20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2635 (resized).JPG
IMG_2634 (resized).JPG
IMG_2633 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 376.
#5901 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

So...y'all wanna share the tracking info of the boat? That would be nice to know when it's supposed to get to the US. From what I've read earlier in this thread it looks like it could be stuck in port for a while before making it's way to Cointaker?

I think/hope that was an isolated problem with the trucking company on the US side

#5902 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

I take it these are compatible and not the higher current ones everyone keeps saying won't work or will mess things up?
Because of this I've been afraid to touch anything with the flipper switches.
Thanks!

They work fine. I also swapped mine.

#5903 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Mildly panicked…
[quoted image]

Mine says the same thing.

#5904 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Yes I have been given the shipping details to track the Australian LV container. Getting excited now.

Yep, was told by Wayne that we'll have our LVs end of this month! I wasn't sent any tracking info on the container though where did you get that from?

#5905 2 years ago

Well I just got a call from FedEx Freight, machine arrives tomorrow. Been a long wait, but I think it's gonna be worth it.

#5906 2 years ago

It has arrived! One USB came unplugged in shipping. Coin door was slightly wired wrong. All fixed now. Seems to be playing well!

1F428C39-09CE-4364-ADDF-35F7E0DDB916 (resized).jpeg1F428C39-09CE-4364-ADDF-35F7E0DDB916 (resized).jpeg2AF63334-56BA-4CFD-9646-0550A2CDCED3 (resized).jpeg2AF63334-56BA-4CFD-9646-0550A2CDCED3 (resized).jpegD809E8CC-385B-4317-A538-F00F10FBB854 (resized).jpegD809E8CC-385B-4317-A538-F00F10FBB854 (resized).jpegF9C53ED4-D0BE-4EAD-840D-7A4010942B90 (resized).jpegF9C53ED4-D0BE-4EAD-840D-7A4010942B90 (resized).jpeg
#5907 2 years ago

Has anyone added beacons by themselves ? I know it’s offered as part of apron mod but wanted to see about just adding beacons. Did it on my highway alien and got them off eBay

#5908 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

It has arrived! One USB came unplugged in shipping. Coin door was slightly wired wrong. All fixed now. Seems to be playing well!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats!!!

#5909 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Has anyone added beacons by themselves ? I know it’s offered as part of apron mod but wanted to see about just adding beacons. Did it on my highway alien and got them off eBay

I have done it, but it is complicated. Maybe when the LV is released, a simpler solution will be apparent.

#5910 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome and congrats! Did you ever find out what the FexEx "emergency" was?

#5911 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

Awesome and congrats! Did you ever find out what the FexEx "emergency" was?

Nope it just showed up about 3-4 hours late. Box looked fine. My nightmare was it got dropped or crushed after all this time.

#5912 2 years ago

Played a few games tonight. Ball kept sitting in the left kickout. Tried lowering the coil power as it was getting kicked out really fast. Went back to factory and it wouldn't kick out.

20220301_210325 (resized).jpg20220301_210325 (resized).jpg
#5913 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Played a few games tonight. Ball kept sitting in the left kickout. Tried lowering the coil power as it was getting kicked out really fast. Went back to factory and it wouldn't kick out.
[quoted image]

When this happens again, try pressing the flipper buttons a few times. There is a known issue with the code - that I thought they were trying to fix or thought they had fixed, but it does still happen. The computer seems to not register or go into some kind of wait mode. It sometimes will happen in the airlock too.

Not certain this is what you are seeing though.

#5914 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

When this happens again, try pressing the flipper buttons a few times. There is a known issue with the code - that I thought they were trying to fix or thought they had fixed, but it does still happen. The computer seems to not register or go into some kind of wait mode. It sometimes will happen in the airlock too.
Not certain this is what you are seeing though.

System Update 2.4 fixes this issue.

#5915 2 years ago

As others have stated change the flipper switches.

#5916 2 years ago

I have one drop target (center) that falls on reset quite often. Anyone dealt with this and have any quick fix-it advice?

#5917 2 years ago

Anyone here have a desire to see this Alien Pin Scorbit connected for score and achievement tracking purposes?

#5918 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Anyone here have a desire to see this Alien Pin Scorbit connected for score and achievement tracking purposes?

nope

#5919 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

That doesn't make any sense to me for pinball? Who wants to compare pinball scores between different machines? Different machines are... well... different.

