100_0962 (resized).JPG
100_0952 (resized).JPG
b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,834 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 377.
#5701 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Looks like I may be in the club soon. I had an original a few years back and loved it. 2 questions. I added beacons to my original Can beacons be added to the standard If so anyone have info on how they did it. And I may powdercoat the armor in green. Anyone have a color they liked. Thx!

Beacons have been and can definitely be added to the SV.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-apron-amp-lighting-mod/page/6

#5702 2 years ago
Quoted from Lamoraldus:

Try pulling the hdmi plug (leftmost under the screen) and reseating it. Display should come on now.

This! The black screen issue happened a few times in the beginning on my machine, too. Unplugging and re-plugging the HDMI connector inside the backbox helped every time.

#5703 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Killer mod
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's sick! Where can we find this?

#5704 2 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

That's sick! Where can we find this?

KJS makes them - send him a PM

#5705 2 years ago

I’m now convinced actual aliens have stolen my Alien and this is why I have not received tracking information.

#5706 2 years ago

A quick reload and we're in business. PB service was too notch.

PXL_20220222_112401509.jpgPXL_20220222_112401509.jpgPXL_20220222_113214224.jpgPXL_20220222_113214224.jpgPXL_20220222_113454834.jpgPXL_20220222_113454834.jpg
#5707 2 years ago

Thank goodness!Enjoy.

#5708 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Glad to hear! Such a sweet looking game. Can't wait to get my LV.

#5709 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Good to hear it’s working, enjoy it!

#5710 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Glad you got yours working. Mine arrives Thursday and I was afraid of getting an 8k paperweight. What is your build date? Are these the October builds?

#5711 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I was afraid of getting an 8k paperweight.

Bit harsh ...no?

#5712 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Glad you got yours working. Mine arrives Thursday and I was afraid of getting an 8k paperweight. What is your build date? Are these the October builds?

Dec 21 is what it says on the back. The build quality looks great. Everything looks tight. The connections were all solid. Nothing loose in the cab. Seems like it was just a software glitch. I'm impressed with the electronics. They look really well designed and integrated.

The game shoots really well so far. I did have a few times where the right flipper just cut out. I'm not sure what that's about.

Definitely going to need to put some time into this thing and let it burn in before it's ready to put on location but it's definitely promising.

#5713 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Dec 21 is what it says on the back. The build quality looks great. Everything looks tight. The connections were all solid. Nothing loose in the cab. Seems like it was just a software glitch. I'm impressed with the electronics. They look really well designed and integrated.
The game shoots really well so far. I did have a few times where the right flipper just cut out. I'm not sure what that's about.
Definitely going to need to put some time into this thing and let it burn in before it's ready to put on location but it's definitely promising.

make sure to put the updates on it.

#5714 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Double check the contacts on the right switch and adjust as needed. Mine were installed slightly off center, once adjusted they work fine with no drops.

#5715 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

make sure to put the updates on it.

Zablon, when you say "the updates" do you mean anything beyond the 2.4d code?

#5716 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I'm getting mine delivered today, finally.

What exactly did you do? Boot from a stick? I see version 2.2. How come not Version 2.4?
Thanks!

#5717 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

Zablon, when you say "the updates" do you mean anything beyond the 2.4d code?

No.

#5718 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

I'm getting mine delivered today, finally.
What exactly did you do? Boot from a stick? I see version 2.2. How come not Version 2.4?
Thanks!

Yeah I just reflashed the system via instructions provided by Cato and then updated to 2.4. working great now.

#5719 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Yeah I just reflashed the system via instructions provided by Cato and then updated to 2.4. working great now.

Awesome!
This was all done online through Cato and the ticket system?

#5720 2 years ago

I just increased the Left and Right post power to +20% and now the ball is diverted into the pops, when it’s supposed to.
Thanks to whoever figured this out! Queens Nest is a lot more fun now.

#5721 2 years ago

Anyone have the New In Box dimensions? Wondering if I can bring the whole unit downstairs or if need to open before doing so.

