20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2635 (resized).JPG
IMG_2634 (resized).JPG
IMG_2633 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 376.
#5001 2 years ago

I have owned both Hobbit and TZ. Alien definitely plays like a widebody, but the flippers are different from any other pins I have played as well. They also have a tendency to overheat after playing for an hour or so, so this adds to the difficulty.

#5002 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

After playing my Alien for the last couple of weeks, I have grown very fond of it. Granted it plays “differently” than a Stern. For one it’s a widebody and also the flippers feel different than other pins. However, once I got used to the feel and figured out the rules, I really love it. During gameplay there are multiple things you need to watch out for and shoot or utilise at key moments during play. I like to qualify the Sleeper Locks early so if I am lucky enough to get up that darn ramp it’ll lock in. Also knowing what each weapon does and when to use each can strategically make the game last much longer and score a lot higher. I like to focus on completing the lifecycles at all times so I can get “Save Newt” going. I am now to the point where I can reach “All Out War” occasionally.
This game really is fantastic. Once you accept the differences it really draws you in and gives you a wonderful unique pinball experience.

I'd love a tutorial on YouTube or something, like the papa ones...not the one's where guys just ramble on with multiple cameras and wise cracks at each other!
I printed off the original rule set...like 26 pages, yet to understand it all.
Agree with your comments ....really draws you in. To me it has elements of TZ and Hobbit feel, but much more flowing and fast gameplay imo. The only stop start bit to me is the left drain area.

#5003 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Yes the game may I said May need some let’s say tweaking ,adjustment ect but it is such a unique fun experience it is really worth it! Also if you need help the customer service is exceptional!

order with no fear.. seriously.. customer service is working hard to implement fixes as found in their production lines, so no machine shou

Quoted from moat-pin:

Great to hear! Have you played Hobbit/POTC or IJ/TZ/90s wide bodies and is that experience different than what you describe with PB Alien? Or just saying more that wide bodies feel different than normal cabs, and the game is immersive etc?

I agree with CRWJumper.... the game is different kind of shooter.. like you have to work for the shots.. right flipper to upper left then to eggs.. stuff like that. It is a challenge and i suck generally so yeah.. fun for sure.

#5004 2 years ago

It’s like playing a game of high-speed chess.

#5005 2 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Great to hear! Have you played Hobbit/POTC or IJ/TZ/90s wide bodies and is that experience different than what you describe with PB Alien? Or just saying more that wide bodies feel different than normal cabs, and the game is immersive etc?

I have TZ / STTNG and have had IJ, buddy has POTC and they feel like wide bodies, this doesn’t really feel like any of those wide bodies to me, I think it may be that it’s quite a bit lighter than any of those mentioned.

#5006 2 years ago

I’m getting better after understanding the rules.

F98BFAB2-999C-4F13-ADD1-486132DA2B2E (resized).jpegF98BFAB2-999C-4F13-ADD1-486132DA2B2E (resized).jpeg
#5007 2 years ago

Still going over my recently arrived machine. It arrived all set for coin operation. Exactly how can you set it for free-play. Can't find it on sevice menu....went through entire PRICING adjustments etc. Don't want to bother Cato for this question.....help appreciated

#5008 2 years ago
Quoted from kellartz:

Still going over my recently arrived machine. It arrived all set for coin operation. Exactly how can you set it for free-play. Can't find it on sevice menu....went through entire PRICING adjustments etc. Don't want to bother Cato for this question.....help appreciated

Adjustments > Pricing > adjustment 17.

#5009 2 years ago

Excellent ! Something like 19 or 20 PRICING adjustments.... somehow missed that one. Thanks for quick reply. Appreciated.

#5010 2 years ago

Mine landed on Friday too! I'm happy to report it was a November build and came with 2.4 installed. I have had no issues after about a dozen or so plays.
The only damage was the side rails that have a dent in them from being strapped too tight to the machine. I planned on powder coating them anyway, so I will ask for a replacement...I wonder if Stern side rails will fit?

IMG_8006 (resized).jpgIMG_8006 (resized).jpgIMG_8009 (resized).jpgIMG_8009 (resized).jpgIMG_8013 (resized).jpgIMG_8013 (resized).jpg
#5011 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Mine landed on Friday too! I'm happy to report it was a November build and came with 2.4 installed. I have had no issues after about a dozen or so plays.
The only damage was the side rails that have a dent in them from being strapped too tight to the machine. I planned on powder coating them anyway, so I will ask for a replacement...I wonder if Stern side rails will fit?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dope! Congrats! Why are we worried about earlier builds?

#5012 2 years ago

I'm just stating that with these latest builds PB have addressed the issues with the early adopter builds. I'm very happy with this game.

#5013 2 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Just some FYI for us LV purchasers...I sent an e-mail to PB this morning asking for a "Best Guess" on LV deliveries to the US to which they replied: "we hope to have a container with LVs ready to ship to the US end of January. We are still waiting for some parts but those should come in next week". Seems we are getting closer.

