(Topic ID: 297340)

Pinball Brothers & Heighway Alien Apron & Backbox Mod!!!!!!!

By Red_Devils

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,649 posts
  • 163 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by digitaldocc
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20231218_194427 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231020_222247_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231020_184833_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-03 at 18.20.51 (resized).jpg
Software1 (resized).JPG
Software 2 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7204 (resized).png
Capture (resized).JPG
20230323_080940 (resized).jpg
strobe (resized).JPG
Pic6 (resized).jpg
pic 9 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider baggerman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#99 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

New update with the strobes is a no brainer. Please add me to the list. Assuming this will work on the LE edition?

I am hoping that i am still on this listing.... i know i missed the initial 25, but thought i caught the first 50.

#112 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Congrats to Crile,Tsskinne and Megaladon for jumping on this bad ass build. 2nd round is capped at 25.
We are still in shock that CATO is helping us with this Apron. Once it gets to you guys it will have traveled the world..ha
2nd Round Build list BELOW
1) wvpinball
2) Captchaos
3) djsoup
4) mikehogue
5) Cloud9
6) McDoom
7) BozoTheClown
8) S000m
9) Eagle 14
10) Delt31
11) Ultimategameroom
12) Baggerman
13) Batedogg
14) Dpeck3
15) Crile1
16) Tsskinne
17) megaladon
18)
19)
20)
Round One List Below
1 Red_Devils
2 EightBall
3 Zablon
4 joetechbob
5 RussG
6 Crispin
7 cpr9999
8 Knx873
9 zach
10 zach
11 zach
12 zach
13 zach
14 cgpinhead
15 cgpinhead
16 c818919taylor
17 flipper-Happy
18 Llabnip1972
19 Munsters
20 johnboyre
21 Danny Graver
22 Sleepless
23 Elcid95
24 Kciaccio
25 Chopper 36

Stoked to be on this list.. My Alien is on the ship, so hope to score this soon!!! what a great time to be in this hobby!!

#115 2 years ago

Agreed unless you are in California at the auction from hell...HAHA

I watched out of curiosity and man that was some stupid money being thrown around. God bless em.

#117 2 years ago

Insane...Todd Tuckey was having a heart attack.
18% auction fee
8% tax regardless.
Freight- ?????
All that on top of stupid prices...SMH

He was...my wife and i were cracking up... 3500 for that?? i had one i couldnt sell for 300, i junked it.. LOL. crazy.

#120 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

It is a beautiful mod. I love the flames led effect with ambush multiball.
[quoted image]

Do we know if there is video of this apron mod in action? I am on the list for one, and am very stoked for this! I have 6 or so mods for this machine already and my pin has not shipped yet!!! Madness i tell you!!

#121 2 years ago

Update list and will have it serve 2 purpose's now that we can up to 50 units MAX.
2nd Round Build list BELOW
1) wvpinball
2) Captchaos
3) djsoup
4) mikehogue
5) Cloud9
6) McDoom
7) BozoTheClown
8) S000m
9) Eagle 14
10) Delt31
11) Ultimategameroom
12) Baggerman
13) Batedogg
14) Dpeck3
Round One List Below
1 Red_Devils
2 EightBall
3 Zablon
4 joetechbob
5 RussG
6 Crispin
7 cpr9999
8 Knx873
9 zach
10 zach
11 zach
12 zach
13 zach
14 cgpinhead
15 cgpinhead
16 c818919taylor
17 flipper-Happy
18 Llabnip1972
19 Munsters
20 johnboyre
21 Danny Graver
22 Sleepless
23 Elcid95
24 Kciaccio
25 Chopper 36

If we have a person drop off the phase 1 listing, please bump me up to that phase?

#124 2 years ago

Alien Motion Tracker
Apron
Hatched Egg
Translites
Back Box led Kit
How many do we have in common?

Tracker Mod, Apron, Hatched Egg Pop Bumper, Alien Credit button, Alien Launch Button, Led strip (USB) for back box, 1 scale foam rubber Alien Facehugger for a topper (i am modding to have black light leds underneath to serve as wall art behind pin) back box and under led lighting.

#130 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I got my game a week ago but,
Plastic protectors
Playfield protector
Motion Tracker
Apron
Pinnovators subwoofer kit
Pinstadium lights..(don't hate) lol

not hating i love them.. where did you connect the flash/uv glows? I am curious as was considering to add a tiny bit more light. Not a bunch, just enough deep blue? Have any pics for them stadiums in action?

#131 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

that one fits the PB version? (if anyone knows for sure)

coin t. has them listed on the PB alien page, so i assume so.

#135 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

They just got delivered today and I am out of town until Sunday when I will install. Not sure what instructions he sent to where to add. My ACNC was GI connection and Shaker motor connection. Since this has no shaker I am not sure where he will plan the second lighting connection.

Awesome.. please let me know how it turned out.. I have ultra fusions on my machines, but alien only needs minor light adjust so maybe just neos? Dunno.. curious to connections.. thakns

1 week later
#164 2 years ago

PB announced the LV features, and referenced a LV apron? Same one we are discussing here?

#168 2 years ago

any updates on the apron, test fitting to PB connections and such? We moving right along?