Thanks

#5722 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Anyone have the New In Box dimensions? Wondering if I can bring the whole unit downstairs or if need to open before doing so.
Thanks

Datasheet info:
In Box:
w-80 cm x d-80 cm x h-164 cm
Brutto weight: 130 kg

#5723 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Datasheet info:
In Box:
w-80 cm x d-80 cm x h-164 cm
Brutto weight: 130 kg

Thanks...man - - so close (78 cm). Gonna have to unbox first

#5724 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I’m now convinced actual aliens have stolen my Alien and this is why I have not received tracking information.

I figure after the first LV delivery…:/ which is fine except that the funds were grabbed back 9/26/2021. Financing payments are a different matter than delivery term payments.
Interest & principal is due to the borrowee.

Still waiting, so Tsskinne youre not alone.

#5725 2 years ago

Yeah paid in full on that day as well. I don't mind the waiting part, but having 8k+ tied up for five months is a bit much. If this means I get a later build game with all the latest fixes it's probably for the best... but if I'm one of the ones that were built in Summer and have been stuck on a container for God knows how long and it's a basket case I'm not going to be thrilled LOL.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5726 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Yeah paid in full on that day as well. I don't mind the waiting part, but having 8k+ tied up for five months is a bit much. If this means I get a later build game with all the latest fixes it's probably for the best... but if I'm one of the ones that were built in Summer and have been stuck on a container for God knows how long and it's a basket case I'm not going to be thrilled LOL.

I don’t think there were any games sitting at the dock. I think these are the ones that were supposed to be here back in October

#5727 2 years ago

Hope so! Regardless, PB support sounds great so def. not too worried. But man, now that these are seeing movement again I’m just kind of dying to play mine haha.

#5728 2 years ago

Received my game today and those that are waiting are going to be very happy.

She was manufactured 11/2021 so for those like me that thought these were made late Sept. or October and sitting long at sea or dock I guess were wrong.

Quality and fit and finish are all top notch. Only issues so far was right side magnet doesn't seem to be working. At least during test it didn't grab.
Anyone else have or remember this as a known issue? Right magnet not center Xeno magnet.

The Xeno makes a lot of noise when in grab mode. Any good fixes for that?

My speakers were connect backwards where left side was coming from right side, etc.,.

Other than that it was an enjoyable unboxing and set up.
It was boxed and wrapped tremendously well and secure and the inside of the box as well as the entire pin was ultra clean!

I am a happy Alien hunter now!

Thanks for any advise or help from fellow Alien owners.

#5729 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Hope so! Regardless, PB support sounds great so def. not too worried. But man, now that these are seeing movement again I’m just kind of dying to play mine haha.

Were you able to talk to Melissa and if so what did she say?

If not I would make it a point to attempt to talk to her every day until you do.

Once you get the game you will be very happy.

#5730 2 years ago

Great to hear all the positive reports!

I fired off an email inquiring where I’m at, I’m sure I’ll hear back eventually. Hesitant to waste anybody’s time with a call if they don’t know anything.

I obviously wasn’t in this batch so not expecting anything in the immediate future. I was told two weeks back in November so clearly nobody really knows what’s going on haha. I’ve waited this long so not much else to do but keep doing that. Enjoy your game!

#5731 2 years ago

Anyone know how many came in on the last shipment?

#5732 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

Received my game today and those that are waiting are going to be very happy.
She was manufactured 11/2021 so for those like me that thought these were made late Sept. or October and sitting long at sea or dock I guess were wrong.
Quality and fit and finish are all top notch. Only issues so far was right side magnet doesn't seem to be working. At least during test it didn't grab.
Anyone else have or remember this as a known issue? Right magnet not center Xeno magnet.
The Xeno makes a lot of noise when in grab mode. Any good fixes for that?
My speakers were connect backwards where left side was coming from right side, etc.,.
Other than that it was an enjoyable unboxing and set up.
It was boxed and wrapped tremendously well and secure and the inside of the box as well as the entire pin was ultra clean!
I am a happy Alien hunter now!
Thanks for any advise or help from fellow Alien owners.

Congrats on the new game! The Xeno mech is loud when you first turn the game on and it runs it’s diagnostic. It should be much quieter during gameplay. Although I am not sure what the difference is.

