2702EF4A-76D7-4D61-9210-CF410C594601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2711 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240325_231501 (resized).jpg
A6A6E2A3-579E-429A-93D8-6B77FC42C7B9 (resized).jpeg
69A6272E-06A0-46AB-882E-6F56825BDB2F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 372.
#5151 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Tacker mod is awesome.. i needed to swap the blue and black wires to get the tracker to show during ball play and the Wayland Utani logo when the ball is sitting in shooter. just a heads up if you didnt know you may need to do that.

Did you have a hard time routing the cable? I can't seem to figure out how to properly sneak it down through the apron.

#5152 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

They should be low voltage gold plated contacts, which sanding will ruin. Unless you accidentally got the high voltage ones?

Does everyone have high voltage flipper leaf switches on their games or is it a smaller batch of machines that have them? It'd be interesting to hear Cato's thoughts on this if someone has discussed it with him

#5153 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Did you have a hard time routing the cable? I can't seem to figure out how to properly sneak it down through the apron.

You have to unscrew the apron.
Slide the cable down the side of the shooter rail coil.
There is an option to unscrew the three screws of the coil mech and drop through the hole thats there.

#5154 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Does everyone have high voltage flipper leaf switches on their games or is it a smaller batch of machines that have them? It'd be interesting to hear Cato's thoughts on this if someone has discussed it with him

I put the high voltage ones from pinball life. I did not like how the flipper buttons where so sensitive. They feel normal now. I used the Bally/Williams ones.

0DA64A13-C4DA-4B13-8635-7BA3EADEE15D (resized).jpeg0DA64A13-C4DA-4B13-8635-7BA3EADEE15D (resized).jpeg
#5155 2 years ago

Again, (and for the last time from me!) these will cause issues.
Do not use the high voltage contact style flipper switches.

#5156 2 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Spoke with Melissa today. I paid Oct 22nd and she told me they expect to have more games arriving at CT by the 18th. So close...

You get your shipment notice on the 18th like you were told?

#5157 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

You get your shipment notice on the 18th like you were told?

Sadly no

#5158 2 years ago

That's sucks. We all know that feeling well by now. Par for the course. Hopefully just delays due to the snow storm.

#5159 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Are the Stern flipper switches ok to use? Why would the high voltage B/W ones cause issues, it’s just a switch?

#5160 2 years ago

Anyone know where you can purchase spare HPRAISE SZA6X V2.0 motherboards used in the Alien Pinball? I'm keen to get a spare in order to future proof the machine.

20220119_194053 (resized).jpg20220119_194053 (resized).jpg
#5161 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

it's all good, this is only my second machine. putting the deposit down and working towards paying it off will help keep me sane when my work gets to be shitty. hell, maybe i'll go for the upgrade. i have a personal mantra i repeat when things get bad, after having gone back to an office job after 7 years running my own consulting firm:
[quoted image]

OMG this is me exactly. Being on the hook for 11k keeps me from quitting my job. Go for the LV so I can share my misery with somebody.

#5162 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

I've had no issues with them.

#5163 2 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

What would cause right flipper to double flip or not flip? I thought it was the flipper switches so i installed new ones from pinball life. Same thing. If I go into test left flipper beeps one time. Switch 79 right flipper beeps 2 times.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Your top pic looks like you have installed the new flipper leaf switch back the front, at least to how I installed mine and I've had no issues.

#5164 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Are the Stern flipper switches ok to use? Why would the high voltage B/W ones cause issues, it’s just a switch?

It's mainly due to the amount of resistance in the contact to be able to detect switch closures. going through a gold plated switch is minimal vs a tungsten contact. Gold plated contacts don't corrode as easy, and makes better contact at lower resistances than other metals.
On some modern games if you tried to use tungsten, it wouldn't work because there isn't enough voltage. But hey, if it works better for you and your happy go for it.

as far as removing the capacitor, you can, but don't have to it just lengthens the closure of the switch so the mpu won't have a problem detecting it. I don't think it's going to hurt anything.

#5165 2 years ago

From Pinball Brothers LV's on the line. Notice the cut outs for the blades on the sides of the cabinet. Also it looks like the beacons are red hmmmm.