#5920 2 years ago

Just took delivery this AM and started going thru everything before playing. Underside looked tight, so I cleaned a few things up and started a test game. Couple questions, I am on v2.4 which setting is for the air lock scoop, it’s insanely fast and goes STDM. Also noticed the left flipper sometimes hangs when I catch a ball or double tap it. Will the Stern switches (arriving tomorrow) help with this? Xeno mag has grabbed 3/3 so far so that is a great sign as well. Looking forward to a weekend of modding and tweaking to make this beast my own.

#5921 2 years ago

In addition to the center target often dropping during reset, just discovered another "annoying" issue. Up to now I've pretty much played the machine, then afterwards turned it off. I left it in attract mode earlier today for a few hours, the next time I played the machine it had a random popping and clicking noise coming from the audio during play. I turned the machine off and on and it fixed it. This evening I left it in attract mode for maybe 45 minutes, same thing. It's not terrible, but it IS annoying.
On the drop target I'm thinking about adding some tension to the spring to see if that helps it hold on reset.
EDIT: Figured out the drop target issue. Added some tension to the push spring behind the center target. Holding on reset now.

#5922 2 years ago

Has anyone installed a shaker on their sv yet?

#5923 2 years ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

In addition to the center target often dropping during reset, just discovered another "annoying" issue. Up to now I've pretty much played the machine, then afterwards turned it off. I left it in attract mode earlier today for a few hours, the next time I played the machine it had a random popping and clicking noise coming from the audio during play. I turned the machine off and on and it fixed it. This evening I left it in attract mode for maybe 45 minutes, same thing. It's not terrible, but it IS annoying.
On the drop target I'm thinking about adding some tension to the spring to see if that helps it hold on reset.
EDIT: Figured out the drop target issue. Added some tension to the push spring behind the center target. Holding on reset now.

That sounds like a memory leak / resource issue. I've not seen this, but I've never really left it on that long when I'm not playing it. Bunch of things I need to test this weekend it sounds like. Haven't played any pins in weeks.

#5924 2 years ago

Got a “play better” call out by Muthur last night- didn’t expect that! Game is def little harder than I initially thought. Hard to string together good game and modes def are not overly easy to complete. Finally beat Find Jonesy but that was entirely luck.

I have left mine on for several hours and no issues with attract. Hope PBb can help with that.

Scoop Q- others have posted here +/- eject to correct the sdtm but I haven’t had issues so not sure.

#5925 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

That doesn't make any sense to me for pinball? Who wants to compare pinball scores between different machines? Different machines are... well... different.

This is what PB said in September

Hi Jason,

once we are supporting a shaker motor in the game you should be able to buy any compatible model where you like.

Best regards,
Pinball Brothers Support Team

#5926 2 years ago
Quoted from DVDA:

This is what PB said in September
Hi Jason,
once we are supporting a shaker motor in the game you should be able to buy any compatible model where you like.
Best regards,
Pinball Brothers Support Team

Can you ask if they will sell Beacons for the standard?

#5927 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Can you ask if they will sell Beacons for the standard?

I already did. They said NO. Beacons for the Standard will be available via the Alien Apron & Lighting Mod:

#5928 2 years ago

We have a dead upper right flipper on our Alien on location.

-Mechanically it’s fine, no broken parts.
-Switch is operating lower R flip fine.
-It doesn’t fire in test either.

Any ideas for next steps? What’s the proper voltage at coil lugs?

What’s upstream? A driver transistor? Fuse?

#5929 2 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Mine had some bad solder joints at the coil lugs of some coils. Check continuity between coil lug and 2-pin connector. Re-solder wire to coil lug.

#5930 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Mine had some bad solder joints at the coil lugs of some coils. Check continuity between coil lug and 2-pin connector. Re-solder wire to coil lug.

also make sure the coil itself has not turned and shorted somewhere. These spin for some reason.

#5931 2 years ago

Any ideas why my L, V lanes and orbit switches are staying active all the time? This does not allow posts to come up in the game and also doesn’t count the L and V. Switches are supposed to be inactive until ball rolls over.

#5932 2 years ago

Friday afternoon, some Asahi Black's and killing aliens...life is good!
Beautiful tasteful mod thanks Vitoman...

20220304_183323 (resized).jpg20220304_183323 (resized).jpg20220304_183354 (resized).jpg20220304_183354 (resized).jpg
#5933 2 years ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

Regarding the sound I had the same thing happen to me.
Same fix also.

I had mine ship with a right orbit switch not working. That does HAVE serious game repercussions on completing modes.

#5934 2 years ago

Anyone else having their main display go out during attract mode and not come back? I have the same when I boot the game as well, always have to boot it twice.