#5733 2 years ago

Cato

Quoted from chubtoad13:

Congrats on the new game! The Xeno mech is loud when you first turn the game on and it runs it’s diagnostic. It should be much quieter during gameplay. Although I am not sure what the difference is.

They are all nosy and nothing has been found to changed it that I know of,
Enjoy your new games ,it is a unique pinball experience

#5734 2 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

It's not really quieter during play. It's the mech itself that is loud. The reason it seems quieter is it is drowned out by the game music/noise.

#5735 2 years ago

Just fired mine up for the first time. The small targets to the left and right of the air lock are a little loose and the magnet isn't grabbing fast enough at the Xenos mouth. Other than it's playing really well. I'm tightening those few screws and I'll see if I can get that magnet dialed in. I looked on PB's website for the latest software version but didn't see a link.
Yopp

#5736 2 years ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

Just fired mine up for the first time. The small targets to the left and right of the air lock are a little loose and the magnet isn't grabbing fast enough at the Xenos mouth. Other than it's playing really well. I'm tightening those few screws and I'll see if I can get that magnet dialed in. I looked on PB's website for the latest software version but didn't see a link.
Yopp

https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80000956738-alien-delta-game-update-2-4-

#5737 2 years ago

Did the boat sink? Where in the hell are the pics of the LV's?

#5738 2 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Did the boat sink? Where in the hell are the pics of the LV's?

LV's haven't even shipped yet.

#5739 2 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Did the boat sink

MV5BMTM3NTA4NDIwMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNTc4NDE3._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_ (resized).jpgMV5BMTM3NTA4NDIwMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNTc4NDE3._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_ (resized).jpg

#5740 2 years ago

If you have problems with your balls bouncing back into the trough, set your trough eject power to -25%.

In this slow-mo video, you can see what is happening... it is actually launching the ball airborne!

The default setting seems much too hard.

#5741 2 years ago

I’m so happy for all those who have received their games….no seriously I’m not at all pissed and jealous, like zero % fucking annoyed as fuck.

#5742 2 years ago

From the machine I received today I have a couple of issues I'm still dealing with, so figured I would share them here:
1. The left spinner switch is DOA. I removed it from the playfield to make sure it was connected. As well as from the board on the bottom of the PF. Connections were solid. No joy in switch test. Interestingly, neither spinner worked out of the box as both switch arms were bent so far downward neither spinner would close the switch. Once I properly bent them upwards the right spinner started working but the left, nah. In switch test I removed the plug from the board and shorted the two prongs, which activated the switch so I think I've satisfactorily narrowed it to the microswitch itself. I opened a ticket with PB.

2. The APC drop targets are a bit inconsistent. During reset about once per game one target won't lock in and it makes it impossible to complete the drops since in the down position if you knock down the other two, it will never be able to register a "drop" on the last remaining target. Additionally, if a ball gets stuck on the top of a drop target, when the machine goes into ball search, it never activates the drops so I had to tilt the the machine to break it loose.

3. The two posts at the top of the orbit are inconsistent. I believe they worked on the first couple of games, but even after a few reboots I don't think they are working now. I say this because it seems anytime you are on a mission that requires you to go into the pop bumpers (Derelict, etc), on a successful orbit shot one of the posts should activate to cause the ball to drop through one of the upper rollovers into the pop bumpers. Otherwise you really have no shot at getting to the pops at all. In my case I made several perfect orbit shots during the Derelict mission (and maybe one of the missions that required pops on the "Aliens" rule set?) and they just continued through the orbit back to bumper.

Having noted these small issues, I'll finish by saying that I have around 70 machines in my collection ranging from classics to the newer Godzilla and Rush. This machine is without a doubt immediately my favorite machine in my collection. The playfield flow, sound and light show (GI is a little dark) is beyond anything I've every experienced. The game is just a blast to play. If they fix these other small software issues, this machine will be hard to top.