Alien LV (resized).jpgAlien LV (resized).jpg
#5166 2 years ago

Nah they are yellow. Just look dark orange, but will light orange/yellow.

#5167 2 years ago

Those cutouts are deeper than I thought they would be. It's not a problem, I'm just surprised.

#5168 2 years ago

the back box light strip is a nice addition

#5169 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Those cutouts are deeper than I thought they would be.

very cool though ... at least they wont get scratched all to hell !

#5170 2 years ago

How about that extra back box led strip... that is an improvement over SV for sure.

#5171 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

How about that extra back box led strip... that is an improvement over SV for sure.

It is, but you are talking a $5 addon that plugs right in the backbox. Also...I'm not sure that being there really does much with the LV backbox art, compared to the SV art. It is NEEDED on the SV....but just sitting in the center on the LV may not be right based on the art that it has...but then it isn't black space, so maybe it is just there to brighten the entire backglass in general. Either way, it was definitely needed and anyone with an SV I would suggest add one for the title.

#5172 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It is, but you are talking a $5 addon that plugs right in the backbox. Also...I'm not sure that being there really does much with the LV backbox art, compared to the SV art. It is NEEDED on the SV....but just sitting in the center on the LV may not be right based on the art that it has...but then it isn't black space, so maybe it is just there to brighten the entire backglass in general.

Agree. Am i seeing things but there is another black framed something or other in the image near the bottom... dear where pop bumpers start. What is that? looks like drop target bank but that cant be right? I am away from my machine or id go look. LOL

#5173 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Agree. Am i seeing things but there is another black framed something or other in the image near the bottom... dear where pop bumpers start. What is that? looks like drop target bank but that cant be right? I am away from my machine or id go look. LOL

I believe that is the apc drop target mech.

EDIT: you meant even lower....don't know waht that is..but I don't think it is drop targets

#5174 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I believe that is the apc drop target mech.

that is in the middle of playfield.. look lower same side. I have to go look now.. LOL

#5175 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

that is in the middle of playfield.. look lower same side. I have to go look now.. LOL

It is the plastic bracket for the pop bumper... i never noticed it before.

#5176 2 years ago

Has anyone received any guidance on a compatibility guide of sorts for maintenance type parts? Coil stops, springs, coil sleeves, leaf switches, etc? THinking ahead for maintenance items i havent a clue on what to order with this generic parts list Pbros provides.

thank you.

#5177 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Has anyone received any guidance on a compatibility guide of sorts for maintenance type parts? Coil stops, springs, coil sleeves, leaf switches, etc? THinking ahead for maintenance items i havent a clue on what to order with this generic parts list Pbros provides.
thank you.

So far it seems like all the parts are williams compatible.

#5178 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

From Pinball Brothers LV's on the line. Notice the cut outs for the blades on the sides of the cabinet. Also it looks like the beacons are red hmmmm.
[quoted image]

nah...you are just old. Looks orange to me...HAHA

#5179 2 years ago

LV owners, are we getting excited yet??

#5180 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Those cutouts are deeper than I thought they would be. It's not a problem, I'm just surprised.

Looks great....lots of real estate for lights...thinking buck rogers. lol

#5181 2 years ago

If they are recessed rather than flush, that would be great to prevent them from getting banged up. There's not a lot of room to play.

#5182 2 years ago

What numbers are they shipping, anyone know? I'm like #238 or something I think. Just wondering how much time I have to get the last remaining bit of the balance due.

#5183 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

[quoted image]

I was looking at same thing… maybe it’s to do with lighting???

#5184 2 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

I was looking at same thing… maybe it’s to do with lighting???

Probably a bit of whatever filter was on the camera, but also has to do with how they make them. It's because how short they are, there is mostly areas where the plastic is thicker, causing the yellow to be darker.

#5185 2 years ago

I was excited when I paid and was told shipping hopefully in mid January.
At this point I'm just impatient and trying to fill my time with things like work. Which is working out well as I'm here on Pinside.

Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

#5186 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I was excited when I paid and was told shipping hopefully in mid January.
At this point I'm just impatient and trying to fill my time with things like work. Which is working out well as I'm here on Pinside.

Yup #2 ready! Anyone got #1?

