2702EF4A-76D7-4D61-9210-CF410C594601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2711 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240325_231501 (resized).jpg
A6A6E2A3-579E-429A-93D8-6B77FC42C7B9 (resized).jpeg
69A6272E-06A0-46AB-882E-6F56825BDB2F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,551 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 372.
#5301 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

i added a small led strip to backboard of playfield.. actually over that area. set it to deep blue color and dimmed it down.. Knowing what i do now about them, you shoudl get some diffuser channel to deaden the glare of individual leds on playfield. May work better.. that is next on my list.
see post 5261 for the images.

Awesome, once your done if you can share the P/Ns I would appreciate it! that area is dark

#5302 2 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Has anyone added a light strip to the back box? I would like to add some more lighting there. If someone already has with good results, I’d love to see what you did.

Post 4617

#5303 2 years ago

I called Cointaker again today. Games still haven’t arrived in the truck yet that was supposed to arrive in the 18th……..

#5304 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I called Cointaker again today. Games still haven’t arrived in the truck yet that was supposed to arrive in the 18th……..

Thanks for letting us know. It’s getting frustrating for sure.

#5305 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Thanks for letting us know. It’s getting frustrating for sure.

its all over ....

Have a $150,000 truck sitting like a big paperweight because of a $300.00 computer board they make in China !
estimated time for the board 7-8 months !

#5306 2 years ago

none of it is supposed to improve any time soon. There are predictions this is just how it is going to be for the forseeable future due to multiple reasons.

#5307 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

its all over ....
Have a $150,000 truck sitting like a big paperweight because of a $300.00 computer board they make in China !

It's my understanding from what she told me that the games are sitting in the port but she's at the mercy of the trucking company that brings it to their warehouse. I think the games are built they just need moved from the port that's backed up.

#5308 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

It's my understanding from what she told me that the games are sitting in the port but she's at the mercy of the trucking company that brings it to their warehouse. I think the games are built they just need moved from the port that's backed up.

Covid shutdowns at Port Elizabeth are real....Covid infections in NY/NJ area were at the peak a week or so ago so perhaps shortage of labor?

#5309 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

its all over ....

Are you talking about your product or the Alien pins? If it’s the pins, what’s your source?

#5310 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Are you talking about your product or the Alien pins? If it’s the pins, what’s your source?

Pretty sure he's talking about his own personal experiences.

#5311 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

my product .... I'm in trucking and getting anything from dock or rail or to find decent help is near impossible these days !

#5312 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

my product .... I'm in trucking and getting anything from dock or rail or to find decent help is near impossible these days !

Me and the fam were out cheering for the truckers yesterday on the 401 in Toronto. Huge protest here in Canada, going from B.C to Ottawa.

#5313 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

its all over ....

Same with trying to get restock of Yoppsicles. Takes longer and shipping has gone up. I'm only a couple orders away from being completely out of stock and I won't be seeing any fresh stock until February. I read an article (while we were in the middle of the pandemic) that when it came time to "restart" the world economy it won't be as easy as flipping a switch, especially when different countries are impacted at different times and to different degrees. They were right on the money with that assessment. It's gonna be a while before we climb all the way out of all this mess.

#5314 2 years ago

When I spoke with Melissa yesterday I told her I'm here in NY let me go pick it up myself. She told me no the games were now in Jersey and I couldn't go pick it up there either. Now hoping they get them in at cointaker Feb 5th.

#5315 2 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

When I spoke with Melissa yesterday I told her I'm here in NY let me go pick it up myself. She told me no the games were now in Jersey and I couldn't go pick it up there either. Now hoping they get them in at cointaker Feb 5th.

Oh sweet

#5316 2 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

These aren't the LVs right? (Those don't ship until EOM from what I understand) - anyone have a rough ETA for shipping time for those?

#5317 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

These aren't the LVs right? (Those don't ship until EOM from what I understand) - anyone have a rough ETA for shipping time for those?

Nope, just end of January but I need my LV soon...the mods are stacking up...first time I have ever had mods before actually having the machine to install them on.

#5318 2 years ago

Wow. So watching season six of the expanse and the assault force has Hudson, Hicks and Vasquez! Nice little Easter Egg shout out!