1 week later
#172 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Well guys I have an update...
I have just heard from Cato at Pinball brothers, as he promised he took the idea to the team for the apron to be interactive with the game and the team rejected the idea. The reason was that our apron mod will compete against what they have for the LV. So it appears that the idea for our apron has been taken by Pinball Brothers and now pitched as their own idea to be incorporated into the LV.
So where does that leave us?
I have spoken to the designer and he said he will wait to see what they have decided to implement to the LV and then he can take it and see if he can make an "upgraded" version, That means probably just the metal part with the plate, a lighted logo and the acid holes and the lighting made by PB could then be transferred to the new apron. If PB also takes over the acid holes etc. (which we doubt; too much work) or if their apron is much nicer, we can drop the project.
I'm sorry for the bad news
We will keep the list open and now it's a wait and see game to when they actually show a finished game and what options they have gone with. I will update the thread as soon as we have more news to share.
Thanks guys.

well then i think the hopes of SV owners ever going to see Beacons, Lit side art, etc are now dashed? Thinking that stuff will all be LV exclusive. Sucks big time. oh well. now i can give the wife the 750 to lift her truck now. My loss her gain.

#174 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Bummer. Bit of a bad look for PB IMHO.

Quoted from Red_Devils:

Well guys I have an update...
I have just heard from Cato at Pinball brothers, as he promised he took the idea to the team for the apron to be interactive with the game and the team rejected the idea. The reason was that our apron mod will compete against what they have for the LV. So it appears that the idea for our apron has been taken by Pinball Brothers and now pitched as their own idea to be incorporated into the LV.
So where does that leave us?
I have spoken to the designer and he said he will wait to see what they have decided to implement to the LV and then he can take it and see if he can make an "upgraded" version, That means probably just the metal part with the plate, a lighted logo and the acid holes and the lighting made by PB could then be transferred to the new apron. If PB also takes over the acid holes etc. (which we doubt; too much work) or if their apron is much nicer, we can drop the project.
I'm sorry for the bad news
We will keep the list open and now it's a wait and see game to when they actually show a finished game and what options they have gone with. I will update the thread as soon as we have more news to share.
Thanks guys.

perhaps it can be tied to the servo that drives the alien head similar to a trigger for pinstadiums.. dont know what can be done for Weapon Ready light though.. this sucks

#183 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Guys, Thank you for all your heartfelt comments. We really thought we could get this mod to be interactive with the machine. I will take your comments up with the designer and see what he wants to do. If you really don't mind the apron working on the same principle as the Heighway version that is it would be a timed mode for the strobe effect in Ambush multiball then we can see what he says. We can wait and see what they are going to do with the LV or I can ask him to see if he'd be open to make it like the old version. Because who knows how long it will be before they show an actual LV machine.
I will keep you updated
Thanks again.

good stuff.... I am staying on the list! if anyone bails, move me up to phase 1!! Whoop

#187 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

To say I am irked by theft (and then original backers and supporters of an independent idea get tossed) is an understatement.
Why can't this idea be implemented still?
Move forward with it please. The heck with what corporate wants to do. We force them to work with us. This isn't right.

When the LV version is released, reverse engineer the boards, use same coding for this version. Why not use the chinaware tactic on it.

3 weeks later
#231 2 years ago

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!
BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dave and I had a call with designers.. We are moving ahead. The hardware is all complete and looks awesome. I will get the apron in about 2 weeks to have in hand and work on our next hurdle. ( Anyone going to Houston show I will have one to show)
We are needing help on the electronics side of this....So please DM me or Dave and let's see if we can out put our heads together. I have the schematics of what we need with a wish list of items and must have list. Let's start with the basics we all want and go from there to enhance it over time.
No BS with copyright, lets do this.
cpr9999 you called it, my day is getting better. LOL.
Once we have a few responses I will set up a zoom call with all of us to walk thru it with designers.

YES!!! DO NOT TAKE ME OFF THIS LIST!!

1 week later
#248 2 years ago

Any chance the programmers for the apron can take a stab at the beacons?

#264 2 years ago

Here is the way I need the deposits to go...no need to DM me. I am gone for the next 4 days and not always on Pinside.
Paypal me using friends and family to [email protected]
In the comments sections - Very Important!!!!!!
1 Option 1 or Option 2.
2 Full name and Address
3) Pinside username so I can remove off the current list.
If you are buying more than one, I will see the deposit reflect that. 1 = $250, 2 = $500 and so on.
Let the games begin.

Paypal sent.. baggerman5000 putting up the coin!!!

#265 2 years ago

Put me on this list!! WHOOOOP!! PAyment made!!

