(Topic ID: 297340)

Pinball Brothers & Heighway Alien Apron & Backbox Mod!!!!!!!

By Red_Devils

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,649 posts
  • 163 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by digitaldocc
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20231218_194427 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231020_222247_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231020_184833_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-03 at 18.20.51 (resized).jpg
Software1 (resized).JPG
Software 2 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7204 (resized).png
Capture (resized).JPG
20230323_080940 (resized).jpg
strobe (resized).JPG
Pic6 (resized).jpg
pic 9 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dyopp21.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#340 2 years ago

O.k. I'm in. Sending deposit for option 1.

2 months later
#562 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

UPDATE 2!!!!
Another update in the same day you say, the answer is yes
New optional feature added to the apron & beacon mod, BEACONS IN ATTRACT MODE!!!!!!
Enjoy!

Attract mode you say!!! Can you create a repel mode? All red with screams or something when people touch it? I don't want other people to play my game. It's mine. ALL MINE!

#567 2 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Question on the apron lighting, will it be on consistently during play? I find the PF is pretty dark, curious if this will help if it's lit all the time?

THIS! I'm hoping for the same. Even a dim blue or greenish hue would be helpful down around the flippers. I get that the low lighting sets the mood, but this is just a bit TOO dark!

Edit: Now that I think about it, a green constant light if you pick Alien and blue light if you pick Aliens would be excellent. Then interactive as modes/mulitballs come into play.

5 months later
#973 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Just got done installing the apron and beacons.
I want to say thanks to the team that made it happen, incredible and deserves mod of the year at twipys.
It is a work of art, both in engineering and quality of execution. Ease of installation and fit and finish.
I will post a video up later tonight hopefully when company comes and it gets a little darker.
NOBODY will be disappointed with their purchase. [quoted image]

Did you keep up with the amount of time it took to install? And how difficult was hooking everything up? Really looking forward to receiving this mod!

1 month later
#1165 1 year ago

I just got a tracking number with the note "alien apron." When I track it shows origination in the Netherlands. I thought these were being made in Texas for some reason. There were made in NL?

1 month later
#1245 1 year ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

This timeline normal? Have not yet received the package and I'm in no hurry, but just wanted to see if this is normal, or running late.
Thanks

1 week later
#1263 1 year ago

A83C8B87-7B62-4241-8970-D125FA5F190B (resized).jpegA83C8B87-7B62-4241-8970-D125FA5F190B (resized).jpeg
Just finished installing my apron and wanted to throw out a heads up. After you have aux8 installed check your optos on board 8. I had one that refused to light. I checked and double checked my wiring and it appeared correct. After swapping the jumper cables and determining they weren’t the problem, on a hunch I took a good look at the solder joints on the back of the aux board and one of the pins to the opto connectors was missed. I confirmed there was no continuity between that pin and the one directly above it. Slapped a dab of solder on it and then it was good to go.
Regardless of the missed pin (as someone who does a little soldering I definitely know how easy it is to miss one) this thing is some beautiful craftsmanship. Really takes Alien to the next level.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dyopp21.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-apron-amp-lighting-mod?tu=dyopp21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.