Alien pinball (resized).jpg
20240414_165244 (resized).jpg
20240307_181954 (resized).jpg
20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,775 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 376.
#5851 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Spent a lot of time today dialing in my game. Now it plays very smooth. Pitch is at 6.4. Initially it was 6.8. Now I can hit the hypersleep ramp easily. Hardest part was dialing in the spinners. Got the right orbit guide to feed right flipper so can repeat the orbits. So far so good. Now I am considering pulling the trigger on mirror blades and patiently waiting for the apron and beacon mod. The tracker mod is waiting in the box for the new apron.

I'm somewhere around 6.5, 6.6 and it's playing great. The only issue I'm having is with the kick out of the scoop. I'm level 0.0 left to right in the front and the back, and still many of the ejects wind up going SDTM. Is there a way to adjust kick-out angle from the scoop at all?

#5852 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

I'm somewhere around 6.5, 6.6 and it's playing great. The only issue I'm having is with the kick out of the scoop. I'm level 0.0 left to right in the front and the back, and still many of the ejects wind up going SDTM. Is there a way to adjust kick-out angle from the scoop at all?

Have you reduced the coil power as this will change the trajectory

#5853 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

I had the same issue. Fixed it after following these instructions:
https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80000961821--how-to-adjust-airlock-scoop

#5854 2 years ago

My scoop eject was fixed by sanding the plunger down flat. It had a nipple on it.

F5D8D616-3CDA-46D5-A359-D0AA604519F5 (resized).jpegF5D8D616-3CDA-46D5-A359-D0AA604519F5 (resized).jpeg
#5855 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

there is a guide on Pbros support site that shows how to adjust trajectory of this kick out.

#5856 2 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

My scoop eject was fixed by sanding the plunger down flat. It had a nipple on it.
[quoted image]

thats nuts.. now i gotta look.

#5857 2 years ago

i got rid of the weak flipper feel by installing these... https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-flipper-leaf-switch-single-contact.html

now it feels beefy.. i like.

#5858 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Spent a lot of time today dialing in my game. Now it plays very smooth. Pitch is at 6.4. Initially it was 6.8. Now I can hit the hypersleep ramp easily. Hardest part was dialing in the spinners. Got the right orbit guide to feed right flipper so can repeat the orbits. So far so good. Now I am considering pulling the trigger on mirror blades and patiently waiting for the apron and beacon mod. The tracker mod is waiting in the box for the new apron.

I didn’t even think about having to wait to install the tracker mod before apron (I have tracker but obviously waiting on Apron/beacons). Are they not compatible? (Or need to do apron first? I haven’t really thought about measurements/practical side)

#5859 2 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

I didn’t even think about having to wait to install the tracker mod before apron (I have tracker but obviously waiting on Apron/beacons). Are they not compatible? (Or need to do apron first? I haven’t really thought about measurements/practical side)

They are compatible. I just don’t want to go through the process twice. Once is usually hard enough with mods.

#5860 2 years ago

found a local guy to powder coat. Anyone have the color green name they used to powder coat their armor?

#5861 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

found a local guy to powder coat. Anyone have the color green name they used to powder coat their armor?

Sparkle Green Dormant Metallic gloss.
Made by Tiger Drylac
P/N 49/50024
Also with clear coat

#5862 2 years ago
Quoted from Chopper36:

Made by Tiger Drylac
P/N 49/50024
Also with clear coat

Thx!!!

#5863 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Have you reduced the coil power as this will change the trajectory

I did reduce it -50%. Should I amp it back up?

#5864 2 years ago
Quoted from Chopper36:

Made by Tiger Drylac
P/N 49/50024
Also with clear coat

Can you post a few pictures of yours with that color?

#5865 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

i got rid of the weak flipper feel by installing these... https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-flipper-leaf-switch-single-contact.html
now it feels beefy.. i like.

I take it these are compatible and not the higher current ones everyone keeps saying won't work or will mess things up?
Because of this I've been afraid to touch anything with the flipper switches.

Thanks!

#5866 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Can you post a few pictures of yours with that color?

4F441437-034D-4094-AD27-CC47FFAA3D11 (resized).jpeg4F441437-034D-4094-AD27-CC47FFAA3D11 (resized).jpegC50D4A0E-21D4-46B0-8615-EA92BB6D2F77 (resized).jpegC50D4A0E-21D4-46B0-8615-EA92BB6D2F77 (resized).jpeg
#5867 2 years ago
Quoted from Chopper36:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! How hard is it to get side rails off? Looks like one screw and adhesive? pry off carefully?

#5868 2 years ago

Just picked up my game over the weekend and love it Only question is my stand up targets They seem to be moving left/right with each hit I tried to find some info on the thread and it seems to focus on hits registering Anyone else have targets that kind of drift back and forth? Can I just order gen3 from PB brothers? did they fix this as well?

#5869 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

I take it these are compatible and not the higher current ones everyone keeps saying won't work or will mess things up?
Because of this I've been afraid to touch anything with the flipper switches.
Thanks!

Yep. these are low current versions as suggested by Pbros support. I you will need to adjust the leafs when installed. I left the capacitor on.. FIrm, beefy flip action that feels right.. substantial. I am digging it for sure.

#5870 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Just picked up my game over the weekend and love it Only question is my stand up targets They seem to be moving left/right with each hit I tried to find some info on the thread and it seems to focus on hits registering Anyone else have targets that kind of drift back and forth? Can I just order gen3 from PB brothers? did they fix this as well?

if it is a recent build it shoudl have gen 3 targets.. Perhaps they need to be tightend/little loctite on the bracket?

#5871 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Looks great! How hard is it to get side rails off? Looks like one screw and adhesive? pry off carefully?

