(Topic ID: 297340)

Pinball Brothers & Heighway Alien Apron & Backbox Mod!!!!!!!

By Red_Devils

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,649 posts
  • 163 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by digitaldocc
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20231218_194427 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231020_222247_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231020_184833_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-03 at 18.20.51 (resized).jpg
Software1 (resized).JPG
Software 2 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7204 (resized).png
Capture (resized).JPG
20230323_080940 (resized).jpg
strobe (resized).JPG
Pic6 (resized).jpg
pic 9 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Utesichiban.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#70 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

It's definitely something we can discuss with him as we get further along in the build. I know that EightBallTexas is in for an LV so I'm sure that will be on his list of things to ask

Tell him to approach Pinball Bros about making this the standard apron for their upcoming LV's. The factory one is the eye sore on an otherwise nice looking pin.

#72 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Really doubt that is going to happen given the cost.

I'd rather have this apron than invisiglass and a couple of upgrades which really arent't worth much.

If the factory apron wasn't so bad and cheap looking, I may feel otherwise.

#74 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Zero chance they use his apron. Even Stern uses cheap plastic aprons.. it is what it is.

Give me a cheap Stern plastic apron any day over this pin's apron.

1 month later
#160 2 years ago

If anyone bails, put ne on the list as well.

#162 2 years ago

Hoping by some miracle Pinball Bros includes this apron or one similar to it on the LV. Not holding my breath, though.

2 months later
#369 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

!!!!!!!UPDATE!!!!!
Ok guys this is the update y'all have been waiting for, you requested and we have listened. We've been hard at work with the new apron design and have exciting news for everyone. With the help of our electronics whiz (a fellow pinsider) we have come up with a solution to add the beacons to the apron mod! He has designed a PCB combined with an Arduino to program all the lighting sequences. This brand new re-design will be so much cleaner and offer so much more that the original that was done for the Heighway version. If ever the word PLUG and PLAY was used…this is it!!!.
We have decided at the moment to drop the "Limited Edition" lettering from the apron, but the Alien logo, Weapons and Bullets will be lit, the outer letters of the Alien logo, the inner "I" of Alien and the weapons/bullets and the "mood" lighting will be configurable to be set to any color you wish. our electronics genius has created an app that will allow you to connect to the board to make changes to all the effects from the apron, including turning the beacons on/off, we will have a micro USB connection in the front of the apron to connect to your laptop/desktop so you only have to remove the lockbar to gain access. Run the app and change colors and settings to dial it in to your personal configuration. At the moment we have ordered parts to build a prototype and they should be in within the next week, so look for more updates coming soon. We are looking at ways to having the beacons flash during certain modes in the game along with the strobe lighting effect for Ambush Multiball.
We have decided to start the pre-order process and begin taking deposits for the apron. There will be 2 options for deposits.
Option 1,
"The Works" Custom powdercoated black steel apron with acid burns, micro USB connector, PCB board, 1 set of beacons and all wiring harnesses to connect to your machine and the app to program. Pricing will be $999 inc shipping to the continental US. A non refundable deposit of $250 is required to put you on the list.
Option 2
"Standard"
Includes everything in "The Works" without the beacons. Pricing for this is $750 inc shipping to the continental US. A non refundable deposit of $250 is required to put you on the list.
If you're interested and wish to make a deposit please contact EightBallTexas via a PM message on here to make arrangements.
This is a Limited run guys and we have 75 spots available it will be on a first come first served basis. EightBallTexas will be contacting all who were on the "interested" list to see if they wish to make a deposit.
Here's a couple of vids and pictures showing the beacons and the LED's programmed for the pulsing "I" in Alien and the app.
This is going to be a world shattering mod for your Alien game.
Beacons
Alien Logo LED's
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just to clarify, does the Nostromo badge on the left of the apron in the picture come that way on the mod? I think it is slick and completes the left side of the apron but I'm a bit late to this discussion so any info in this regard is appreciated.

#388 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Close but there is no acid burns on the left side and there are bullets next to the weapon ready and much more integrated light shows

Where would the bullets be? Will there be room on the left side for tge Etsy emblem discussed previously in this thread?