#5187 2 years ago

Yeah for sure, I was told I'm in the initial shipment, setting sail EOM. Holy crap it's happening hahaha

#5188 2 years ago

hell yes. Love seeing new pics of it. I just hope they really get them to us by early Feb. If it ships EOM, I can see that taking a month so maybe end of Feb?

#5189 2 years ago

It really is a great game. I know there was lots of hesitation over quality, and missing elements from the HWY version, but it has surpassed expectations.

#5190 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It is, but you are talking a $5 addon that plugs right in the backbox. Also...I'm not sure that being there really does much with the LV backbox art, compared to the SV art. It is NEEDED on the SV....but just sitting in the center on the LV may not be right based on the art that it has...but then it isn't black space, so maybe it is just there to brighten the entire backglass in general. Either way, it was definitely needed and anyone with an SV I would suggest add one for the title.

SV absolutely needs a BB Lighting Kit and while 1 LED strip in the LV is a start it definitely needs much more IMHO ❗
Working on an LED BB Kit for our SV and most likely working with EightBallTexas (AGAIN ! ) on something similar for the LV.

#5191 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_-_K:

SV absolutely needs a BB Lighting Kit and while 1 LED strip in the LV is a start it definitely needs much more IMHO ❗
Working on an LED BB Kit for our SV and most likely working with EightBallTexas (AGAIN ! ) on something similar for the LV.

You really don't need anything extravagant for it. The majority of the SV is black. One of those 40 led USB strips placed in the center by the title/egg makes the whole thing pop a bit more.

#5192 2 years ago
Quoted from kellartz:

I need all the help I can get with the various adjustments, I need to do with my 10/21 build SV. I appreciated your unboxing/adjustments video posting. Can you post a videotape showing the how to on the replacement procedure for flipper bushings? I subscribe and would greatly appreciate it.

I didn't film changing out the bushings. Honestly it's not too difficult, just takes time.
Remove the flipper bat, unscrew the mech and take it to a workbench. Then just remove/replace the bushing and put it back.
Take note of your flipper positions prior to removing - I used a straight edge against the ball guide to gauge the flipper position.
I did make a video for a friend that also has Alien to show some of this detail, but it's not a polished video. I'll PM you with a link.

#5193 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You really don't need anything extravagant for it. The majority of the LV is black. One of those 40 led USB strips placed in the center by the title/egg makes the whole thing pop a bit more.

It will most likely be like the Custom ones I did for EightBallTexas for his BM-66, GOT-LE & JP-LE.
With some Animation & the correct accent colors in the right place .

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lighted-back-boxes-installed-x-3

#5194 2 years ago
Quoted from kellartz:

Did the 4 replacement flipper bushings you ordered work out as a straight replacement or did you need to modify ? I would greatly appreciate hearing how they worked out.

These are the correct size bushings that should have been used: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-7568
Based on the playfield thickness, the depth of the flipper mech and the coil used.
These Williams bushing require no modification whatsoever.

#5195 2 years ago

It's wild seeing these LV's on the line. I put a deposit down last March for a SV and still haven't received it. haha.

#5196 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Do not use the high voltage contact style flipper switches

Link for the correct set, please.

#5197 2 years ago

See above from other pinsider

#5198 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It really is a great game. I know there was lots of hesitation over quality, and missing elements from the HWY version, but it has surpassed expectations.

Is it a great game that you’ve beat mastered already? Or is it deep play enough to keep you crawling back because it’s beat you. She. Mine comes in the next week or so- I expecting challenge (not fixing) for at lésas y a month

#5199 2 years ago

First prototype mods testing..looking good. Will post up when all fitted and lit properly.
received_260732789448455 (resized).jpegreceived_260732789448455 (resized).jpegreceived_358044395832938 (resized).jpegreceived_358044395832938 (resized).jpegreceived_651280516070057 (resized).jpegreceived_651280516070057 (resized).jpegreceived_692021131801245 (resized).jpegreceived_692021131801245 (resized).jpeg

received_1639569626388100 (resized).jpegreceived_1639569626388100 (resized).jpeg
#5200 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

First prototype mods testing..looking good. Will post up when all fitted and lit properly.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Well, that looks freggin sweet...!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders
Pinball Machine
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Broadway, VA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs
Displays
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 372.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/104?hl=fsumassey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.