(Topic ID: 297340)

Pinball Brothers & Heighway Alien Apron & Backbox Mod!!!!!!!

By Red_Devils

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,649 posts
  • 163 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by digitaldocc
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20231218_194427 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231020_222247_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231020_184833_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-03 at 18.20.51 (resized).jpg
Software1 (resized).JPG
Software 2 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7204 (resized).png
Capture (resized).JPG
20230323_080940 (resized).jpg
strobe (resized).JPG
Pic6 (resized).jpg
pic 9 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Red_Devils.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

As stated in the club forum. Royale-W-Cheese and myself had a zoom call with Faust about the apron he designed for the original Heighway Alien, we were gauging his interest if he would like to revise the design so the apron would work for the Pinball Brothers machine. Well we are happy to report at the end of the call he said he would be interested in revising this fantastic work of art. For him to take this on we would need at least 20 and no more than 25 for the initial batch of aprons. Here's the link to the post about the original run...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-apron-amp-lighting-mod-

He is sending me one apron so that we can determine measurements and fit on the new machine, this will be a work in progress and we will update on here. If you would like to be in on this work of art, post here or PM and I will put you on the list. This will not require you to send in your existing apron he will be sending the whole apron with the lighting and it should be easy plug and play. The cost is going to be around $745 shipped to the continental US. Once we start rolling on these I will be asking for $100 deposit to secure your place on the list. I know it's not cheap but art rarely is Here's a few pics of the original one he created

63466065d497bf1db699ebc9348097b389ac4510 (resized).jpg63466065d497bf1db699ebc9348097b389ac4510 (resized).jpg8c86bdf0d1846c57ca834a01f02a6858fea381a1 (resized).jpg8c86bdf0d1846c57ca834a01f02a6858fea381a1 (resized).jpgcb7c35d2f722ff2d1dac905e1cbeeec968fc4057 (resized).jpgcb7c35d2f722ff2d1dac905e1cbeeec968fc4057 (resized).jpgda1cd88df3929da5c3971a2e16cd49a68ee49533 (resized).jpgda1cd88df3929da5c3971a2e16cd49a68ee49533 (resized).jpg8df82356ee0004f4a00611297e980af0554d0d2f (resized).jpg8df82356ee0004f4a00611297e980af0554d0d2f (resized).jpg

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Question: is the tracker part of this, or integrated with the one the other guy is making?

It's integrated with the one Vimtoman is making but not included. thanks

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Send this to PB and see if your mod will be incorporated into the LV model!

Wouldn't that be cool LOL, they are only charging $2k more for the LV and for that I think you'll get a different translite, shaker and powdercoating, and as HurryUpPinball is thinking more lighted targets and maybe beacons since they are in the menu options.

#21 2 years ago

Ok Guys, Here's who I got up to now, If I missed anyone let me know..

Zablon
joetechbob
RussG
Crispin
cpr9999
Knx873

ZMeny I'm not sure if you're serious or not 1 or 5????

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Ok Guys, Here's who I got up to now, If I missed anyone let me know..

Zablon
joetechbob
RussG
Crispin
cpr9999
Knx873

UPDATE:
ZMeny 5
Cgpinhead 2
c818919taylor

Right now we're at 16 which includes Royale-W-Cheese and myself. If you want on the list let me know it's filling up faster than I thought it would

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

hoping there'll be another run later on??

Unknown at this time whether there will be another run, it took some sweet talking to get him to commit to this run. But you never know

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Do we have any idea of price at this time? What was the original?

Pricing is in the 1st post I made in the topic...

Quoted from Red_Devils:

The cost is going to be around $745 shipped to the continental US.

Thanks

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from DannyGraver:

This mod is awesome! I’m on the list for an LV, please add me to this list.

Added, you're #21

#52 2 years ago

UPDATE!!!

Only 3 spots left! If you want to be in on this fantastic work of art let me know.

Thanks guys

#57 2 years ago

Ok guys, we now have 25 on the list. WooHoo!

At this time we will be taking back ups in case anybody drops out. Just PM or post if you want to be on the backup list.
You guys are awesome and I will keep you updated on the status of this mod. Royale-W-Cheese will be posting the 25 soon.

#60 2 years ago
Quoted from wvpinball:

New to the Alien Club. If this fits the Heighway Pinball version add me to the list. Looks AWESOME!

This was originally designed to fit the Heighway machine and the designer is now making a limited batch to fit the Pinball Brothers machine. So I'm thinking that it probably won't work but I will ask him on our next Zoom call and I will let everyone know. For now I will add you to the backup list if that's OK.
Thanks,

#62 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I see the designer also made a Limited Edition apron too? Will the designer make a Limited Version apron in the future?