Yopp

#5743 2 years ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

From the machine I received today I have a couple of issues I'm still dealing with, so figured I would share them here:
1. The left spinner switch is DOA. I removed it from the playfield to make sure it was connected. As well as from the board on the bottom of the PF. Connections were solid. No joy in switch test. Interestingly, neither spinner worked out of the box as both switch arms were bent so far downward neither spinner would close the switch. Once I properly bent them upwards the right spinner started working but the left, nah. In switch test I removed the plug from the board and shorted the two prongs, which activated the switch so I think I've satisfactorily narrowed it to the microswitch itself. I opened a ticket with PB.
2. The APC drop targets are a bit inconsistent. During reset about once per game one target won't lock in and it makes it impossible to complete the drops since in the down position if you knock down the other two, it will never be able to register a "drop" on the last remaining target. Additionally, if a ball gets stuck on the top of a drop target, when the machine goes into ball search, it never activates the drops so I had to tilt the the machine to break it loose.
3. The two posts at the top of the orbit are inconsistent. I believe they worked on the first couple of games, but even after a few reboots I don't think they are working now. I say this because it seems anytime you are on a mission that requires you to go into the pop bumpers (Derelict, etc), on a successful orbit shot one of the posts should activate to cause the ball to drop through one of the upper rollovers into the pop bumpers. Otherwise you really have no shot at getting to the pops at all. In my case I made several perfect orbit shots during the Derelict mission (and maybe one of the missions that required pops on the "Aliens" rule set?) and they just continued through the orbit back to bumper.
Having noted these small issues, I'll finish by saying that I have around 70 machines in my collection ranging from classics to the newer Godzilla and Rush. This machine is without a doubt immediately my favorite machine in my collection. The playfield flow, sound and light show (GI is a little dark) is beyond anything I've every experienced. The game is just a blast to play. If they fix these other small software issues, this machine will be hard to top.
Yopp

Hey Yopp - nice post, sorry to hear there are a few issues but liked the last paragraph… can’t wait to get mine.

In regards to the up posts for diverting into the pops, several people have reported this issue and it seems to be fixed by increasing the power for the left and right posts by 20%. Ref: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/115#post-6791900

#5744 2 years ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

Yopp

For your drop targets, make sure that the coil lugs have no way to short to the APC target bracket. I know PB is aware of this issue, so I'm thinking it is probably solved, but doesn't hurt to check. On mine, the problem was that the coil was allowed to rotate to the left or right causing the lugs to get too close to the APC target bracket and short there. I learned by getting shocked by 48V.... hahaha I just put a zip-tie on the coil to keep it in place. Also, make sure you have the latest system update (2.4). I believe that does solve some inconsistency issues. Finally, I believe I did put some 3-in-1 oil on the drop target shaft. Since doing those things, I haven't had any further issues with drop targets.

Sounds like your spinner issue will be an easy fix...

Not sure what is up with your post inconsistency. There is a document on PB support site about how to test those posts:

https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80000967520--how-to-test-left-and-right-up-post

I also totally agree with your last statement. This is by far my favorite pinball machine I have ever played!

#5745 2 years ago

So anyone powder coat their armor ? What shade of green ?

#5746 2 years ago

I am still waiting, but thrilled to see those who are getting their machines. Thank you for posting QC and feedback. Many have mentioned the dark GI, anyone have thoughts on adding mirror blades to help? I think Pinstadiums would be overkill and want to keep the dark theme going.

#5747 2 years ago

Xenomorphs arriving tomorrow!

#5748 2 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

I am still waiting, but thrilled to see those who are getting their machines. Thank you for posting QC and feedback. Many have mentioned the dark GI, anyone have thoughts on adding mirror blades to help? I think Pinstadiums would be overkill and want to keep the dark theme going.

I added mirror blades and they do help a bit,. But I really like the dark atmosphere.

#5749 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

LV's haven't even shipped yet.

didn't we have new ship dates through mid march and mid april going by air (possibly) instead of sea?

#5750 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

didn't we have new ship dates through mid march and mid april going by air (possibly) instead of sea?

Ok talked to Cointaker - Initial batch of LVs are expected to ship 2/28 - earlier estimates are still intact - I'm number 36 so likely won't see until march / april. Most are going by sea, some may go by air

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,834 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/115?hl=nihonmasa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.