2 months later
#591 2 years ago

So is this the likely design minus the limited edition and nostromo tag?

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I've been in on this game since 2016. I can't wait to somehow finally own one. This mod is intriguing to me for a number of reasons. The original designer backed out in fear of legal reasons & you guys marched on without him. Do you not fear Fox or PB coming at ya for copying infringement? Or has that been properly dealt with? I also wonder if PB is going to honor their stellar warranty service if they know this is on the game, considering you have tampered with the wiring.. man, i don't want to sound like a debbie downer! But that's what i wonder about!(i'm just a drywallogist!) I should definitely find something better to worry about. But lots of good people have sent you guys some serious amount of $$$ if you add up that list! hope it works out for all of them!

Honestly man, we don’t want to come here and read these combative comments every day. If you don’t want the mod, fine. No need to come here and crap on these guys project and continue to beat a dead horse, though..

#595 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

The man's right. Installing any mod on a Stern or new machine from any pinball company can potentially void your warranty. I spoke with PB to confirm this. It is really common sense... they can't be supporting 3rd-party mods on their machines.
This has been discussed countless times before. My best advice is that if a person wants to mod their machine and wants their warranty to be honored for its full duration, they should wait until after the warranty expires before installing any mods.
The pictures I'm posting are of a prototype apron. You can read historical posts for details on that. I'm just using it for testing.

I didn't say he wasn't right. By the letter of the law, you are correct and we all know that. Mods to our games are nothing new, though, and that waan't the point I was making.

If you aren't interested in a mod, fine. Why spend time and energy criticizing or questionning one you have no interest in, though? Just move on rather than trying to put it down and dampen the excitement of those that do like one and are excited about it? Seems unnecessary to me but I digress.

#612 2 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Don't forget to order this to go along with it if you haven't already...I wasn't ever aware it existed as a separate mod until EightballTexax pointed it out to me...
[quoted image]

Where can we order this and does anyone have pricing on it?

#614 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Reach out to moderator for details on what is needed to be on list... prices are in this thread.

The tracker mod?

#617 2 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Sorry, I just saw this...I was away all weekend at the LAX show...I see Manny65 hooked you up. Andrew is very easy to deal [email protected]

Thanks guys! I checked out the thread and will message him. Does the mod have any other video besides the tracker mode and Weyland graphic? Just trying to get the fulk picture and if it is interactive at all.

5 months later
#1016 1 year ago

Do we have updates on where you guys are on the list? I am #50 and haven't received any updates or a final invoice. Not in a rush per say but updates with expected timelines on shipping, etc would be helpful.

#1039 1 year ago

My SV arrived yesterday and I am happy to report it appears to have no issues. I am loving the game but can an anyone that has an SV and the apron already comment on how much lighting the apron led lights provide for the lower half of the playfield?

My basement pinball area is dark, and with a Stranger Things premium and projector in the collection as well, I prefer to play with the lights off. I just tried playing Alien with lights off and found it pretty challenging to keep track of the ball given how dark it is. Also, would an led light strip at the back help light up that area? Does anyone make one?

2 weeks later
#1082 1 year ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Hello All,
I am no longer involved with this project. Please don't DM, Email or Text me in reference to payments and shipping.
Enjoy this bad ass apron. Its freaking awesome.
Have a great weekend all.

So who is?

1 week later
#1135 1 year ago

Can you guys start providing updates on where you are at on the list with these? Are the apron with beacons shipping yet? I didn't think I was that far down on the list but haven't even been invoiced for full payment yet. Thank you.

1 week later
#1164 1 year ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Yes that is correct. Please also note when looking at the list some of the those are Option 2 which have already been shipped. Greatpins You could well be in the next round of shipping.

The first batch has sold out out, we are creating an interested list and when ready for deposits we will be adding them to our shop and our website. which are coming soon. We will be looking at round 2 shipping hopefully around the first quarter of 2023.

Am I in the next round of shipping? I've had my game now for a month and getting itchy for the apron and beacons.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 160.00
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Utesichiban.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-apron-amp-lighting-mod?tu=Utesichiban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.