It's definitely something we can discuss with him as we get further along in the build. I know that Royale-W-Cheese is in for an LV so I'm sure that will be on his list of things to ask

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

Thank you also for heading up the tracker shooter mod! This game is going to be fantastic!

This game is already fantastic! these mods are going to help push it over the top You're going to absolutely love the motion tracker mod it just really "fits" the game, I was extremely fortunate to get the first one after volunteering to be a guinea pig and helping him figure out the connections on this machine.

Thank you for the kind words, we're just really passionate about making this machine the best it can be

#69 2 years ago
Quoted from BozoTheClown:

I would probably be in for an LV.

So is that, Yes please add me to the back up list or I'm still thinking about it?

1 month later
#82 2 years ago

I'm still waiting for the test apron to arrive. Good news is it's finally in the US but no info on when it will arrive. I will update as soon as I get it, this is to test the fit and functionality from the old Alien to the new Pinball Brothers version. The creator is in touch with PB about how we can get all the electrical connections we are going to need and they have been very good about working with him. I'm sorry that there isn't much else to report at this point, but we are still working at it. The good news is the creator is thinking of upping the initial quantity to 50 units, so if you haven't got in yet there will still be time to get on the list.
Thanks everyone

#91 2 years ago

Ok guys, here's the update. I received the apron and checked it out for a test fit. Unfortunately there is going to have to be a lot changes made to the old apron to make it fit the Pinball Brothers version. I have sent the creator back my feedback and am awaiting his reply. In the mean time here's a couple of pictures showing the old Heighway version compared the the new PB version. As you'll see there's a lot of work to be done

20210827_194457 (resized).jpg20210827_194457 (resized).jpg20210828_133926 (resized).jpg20210828_133926 (resized).jpg20210828_133931 (resized).jpg20210828_133931 (resized).jpg20210828_133943 (resized).jpg20210828_133943 (resized).jpg20210828_133950 (resized).jpg20210828_133950 (resized).jpg
#92 2 years ago

Here's a quick video showing the differences with the 2 aprons

and another showing it on the machine.

1 week later
#97 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

Any updates on this please? Thank you.

I just heard back from the creator...
After seeing the videos and pictures he really wanted to get the cad drawings from Pinball Brothers for the apron, but they were not willing to part with any drawings. So I contacted them and asked if they would be willing to send him an apron, Cato responded back that they would. I called the creator and let him know and he told me some great news that he was able to get a hold of an Alien machine! The machine gets delivered to him next week and he will be dropping it off at his associates place for the electrical testing. This means that he will be able to fully test out the fit of the apron and test all the electrical connections before he starts shipping the aprons. It will lead to a much more stable mod and better yet a shorter lead time!

More great news: After putting the creator and Cato in touch with each other Cato is willing to dedicate an IO connection on the machine to the apron. What this will mean is the strobes will be activated when Ambush multiball is triggered and when the multiball is over it will turn off, making this mod fully interactive with the machine. On the old Heighway version this was a timed mode meaning it would turn on/off for a specific amount of time and the multiball may or may not be over when the time ran out. This is unheard off, does anybody else know of a manufacturer that is willing to program a mod to be interactive on their machine? Pinball Brothers yet again prove that their customer service is second to none and they listen to what their customers want. I was actually floored when I heard this.

Thanks for your patience on this, when it's finished it's going to be earth shattering!!!!

#103 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Assuming this will work on the LE edition?

If Pinball Brothers stay true to what they said that the LV will have the same playfield and features just cosmetic differences, then I see no reason it wouldn't work. We will know for sure when they reveal the LV on the 24th

3 weeks later
#169 2 years ago

Well guys I have an update...

I have just heard from Cato at Pinball brothers, as he promised he took the idea to the team for the apron to be interactive with the game and the team rejected the idea. The reason was that our apron mod will compete against what they have for the LV. So it appears that the idea for our apron has been taken by Pinball Brothers and now pitched as their own idea to be incorporated into the LV.

So where does that leave us?
I have spoken to the designer and he said he will wait to see what they have decided to implement to the LV and then he can take it and see if he can make an "upgraded" version, That means probably just the metal part with the plate, a lighted logo and the acid holes and the lighting made by PB could then be transferred to the new apron. If PB also takes over the acid holes etc. (which we doubt; too much work) or if their apron is much nicer, we can drop the project.

