20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2635 (resized).JPG
IMG_2634 (resized).JPG
IMG_2633 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 376.
#6001 2 years ago

It sounds like PB has used up all the spare parts they recieved in the sale of heighway and are using their own sourced from china, etc. Switches are at least consistent part #'s in each machine now so hopefully this continues & it's happy sailing from here. I'm sure they regret having to ship out parts all over the globe and the constant flow of service tickets..but that's the chance they took using old parts up they had at hand.

#6002 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Same with any other game..burnt coil, an open coil winding, or just simply coil wire came loose from a coil lug.

yep, it was one freaking purple wire that came loose from the main plug. all is working now.

#6003 2 years ago

Well 24hrs can make such a difference. Made contact with my distributor here in Australia and an LV had just become available, quick dash to the bank to secure it and bonus to find out they are on the ship and expected in a few weeks. Can’t wait for this one. I was originally going to buy with Heighway but changed my mind last minute (dodged a bullet there!) Very happy to secure what is a dream theme for me.

Happy dance

#6004 2 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Well 24hrs can make such a difference. Made contact with my distributor here in Australia and an LV had just become available, quick dash to the bank to secure it and bonus to find out they are on the ship and expected in a few weeks. Can’t wait for this one. I was originally going to buy with Heighway but changed my mind last minute (dodged a bullet there!) Very happy to secure what is a dream theme for me.
Happy dance

Ah it was you who got that one!

Very lucky - we should get them soon it's gonna be awesome!

#6005 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Yep, we're chugging along towards the Suez atm

Roma1.png (resized).jpgRoma1.png (resized).jpg
#6006 2 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

I was originally going to buy with Heighway but changed my mind last minute (dodged a bullet there!) Very happy to secure what is a dream theme for me.

You and me both mate!!

#6007 2 years ago

Just had a shipment arrive in Australia , pics up soon

Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Happy to take them away from Flippers to give them to Real Collectors.

#6008 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Holy cow is that a shipment of LVs...? If you say yes, I might just explode with excitement, I thought we were expecting them end of the month!

#6009 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Very lucky indeed!

Quoted from Manny65:

You and me both mate!!

Yes I remember talking to you way back then. Seems like years ago, oh wait it was haha.

Well I’m just wrapped Wayne that it worked out and we could get the deal done so quick. Shipment arrived!!!! Even better, thanks again Wayne very much appreciated. I might have to road trip if my roster works out, I’ll let you know.

#6010 2 years ago

Wait…..what! The LV have arrived?

#6011 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Wait…..what! The LV have arrived?

Sounds like it. Straight from Wayno himself.

#6012 2 years ago
BECE1415-C090-4139-885E-15A51260A676.gifBECE1415-C090-4139-885E-15A51260A676.gifE7A1C3D5-F482-46EE-95CD-A764DE1DAC66.gifE7A1C3D5-F482-46EE-95CD-A764DE1DAC66.gif
#6013 2 years ago

Those 2 gifs are perfect! Get that excited guys because that's how good this game is!

#6014 2 years ago

Just another shout out to Cato and PB support model. Fast response and they are sending a new node board (#10), cable and display for my air lock display not working. It would take months for me to get a reply from someone stateside down the street from me in Chicago area. What a difference.

#6015 2 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Just another shout out to Cato and PB support model. Fast response and they are sending a new node board (#10), cable and display for my air lock display not working. It would take months for me to get a reply from someone stateside down the street from me in Chicago area. What a difference.

Cato and Pbros understand customer service and when we are plunking down 8-10k for NIB machines, this is what is needed!! No reason for anyone to doubt this companies dedication to this title.

#6016 2 years ago

Trying to remove side rails. Took off the lone screw and I cant get it to budge. Must be serious glue or adhesive? Any tips?

#6017 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Trying to remove side rails. Took off the lone screw and I cant get it to budge. Must be serious glue or adhesive? Any tips?

Quoted from Chopper36:

I used a putty knife to break the adhesive go slow with it and no damage will occur.

#6018 2 years ago

Tried. Can’t get it to budge. Guess I need larger putty knife. I’m starting at flipper buttons and it just will not give

#6019 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Tried. Can’t get it to budge. Guess I need larger putty knife. I’m starting at flipper buttons and it just will not give

Ok major pain. But one side off

#6020 2 years ago

Ok I’ll ask….@ballypinball, are they SV or LV Alien that have arrived in Australia?

#6021 2 years ago

Finally got this done. I will say, I am annoyed that none of the LED strips I try keep the fade program after powering down. They will keep the color, but not the program.

What I would REALLY like to do is have another set of bright white or red in front that flash quick based on either sound or certain triggers.

0309222151_HDR (resized).jpg0309222151_HDR (resized).jpg
#6022 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Ok I’ll ask….Ballypinball, are they SV or LV Alien that have arrived in Australia?

I think they are SVs - I sent an email and Wayne says LVs are still on the boat, approx 2 weeks out. We all got hugely excited for a minute there!