Wow that's great news - I wonder if there's a shipment to Australia in similar time frames?

#5014 2 years ago

So we're getting good feedback on game play, but what is theme immersion like? Do the assets create a sense of tension and, dare I say, scary moments? Is it a little spooky playing it in a dark room?

#5015 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I'm just stating that with these latest builds PB have addressed the issues with the early adopter builds. I'm very happy with this game.

That's amazing news. Thanks for the clarification. I'm still waiting on my SV. This post makes me feel a lot better about the issues.

#5016 2 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

So we're getting good feedback on game play, but what is theme immersion like? Do the assets create a sense of tension and, dare I say, scary moments? Is it a little spooky playing it in a dark room?

This is the only game I’ve ever played that gave me chills. Really.

#5017 2 years ago

I played an original Heighway - and was blown away...couldn't pass up the chance once PB Bros started making them again.

#5018 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

I played an original Heighway - and was blown away...couldn't pass up the chance once PB Bros started making them again.

Agreed, same and waiting on my LV ...

#5019 2 years ago

Spoke with Melissa today. I paid Oct 22nd and she told me they expect to have more games arriving at CT by the 18th. So close...

#5020 2 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Spoke with Melissa today. I paid Oct 22nd and she told me they expect to have more games arriving at CT by the 18th. So close...

I paid the same day. I am invoice # 093115 so hopefully ours are together. Saving grace hopefully less problems out of the box. But cannot wait.

#5021 2 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Quoted from RussG:

I paid the same day. I am invoice # 093115 so hopefully ours are together. Saving grace hopefully less problems out of the box. But cannot wait.

Paid in full 9/26/2021.
Invoice 16436
Look everyday for an email from Fedex. Ready for a wide body experience.

#5022 2 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

. Wouldn't hold my breath. Heard this one many times before.

#5023 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

. Wouldn't hold my breath. Heard this one many times before.

Yep I’m losing faith. Sold a game from my location to make space for Alien when I was told it was coming…two months ago. Getting pretty pissed about it at this point.

#5024 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yep I’m losing faith. Sold a game from my location to make space for Alien when I was told it was coming…two months ago. Getting pretty pissed about it at this point.

Agreed. The guy I bought my spot from gave up after placing his order last January. When I bought the spot, Melissa told me October, then November, then December. Then she told me she stuck me in the back of the line despite the 'spot' that I bought being made a year ago. I'm pissed.
Invoice #093062

#5025 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Quoted from javagrind888:

Agreed. The guy I bought my spot from gave up after placing his order last January. When I bought the spot, Melissa told me October, then November, then December. Then she told me she stuck me in the back of the line despite the 'spot' that I bought being made a year ago. I'm pissed.
Invoice #093062

Typical CT.

We are all very glad that PB, CT and for TBL - DP are making these games.

But come on (defenders of CT) this stuff is BS!
In a lot of cases CT is busy (& they don’t have all the details from manufacturer) so they throughout best guess dates (only to have them missed).

Again in this thread or TBL thread. Save yourself the bad press CT and headaches of calls and e-mails. Publish a stinking list by serial #/order # and date expected and give your customers access to this webpage to view. Heck put a few comments of by date of what changed - date log.

Done in 10 minutes!
Improve customer service, reduce your email and phone call backlog.

#5026 2 years ago

They announced the le months ago but it seems they keep producing svs without mixing in an le run. Les last like hp.

#5027 2 years ago

Can't wait for you guys to get your games...so we can actually talk about the frigging game!!!

#5028 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Paid in full 9/26/2021.
Invoice 16436
Look everyday for an email from Fedex. Ready for a wide body experience.

Thanks all. I paid October 21 -093113 invoice so we are in the same boat. Couldn’t resist.

#5029 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

This is the only game I’ve ever played that gave me chills. Really.

Yes yes yes this.

And thanks all on widebody/game experience- really interesting how it’s a bit different from traditional ones. The flipper placements are pretty unique. Maybe this been discussed already. That lower left placement is lower than most “3rd” flipper- almost like TAF but full size and way more Realestate to shoot at. And the upper right is almost like a million games with upper floor but it’s further from the wall- with orbit in between. I don’t know pin geometry that well but I assume these things create new angles and shots that would feel different.

So excited for this damn machine.

#5030 2 years ago

Has anyone paid in full for their LV? Or received an invoice from Cointaker?

#5031 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I was told that boat was in the harbor in November. All lies at this point. I don't get the end game. Just tell me the truth. I can handle it. I rather have true expectations than constant blue balls simmered in lies.
It makes me wonder if the boat did come in and they sold them to new buyers. How else could a boat of games disappear?