E1E807F6-46EB-47F5-9CD5-2796477C8D82 (resized).jpegE1E807F6-46EB-47F5-9CD5-2796477C8D82 (resized).jpeg
#5319 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

Wow. So watching season six of the expanse and the assault force has Hudson, Hicks and Vasquez! Nice little Easter Egg shout out!
[quoted image]

Well spotted!

#5320 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

No these are the SVs that were on the second ship in port Dec.18th

#5321 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

[quoted image]

Heare you go, but every single name on the screen in this shot is releated to a sci fi series.. check it out, much deeper then just alien. A true easter egg for all sci fi.

#5322 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Heare you go, but every single name on the screen in this shot is releated to a sci fi series.. check it out, much deeper then just alien. A true easter egg for all sci fi.

Ah, yeah I see that now… didn’t even catch Flynn there! Hudson and hicks popped out at me as they’re in focus for about half a second right next to each other. Sorry the screenshot sucks.

#5323 2 years ago

Wasn't LV246 also mentioned somewhere?

#5324 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

If it was i didn’t catch it, but i wouldn’t doubt it either…..

#5325 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

LV-426 was being auctioned off by Pinball Brothers. Specifically just the machine number and associated LV plate, you still had to buy the machine through one of their resellers. Auction ended on 1/22 though and seems like it sold for 10k which is just ridiculous.

https://www.facebook.com/pinballbrothers

#5326 2 years ago
Quoted from BozoTheClown:

LV-426 was being auctioned off by Pinball Brothers. Specifically just the machine number and associated LV plate, you still had to buy the machine through one of their resellers. Auction ended on 1/22 though and seems like it sold for 10k which is just ridiculous.
https://www.facebook.com/pinballbrothers

Thanks and I was aware of this, but I was talking about the show "The Expanse" mentioning LV246 in the last episode.

#5327 2 years ago

Smashed the last game of the night in yesterday's stream: 516,643,220

20220130_000954 (resized).jpg20220130_000954 (resized).jpg
#5328 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

[quoted image]

Sweet jeebus... i missed that. Congrats.

#5329 2 years ago

Coyohtay Holy cow! Thats a ridiculous amount of points! Amazing!
In other news: I picked up my SV from RS Pinball and wow, the whole theme integration and ambience is just awesome. I can only imagine how great the apron and beacons will be

#5330 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

Congratulations, you played that multiball to perfection. Let's break down that 280M super jackpot:

- 2X multiball scoring was active because you had Hypersleep/Sentry Guns stacked
- "Normal" 2X playfield was running
- I counted 4 completions of the APC targets during Hypersleep: at +0.5X for each, that's another 2X.

So you basically had 8X Hypersleep scoring going when you hit the super. If you had hit the difficult side ramp shot, it would have scored a Double Super Jackpot and been twice as big

Well done!

#5331 2 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

Congratulations, you played that multiball to perfection. Let's break down that 280M super jackpot:
- 2X multiball scoring was active because you had Hypersleep/Sentry Guns stacked
- "Normal" 2X playfield was running
- I counted 4 completions of the APC targets during Hypersleep: at +0.5X for each, that's another 2X.
So you basically had 8X Hypersleep scoring going when you hit the super. If you had hit the difficult side ramp shot, it would have scored a Double Super Jackpot and been twice as big
Well done!

Ok. so stacked multiballs score 2x or just hyper and sentry?
APC targets provided .5x score multiplier for each set of 3 completion? is that only during 2x or during the combo of Hypersleep and Sentry with 2xplayfield?

I guess i need to really read the ruleset around hypersleep and exploit the hell out of this to see big scores.

#5332 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Ok. so stacked multiballs score 2x or just hyper and sentry?
APC targets provided .5x score multiplier for each set of 3 completion? is that only during 2x or during the combo of Hypersleep and Sentry with 2xplayfield?
I guess i need to really read the ruleset around hypersleep and exploit the hell out of this to see big scores.

Sentry Guns is the only multiball that can be stacked with any of the other three. Anytime two multiballs are running, all multiball points are doubled. Sentry Guns must be started last.

Completing APC during Hypersleep increases the jackpot value for the rest of the multiball; the first completion makes jackpots 1.5X the base value, then 2X, and so on up to a maximum of 3X. So I was wrong earlier, for this multiball his jackpots were 3X base value. This is just for Hypersleep jackpots/super jackpots, regardless of any stacking.