I'm sorry for the bad news

We will keep the list open and now it's a wait and see game to when they actually show a finished game and what options they have gone with. I will update the thread as soon as we have more news to share.

Thanks guys.

#170 2 years ago

It seems like they have already taken the idea and put it on the Queen pin. Take a look at the apron in this picture

f54a082104b5d0c1961a6ec75c0af1fd3b13e118 (resized).jpgf54a082104b5d0c1961a6ec75c0af1fd3b13e118 (resized).jpg
#182 2 years ago

Guys, Thank you for all your heartfelt comments. We really thought we could get this mod to be interactive with the machine. I will take your comments up with the designer and see what he wants to do. If you really don't mind the apron working on the same principle as the Heighway version that is it would be a timed mode for the strobe effect in Ambush multiball then we can see what he says. We can wait and see what they are going to do with the LV or I can ask him to see if he'd be open to make it like the old version. Because who knows how long it will be before they show an actual LV machine.
I will keep you updated.
Thanks again.

#189 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

When the LV version is released, reverse engineer the boards, use same coding for this version. Why not use the chinaware tactic on it.

From speaking with the designer that is what he wants to see, is how they have incorporated it and then see if he can piggy-back on it with the custom apron to make it interactive.

As far as the snarky comment by Dee-Bow goes, he made this design for the original Heighway version so the timing was way before PB brought out their version. I don't know why you are even posting here as you don't have a machine or one on order, so I guess you're just trolling

2 weeks later
#200 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

Any news on this or progress?

Well I have an update and it's not a good one I heard back from the designer and here is an excerpt from his email to me...

"Apparently my mod is a trademark infringement on the ALIEN word/logo which is registered/owned by Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation and any commercial use without purchasing a license agreement this is not allowed."
He is also going so far as to pull all the YouTube video from the original Heighway version he created because of this threat.

He also stated that the people helping him with the design and electronics have backed out for fear of being sued. It looks like Pinball Brothers have got what they wanted, no competition on the aprons. This really sucks and kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth with PB, it sure sounds like he received a cease and desist letter and "somebody" brought it to light with them.

I want to thank all you guys who wanted in on this amazing mod and it is a sad day that we aren't going to be able to see this on our machines.
Peace out guys.
Red_Devils out...

#225 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Good question since I have the tracker already installed in mine.

Look closer at the picture guys, the spot is there to mount the tracker mod, there's no need for the plate that Vimtoman sent, it just sits right on the apron cut out.

#235 2 years ago

MORE GREAT NEWS!!!!!!
Looks like we have been successful in recruiting a fellow pinsider to help with the electronics side of the mod. Things are starting to look up.
Stay tuned for more updates.

#238 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

You still have the original list of buyers, right?

Yes Sir

1 week later
#251 2 years ago

!!!!!!!UPDATE!!!!!
Ok guys this is the update y'all have been waiting for, you requested and we have listened. We've been hard at work with the new apron design and have exciting news for everyone. With the help of our electronics whiz (a fellow pinsider) we have come up with a solution to add the beacons to the apron mod! He has designed a PCB combined with an Arduino to program all the lighting sequences. This brand new re-design will be so much cleaner and offer so much more that the original that was done for the Heighway version. If ever the word PLUG and PLAY was used…this is it!!!.

We have decided at the moment to drop the "Limited Edition" lettering from the apron, but the Alien logo, Weapons and Bullets will be lit, the outer letters of the Alien logo, the inner "I" of Alien and the weapons/bullets and the "mood" lighting will be configurable to be set to any color you wish. our electronics genius has created an app that will allow you to connect to the board to make changes to all the effects from the apron, including turning the beacons on/off, we will have a micro USB connection in the front of the apron to connect to your laptop/desktop so you only have to remove the lockbar to gain access. Run the app and change colors and settings to dial it in to your personal configuration. At the moment we have ordered parts to build a prototype and they should be in within the next week, so look for more updates coming soon. We are looking at ways to having the beacons flash during certain modes in the game along with the strobe lighting effect for Ambush Multiball.

We have decided to start the pre-order process and begin taking deposits for the apron. There will be 2 options for deposits.
Option 1,
"The Works" Custom powdercoated black steel apron with acid burns, micro USB connector, PCB board, 1 set of beacons and all wiring harnesses to connect to your machine and the app to program. Pricing will be $999 inc shipping to the continental US. A non refundable deposit of $250 is required to put you on the list.

Option 2
"Standard"
Includes everything in "The Works" without the beacons. Pricing for this is $750 inc shipping to the continental US. A non refundable deposit of $250 is required to put you on the list.