#269 2 years ago

Current list !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ROUND ONE RESERVATION LIST
1 Red_Devils - Deposit made Option 1
2 EightBall- Deposit made
3 Zablon
4 joetechbob
5 RussG
6 Crispin
7 cpr9999
8 Knx873
9 zach
10 zach
11 zach
12 zach
13 zach
14 cgpinhead
15 cgpinhead
16 c818919taylor
17 flipper-Happy
18 Llabnip1972
19 Munsters
20 johnboyre
21 Danny Graver
22 Sleepless
23 Elcid95
24 Kciaccio
25 Chopper 36
ROUND 2 RESERVATION LIST
1) wvpinball
2) Captchaos
3) djsoup
4) mikehogue
5) Cloud9
6) McDoom Deposit Made Option 1
7) BozoTheClown
8) S000m
9) Eagle 14
10) Delt31
11) Ultimategameroom
12) Baggerman
13) Batedogg
14) Dpeck3
15) Crile1
16) Tsskinne
17) megaladon
18) DVDA
19) bigdaddy07
20) Straker.
21) Asylum
22) bmegar
23) calprog
24) Racerx61
25) Mojojedi
26 Gooch
27) Benime
28) Monkfe
29) GorillaBiscuit. Deposit paid- Option 1
30) Thomas schory Deposit paid- Option 1
Please use PAYPAL link, don't email me to send invoice...thanks.
3 payments in so far and updates list above. beacons are a HIT.

My payment is in.. used wrong username (twitch) in notes.. Baggerman is pinside... baggerman5000 is twitch.

#304 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I got to say I am impressed.
My game has been played non stop at the expo today and not once have I had to attend to it..
Last night about 300 games without incident also..
Eightballtexas as my witness..

Maybe cato put that AI code in it and it is learning and repairing as it goes?!

1 week later
#334 2 years ago

Looks great.. how is the unit connecting to the game itself, where are the signal queues coming from?

#338 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

if you're asking where are we triggering all the lights and beacons from, that is what we are currently working on right now. We have the PCB ready and proofed that it can handle everything we throw at it. Now we are getting ready to test in a machine. We will keep you updated as we progress, we will post more videos as we move along.

thank you.. yes. SInce everything is driving from boards, no real wire triggers.. just curious as it seems very complicated. What brought this to me was the Pinstadium post showing GI and FLasher triggers for their light system.. made me think how this was connecting.

3 weeks later
#348 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Ok guys, thanks for your patience. Piggybacking on the reveal Video for the LV, here's a quick video showing our apron mod on a machine and showing a couple of the modes. The colors on the LED's are all customizable via the app we have created so you will be able to tweak to your hearts content There will be more to come as we are so close to this being finalized and put in to production. It's going to be epic!

i am pretty stoked.. i am looking forward to full integration video, ambush, hypersleep, newt, loader, self destruct... etc. want to see apron and beacon action on these modes.

#370 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Just to clarify, does the Nostromo badge on the left of the apron in the picture come that way on the mod? I think it is slick and completes the left side of the apron but I'm a bit late to this discussion so any info in this regard is appreciated.

I dont beleive so.. you can locate it on Etsy for nominal fee. easy to add though if not.

#383 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Close but there is no acid burns on the left side and there are bullets next to the weapon ready and much more integrated light shows

i am salivating over this mod... cannot wait, any ideas on rough goalpost timings for final videos, production, etc. Q1-Q2 2022?

#386 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Thanks! We just found a little hiccup while testing in the machine, this was a software problem and that's why we're testing with an actual machine in gameplay but not to worry we came up with a solution We are now on the 4th design of the PCB board and this should be the last. A couple of members of the team are taking a break for the holidays to be with family and we're hoping to show more video of the apron working in a machine after the holidays. If all goes well we should be able to start production in January and will try to start shipping in February of 2022, this is an aggressive timeline but we want you to have this mod as soon as we can get them ready, unless we hit some kind of parts shortage. But we will for sure keep you all updated as we get closer.
Merry Christmas!!!!

Wonderful.... thank you for the update. Very exciting for sure and looks amazing so far. Glad you have a good team figuring it out! Happy Holidays to the team!

#418 2 years ago

I am pumped for this mod for sure.. cannot wait.

#437 2 years ago

Please follow my instructions....
GUYS DONT PM ME OR DAVE ASKING TO BE ON A LIST. THE NAMES BELOW ARE FOLKS BUYING THE APRON AND BEACON BUNDLE.. OR JUST APRON.
SEND FULL AMOUNT OR MINUMUM $250 TO MY PAYPAL. [email protected]
FREINDS AND FAMILY PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last favor, don't send me partial payments like 80 bucks today and then in 2 weeks another 120 etc etc...just to much maintenance.
Thanks everyone for helping make this a little easier to manage.
1) RED-DEVILS
2) EIGHTBALLTEXAS
3) BRADO426
4) ZABLON
5) JOETECHBOB
6) RUSSG
7) ZMENY
ZMNEY
ZMENY
ZMNEY
ZMENY
8) LLABNIP1972
9) ELCID95
10) KCIACCIO
11) CHOPPER36
12) DJSOUP
13) MCDOOM
14) BAGGERMAN
15) DPECK3
16) CRILE1
17) STRAKER
18) MOJOJEDI
19) BENIME
20) GORILLABISCUIT
21) CRISPIN1
22) CAPTCHAOS ( Option 2) Paid in full.
23) RACERX61
24) PBALLJUNKIE
25) SIXITIESKID
26) DRAIN-O
27) Gooch
28) Flipper-Happy Option 2
29) Bigdaddy07
30) ezeltmann
31) BozotheClown
32) DannyGraver
33) Batedogg ( Paid In Full)
34) Paddy-O
35) DawnP
DawnP
36) Ravenwing
37) dyopp21
38) LordHelmet
39) Moat-Pin (Paid in Full ) Option1
40) Rockrand
41) DVDA
42) Monkfe ( option 2)
43) ChubToad13 ( paid in Full Option 1)
44) Drunken_Idaho
45) Cigaretteman ( Shipping to to Denmark)
46) Dano
47) Calprog (Option 2)
48) Delt31 (Option2)
49) CPR9999
50) Utesichiban
51) mbrave77
52) Oneangrymo
53) BOB-G
54) Lateralus ( Option 2)
55) Chosen_S
56) GreatPins Paid in full ( Option 1)
57) mjpinballs
58) FtrMech Paid in Full ( Option 2)
59) MikeHogue
60) Nstone4425
61) Deadpin ( Apron Only)
62) Jason ( Shipping to Australia)
63) Sheriffs1
64) Aeon (Option 2) Shipping to Norway)
65) Jackalwere
66 Backflipper
67 PDX Mike
68) RPZ - Option 2 ( Shipping to Sydney Australia)
69) visualmagic
70) driph Option 2
71)
72)
73)
74)
75)
75 committed so far. We have to cut this off at 100. The metal needs to ordered all at once and we hope the wait is not long.
Zmeny 5 Option 1 committed.
Dawn 2 Option 1 Committed
Fees owed to collect later....no rush yet.
Zach $36.62
CaptChaos $22.17
Llabnip1972 $7.72
Kciaccio $7.72
Chosen_S $7.72
Anyone on this list not in the USA , let me know so we can be ready to get pricing on shipping when it's time to ship.