#5935 2 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Anyone else having their main display go out during attract mode and not come back? I have the same when I boot the game as well, always have to boot it twice.

I think it's an issue PB is aware with some machines and is working on an update fix.
I think it's an issue with the far right HDMI which you can unplug and plug to fix when the head is down and you're facing the back of the machine.
Mine was flakey in the beginning too.

#5936 2 years ago

Snuck away and worked from the bar today and put together a decent game streaming. Other than switching out the cabinet flipper switches it’s playing well.

#5937 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Snuck away and worked from the bar today and put together a decent game streaming. Other than switching out the cabinet flipper switches it’s playing well.

Great video, really shows off a nice fully working machine!

#5938 2 years ago

Just received my game today.

Looks perfect outside and under the playfield.

But when I turn the game on it goes to a black screen on the back box and the mini play field screen, then nothing. I’ve tried turning it off, waiting 1 minute, than back on like it said on PBs FAQ but no luck.

I submitted a ticket to pinball brothers, but it being the weekend, I wanted to check for advice on here.

Thanks

#5939 2 years ago
Quoted from cmdestin:

Just received my game today.
Looks perfect outside and under the playfield.
But when I turn the game on it goes to a black screen on the back box and the mini play field screen, then nothing. I’ve tried turning it off, waiting 1 minute, than back on like it said on PBs FAQ but no luck.
I submitted a ticket to pinball brothers, but it being the weekend, I wanted to check for advice on here.
Thanks

How many times did you try that? It happened to me 1-2 times at start and now no problems since. May be worth checking all connections - pushing all in snug etc then trying once twice more

#5940 2 years ago
Quoted from henning:

This! The black screen issue happened a few times in the beginning on my machine, too. Unplugging and re-plugging the HDMI connector inside the backbox helped every time.

I’m going to try this. It’s only a black screen though. The game won’t boot at all.

#5941 2 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

How many times did you try that? It happened to me 1-2 times at start and now no problems since. May be worth checking all connections - pushing all in snug etc then trying once twice more

I’ve tried 6-7 times now nothing. Checked connections, but will be more thorough later tonight.

#5942 2 years ago
Quoted from cmdestin:

I’ve tried 6-7 times now nothing. Checked connections, but will be more thorough later tonight.

I had two loose connections at unboxing. A usb and an hdmi. I’d check everything.

#5943 2 years ago

Finally got her home and this machine is going to be fun. Had 6 wires that were unplugged (not a big deal) and so far 1 for 1 on the xenomorph magnet grab lol. only small issue so far is the airlock almost going straight down the middle. not sure how to adjust as of yet. need mirror blades and a shaker whenever they are supported.

15F515BA-0FB4-46BB-81EA-4A5CAE43C740 (resized).jpeg15F515BA-0FB4-46BB-81EA-4A5CAE43C740 (resized).jpegD867A884-65FA-4DD6-81DF-E6353EE8A350 (resized).jpegD867A884-65FA-4DD6-81DF-E6353EE8A350 (resized).jpeg
#5944 2 years ago
Quoted from DVDA:

Finally got her home and this machine is going to be fun. Had 6 wires that were unplugged (not a big deal) and so far 1 for 1 on the xenomorph magnet grab lol. only small issue so far is the airlock almost going straight down the middle. not sure how to adjust as of yet. need mirror blades and a shaker whenever they are supported.
[quoted image][quoted image]

You can order mirror blades now.. sterns work fine in it.

#5945 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

You can order mirror blades now.. sterns work fine in it.

perfect. thanks for the info

#5946 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I had two loose connections at unboxing. A usb and an hdmi. I’d check everything.

Everything is secure. Game still won’t boot. Head scratcher.

#5947 2 years ago
Quoted from cmdestin:

Everything is secure. Game still won’t boot. Head scratcher.

Check the power cable that goes from the back of the cabinet to the black box on the right... make sure it is plugged into that securely. Test the voltage on that cable and make sure 120VAC is making it there.

"But when I turn the game on it goes to a black screen on the back box and the mini play field screen, then nothing."

What do you mean it goes to a blank screen? What happens before that? What DOES light up. Maybe a video of what happens during power up might help someone to understand where the problem is.

#5949 2 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

It was a loose solder joint, diode was shakey on the coil.

#5950 2 years ago

Just got my game last week. I have 2.2. Looked. I’m here a little bit where are the instructions to update to new code? 2.4?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 18,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 376.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/119?hl=dyopp21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.