If you're interested and wish to make a deposit please contact Royale-W-Cheese via a PM message on here to make arrangements.

This is a Limited run guys and we have 75 spots available it will be on a first come first served basis. Royale-W-Cheese will be contacting all who were on the "interested" list to see if they wish to make a deposit.

Here's a couple of vids and pictures showing the beacons and the LED's programmed for the pulsing "I" in Alien and the app.
This is going to be a world shattering mod for your Alien game.

Beacons

Alien Logo LED's

Tool1 (resized).pngTool1 (resized).pngTool2 (resized).pngTool2 (resized).pngTool2-1 (resized).pngTool2-1 (resized).pngTool3 (resized).pngTool3 (resized).png5357dd40ecb88a0ec1c2cd8341efcfcbecbce59a (resized).jpg5357dd40ecb88a0ec1c2cd8341efcfcbecbce59a (resized).jpgcb7c35d2f722ff2d1dac905e1cbeeec968fc4057 (resized).jpgcb7c35d2f722ff2d1dac905e1cbeeec968fc4057 (resized).jpgda1cd88df3929da5c3971a2e16cd49a68ee49533 (resized).jpgda1cd88df3929da5c3971a2e16cd49a68ee49533 (resized).jpg
#260 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

How are the beacons being integrated?

At the moment we are trying to get the beacons to come on for multiballs, we may be able to get them to come on for Loader Battle and Self Destruct but we need to test for those modes. Also we are going to test to see if we can get them to flash for a couple of seconds when the ball drops in to the Airlock and the Muthur scoop.

#286 2 years ago

Everyone that had signed up on the interested list should have a PM with directions on how to make a deposit. If you have already made the deposit then I didn't send you a PM
Thanks for the support guys, you won't be disappointed

#287 2 years ago
Quoted from johnboyre:

Hi, I'm on the list but have a Heighway Pinball Limited Edition which we discussed at the start of the project, are you still going to be making aprons for the version?

I'm sorry but this version is only going to work on the Pinball Brothers version as we had to modify the original apron hardware to fit this version.

#290 2 years ago
Quoted from benime:

Is there any way to get the apron with the 'Limited Edition' still on it? Is that an option?

Not at this point in time, we decided to drop the "Limited Edition" because the PB version is called a Limited Version and with them making their own version of the apron with the strobe lights exclusive to the LV we felt it didn't make sense. Sorry.

#292 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

Option 1 also includes 2 LED beacons?

yes it does

Quoted from RussG:

Will the acid burns on the apron be able to be back lit with green lighting? I

It should be, but at the moment we aren't including any lighting there, they are colored green around the edges though,

Quoted from RussG:

Also what is "mood lighting" as your stated

Mood lighting is the LED's at the front of the apron, we have have them flashing in a strobe effect for multiball, but on regular game play they can be set to any color and brightness you like to help set the "mood" of the game and light the bottom of the playfield by the flippers.

1 week later
#329 2 years ago
Quoted from flipper-happy:

My understanding is the LV has beacons and if I understood correctly, beacons were the only difference between the two options.

Yes that is correct, with ours we will be supplying the bigger beacons not the squished ones that are shown in the renders from PB

Also the beacons will be integrated with our PCB board, so it makes total sense for the SV owners, but I understand where you're coming from having ordered an LV. We all wish PB would have at least shown more details about it by now, it's been almost 2 months since they revealed the renders for the LV but crickets since.

#337 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

where are the signal queues coming from?

if you're asking where are we triggering all the lights and beacons from, that is what we are currently working on right now. We have the PCB ready and proofed that it can handle everything we throw at it. Now we are getting ready to test in a machine. We will keep you updated as we progress, we will post more videos as we move along.

3 weeks later
#345 2 years ago

Ok guys, thanks for your patience. Piggybacking on the reveal Video for the LV, here's a quick video showing our apron mod on a machine and showing a couple of the modes. The colors on the LED's are all customizable via the app we have created so you will be able to tweak to your hearts content There will be more to come as we are so close to this being finalized and put in to production. It's going to be epic!

#368 2 years ago

BONUS UPDATE!
We have added a new addition to the apron modes. The beacons will flash when the ball is in the Muthur scoop

#378 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

A thought... maybe index a few key posts?

It's $250 initial deposit to secure a spot,
$999 for Option 1 Apron and Beacons
$750 for Option 2 Apron only
Price includes shipping to the Continental US only. We have had requests to ship international and we are willing to ship overseas, we can't do that for free but that will be at the rate at the time of shipping, we will contact you with a quote for international shipping and you will then make the extra payment for the shipping charges. Please note that one of our team is located in Europe and if you are from Europe we can have him ship from there to ease the cost a little. Thank you all for the amazing support. You will not be disappointed!