The regular 2X playfield from completing 8 ramp shots can be added on top of all this, but it's timed for 20 seconds.

Getting all of these to align together is a feat.

#5333 2 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

Sentry Guns is the only multiball that can be stacked with any of the other three. Anytime two multiballs are running, all multiball points are doubled. Sentry Guns must be started last.
Completing APC during Hypersleep increases the jackpot value for the rest of the multiball; the first completion makes jackpots 1.5X the base value, then 2X, and so on up to a maximum of 3X. So I was wrong earlier, for this multiball his jackpots were 3X base value. This is just for Hypersleep jackpots/super jackpots, regardless of any stacking.
The regular 2X playfield from completing 8 ramp shots can be added on top of all this, but it's timed for 20 seconds.
Getting all of these to align together is a feat.

duuuuude..madness. Getting hypersleep multi by itself is a challenge with that wicked shot... I tried for like an hour and half. What i did notice is the flippers starting to fade out on me from heat? I am going to install flipper fans and see if the flippers stay nice and crisp.. LOL.

#5334 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

duuuuude..madness. Getting hypersleep multi by itself is a challenge with that wicked shot... I tried for like an hour and half. What i did notice is the flippers starting to fade out on me from heat? I am going to install flipper fans and see if the flippers stay nice and crisp.. LOL.

Have you raised the flipper fade with Cato, as I'm interested to know what PB are doing to address this or even if they acknowledge this as an issue?

#5335 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Have you raised the flipper fade with Cato, as I'm interested to know what PB are doing to address this or even if they acknowledge this as an issue?

I had not.. i will sub a ticket.

#5336 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

I had not.. i will sub a ticket.

Do you have your flipper power turned up? I haven't noticed any fade on mine at the factory settings

#5337 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Everything was just working for me that game. If Ed hadn't had to make a rush restroom trip and I jumped back in to keep up the entertainment, we would have stopped streaming before that game. I was satisfied by an earlier 365mil game where I was close to completing all the modes and multiballs. Alien gods were smiling on me yesterday.

Both games are hightlighted on twitch if you go to the wilddogarcade twitch page

#5338 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Do you have your flipper power turned up? I haven't noticed any fade on mine at the factory settings

was increased forgot i even did that.. i have backed it down to normal will see what happens.

#5339 2 years ago

So last we heard, LVs should be on boat today - should one figure about 45 days out until we get them at home/on location?

#5340 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

So last we heard, LVs should be on boat today - should one figure about 45 days out until we get them at home/on location?

The standard edition shipment we are waiting on went out when, November?

#5341 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

This made me laugh. But not in a good way. Just another Monday wondering when my paid in full be there by thanksgiving SV will arrive.

#5342 2 years ago

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=898611184185069&id=173655423347319

Sweet row of pins!

Screenshot_20220131-202036_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220131-202036_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#5343 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

This made me laugh. But not in a good way. Just another Monday wondering when my paid in full be there by thanksgiving SV will arrive.

Indeed. Now I know how the Elvira premium order people feel with the 40th editions rolling out before them.

#5344 2 years ago

Ok, so the SV folks are about 60 days out - but the units are state side no? That's at least coming close to delivery. I'm sure the wait will be worth it all. Hang in there.

#5345 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Ok, so the SV folks are about 60 days out - but the units are state side no? That's at least coming close to delivery. I'm sure the wait will be worth it all. Hang in there.

That's the last we heard but we've been hearing that since November so take it for what it's worth.

#5346 2 years ago

Did you mean, Mayan calendar time or Pinball calendar time?

#5347 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

We're 102 days out from paid in full, for what it's worth. Hanging in there...

#5348 2 years ago

Knowing they are supposedly in the states but stuck makes it worse. Can’t understand why they haven’t moved in 2 months. Almost getting to the point that I don’t want to unbox when it does eventually arrive. Just sell it and move on.

#5349 2 years ago

how much time needs to elapse before our deliveries are considered NOS?

#5350 2 years ago

I know I'm about there too. I've been waiting on this and another pin and watching videos and other people playing it I've almost lost interest and believe me I had a ton.
I ordered back in mid Feb. 2021.
It just seems like we are now buying a new car that is 3 years old....like buying a 2019 car off the lot they are calling new. Luster isn't as great as it could have been. Oh well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
There are 18,551 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 372.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/107?hl=moat-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.