I used a putty knife to break the adhesive go slow with it and no damage will occur.

#5872 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

if it is a recent build it shoudl have gen 3 targets.. Perhaps they need to be tightend/little loctite on the bracket?

build date 9/21, How can you tell what gen targets it has?

Should have looked under pf before posting. Side to side was easy fix Every target was basically missing one of the screws with the star washer that hold it to the bracket. The little boards on the stand ups say Revision C but cant tell what targets I have.

A9E6911F-45E2-444A-A437-D363406C0C4B (resized).jpegA9E6911F-45E2-444A-A437-D363406C0C4B (resized).jpegECF40482-B180-4321-8820-D6C7E588EDC1 (resized).jpegECF40482-B180-4321-8820-D6C7E588EDC1 (resized).jpeg
#5873 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

build date 9/21, How can you tell what gen targets it has?
Should have looked under pf before posting. Side to side was easy fix Every target was basically missing one of the screws with the star washer that hold it to the bracket. The little boards on the stand ups say Revision C but cant tell what targets I have.[quoted image][quoted image]

Yep those are gen 3.. the whole thing is the target, the switch / led board and the target together make it up.. those 2 screws that hold it all together.. little loctite on the thread on the bracket and tighten will help keep parts from "spreading" when it.

#5874 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Yep those are gen 3.. the whole thing is the target, the switch / led board and the target together make it up.. those 2 screws that hold it all together.. little loctite on the thread on the bracket and tighten will help keep parts from "spreading" when it.

I blue loctited all of my targets when i changed fron gen 2 to gen 3 and have not had any spread

#5875 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

I blue loctited all of my targets when i changed fron gen 2 to gen 3 and have not had any spread

Blue loctite on the 2 screws that hold target together ?

#5876 2 years ago

Never been so excited to see this cardboard box. Been a LONG time coming

aliens (resized).jpgaliens (resized).jpg

#5877 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Yeah, those two screws on each target that hold the whole stack together. when I received my replacement gen 3s, they were pretty darn loose. I pulled each screw one at a time and applied loctite. Let that cure for a bit before swapping them out in the game

#5878 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

yep..

#5879 2 years ago

I put self locking nuts on my targets. The screw’s thread is a standard M3 (3mm).

#5880 2 years ago

Is there really a XV ? Just seen it on the box and was wondering .

#5881 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Thinking the same thing!
Maybe it will have a cool back glass like our custom games

#5882 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Quoted from rockrand:

Thinking the same thing!
Maybe it will have a cool back glass like our custom games

PB have stated that they are only making SV and LV versions.

I assume that they got the packaging material manufactured prior to they original launch where they were toying with the idea to have another version (X = Xtreme ??). Of course PB could always change their mind and come out with another variant ...

Alien XV (resized).jpgAlien XV (resized).jpg
#5883 2 years ago

X rated, nude xenomorphs. Didn't fly as they are already nude!

#5884 2 years ago

Thanks for all the kind words on the translite, apron and door mods everyone. It's inspired me to do some more titles now. I guess it working well with guys with our weak Aussie dollar. Still working in the backboard mod and a few other things....

Started reading through the rules and got distracted just playing....need someone to do a YouTube walk through like the papa stuff...please !

images (1) (resized).jpegimages (1) (resized).jpeg
#5885 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

X rated, nude xenomorphs. Didn't fly as they are already nude!

Lmfao

#5886 2 years ago

What version was this from ?

2C12A30D-6629-4C76-BFF6-77349138B847 (resized).jpeg2C12A30D-6629-4C76-BFF6-77349138B847 (resized).jpeg
#5887 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

What version was this from ?
[quoted image]

HW prototype - glad we didn't get that version ...

#5888 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

XV will be announced the day after all of the LVs are paid for.

#5889 2 years ago
Quoted from freebeer:

XV will be announced the day after all of the LVs are paid for.

Where do i send my deposit?!?!

#5890 2 years ago

Mildly panicked…

AE6E0D0C-FBBD-4C76-8605-F22AC1B7FB0A (resized).jpegAE6E0D0C-FBBD-4C76-8605-F22AC1B7FB0A (resized).jpeg
#5891 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Done that and they'll still move but work fine.

#5892 2 years ago

Contacted PB via PB FB Page.

Aliens have shipped (resized).JPGAliens have shipped (resized).JPG

#5893 2 years ago
Quoted from s000m:Contacted PB via PB FB Page.
[quoted image]

Yes I have been given the shipping details to track the Australian LV container. Getting excited now.

#5894 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Yes I have been given the shipping details to track the Australian LV container. Getting excited now.

I wonder if any of those went to the US or does “us” mean UK and then AUS

#5895 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I wonder if any of those went to the US or does “us” mean UK and then AUS

CT posted that their first shipment of LV’s was due to ship the end of Feb, so “us” is most likely the US (although I did read it initially as us and thought they meant Europe). Maybe CT now has the ship name for you guys to track - our ship is still in port … the race is on

#5896 2 years ago

Delivery time has come and gone and no Alien has arrived...

#5897 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Mildly panicked…
[quoted image]

Quoted from Tsskinne:

Least you got tracking info…

#5898 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

That sucks. Hang in there

#5899 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Least you got tracking info…

You're not alone I'm still waiting and think we both paid end of September. I'm sure there's quite a few of us who have been paid up for ages, hopefully we all get some good news soon.

#5900 2 years ago

So...y'all wanna share the tracking info of the boat? That would be nice to know when it's supposed to get to the US. From what I've read earlier in this thread it looks like it could be stuck in port for a while before making it's way to Cointaker?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
$ 160.00
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Woodstock, GA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,775 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 376.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/118?hl=mettle64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.