#379 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I hope it fits the LV b/c that’s what I bought it for!

Oh it will fit, Royale-W-Cheese is one of the first on the LV orders so you will get to see it in all it's glory on his machine

#382 2 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Is this the final design you guys are making?

Close but there is no acid burns on the left side and there are bullets next to the weapon ready and much more integrated light shows

#385 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

i am salivating over this mod... cannot wait, any ideas on rough goalpost timings for final videos, production, etc. Q1-Q2 2022?

Thanks! We just found a little hiccup while testing in the machine, this was a software problem and that's why we're testing with an actual machine in gameplay but not to worry we came up with a solution We are now on the 4th design of the PCB board and this should be the last. A couple of members of the team are taking a break for the holidays to be with family and we're hoping to show more video of the apron working in a machine after the holidays. If all goes well we should be able to start production in January and will try to start shipping in February of 2022, this is an aggressive timeline but we want you to have this mod as soon as we can get them ready, unless we hit some kind of parts shortage. But we will for sure keep you all updated as we get closer.
Merry Christmas!!!!

#401 2 years ago
Quoted from visualmagic:

He said "Yes it fits; the bottom playfield is exactly the same."

As stated above the original version will not fit the Pinball Brothers machine. The one we are doing will have a completely different way of connecting to the machine, we have created a new PCB board to control all of the effects including the beacons, all to be interactive with the machine.

#405 2 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Many pictures of different aprons on first post but I’m just unsure of what I am actually getting if I put money down.

For testing purposes we have 1 of the original aprons that was modified to fit the Pinball Brothers machine, the later videos of the apron with the acid burns lit up will be very close to the production one. The only difference will be that the new one will not have "Limited Edition" cut out. As far as the acid burns, the lettering, the weapons ready and bullets they will all be the same. We thought it was important to get all the board and connections working before we put in an order to the metal fabricators to start making the steel apron. As I've said earlier a couple of the team are on vacation for the holidays and we have also sent out the 4th iteration of the PCB board to be made and that should be ready for testing when they return. We have another meeting scheduled after the New Year to check and make sure we are ready, if everything works out with the new board then we will begin production. We can't show the "final" product until we've completed testing. We have countless hours in to this mod and be assured it will be everything we say it is and more. If you feel like holding out until we're done, just remember this is a "limited" run and when we're done we probably won't be doing it again.

#414 2 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

So, if your PCB board has functionality to control the effects, to include the Beacons...what impact, if any, will your PCB board have on the factory installed Beacons on the LV? I am assuming PB has their own functionality to control the LV Beacons...will you override it, enhance it or your mod will not affect the Beacons on the LV?

Without having an actual LV machine to test on, we have no clue how PB are activating their beacons. Having said that if you get our mod with the beacons they are directly hooked to our PCB board and will be activated from there. If you only get the apron only then PB beacons will be activated from their connections. Royale-W-Cheese is on one of the early LV's so we will be able to test when his arrives and then we will be able to show you how it will work on an actual LV.

#421 2 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Put me on the list

There is no "list" read the multiple posts by Royale-W-Cheese above telling you how to put down a deposit and secure an apron. Look at post #410 for details

#428 2 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

then when ready ..final balance to pay is 774 for a total of 999.

Your math is of a little Lol, 999-250 = 749 final payment

2 weeks later
#453 2 years ago

Please take note of Royale-W-Cheese post above!!! NO MORE PAYPAL option, PM him for wire deposit information. This is a one time limited run of 100 aprons only, if you miss it that's it there will not be another run! Only 18 spots left!

TimeLine Update:
We are beginning production, the order for the metal is going in next week, we anticipate approx 2 weeks to manufacture, then they go to the powder coaters, that will also take around 2 weeks but you cannot get in line until they have the aprons at the facility, Acid burns will be done at the same time. Once returned from the powder coating then begins assembly of all the electrical components. Then testing and finally packaging and shipping. Depending on availability of the electrical components we are now looking at mid to late March to begin shipping. We would love to have them ready for TPF so we could bring one and show it installed in an actual machine. We will keep you updated as we move along. Exciting times are ahead

#458 2 years ago
Quoted from blacklightprod:

Add me to the list. Thanks

As stated previously the only way to get on the list is to send a $250 deposit. Please re-read the above post and send a PM to Royale-W-Cheese to get the details of where to wire your deposit too.