#5032 2 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Yes yes yes this.
And thanks all on widebody/game experience- really interesting how it’s a bit different from traditional ones. The flipper placements are pretty unique. Maybe this been discussed already. That lower left placement is lower than most “3rd” flipper- almost like TAF but full size and way more Realestate to shoot at. And the upper right is almost like a million games with upper floor but it’s further from the wall- with orbit in between. I don’t know pin geometry that well but I assume these things create new angles and shots that would feel different.
So excited for this damn machine.

Some of that in part has to be due to Dennis Nordman's involvement. I realize he didn't build the whitewood but he did draw up the design and conceive the mechs. His games are always great shooters.

#5033 2 years ago

The truth is that everybody will get the ordered game but maybe not as fast as he or she or it wants !

#5034 2 years ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

Has anyone paid in full for their LV? Or received an invoice from Cointaker?

I am game #10 and I paid my invoice in full last week, Have been told approx 35 LV's are shipping end of this month

#5035 2 years ago
Quoted from grahamharley:

I am game #10 and I paid my invoice in full last week, Have been told approx 35 LV's are shipping end of this month

Considering Melissa told me I was number 280 or less, sounds like we will be lucky to receive ours in 2022.

#5036 2 years ago

I'm in the same spot. Not sure the game # but very early and paid in full. Expecting end of month/ear Feb. Excited for the LV. Looks sweet.

#5037 2 years ago

Will we be able to use Pinball Browser to add Sigourney Weaver video clips? Especially interested in attract mode "getting into the spacesuit" scene.

#5038 2 years ago
Quoted from freebeer:

Will we be able to use Pinball Browser to add Sigourney Weaver video clips? Especially interested in attract mode "getting into the spacesuit" scene.

I think Pinball Browser is for Stern systems only? (not really sure about that)...but I'd like to add Sigourney quotes "Did IQs drop while I was away?" ; "They can bill me!"

#5039 2 years ago

hahaha...oh man, that bump to 36 I got (after being previously told I was 35) is gonna suck...

#5040 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

I think Pinball Browser is for Stern systems only? (not really sure about that)...but I'd like to add Sigourney quotes "Did IQs drop while I was away?" ; "They can bill me!"

Or "You know, Burke, I don't know which species is worse. You don't see them fucking each other over for a goddamn percentage."

#5041 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I was told that boat was in the harbor in November. All lies at this point. I don't get the end game. Just tell me the truth. I can handle it. I rather have true expectations than constant blue balls simmered in lies.
It makes me wonder if the boat did come in and they sold them to new buyers. How else could a boat of games disappear?

It would be nice if we would get some communication from Cointaker here in this group. I do know for a fact that they read it!

#5042 2 years ago

Cool.

When did you commit to buying? And how?
You put a $1 down?

#5043 2 years ago
F1ED69A9-159E-4672-8624-E0802D344158.jpegF1ED69A9-159E-4672-8624-E0802D344158.jpeg
#5044 2 years ago

I put my dollar down pretty early and haven't been contacted. I hope I make the cut!

#5045 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I put my dollar down pretty early and haven't been contacted. I hope I make the cut!

The dollar down was just an early interest list. You need to go to Cointaker's website and put a 1k deposit down to reserve your LV, otherwise, you're not officially on any version at this point.

#5046 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

The dollar down was just an early interest list. You need to go to Cointaker's website and put a 1k deposit down to reserve your LV, otherwise your not officially on any version at this point.

Um, I got an invoice for $1k on 10/3. This was after putting my $1 down way back on 4/23. Didn't need to go to cointaker to manually make a deposit. Looks like you got missed - may want to contact Melissa. You should also get a credit for the original $1 deposit (woohoo!).

#5047 2 years ago

Yeah I did the 1K as well. Sent cointaker a few emails asking for an ETA about a month ago with no response.

#5048 2 years ago

I’m number 34, and now I’m worried

Quoted from brandonx76:

hahaha...oh man, that bump to 36 I got (after being previously told I was 35) is gonna suck...

#5049 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

Um, I got an invoice for $1k on 10/3. This was after putting my $1 down way back on 4/23. Didn't need to go to cointaker to manually make a deposit. Looks like you got missed - may want to contact Melissa. You should also get a credit for the original $1 deposit (woohoo!).

Huh? I got missed! oh no! Hahaha FYI - I never made a $1 deposit and have been waiting to see more games land before plunking my 1k down. So no, I haven't been missed. However, I would love to see some LVs in game rooms for a real-world take on what it looks like in person. I'm in no particular hurry, still enjoying some Godzilla to pass the time.

#5050 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Yeah I did the 1K as well.

Me too, back in October - got an automated order confirmation and an order number, but have not heard anything else. Haven't emailed Cointaker but echo others that would love a confirmation of what number in line. Don't want an estimated date as none have shipped yet and who knows really.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 160.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 376.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/101?hl=randyc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.