXISTING ORDERS ARE MONEY IN THE BANK. Some distributors are doing this now with new money. Is this what we want as a community? I assume people pay in full to be first in line, though it's much better with some businesses to wait and pay a little more to cut the line. Those actions get you a game faster and guaranteed. Otherwise, you never know if you will ever get your game.

alien #2 (resized).JPGalien #2 (resized).JPGalien #2 (resized).JPGalien #2 (resized).JPG
#6090 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

If they get the game at a discount, then what discount?
Why are they out at the back of the line? That's bad PR and it's not like they are getting it for free.

Not enough to fold the company. They've sent thousands of dollars out in parts because they used up all the old faulty ones in the first batches of machines sent out. The discount was $500

#6091 2 years ago
Quoted from scottydoesntknow:

Mine would freeze occasionally and it was an mITX failure. (Computer in the display box) They sent a replacement to me ultimately.

You could try this if you haven't already...this is the support message I got:

You try to do the software rebuild it should not matter, but would be interesting to see, if that works and you don't see the freeze you have, then somehow some important files has been corrupted on you game. here is the link to the rebuild "How-to" rebuild machine - Alien 2.2 the rebuild will also stop if it finds hardware errors. But note this.: "After about 40 sec you will see to ERROR messages (Do not worry, it will move forward in about 20~30 seconds)"

#6092 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Not enough to fold the company. They've sent thousands of dollars out in parts because they used up all the old faulty ones in the first batches of machines sent out. The discount was $500

$500 in today's crazy world is a joke IMO.

If they're waiting, what price are they getting that $500 discount on? The elevated current price or the original price most of us placed and put a deposit down with Cointaker? That will have a huge bearing.
I see above that a figure of $7350 is given as the discounted price - if that's correct that's not a bad deal right now but these poor people that were screwed by Heighway and are still waiting deserve better, don't they?

hank527 said they should be mixing games in. I agree. That's good PR and shows they want to make it right by past customers.

All in all I think PB is doing a good job and it would be nearly impossible for them to please everyone but right is right.

Does Cointaker have any hand in any of this too?

#6093 2 years ago

My launch button light has been weak since day one. I’ve replaced the connectors and installed a new light and bulb, but no fix. Without the bulb, the connections pull 12V. With bulb only 2–3. The start button light is fine. Picture compares the two. Any ideas?

212D3780-8ABD-4004-91DD-A5DB66113E75 (resized).jpeg212D3780-8ABD-4004-91DD-A5DB66113E75 (resized).jpeg
#6094 2 years ago

My right flipper is double flipping. Does someone have a fix other than switching to the stern leaf switch?

#6095 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

I see above that a figure of $7350 is given as the discounted price - if that's correct that's not a bad deal right now but these poor people that were screwed by Heighway and are still waiting deserve better, don't they?

Especially since the current owners of PB are the same large investors in Heighway before Andrew was ousted, if I remember correctly. Not sure how they were able to change the name to Pinball Brothers, retain all the assets and lose all the debt (pre-orders).

#6096 2 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Especially since the current owners of PB are the same large investors in Heighway before Andrew was ousted, if I remember correctly. Not sure how they were able to change the name to Pinball Brothers, retain all the assets and lose all the debt (pre-orders).

Shhh, there's peeps in this thread who don't even know who Andrew is

#6097 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

My right flipper is double flipping. Does someone have a fix other than switching to the stern leaf switch?

I adjusted the switch gap and this went away.

#6098 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

I'm telling you make the switch change, it feels so much better.

#6099 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I'm telling you make the switch change, it feels so much better.

I agree plus the Pbros switches are flimsy and they deform over time causing more adjustments. Make the switch over to the stern low voltage ones and be done with it.

#6100 2 years ago

Pinball Brothers customer support is just amazing!
They know what they are doing and they gave me a lot of attentions

My experience was super positive!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 160.00
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,775 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 376.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/122?hl=jdub03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.