2 weeks later
#485 2 years ago

UPDATE!!!!
Here's a longer video concentrating on the trough, lock, MU/TH/UR switches and beacons functionality when triggering multiballs and the MU/TH/UR scoop triggering the flashing of the beacons. Please note that the Acid burns, Xeno and Weapons ready aren't hooked up yet in this video. We are taking it one step at a time, while we test each feature of the apron. In the video you can see the "fire" effect on the logo when in multiball and the strobing effect of the front LED's, it really takes the multiball effect to the next level of immersiveness

A lot of time and thought have gone in to the design of this mod to make it very easy to install for the end user. We ended up creating auxiliary boards so that there won't be a rats nest of wiring going from under the playfield to the apron controller board, we are using RJ45 connectors to make everything cleaner and simpler to hook up. Here's an example of one of the Aux boards

Stand by for more videos as we test each of the features.

Aux Board (resized).jpgAux Board (resized).jpg
#489 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Assumption is that this would continue through Save Newt.

Final Mission modes, Self Destruct and Loader Battle, what is your thinking on this?

Are you planning something slightly different for "All out War" final wizard mode?

Will there be a lightshow for the inactive attract modes?

At this moment ALL multiballs will trigger the strobing, fire effect on the logo and beacons rotating.
We have thought about different light shows for the wizard modes at this time they may be slated for a future enhancement to the code. We are concentrating on getting the apron finished and ready to ship.

What is hard to see on the video is the I in the logo LED's is pulsating and don't forget with the app we will send, you will have full control of the color of the AL EN and the I and also the color of the strobe when in multiball and when in normal play, you will be able to configure all the lights to whatever colors you like

#490 2 years ago

First batch of aprons are back from the fabricators, next, off to be powder coated
Things are moving along nicely.

bare Apron 1 (resized).jpgbare Apron 1 (resized).jpgbare Apron 2 (resized).jpgbare Apron 2 (resized).jpg
#492 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Did you mount the plaque to yours, be cool for the newbies who have joined over the last few months to see it.

No on the test apron I have, I'm saving it for the finished product

#509 2 years ago

Test fitting the apron on a machine. Here's a couple of pics showing the "raw" apron on the machine and showing the notch fits

image0 (resized).jpegimage0 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpeg
#510 2 years ago

UPDATE!!
Here's another short video showing all the LED's in the apron working in the game. Enjoy

#524 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:I am assuming an external power supply is going to drive the boards, apron and beacons for the mod?

At the moment we are having great success using power from the game. However that could change if we see any kind of detriment to the game. We will let you know as we go in to final testing.

At the moment we have the first batch at the powder coaters, we have received the final quote for the wiring harnesses and beacons and will be placing those orders this week. Things are moving along well guys.

1 week later
#537 2 years ago
Quoted from Jbeck1971:

Trying to get the bank transfer info for this to do deposit?

Send Royale-W-Cheese a PM and he will send you the info

#543 2 years ago

UPDATE!
New light show added for attract mode. the Knight Rider effect

1 week later
#554 2 years ago

UPDATE!!!
Did somebody say beacons? Well the beacons are here and ready

20220301_084311 (resized).jpg20220301_084311 (resized).jpg
#555 2 years ago

UPDATE 2!!!!

Another update in the same day you say, the answer is yes
New optional feature added to the apron & beacon mod, BEACONS IN ATTRACT MODE!!!!!!
Enjoy!

#577 2 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Red_Devils EightBallTexas is it too late to get on the list for this apron and beacons package?

PM sent
Thanks,

#579 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Here is a new video of how to "properly" add backbox lighting to your Alien Pinball Brothers machine:

Great video my friend, this should help a lot of people to safely get 12v power for their mods.

#585 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

This mod is not for me,

if this mod isn't for you then why bother posting in this thread? I am genuinely intrigued.

Also you are correct in saying the "team" working on this mod didn't even know each other a few months ago, but it just goes to show that this community can bring people together to work on a project that will benefit more than themselves. I am really happy now that I get to call 3 more people my friends and all because we came together here to create something special for fellow owners of the PB Alien.
I wish there was an option to upvote and downvote your post at the same time because that's how it made me feel

Keep playing pinball, that's what brings us together!

#607 2 years ago

!!!!!UPDATE!!!!!!
Things are now progressing, first batch of aprons are due back from the powder coaters next week, all wiring harnesses, LED's, PCB boards are all being built and some have already arrived and are ready to be assembled. We are just waiting on all parts to arrive to begin assembly. A special board for testing all PCB's and all wiring/LED's has been made and every single apron assembly will be tested for full functionality before being boxed and shipped to buyers.