Did you place pinside marketplace add to sell the remaining slots? I want nothing holding my apron/beacons back man! Whooooo!

1 week later
#449 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I hope they have a cut off time if it is slow to reach 100.
I don't want to wait until fall to get mine..Does not seem like PB is cranking out that many delivered lately. And a lot of lv owners are not buying the modded becon package.</bloc

We are about to order all 100 aprons, I am sure we will have buyers over time for the last 15 or so. The electronics side is really tough. We are on version 30 of the power and boards....when ready we will show you and it will blow you guys away on how much this little baby needs.
Moving forward with production now which is being done overseas.
Thanks.

Love the updates... crazy tough i am sure! I am sure it will be amazeballs... twipy award winner for 2022? this is OUR animated Grogu!!

1 week later
#465 2 years ago

Grab the front mods for the launch and engage buttons. Those are fantastic.
Red_Devils post up some pics of yours all lit up.

The start and launch button mods? I have those and they are great!! see attached.

PXL_20220123_172337814 (resized).jpgPXL_20220123_172337814 (resized).jpg
#468 2 years ago

Thanks Bud. Can you take some close ups?

Sure can... I have a 6volt LED in Launch button.. very bright. I think they come with 12v leds. Mine was broken so i swapped. I will either swap start for 6v to keep matched in brightness or more likely just order a 12v led.

PXL_20220123_223041131 (resized).jpgPXL_20220123_223041131 (resized).jpgPXL_20220123_223055389 (resized).jpgPXL_20220123_223055389 (resized).jpgPXL_20220123_223110541 (resized).jpgPXL_20220123_223110541 (resized).jpg
#471 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I have those button mods also and they are really awesome! I highly recommend not running with a 6V bulb in there. As I recall, I didn't realize they came with 6V bulbs either. The only reason the launch bulb doesn't blow is because it is always flashing. I believe the Engage button got hot and eventually blew on my machine because it was 6V and the game was sending 12V. I replaced both bulbs with 12V bulbs. The guy who makes that mod even sent me 12V bulbs after the fact, so if you ask him, he might send you some.

Thank you.. 12v it is. Will pull it today.

#475 2 years ago
Quoted from PBlank:

Where can I get that start button from? There's so many threads now I can't find anything. I wish there was a single thread with all mods listed and pointing to where to get them.

https://superskillshot.com/products/alien-start-button-mod has both the start and launch buttons.

1 week later
#487 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:UPDATE!!!!
Here's a longer video concentrating on the trough, lock, MU/TH/UR switches and beacons functionality when triggering multiballs and the MU/TH/UR scoop triggering the flashing of the beacons. Please note that the Acid burns, Xeno and Weapons ready aren't hooked up yet in this video. We are taking it one step at a time, while we test each feature of the apron. In the video you can see the "fire" effect on the logo when in multiball and the strobing effect of the front LED's, it really takes the multiball effect to the next level of immersiveness

A lot of time and thought have gone in to the design of this mod to make it very easy to install for the end user. We ended up creating auxiliary boards so that there won't be a rats nest of wiring going from under the playfield to the apron controller board, we are using RJ45 connectors to make everything cleaner and simpler to hook up. Here's an example of one of the Aux boards
Stand by for more videos as we test each of the features.

[quoted image]

Looking good so far! I see Muther shots activate beacon flash during normal play with steady lit apron playfield LEDS, ice blue alien logo led.. Strobe effect on Leds in Apron, Fire LED under Alien, Rotating beacons on Sentry, Ambush and Hypersleep multiballs. Assumption is that this would continue through Save Newt.

Final Mission modes, Self Destruct and Loader Battle, what is your thinking on this?

Are you planning something slightly different for "All out War" final wizard mode?

Will there be a lightshow for the inactive attract modes?

Thank you for this amazing mod, very excited.

