2702EF4A-76D7-4D61-9210-CF410C594601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2711 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240325_231501 (resized).jpg
A6A6E2A3-579E-429A-93D8-6B77FC42C7B9 (resized).jpeg
69A6272E-06A0-46AB-882E-6F56825BDB2F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 372.
#5651 2 years ago
Quoted from Manbearpig:

So I may have missed it... why is the insert on the playfield for Muthur spelled like your Mom. Mother... what did I miss?

Both spellings are acceptable. It's actually written as "Mother" in the Alien movie script.

#5652 2 years ago
Quoted from Manbearpig:

So I may have missed it... why is the insert on the playfield for Muthur spelled like your Mom. Mother... what did I miss?
Also where can I get mirror blades and shaker motor for this bad boy?
[quoted image]

Quoted from chubtoad13:

I wish you never pointed this out

An October 1979 issue of Fantastic Films magazine, as well as the back of the 1980 Fox videodisk of the film, explain that "Mother" is an abbreviation for "MU/TH/UR 6000", the model of the computer. The chapter list for Alien in the 2003 Alien Quadrilogy DVD set also lists it as "MU/TH/UR".

#5653 2 years ago

I dont think you need a shaker,played one of my friend,the subwoofer is so strong it shakes the room.best sound ever experienced on a pinball machine.

#5654 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

What is interesting about this is....have none of you ordered from anyone BUT Stern? R&M and CGC games all took a year or more to get for many people. And that was without shipping issues and coming from overseas...

Where else would you suggest people talk about this?

#5655 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Where else would you suggest people talk about this?

Shhhh this is an Owners thread

#5656 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Did anyone ever find a fix for the issues with the orbit not diverting into the pops when it should?

Nope.

#5657 2 years ago

Glad more people are getting this game! Hopefully they offer a real knocker kit because the screetch is even weaker than Sterns.

#5658 2 years ago
Quoted from Sjoend:

I haven’t had any problems and I’ve already played a lot of games including some long games, what kind of switches did you install?

I played a lot with them too and they were ok for quite a while but they eventually became unreliable. Williams Bally high current.

#5659 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Glad more people are getting this game! Hopefully they offer a real knocker kit because the screetch is even weaker than Sterns.

I agree... I'd love to add a real knocker if possible. I think a better sample more closely resembling a real knocker sound would go a long way also. I don't know what sample that is that is used, but it sure doesn't sound like a knocker.

#5660 2 years ago

Played a few times now, starting to get a grip on most of the modes. However, always confused when Ambush starts, feels like almost everything lits up. Not really sure what I should go for. Any suggestions on what to do?
Thanks!

#5662 2 years ago

Do the Highway version and PB version have all of the same rules?

#5663 2 years ago
Quoted from CoPinfan:

Do the Highway version and PB version have all of the same rules?

Yepp

#5664 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

An October 1979 issue of Fantastic Films magazine, as well as the back of the 1980 Fox videodisk of the film, explain that "Mother" is an abbreviation for "MU/TH/UR 6000", the model of the computer. The chapter list for Alien in the 2003 Alien Quadrilogy DVD set also lists it as "MU/TH/UR".

Thanks for the information

#5665 2 years ago

Will the Stern flipper switch solve the "fluttering flipper" problem. Have had that issue on the lower flippers after the update and was able to turn up the flipper power to offset it , but it keeps returning and needs to be addressed. Cato had said to check the coil wiring as well , but my tech is gone for now and i'm not messing with it.

#5666 2 years ago

'Just stopped in to see what condition my condition was in. Yea. Oooh yea, what condition my condition was in.'

#5667 2 years ago
Quoted from BlueRiverLore:

'Just stopped in to see what condition my condition was in. Yea. Oooh yea, what condition my condition was in.'

Check the Lebowski thread.

#5668 2 years ago

FYI:

I was the test machine for an alien Headphone kit from Pinnovators.

The awesome news is that my test was successful and you may be able to contact them for a kit for your PB Alien.