I have been testing a second prototype apron on my machine to ensure we could replicate all features and functions and I'm very happy to report everything is working perfectly, we are making this mod so it will be very easy to install and with simple plug and play instructions. Here's a couple of videos showing the apron on my machine. Enjoy guys, we can see the light at the end of the tunnel and it shouldn't be long now...

Ambush Multiball

Some more game play

#609 2 years ago

I forgot to share the awesome attract mode with the beacons and the Knight Rider effect!!!

#622 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

Will updated Alien game codes effect either of these mods?

I just posted in the club thread that I was testing on V2.2G code and all was good, I have recently updated to V2.4 and there are no changes, the apron electonics are not causing any disruptions in the game, except making it more epic!

Once @eightballtexas's LV arrives and we can get our hands on that we will begin testing on the LV.

As far as future codes go nobody but PB knows what the code will be and what they have in store so there is no way we can answer that in all honesty.

#624 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Will you be shipping to SV owners prior to LV testing?

We will be shipping as soon as we can my friend We want to get you guys this mod as soon as we can but we will not sacrifice quality for speed, I promise you it will be worth the wait

But to answer your question and be as transparent as we can. We will not hold up shipments for people in on the SV if we haven't finished testing with the LV. If we have aprons ready to ship we will contact you and let you know. Depending on the time frame and where we are at with the LV testing we may ask you which version you have SV or LV and take it from there.

Our team is overwhelmed by the support from this community regarding this mod. We started out thinking we would do a small batch of 50 aprons and the response from the owners caused us to up it to 75 and now here we are at 100!

But this is a hard stop at 100 so if you're not in you had better hurry, I believe there are only 5 spots left!

QUICK UPDATE:
The first 40 aprons are back from the powder coaters, a lot of the electrical parts have arrived, we're still waiting on a couple, wiring harnesses and LED's will be shipping on Monday and should arrive within a couple of weeks. That is when we anticipate we should have all the parts to begin assembling and testing.
Stay tuned for further updates.

1 week later
#660 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

RE: LV Beacon drama!!

Now I'm on the fence too. What is the height of the beacons on the LV as I'll need to determine if they can fit under my ceiling. The low profile beacons were nice b/c of that.

Don't start Beacongate

The beacons on our mod are 6" tall on the actual LV I think around 3-4" an actual LV owner can chime in here with the actual size.

#687 2 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

Please upgrade me to option 1.

Done!

Quoted from TheJesman:

If I wasn't option 1 before, I'd like to be. Appreciate it and can't wait. Thanks!

yes you were already in for Option 1

#688 2 years ago
Quoted from brpins:

I would take the spot and go with option 1.

Contact Royale-W-Cheese for wire information, and send the deposit or pay in full to be on the list.

#690 2 years ago

IN PRODUCTION!!!!!
Things are moving along with the first batch of aprons
Easy access port at the front of the apron to plug in your USB cord to your PC for customizing your apron via the app

In Prod 1 (resized).jpgIn Prod 1 (resized).jpgIn Prod 2 (resized).jpgIn Prod 2 (resized).jpgIn Prod 3 (resized).jpgIn Prod 3 (resized).jpg
#692 2 years ago
Quoted from clearstar:

Just discovered this thread. I have an LV lined up on preorder. If there is another cancellation for the apron, I am in for option 2. Ready with payment if a spot opens up. Thanks!

Contact Royale-W-Cheese for wire information, looks like we have 2 spots open to the first 2 who gets their deposits in

#706 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

So again - I'm curious. As an LV owner, am I disconnecting and/or "removing" the built in strobes if shift to Option 1?
What's the thought process from our brilliant and gifted design team?
I see a bunch of LV folks switching it up, just curious what the game plan is for setting this up if I jump on that bandwagon rather than sticking with option 2.

So if you go with Option 1 Apron & Beacons, you will be disconnecting and removing the stock beacons on the LV, You will be adding our "full" size beacons and they will be integrated with the game play as shown on the multiple videos we have shown here on the prototype aprons. Our beacons are 6" tall and yellow, they also flash and rotate. You could 'wait" it out in the hope that PB will integrate the beacons more in to the game but as of right now they just rotate for about 5 seconds every 10 mins in attract mode and rotate again when the game is over. This was confirmed by Royale-W-Cheese on his LV.

Here's the test play of the prototype in case you missed it

And of course the beacon comparison between the LV and ours..