#498 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

At this moment ALL multiballs will trigger the strobing, fire effect on the logo and beacons rotating.
We have thought about different light shows for the wizard modes at this time they may be slated for a future enhancement to the code. We are concentrating on getting the apron finished and ready to ship.
What is hard to see on the video is the I in the logo LED's is pulsating and don't forget with the app we will send, you will have full control of the color of the AL EN and the I and also the color of the strobe when in multiball and when in normal play, you will be able to configure all the lights to whatever colors you like

Wire transfer sent!! Amazing... this is such a sweet mod... good stuff, keep up the good work!!

#523 2 years ago

QQ for the mod makers... I am assuming an external power supply is going to drive the boards, apron and beacons for the mod? We have discussed the mod functions, but not the power. I know my Alien does not have a Service Outlet so i need to get creative for external power if that is the case.

#525 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

At the moment we are having great success using power from the game. However that could change if we see any kind of detriment to the game. We will let you know as we go in to final testing.
At the moment we have the first batch at the powder coaters, we have received the final quote for the wiring harnesses and beacons and will be placing those orders this week. Things are moving along well guys.

Good news indeed!!

#529 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

A couple more details on power for this apron. The easiest and most seamless solution is to use power from the left +12V playfield rail. Our biggest concern was the possibility of blowing a fuse. The Alien Annunciator board with beacons uses about 1200 mA maximum. Without beacons, we are looking at around 600 mA. We have been testing using this method for the past week and witnessed absolutely no problems.
That being said, we have been keeping the possibility of an external power supply open as an option all along (just in case.) If desired, the option exists to purchase a 12V DC switching power supply, solder a 2 pin KK connector to the Alien Annunciator PCB, and connect 12V and GND to that. Additionally, to do this, you would want to remove the 2-amp fuse in AUX board 8. The 12V DC switching power supply can pretty easily be connected to the AC power being fed into the main 48V switching power supply in the machine. (I'm actually planning on using that AC power later to install more lighting in my back-box.) This way, switching power on or off would affect both switching power supplies. If there is an interest in doing this, we can provide a write-up that explains it in more detail, but just know that the option is there.
That being said, based on our testing so far, we do not believe an external power supply is necessary.
12V power input on Alien Annunciator PCB
[quoted image]
If using external power supply, this 2-amp fuse should be removed.
[quoted image]
We are spending a great deal of time making installation of this apron as seamless and easy as possible. We are also building a "Beacon AUX Board" to assist with connection of the beacons to the Alien Annunciator PCB.
[quoted image]

Just letting you know.. not all SV units has the at 12 volt service power tap on left rail. I do not, in fact i have no open 12 volt power taps anywhere on my unit.

#539 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

If you're adding LED strips to your backbox, you definitely want an external power supply for that. I'm planning on adding lighting to my backbox and I will definitely be using the AC power rather than any power in the game.

For sure.. anything pulling from USB's in game will cause problems. I ran into that, moved all to external supply and no more issues.

Quoted from JDub03:

So quick question on this, I realize you can't support PB and other people's mods. But I am also doing the translite mod which will require an LED strip, taking more power. That being said, do you recommend going external power? I don't mind adding it as I will just hook it up to my smart outlet to turn on with the machine. But I am more concerned about power and overheating as one of the previous posts mentioned.

Just installed the translite mod, yes run to external power. even a small 6 led 5 v strip was enough to cause issues on mine.. so now all external for all LED strips. No biggie really.

#542 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Never had that issue and I have 40 LED 5v plugged into mine.

not me.. i think second game in with new led lights i started get lock ups... reboots would clear it, then lock up again. Moved it all external, no more issues.

#545 2 years ago

I cant wait till these get delivered and folks see this massive mod.

You and me both!! Last mod i am waiting on right here. Pinball modifications are almost as bad of a habit as customizing Harleys.

1 week later
#563 2 years ago

WE have got to be getting close now.. beacons in hand... aprons at powder coaters.. yes, yes, yes.. sooooon my precious.

#571 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Screenshot of the Alien Annunciator configuration app:
[quoted image]

Are we using a cable of sorts to connect the to apron for this programming or is it wireless, and is this a PC app or phone app please?

#573 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Windows app via USB cable.

thank you!! stoked!

#575 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Baggerman - I finally installed the LED strip in my back box with an external power supply. I made a quick and dirty video that explains how I did it:

Thank you for this video.. i think this will help a few of us for sure!

#594 2 years ago

Any OZ buyers not listed , please DM me.
RPZ
Ceemunkey
jokerpoker
Jason
Starting to work on shipping to you fellas.
ozy Ozy ozy

Are these actually starting to ship stateside? If so, i am stoked big time now!!!!

#611 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Is there a chance we can pick up our order at TPF?

OMG.. you are bringing you Alien to TPF with the MOD yes?

#613 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Where can we order this and does anyone have pricing on it?

Reach out to moderator for details on what is needed to be on list... prices are in this thread.

#618 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thanks guys! I checked out the thread and will message him. Does the mod have any other video besides the tracker mode and Weyland graphic? Just trying to get the fulk picture and if it is interactive at all.