Also works great with a Woojer , which Pinnovators has been incorporating into their show booth.

Headphone kit can silence the game speakers or keep them on while enjoying the headphones, as well as bring headphone and game sound level controls onto the front on the coin door at the dollar bill acceptor.

#5669 2 years ago

Anyone know what these screws are for? I found three of them and two nuts in the bottom of my cabinet.

BF642E0C-18DB-41F6-880D-F828653BAE62 (resized).jpegBF642E0C-18DB-41F6-880D-F828653BAE62 (resized).jpeg
#5670 2 years ago
Quoted from ElCid95:

Anyone know what these screws are for? I found three of them and two nuts in the bottom of my cabinet.
[quoted image]

That's your goodie bag

#5671 2 years ago
Quoted from ElCid95:

Anyone know what these screws are for?

The knurled ones look like for holding coin mechs in their holder on the coin door.

LTG : )

#5672 2 years ago
Quoted from ElCid95:

[quoted image]

Figured it out. They are for the flipper bushing.

C134447E-5B46-42F0-B9A4-C1D85094BCA2 (resized).jpegC134447E-5B46-42F0-B9A4-C1D85094BCA2 (resized).jpeg
#5673 2 years ago
Quoted from ElCid95:

Figured it out. They are for the flipper bushing.
[quoted image]

woah - how the hell did that come apart - good catch

#5674 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

woah - how the hell did that come apart - good catch

Bouncing around on a phantom ship for 3 months in the Atlantic crossing meant to be 2-3 weeks turned into what we have.....sigh.
God knows what those games went through on the trip over.

Also, it doesn't say a lot sadly for quality control. How did those slip out, is beyond me.

#5675 2 years ago

The Knurled screws are for the playfield hooks at the front

#5676 2 years ago

This isn't new. Ours had oddball nuts/bolts come off/loose too. They didn't appear to use any kind of locktite.

I went through every nut and bolt on the thing before i turned it on because I had 3-4 nuts falling into the cabinet when I opened it. I imagine going by ship over the ocean twists and turns things a bit.

#5677 2 years ago

I feel bad for being such a pain in the ass to @cointaker! Game showed up today. Can't wait to crack it open and flip a few games.

PXL_20220221_163758932~2.jpgPXL_20220221_163758932~2.jpg
#5678 2 years ago

So my game won't boot. It goes to a Linux start up screen on the playfield display then just goes blank and nothing happens. Any help?

#5679 2 years ago

All the target led plugs are unplugged under the playfield. Is that common? Looks like it was done purposely.

#5680 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

All the target led plugs are unplugged under the playfield. Is that common? Looks like it was done purposely.

Yes that is normal.

#5681 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

So my game won't boot. It goes to a Linux start up screen on the playfield display then just goes blank and nothing happens. Any help?

Do you get a black screen? If so, power off the machine and wait for 30 seconds and put it back on.

#5682 2 years ago
Quoted from Sjoend:

Do you get a black screen? If so, power off the machine and wait for 30 seconds and put it back on.

No. It boots to the pinball brothers logo on the backbox display. Next some Linux looking boot sequence comes up for about 2 screens on the playfield monitor and then the screens both just go black and nothing further occurs.

#5683 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

No. It boots to the pinball brothers logo on the backbox display. Next some Linux looking boot sequence comes up for about 2 screens on the playfield monitor and then the screens both just go black and nothing further occurs.

Have you tried to power it off and wait for 30 sec before putting it back on? If that doesn’t work I suggest to contact PB.

#5684 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

maybe can't hurt to put a code update USB in and see if it boots after that process

#5685 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Go through and check/wiggle/tighten all of the connectors in the backbox and the outbox under the pf. I had this issue and it seems to be a loose connector for one of the video inputs. It won't 'fix' while it is on, requires reboot for it to find the correct display. (note, this is just a guess).

You might also check the cables on the drive.

