(Topic ID: 297340)

Pinball Brothers & Heighway Alien Apron & Backbox Mod!!!!!!!

By Red_Devils

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,649 posts
  • 163 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by digitaldocc
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20231218_194427 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231020_222247_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231020_184833_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-03 at 18.20.51 (resized).jpg
Software1 (resized).JPG
Software 2 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7204 (resized).png
Capture (resized).JPG
20230323_080940 (resized).jpg
strobe (resized).JPG
Pic6 (resized).jpg
pic 9 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ceemunkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#589 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Any OZ buyers not listed , please DM me.
RPZ
Ceemunkey
jokerpoker
Jason
Starting to work on shipping to you fellas.
ozy Ozy ozy

Oy Oy Oy!

Will you be able to bundle at all to save on shipping for us poor folk at worlds end.

Aprons almost done, LVs almost here- whoah, it's finally happening... I've been waiting since the creation of the Heighway machine to own this one!

3 weeks later
#663 2 years ago

Does anyone have any vids of the LV beacons in action? It may help people decide on if it's worth replacing them?

7 months later
#1320 1 year ago

I received my apron last week - unpacked today and got all ready to set up, only to find I have no network cables included?

#1322 1 year ago

Done. Is it just regular cat6 cable? I do have a store close by that I can get some from.

#1324 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

It should have included a 6 ft CAT6 cable and a 4 ft CAT6 cable.

So they are just regular cat6, nothing different about them? I thought perhaps they were modified since they were colour coded.

If its just standard cat6 I can just go get some.

#1327 1 year ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I thought mine were not included a first but found them in the box with the beacons. You might check there.

Yep the guys sent me a PM explaining that. However, the beacons haven't arrived yet - still on the way.

2 weeks later
#1386 1 year ago

I seem to be falling at the first hurdle here... I just can't get the original apron off. I undo the 2 screws but it won't lift off, push forward or budge. Has anyone else had to unscrew or unclip anything elsewhere? It looks like the tabs inside the playfield are holding it on but I can't seem to unhook them as the apron won't push forward?

#1388 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I beleive you also have to undo the screw by the shooter lane.

Ok thanks I'll have a look for that. The instruction video only mentions the 2 screws at the front.

#1394 1 year ago

So... ive managed to get the old apron off but my god it wasn't easy. There weren't any other screws but it was wedged very tight between the playfield and the tabs keeping it in place. I had to lterally bend/pry it off. I also had to Dremel off the metal on the new apron as it wouldn't fit over the shooter lane(as someone else here also had to do).

So now I have 2 issues - one is same as above in that the opto cables that plug into board 8 are not as they appear in the instructions. My opto 2 upper cable has the missing connection on the left, not in the middle. So my question is - do we plug in as normal or do we absolutely have to ensure that the cable at the top of aux board 8 have the missing connectors in the middle?

Second issue is the software - I have installed .net core 3.1 but the Annunciator sofware still won't install and says the .net core is required...?

#1399 1 year ago

I'm really not having much luck with this... I got the software installed and updated the firmware on the apron, but after connecting all cables, there's no power to it - no lights come on and when the machine starts up the mother switch keeps kicking (I guess it thinks there is a ball in there). I double checked all the cables were correct and they are... ive disconnected everything for now and I'll reconnect the original optos etc but this is proving to be a little troublesome. I guess I'll have to raise this through the website too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 160.00
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ceemunkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-apron-amp-lighting-mod?tu=ceemunkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.