Small boot sequence, fingerprint logon, then just tracker and weyland

#623 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I just posted in the club thread that I was testing on V2.2G code and all was good, I have recently updated to V2.4 and there are no changes, the apron electonics are not causing any disruptions in the game, except making it more epic!
Once EightBallTexas's LV arrives and we can get our hands on that we will begin testing on the LV.
As far as future codes go nobody but PB knows what the code will be and what they have in store so there is no way we can answer that in all honesty.

Will you be shipping to SV owners prior to LV testing?

1 week later
#647 2 years ago

I cannot wait to recieve... i just got to "All out war" last night for first time, it will be epic with full beacon apron kookyness !!

#656 2 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#676 2 years ago

VIDEO OF THE DAY!!!!!!!

Video summed it pretty much up!!

#683 2 years ago

I think i may need rehab to come off this forum once these ship and i have installed in my SV... LOL. it has become a daily habit to look for new videos, information etc on this mod!!

#700 2 years ago

Please can you guys send these "small amounts" as we gear up for final payments....Woohoo.
I will take paypal for this .
Send to [email protected]
Zach $36.62
Captchaos $22.17
Llabnip1972 $7.72
kciaccio $7.72
Chosen_S $7.72
@OIliator $44.35
Baggerman $$7.72
djsoup $ 7.72
Let me know once sent.
TYTYTYTY

sent

#707 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

So if you go with Option 1 Apron & Beacons, you will be disconnecting and removing the stock beacons on the LV, You will be adding our "full" size beacons and they will be integrated with the game play as shown on the multiple videos we have shown here on the prototype aprons. Our beacons are 6" tall and yellow, they also flash and rotate. You could 'wait" it out in the hope that PB will integrate the beacons more in to the game but as of right now they just rotate for about 5 seconds every 10 mins in attract mode and rotate again when the game is over. This was confirmed by EightBallTexas on his LV.

Here's the test play of the prototype in case you missed it
And of course the beacon comparison between the LV and ours..

sweeeet

#729 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Enjoyable evening assembling some Alien Annunciator Beacon AUX Boards:

This is just a very small part of what it takes to build one of these aprons.

No doubt... loving the 80s themed tunes to go along with it... tune slaps!

1 week later
#753 2 years ago

How is the build progressing?

QQ how will the software be made available, box download of some sort pass protected for access?

#756 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

The build progress is going pretty quickly right now, however we have had a delay with the wiring harnesses that have been manufactured in China. They are finished and ready to ship but have been unable to because of the lockdown for COVID-19 that has been in effect for almost a month. The latest we have heard is that the restrictions should lift on 4/25 and they will be able to ship then. If there are any more delays we will let you know. Thanks for your patience guys

Crazy.. Totally understand.. I did not know this but when China decides to lock down, wherever you are when they lock it down is where you stay put. CRAZY stuff over there.!

1 week later
#772 1 year ago

We think so....HAHA.
Now if we can get some parts from china , they should open up soon . If radio shack was around we would be happy...LOL.
Happy Sunday to All.

When voting opens for Twipy mods of 2022. Every one of us purchasers need to vote. Due to limited run (100) we need every vote to make this happen. Going up against any stern based mod is going to be a handicap.

2 weeks later
#787 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

We just received confirmation that the missing parts from China have finally shipped via FedEx. Hopefully they will be received within a week, which will allow assembly to resume.

Great news... i can resume my anticipation for the mod to arrive!!

1 week later
#804 1 year ago

Any updates on production? did the items ship from china as expected?

#806 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

Yes... the items arrived today! About time!!

That is awesome.. so sorry for those folks in lockdown. glad that is easing up!

4 weeks later
#829 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

No I was looking for the one that showed a behind view with the strobes and multi ball effects .Thank you though

it is on this ones you tube page.. he has other videos. Dig a bit.

#832 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Now I just hope the July date comes through for delivery .From what I heard ,Alien is one of the most immersive pins out there and this apron will take it over the top from what I’m seeing

Container from Italy departs this week.. so 3 week travel time so yeah July looks about right. Full container too from what i understand both SV and LV onboard. Lots of happy peeps in July i think!

1 week later
#834 1 year ago

Any updates to expected shipping carrier costs timing for shipping payments to this team?

#838 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

Most of these Aprons are built. Looking way cleaner than the prototype I built... I'm impressed! Can't wait to get my hands on an official unit.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

They sure do look purdy! Cannot wait for mine!!

1 week later
#857 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

I just received and installed the first production unit and I'm super impressed. Way better than the prototype I've been playing with.

I know it has been a long wait... definitely longer than we were anticipating... but I think everyone will agree that it is worth the wait.

Looks like a quality build.. great effort and thank you to the team. Cannot wait to see the flood of videos when users have these installed in their machines!!

#876 1 year ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Ok guys we're on the home stretch now. We have a small production batch on the way and should be here by the end of next week or earlier. we will then make an installation video and contact the first people on the list to submit final payment before shipping. The balance of the aprons will be coming on 2 pallets all are almost boxed and ready to go.
You guys are going to be so happy once you receive these.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Man o man... i cannot wait.. Last mod for my pin. Double Blanton's and a cigar once installed in the teams honor! Well done!

#881 1 year ago

Wow, can you post a picture. Would love to see it.

i think it was the Kurt Savage one on his SV... overlay?

#891 1 year ago

You guys started on the queen apron yet? You can theme it like Wembley?

