(Topic ID: 297340)

Pinball Brothers & Heighway Alien Apron & Backbox Mod!!!!!!!

By Red_Devils

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,649 posts
  • 163 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by digitaldocc
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20231218_194427 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231020_222247_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231020_184833_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-03 at 18.20.51 (resized).jpg
Software1 (resized).JPG
Software 2 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7204 (resized).png
Capture (resized).JPG
20230323_080940 (resized).jpg
strobe (resized).JPG
Pic6 (resized).jpg
pic 9 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cpr9999.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 2 years ago

Please add me to this list!
Thx

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

This was originally designed to fit the Heighway machine and the designer is now making a limited batch to fit the Pinball Brothers machine. So I'm thinking that it probably won't work but I will ask him on our next Zoom call and I will let everyone know. For now I will add you to the backup list if that's OK.
Thanks,

I see the designer also made a Limited Edition apron too? Will the designer make a Limited Version apron in the future?

#65 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

It's definitely something we can discuss with him as we get further along in the build. I know that EightBallTexas is in for an LV so I'm sure that will be on his list of things to ask

Awesome let us know. Some of us are in on a LV.

1 month later
3 weeks later
#175 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

well then i think the hopes of SV owners ever going to see Beacons, Lit side art, etc are now dashed? Thinking that stuff will all be LV exclusive. Sucks big time. oh well. now i can give the wife the 750 to lift her truck now. My loss her gain.

PB needs to make these things exclusive to LV owners or why would anyone buy a LV?

3 weeks later
#203 2 years ago

If this mod apron competes with their LV package (PB apron), I get it. PB loses value in selling their LV machine if this goes forward.

Others want the integrated topper lights too. But again I don’t fault PB for not coding in for SV owners as this would again affect LV sales.

I guess in the end if these sting - sell SV and get a LV.

(And I am on the mod Apron list too…)

#214 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

So sloppy how they are presenting this. Worst marketing ever. All the excitement is disappearing for me. Can you imagine in our real world and jobs if we did 10% of what is happening. So bizarre us loyal pinheads , we are so patient and forgiving.
How freaking hard is it to post a one liner somewhere showing something or even stating appreciation for the pre-orders. 11k commitment and we have to beg for info and or a picture or video...
Feeling sour, salty and sad on our apron project.
Rant over now going for a hike.

You will be all good again when they release pictures! Amazing- today in the dumps tomorrow on the mountain. It’s called the pinball ride….

#218 2 years ago

Here is a picture of the apron mounted on a SV.
We also have a source for the plaque from the original to place it in top left corner to fill the space.
It completes the look to perfection.[quoted image]

See things already looking up

#246 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

I hope I live long enough to see an LV owner remove the stock apron and replace it with this awesomeness

Why is that?

1 week later
#280 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

At the moment we are trying to get the beacons to come on for multiballs, we may be able to get them to come on for Loader Battle and Self Destruct but we need to test for those modes. Also we are going to test to see if we can get them to flash for a couple of seconds when the ball drops in to the Airlock and the Muthur scoop.

Just curious how the triggers work. Are you hooking the arduino board into one of PB boards?

#281 2 years ago

Deposits - Please use paypal link above.
Full Name
Full Adress
Pinside Username
1 Red_Devils - Deposit made Option 1
2 EightBall- Deposit made Option 1
3 Zablon- Deposit Paid Option 1
4 joetechbob Deposit paid Option 1
5 RussG
6 Crispin
7 cpr9999
8 Knx873
9 zach
10 zach
11 zach
12 zach
13 zach
14 cgpinhead
15 cgpinhead
16 c818919taylor
17 flipper-Happy
18 Llabnip1972
19 Munsters
20 johnboyre
21 Danny Graver
22 Sleepless
23 Elcid95
24 Kciaccio Deposit Paid - Option 1
25 Chopper 36 Deposit Paid - Option 1
ROUND 2 RESERVATION LIST
1) wvpinball
2) Captchaos
3) djsoup
4) mikehogue
5) Cloud9
6) McDoom Deposit Paid Option 1
7) BozoTheClown
8) S000m
9) Eagle 14
10) Delt31
11) Ultimategameroom
12) Baggerman Deposit Paid -Option 1
13) Batedogg
14) Dpeck3
15) Crile1
16) Tsskinne
17) megaladon
18) DVDA
19) bigdaddy07
20) Straker.
21) Asylum
22) bmegar
23) calprog
24) Racerx61
25) Mojojedi
26 Gooch
27) Benime Deposit Paid- Option 1
28) Monkfe
29) GorillaBiscuit. Deposit paid- Option 1
30) PballJunkie Deposit Paid Option 1
Please use PAYPAL link, don't email me to send invoice...thanks.
Pinside Username
Full address
Full name

Should be plenty room? I see it says 75 spots available above. Is that correct?

1 week later
#336 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

Yes I'm wondering that as well. Good question.
Beautiful work by all involved and thank you.

Same question- don’t know.

1 month later
#390 2 years ago

Just curious, is this a limited run of 75 or will there be a 2nd run down the line?

1 month later
#495 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Yeah that would be sick. If that's possible for those who specified, that would be even more amazing.

Cool - hope they make it so - "Limited Version" added to the Apron

#505 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I guess I'm wondering if I DID want to have the beacons come on more (via the apron) will this apron be able to interact with PB's stock LV beacons too? I'm assuming yes, but wanted to double check.