Still - we are only talking weeks away now, not months - we are so close!

#6023 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I think they are SVs - I sent an email and Wayne says LVs are still on the boat, approx 2 weeks out. We all got hugely excited for a minute there!
Still - we are only talking weeks away now, not months - we are so close!

4344BB3B-8BDC-475B-A04F-45BB90EC9398.gif4344BB3B-8BDC-475B-A04F-45BB90EC9398.gif
#6024 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Ok major pain. But one side off

I usually use a heat gun and work the putty knife along with the heat, but another way some others have trid is to use a vibratory tool, thats my next go to move on rails...

#6025 2 years ago

I know that many of you had seen this custom apron and beacon thread for Sv's, I think that these are getting close to being ready to ship, so head on over if you have a desire for this amazing mod for your SV before the initial slots are full and you have to wait, perhaps a very long time.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-apron-amp-lighting-mod/page/13#post-6820550

#6026 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Finally got this done. I will say, I am annoyed that none of the LED strips I try keep the fade program after powering down. They will keep the color, but not the program.
What I would REALLY like to do is have another set of bright white or red in front that flash quick based on either sound or certain triggers.[quoted image]

Might explain your issue to the guy who makes LitFrames. His keep the program you choose after losing power.

#6027 2 years ago

This making its way to TPF and perhaps even for sale?

#6028 2 years ago
Quoted from precisionk:

This making its way to TPF and perhaps even for sale?

There'sa few on marketplace right now

#6029 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

I know that many of you had seen this custom apron and beacon thread for Sv's, I think that these are getting close to being ready to ship, so head on over if you have a desire for this amazing mod for your SV before the initial slots are full and you have to wait, perhaps a very long time.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-apron-amp-lighting-mod/page/13#post-6820550

Why stating only for SVs? This is for LVs as well, just so everyone knows. I'm in for one, go check it out.

#6030 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

What I would REALLY like to do is have another set of bright white or red in front that flash quick based on either sound or certain triggers.[quoted image]

Looks great, man. I have one of these as well and if you find the strip that keeps the program and another strip that works with certain modes, etc., keep us posted. I'm very interested.

Congrats - it looks amazing.

#6031 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

I usually use a heat gun and work the putty knife along with the heat, but another way some others have trid is to use a vibratory tool, thats my next go to move on rails...

Quoted from Lateralus:

Looks great, man. I have one of these as well and if you find the strip that keeps the program and another strip that works with certain modes, etc., keep us posted. I'm very interested.
Congrats - it looks amazing.

Can anyone post or message me safe or easy way to get 12v. Addding the translite and then lit flipper buttons. Thx

#6032 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Can anyone post or message me safe or easy way to get 12v. Addding the translite and then lit flipper buttons. Thx

I just did both of these using an external 12v power supply. I also plan to provide power to the Apron/Beacon mod with this power supply. It's 12v and 10amp so it has plenty to push all of my mods without pulling from the machine's power.

#6033 2 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

I just did both of these using an external 12v power supply. I also plan to provide power to the Apron/Beacon mod with this power supply. It's 12v and 10amp so it has plenty to push all of my mods without pulling from the machine's power.

what are you using to trigger it to power up?

#6034 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

[quoted image]

I just love this gif. Where is it from?

#6035 2 years ago

Finally got to All Out War just now and holy hell this game is fun. The wait sucks. The communication super sucks but man this game is fucking fun!

5D50DB68-CECB-4974-A6D8-0D57583A4D24 (resized).jpeg5D50DB68-CECB-4974-A6D8-0D57583A4D24 (resized).jpeg
#6036 2 years ago

Nice one...hope I get there one day!

I have 2 more guys wanting the translite mods I designed and made. If anyone wants one please pm. Need to do 5 sets to make it economically viable and keep cost down. Price us 350aud plus shipping insurance costs of 105aud.

I'm getting alot of questions re power connection or add on etc. I'm hesitant to provide it as allthough very simple and I have an electrical trade, I don't feel it is appropriate to suggest things involving mains electricity. I would hate for anyone to be hurt or do anything possible dangerously which may hurt someone else.

Some people are happy drawing power from the game itself, I am not.

I purchased a 12v 10A power supply and wired it to the supply terminal strip post isolation switch in the main power supply. No load on game components other than the switch, and powers up and down with game.