#893 1 year ago

I am thinking Gilligan's Island should be next.

11gs for the Rhapsody edition.. buy now at Cointaker!!

#895 1 year ago

Folks figure out shipping costs for these bad mamma jammas yet? Im in no rush as i am waiting for replacment wireforms to come in... but curious.

#898 1 year ago

You are the professor, Dave is the skipper and i guess I am Gilligan. Baggerman can dress up and be Mary Ann. lol

Pfft.. everyone knows Ginger was the gal on that show.. I have my sequined dress all ready. LOL

1 week later
#907 1 year ago
silence-of-the-lambs-hannibal-lecter (resized).pngsilence-of-the-lambs-hannibal-lecter (resized).png
#914 1 year ago

Someone needs to figure out the next big mod for Alien please.... when i have this installed i am going to need another thread to hover over for a year

#916 1 year ago

I see what you are doing. LOL
The next mod will not take a year.

Nah.. im not teasing.. i have become accustomed to checking this thread looking for morsels of information, videos, etc. Excited it will arrive soon enough then i realzed that this thread will slow substantially.. Need the next thing to look forward too. BTW.. any hints on the next one? MM Apron?

1 week later
#940 1 year ago

Item for those installing.. take a good look at your center drain holes on playfields. Mine was tore up... i sent pics to Cliff.. hopefully he can fabricate a protector.

Bags.

#976 1 year ago

Agree with others so far.. i am a bit slow and i get easily confused at times during mod installs, but i went slow and for the most part was pretty straight forward. I completly messed up the opto dealio but Brad and a few others here were troopers and i am sorted. I am a person who likes step by step instructon and the video, although it covered everything just was not like a good diagram.... i like to flip to the page, read, absorb, look at the diagram, etc. and proceed cautiously - to me the video lacked the detail i wanted - i was able to install, but i just needed a "bit more". I think that is resolved for the next batch recipients for sure and this dev team is outstanding at comms and trouble shooting.

That being said.. the apron and beacons are badass.. I am having fun customing my colors, strobe effects and such. Hoping as the mod and software matures all have their aprons up and running, the team could look at how more options for individual mode customizations may be brought forward? Custom strobe rates, colors and such for each multi mode. Red for ambush, Yellow and Blue for Newt, YEllow for Self Destruct and Loader battle. White Strobe for All OUt War. Who knows, but the sky is the limit for this team for sure.

Here are few images of my alien in all of its glory.. mod descriptions are
Kurt alt translite, alien egg on bill validator slot, Caution coin return/ejects, alien start and launch buttons, lit flipper buttons and upgraded low voltage stern flipper leaf switches, Alien Apron (of course) i had extra nostromo bronze badge so i replaced the decal on apron, Motion tracker mod, Distressed caution bat covers, Titan Clear rubbers and UV glow Bands and Posts throughout, NECA Sentry guns and ammo cans (THank you Kurt for idea), Black mirror blades, Homemade led accent light strips, Airlock frame, Hypersleep chamber with red fire leds, Hypersleep bed with deep purple led, custom painted xeno head. I hand painted chrome teeth and used epoxy resin to provide deep wet look...and i have a 5v/12v switched power supply to run mods as well as fan coolers on coils. I aligned all the flipper mechs, and dialed in all leafs-pops, etc. Underpin/backbox LED lighting.

To do: Antiglare glass - powdercoat? dunno. Light block for the LED flip buttons.. pinballs are worse then Harleys when it comes to customizing.. dang.

Life is good right now.
20220819_193130 - Copy (resized).jpg20220819_193130 - Copy (resized).jpg20220819_193147 - Copy (resized).jpg20220819_193147 - Copy (resized).jpg20220819_193156 - Copy (resized).jpg20220819_193156 - Copy (resized).jpg20220819_193203 - Copy (resized).jpg20220819_193203 - Copy (resized).jpg20220819_193215 - Copy (resized).jpg20220819_193215 - Copy (resized).jpg20220819_193229 - Copy (resized).jpg20220819_193229 - Copy (resized).jpg20220819_193239 (resized).jpg20220819_193239 (resized).jpg20220819_193247 - Copy (resized).jpg20220819_193247 - Copy (resized).jpg

#994 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

If I have tracker installed I’ll need to remove and put back without screws?

remove screws, remove clear plexi- reinstall screws to hold backing onto the scanner, double stick tape it on new apron.

#1013 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

Zablon I love that idea, so I just coded something up that allows you to disable or change the strobe speed for Hypersleep multiball only. I've been playing it tonight and it is working great. I disabled strobe for multiball and I agree... it is better without the flashing. Just a bit more testing and I'll get you an updated version to play with.

Ill test this as well if you like.. builds on the version you sent me?

#1043 1 year ago
Quoted from driph:

I'm almost as excited for this as I am for the game itself to arrive!

Great work, really like the way it looks. That's one nice thing about being farther down the shipping list, by the time the apron reaches us ya'll will have the light show nicely tuned! :]

You know that is right, i am testing the software updates now and it just gets better and better. Mod purchasers WILL NOT be disappointed by this mod... game changer and provides that "finish" to the immersion.

#1051 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

Holy smokes! Sentry Gun mode now looks amazing!

I think that timing is perfect!

Is this just random or are they tied to the spinners somehow in the mode? looks bad ass man.