I doubt anyone knows until we get a LV in our hands. As soon as one arrives we will know the answer….

2 months later
#742 2 years ago

I can send a pic later of the hole unless someone else can before tonight...

Sounds good. Thanks for posting .

#744 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Hi all. I'm not getting an Alien anymore, so wanted to offer up my spot to anybody that didn't make the list. I'm pretty high up on the list at 20, so bonus points for that
Just looking for the $250 deposit I put down and you'll be responsible for the rest. I chatted with EighBallTexas and he's good with the buyer swap. Paypal or venmo is fine, as soon as I get payment I'll get your name on that list thanks! I'll update this post once it's sold.
Cheers.

Why are you getting out?

2 months later
#839 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

Most of these Aprons are built. Looking way cleaner than the prototype I built... I'm impressed! Can't wait to get my hands on an official unit.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Do you guys have to test each one?

1 month later
#1044 1 year ago

Just curious between how long after we pay will Apron ship?
Thx

1 week later
#1088 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Got mine in the mail, looks amazing, just waiting on my machine to arrive now

Picture?
Did it ship from overseas?

#1094 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Arrived !
[quoted image]

Now let’s see what’s in that box!

1 week later
#1153 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Right on - thank you! Yeah this particular connection was wired as expected. Appreciate the support...fixed the motion tracker wiring and it's behaving as it should now... Looking forward to future updates!

What was the issue in case the rest of us have it?

#1166 1 year ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

I just got a tracking number with the note "alien apron." When I track it shows origination in the Netherlands. I thought these were being made in Texas for some reason. There were made in NL?

Yup

1 month later
#1256 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

I knew there was something missing. It was the strobing backlight. I think this backbox mod is finally complete!

[quoted image]

Where do we buy the led kit and instructions to add to our new apron. Or maybe outline parts needed at Comet pinball to order.

Thx

#1259 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

That is right... WS2811 LED strips are what we're using... so if any go bad in the apron, they are very common and can easily be acquired and replaced.
We do have a fully working "Alien Annunciator MINI PCB" currently being tested for the backbox and we are currently looking into providing a kit that includes the PCB, LEDs, and wiring. Will keep you posted.

Perfect!

1 week later
#1302 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

That doesn't really answer the question. Does the ability to adjust the lightshows for the multiball modes exist on the current iteration of the apron? I thought the ability to adjust each was already present as well. Why is the new xeno board necessary to change settings for the multiball modes?
I love what you guys are doing as well, but also thought this was part of the base unit.

Agree - thought it was part of the base unit.

#1303 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Im looking forward to the back box lighting mod with LEds myself.. any ideas on timing of this upgrade?
Question Are the xeno jaw movements tied to in game triggers or are they randomized?

Agree - looking forward to the backbox lighting mod.

#1307 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're thinking that the LV version would not benefit from the Jaw Integration. It most definitely will. The apron beacons are still an option on the LV version and even if they aren't used, the Jaw integration will trigger the strobe and fire mode.

No…I think they are asking can we buy a “premium” version of the software that unlocks features in the software versus buying the board (of course it would not have the jaw integration).

Bottom line - can you skip buying the hardware and skip the jaw integration but get the other features.

1 week later
#1329 1 year ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

I figured out how to update my apron software, wasn't easy to figure it out given the text instructions only.

Make a video for rest of us?

2 months later
#1526 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Who knew the popper (poor man's topper) would be a hit? On order is one of those face huggers from etsey to complete the look that someone posted about previously.

can you post a couple of still pictures?

5 months later
#1599 9 months ago
Quoted from brado426:

When the Alien Apron & Lighting Mod was originally released, there was no LV or Beacon support available. The latest firmware provided by PB (0.71) now supports beacons for the SV and LV. This means we can use that trigger to activate our Apron beacons.
We have implemented a nice solution to integrate the official beacon trigger with the Alien Apron & Lighting Mod. This will allow the beacons to trigger in modes such as self-destruct, queen's nest, and end-game. The beacons will now fire exactly as they do on the LV OR in conjunction with the apron beacon behavior. This is being provided as free information. We are not officially supporting this or shipping any physical parts for it.
To do this, you will need to solder a 4-pin header to AUX Board 10 and make a cable that goes from the beacon output port to AUX Board 10.
Maybe a cable will be made for sale at some point in the future, but there are currently no plans for that. If someone would like to make cables for people, the specs are provided in the documentation.
You will also need to get the latest version of the Alien Annunciator Config Tool and update the firmware to 2.7.5.
Instructions for making the cable and the software download are available here: https://www.evolutionmodsllc.com/software-and-firmware
The software now gives you 3 options for beacon triggering:
[quoted image]
- Apron Only will result in the same operation as it has now… (no LV behavior.)
- External Trigger Only will only activate the apron beacons when the game's beacon output voltage is detected (triggering the beacons exactly the same as the LV)
- Apron & External Trigger will provide both the apron beacon behavior and also trigger the beacons the same as the LV.
I've been testing this weekend and all appears to be working properly. Please submit any bug reports to our Support page at https://www.evolutionmodsllc.com
Special thanks to Mageek for his R&D and inspiration.

This is great work & excellent continued support of your company’s mods and much appreciated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.95
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 160.00
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cpr9999.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-apron-amp-lighting-mod?tu=cpr9999 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.