All the led strip sets I've ever used hold their memory in relation to set colours and pattern as well.

cheers
Kurt

received_984673535784143 (resized).jpegreceived_984673535784143 (resized).jpeg
#6037 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Nice one...hope I get there one day!
I have 2 more guys wanting the translite mods I designed and made. If anyone wants one please pm. Need to do 5 sets to make it economically viable and keep cost down. Price us 350aud plus shipping insurance costs of 105aud.
I'm getting alot of questions re power connection or add on etc. I'm hesitant to provide it as allthough very simple and I have an electrical trade, I don't feel it is appropriate to suggest things involving mains electricity. I would hate for anyone to be hurt or do anything possible dangerously which may hurt someone else.
Some people are happy drawing power from the game itself, I am not.
I purchased a 12v 10A power supply and wired it to the supply terminal strip post isolation switch in the main power supply. No load on game components other than the switch, and powers up and down with game.
All the led strip sets I've ever used hold their memory in relation to set colours and pattern as well.
cheers
Kurt[quoted image]

thx. can you send a link to a power supply maybe on ebay that we can buy in the states...any maybe quick wiring instructions with a huge disclaimer

#6038 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I just love this gif. Where is it from?

I can’t remember. It’s been on my phone for years from another time I got prematurely excited

#6039 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

thx. can you send a link to a power supply maybe on ebay that we can buy in the states...any maybe quick wiring instructions with a huge disclaimer

I think the last guy who did that is still smoldering on the witches stake!

#6040 2 years ago

Just added some led lights behind the translite to brightenit up. very easy to do..I added a power strip inside the cabinet without messing with the games power. I definitely like how it turned out.

58BCB165-C8B7-466D-87C7-025A6B1CBBC1 (resized).jpeg58BCB165-C8B7-466D-87C7-025A6B1CBBC1 (resized).jpeg670240B5-FBAA-4C46-8EB5-3AC2ACB6A3A6 (resized).jpeg670240B5-FBAA-4C46-8EB5-3AC2ACB6A3A6 (resized).jpegBB718EC5-7078-4994-B579-BB3F6E70CF9C (resized).pngBB718EC5-7078-4994-B579-BB3F6E70CF9C (resized).png
#6041 2 years ago

LVs on the way ??? Can’t wait to see the first unboxing !!!

#6042 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

LVs on the way ??? Can’t wait to see the first unboxing !!!

Hearing by end of month

#6043 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Hearing by end of month

We're in the pipe, five by five

Roma1 (resized).jpgRoma1 (resized).jpg
#6044 2 years ago

So the coin door has no power wiring for a bit validator. I came up with this solution that might also help people trying to power mods. It's cheap and easy and anyone can do it. Only caveat is the power doesn't turn off with the game switch. This is fine for me as I power my games thru power strips. Just an idea if you don't want to hack up your wiring.

I just bought a computer power cable splitter and then an adapter that converts the computer power supply end to a standard three prong plug. I'm going to power my bill validator and LED strips with this source.

I just installed the splitter where the main power comes into the power supply in the bottom of the cab and voila.

PXL_20220311_121403438.jpgPXL_20220311_121403438.jpgPXL_20220311_121421226.jpgPXL_20220311_121421226.jpgPXL_20220311_121449886.jpgPXL_20220311_121449886.jpg
#6045 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

So the coin door has no power wiring for a bit validator. I came up with this solution that might also help people trying to power mods. It's cheap and easy and anyone can do it. Only caveat is the power doesn't turn off with the game switch. This is fine for me as I power my games thru power strips. Just an idea if you don't want to hack up your wiring.
I just bought a computer power cable splitter and then an adapter that converts the computer power supply end to a standard three prong plug. I'm going to power my bill validator and LED strips with this source.
I just installed the splitter where the main power comes into the power supply in the bottom of the cab and voila.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

awesome! Ill be bugging you

#6046 2 years ago

UPS Server Y Splitter C14 to 2 x C13 Power Extension Cable https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G1JMFZQ/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_FCE476ZHQVGVJPCRB26F

StarTech.com 1ft Standard Computer Power Adapter Cord (IEC 60320 C14 Male to NEMA 5-15R Female) - 10A - Black - Wall Power to PDU, Monitor & Computer AC Power Cable (PAC100) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00066HQ50/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_T9HGY4DS52TH5W50T2B0

Here are the two cables I purchased for reference. They also have three plug splitters if you need more but I'm fine with one plug for my purposes.

#6047 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

what are you using to trigger it to power up?

The power supply is inside the cabinet mounted with some double sided tape and I mounted a small surge strip under my cab. Both plugs (main power and the secondary) are plugged into it, then to a smart outlet. Clean and simple setup.

#6048 2 years ago

Im really surprised you guys havent come up with an apron LCD mod for the PB machines?

#6049 2 years ago

Is there a mode / some multiball feature where the game stops flipping and all balls drain? Came up during league night, during I think a stacked mode and the main multiball. Not sure if it was a bug or feature?

#6050 2 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Is there a mode / some multiball feature where the game stops flipping and all balls drain? Came up during league night, during I think a stacked mode and the main multiball. Not sure if it was a bug or feature?

When I first got mine, I was in ambush multiball where the tracker and 'meters' countdown is going, and at some point as they were closing in, everything just went dead and the ball drained and the next ball started. Now..in my mind...this was an EXCELLENT multiball experience....but apparently this is NOT a feature in the game lol.

(this was a few versions ago). To answer your question, that's a bug.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 160.00
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 376.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/121 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.