#1052 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I can’t contain myself .This game is so damn incredible as is I can’t imagine what’s in store when it arrives .You guys need to officially name this mod .It deserves something fitting .You can’t show up at the Twippys with “Alien Apron Mod”

Since this mod has limited reach (100 sold), we need every owner to vote for this come Twipy time!! Keep this top of mind when the vote season opens up.

#1058 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

I like "Alien Annunciator" myself... it has a ring to it... but I'm a huge nerd.

perhaps a play on both the alien name and the company name could suffice? Alien Evolution Apron as example... Game/Company/Product. Could work for the next project as well "Madness Evolution Apron" or some shit like that. LOL

1 week later
#1070 1 year ago

Time for a follow up review on this apron now that i have tinkered with it a bunch.

I had a hiccup that was preventing me from using anythign on apron that was triggered from Muther scoop. After much trouble shootin, it Turns out that Pbros wired the muther scoop on my machine wonky once i sorted that out, we were golden and using all functions of the apron as intended.

I really do beleive that this apron is bees knees.. to me, it just added that extra something something to tie it all together. All SV, LV owners can benefit from the features the apron offers. I am using what i think is the release canditdate programming and it is smooth running so far.

The coding now gives the option to change the strobe effect timing and strobe color for Hyper Sleep Multiball, you also now have a green flash with random white "bursts" during Sentry Guns along with any stacked or remaining multiballs with thier own timings and white strobe effects. Each is paried along with unique beacon "flashes" for Muther scoop and general beacon effects for all multiballs. Fire effect on multiball is customizable as well.

I will try to pop up a video on Sentry to Youtube this weekend.. I have a battery issue on laptop that will not allow my external cameras to work.. may just do it on phone.. will see.

If anyone has questions just reach out to me.. ill be happy to share my experience with Installation, trouble shooting, etc.

BMAN5K

1 week later
#1108 1 year ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Thanks for the info...my PC is upstairs, and my Alien is in the basement...all that came in the box was a sheet with 2 squars printed on it, the install video link and the software link...the only device that I have to scan the squars is my phone...is there an associated website? I tried to copy the URL when I scanned the squar with my phone and e-mail it to my PC...I still couldn't get it to run. Maybe I am making more difficult than it is...I will keep messing with it.

Whn you download the file it is compressed.. you should extract to downloads then run setup. You will need to turn off any protections as the install will fail if you have anti virus and defender running.

#1120 1 year ago

Ok.. here is a quick video i did to test stream gear, and the apron. Set the Alien to easy mode and messed around a bit. I think i hit it all.

enjoy.

1 month later
#1210 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Thanks for looking into making something for others to enjoy. Currently, I have RGB led strips I ran for the same backbox mod that you have but I'd rip my leds out in a second for your addressable interactive ones.

Same here... loving the development here!!

2 weeks later
#1253 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

I knew there was something missing. It was the strobing backlight. I think this backbox mod is finally complete!

[quoted image]

Send me the invoice already!!

1 week later
#1293 1 year ago

Im looking forward to the back box lighting mod with LEds myself.. any ideas on timing of this upgrade?

Question Are the xeno jaw movements tied to in game triggers or are they randomized?

#1298 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

Xeno Jaw movements trigger the effect. The only randomized effect is the strobing in Sentry Gun mode.

so for my clarity, the game coding that has xeno jaw movments programmed triggers the strobing in the apron..Sorry i am a bit dense this am

3 weeks later
#1375 1 year ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks a completely different ball trough to me on the LV my Sv is much different. Looks like they went with a model that has the fold down gate when you lift the playfield the balls stay in trough, and that mechanism is what the problem is. yep

2 weeks later
#1408 1 year ago

Apron made the list of Twipy Write in Nominees....https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/2022-twipys-write-ins/?fbclid=IwAR3ypW25QZwm6byV1gC-kVT7DaiWWdJGGxNjwHydG81GpYrot_1eNF0gI8Q

Best of luck to the team! Hope you win it as it is an amazing mod for sure!

#1418 1 year ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Guys, Voting is open please go and vote for us for best mod of 2022!!!!!
https://twips.com
I have also contacted this week in pinball asking them to change the creators from what they have listed to Evolution Mods LLC, the creators they are listing is for the old original apron that was for the old Heighway machine and this is a far superior product with much more interaction.
Your vote will be appreciated Thank you all!!!

yeah.... lets hope they change it!!

1 month later
#1556 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

So just got my apron installed. Awesome effect but I would like to have the strobing not as fast. Am I able to change that with the stock (modded) apron (and if so how) or do I need that additional board that’s being sold?

Contact Brado here or look in box for info to download the app.. connect app to apron and adjust your speed as you see fit..no extra board for this one.

4 months later
#1603 9 months ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

It would be awesome if someone could provide a cable for that; I would purchase it.

thats what i said... i cant be making this.

3 months later
#1626 6 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I just want to say it is ridiculous to bang on Brado426 and Red Devil that went out of their way to make something awesome to replace that terrible PB apron on Alien.
The apron and the beacons and back box expansion is amazing and I really appreciate the hard work and time they did to make it happen.

^^ spot on!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider baggerman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-apron-amp-lighting-mod?tu=baggerman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.