#5686 2 years ago
Quoted from Sjoend:

Have you tried to power it off and wait for 30 sec before putting it back on? If that doesn’t work I suggest to contact PB.

I forgot to mention it can take up to three attempts before it will properly boot, it’s a known software issue.

In any case also good to check all the cables and connectors as Zablon is suggesting.

#5687 2 years ago
Quoted from Sjoend:

Yes that is normal.

Quoted from Deez:

so you have to plug in cables under the cabinet before starting? Anything else that I should be aware of setting this one up thats different than Stern or JJP?

#5688 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

so you have to plug in cables under the cabinet before starting? Anything else that I should be aware of setting this one up thats different than Stern or JJP?

No - the target LEDs aren't used in the SV, hence the cables aren't plug in on purpose

#5689 2 years ago
Quoted from Sjoend:

Yes I did this and it doesn't work. I opened a ticket with PB brothers.

Quoted from ezeltmann:

maybe can't hurt to put a code update USB in and see if it boots after that process

I put a USB with the 2.4 delta code on it and it doesn't even recognize the stick from what I can see.

The game does start with some text on the playfield monitor that reads "Wrong EFI Kernal Signature" I wonder if that has something to do with it.

I'm wondering if something came loose in the computer in the back box. It looks like a standard PC so maybe something came loose?

#5690 2 years ago

Anyone have a link to the full 2.4 code ? I can't find it on the PB website.

#5691 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Anyone have a link to the full 2.4 code ? I can't find it on the PB website.

https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80000956738-alien-delta-game-update-2-4-
Edit: there’s only delta.

Slim targets (1/2) are not connected on SV, wide (1”) are.

Screen black: open the translite when the game is on. Try pulling the hdmi plug (leftmost under the screen) and reseating it. Display should come on now. If yes, rebooting should help, if not you do have a new problem, not the known one.

#5692 2 years ago
Quoted from Lamoraldus:

https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80000956738-alien-delta-game-update-2-4-
Edit: there’s only delta.
Slim targets (1/2) are not connected on SV, wide (1”) are.
Screen black: open the translite when the game is on. Try pulling the hdmi plug (leftmost under the screen) and reseating it. Display should come on now. If yes, rebooting should help, if not you do have a new problem, not the known one.

Both displays seem to boot as they both display some boot text. Then the game just freezes.

#5693 2 years ago
Quoted from Sjoend:

I forgot to mention it can take up to three attempts before it will properly boot, it’s a known software issue.
In any case also good to check all the cables and connectors as Zablon is suggesting.

holy crap - that's bad - just keep turning it off and on til it works. yikes

#5694 2 years ago

This shouldn't be frequent. On mine I've had a black screen once after a few months of ownership.

#5695 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

No - the target LEDs aren't used in the SV, hence the cables aren't plug in on purpose

ah thanks. Is there an upgrade or something to them? Or they just wanted to wire both versions the same to make it easier?

#5696 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

ah thanks. Is there an upgrade or something to them? Or they just wanted to wire both versions the same to make it easier?

Well we haven't seen an LV yet to know for sure, but believe PB have simply standardised on components across both versions. SV owners have tried plugging in the unused wire loom connectors to the LED targets but there is no s/w code to light them

#5697 2 years ago

Out of curiosity, how long does PB typically take to respond to a ticket?

#5698 2 years ago

Looks like I may be in the club soon. I had an original a few years back and loved it. 2 questions. I added beacons to my original Can beacons be added to the standard If so anyone have info on how they did it. And I may powdercoat the armor in green. Anyone have a color they liked. Thx!

#5699 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

This shouldn't be frequent. On mine I've had a black screen once after a few months of ownership.

Indeed it doesn’t happen frequently, I had it once or twice. PB knows what is causing the issue and it will be fixed in the next code update.

#5700 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Out of curiosity, how long does PB typically take to respond to a ticket?

Normally they respond within 24 hours.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders
Pinball Machine
There are 18,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 372.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/114?hl=jdub03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.