#727 2 years ago

Assembly under way...
More boards
Boards (resized).jpgBoards (resized).jpg

Test fitting the apron in machine
Apron Installed (resized).jpgApron Installed (resized).jpg

USB Access from the coin door to customize/upgrade firmware
USB Access (resized).jpgUSB Access (resized).jpg

It's a lot of work to make this happen guys, it'll be worth the wait

2 weeks later
#755 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

How is the build progressing?

The build progress is going pretty quickly right now, however we have had a delay with the wiring harnesses that have been manufactured in China. They are finished and ready to ship but have been unable to because of the lockdown for COVID-19 that has been in effect for almost a month. The latest we have heard is that the restrictions should lift on 4/25 and they will be able to ship then. If there are any more delays we will let you know. Thanks for your patience guys

2 months later
#872 1 year ago

Ok guys we're on the home stretch now. We have a small production batch on the way and should be here by the end of next week or earlier. we will then make an installation video and contact the first people on the list to submit final payment before shipping. The balance of the aprons will be coming on 2 pallets all are almost boxed and ready to go.

You guys are going to be so happy once you receive these.

IMG-20220714-WA0002 (resized).jpgIMG-20220714-WA0002 (resized).jpgIMG-20220715-WA0001 (resized).jpgIMG-20220715-WA0001 (resized).jpgIMG-20220715-WA0004 (resized).jpgIMG-20220715-WA0004 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#906 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Shipping to the continental US was stated to be included in the price. When did that change?

Since we started the project a lot of things have changed pricing wise. We did have every intention of including shipping but as you are aware everything has increased in price. We are sorry but we hope that you all can understand the situation. Thank you

1 week later
#910 1 year ago

!!!!!!UPDATE!!!!!!

I have sent emails out to the buyers in Europe requesting final payment as the aprons are ready to ship.

I have received the first small batch of aprons and I have contacted the first few buyers from the USA who were at the top of the list and let them know the details for final payment as we are ready to ship those

Some of you guys will have these aprons really soon

#922 1 year ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

Hey guys,

- Payment options to settle up so I’m not scrambling when i get contacted? (Don’t need the specifics, but the options of payment would be cool)

- rough timeline of groupings? How many in 1st batch? I’m #60-something on the list, when might that magical email appear?

Sorry, the project manager in me has kicked in…

So the payment options at the moment are paypal Friends & Family or more preferable Zelle. I don't want to be asking you guys for final payments until we can give you a definitive shipping time frame to you.

The first small batch will be shipping this week to buyers.

The next batch will be around 50 on a pallet it will be shipped hopefully by the end of this month and depending on costs either by air or sea will obviously determine the shipping time. If by air I'd say 2-3 weeks to get here, if by sea anybody's guess, y'all have been tracking the PB shipments right?
Right after that or the same time will be a second pallet with the balance.
We tried to see if they would all fit on one pallet but it's just too much

You will see buyers have them on their machines real soon guys. It is definitely worth the wait, the effect is astounding and once you have it installed you will be blown away with the integration with the game, I know I'm biased but you will see.

#924 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Others after me got a spot. I was missed

I see where you messaged in the thread, but the only way to get a spot was to put down a deposit. It was posted multiple time by Royale-W-Cheese to PM him and he would give you directions on how to place your deposit. That's why others were able to get one, they put money down.

The first batch is all sold out but we are taking names for the second run which we do do by the end of the year. Thanks

1 week later
#948 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Sorry, youtube won't let me change my phone number to post a video. Someone see if they can get to this.

Good job installing, it looks great

#952 1 year ago

Quoted from Zablon:An interesting byproduct. If you boot the game with no balls in the trough, you get the full monty for as long as you want.

You found the Easter Egg!

#987 1 year ago
Quoted from RussG:

So my belief is that better instructions are to follow.

My friend, The feedback we are receiving from the initial batch we have sent out is that the video and the cheat sheet we sent are more than adequate for a successful installation. The only thing we may add in the future if needed would be an addendum if some of the early adopters report that we have missed something in the video that should have been noted. Which is why we created and sent the cheat sheet for you guys.

All you guys thanks for the feedback we are receiving

1 week later
#1041 1 year ago
Quoted from henning:

Hm, I might need to fiddle around a little bit more with the adjustment
The ball gets stuck between the right flipper and the apron.

Yes, this is quite easy to do, remove the apron and put some pressure with your hands to open it a little. It doesn't need much maybe a couple of mm's. This wasn't on all aprons but it is on some it's an easy fix and I'm sorry if I didn't cover it in the video.

#1069 1 year ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

I didn't miss a PM did I? Are you guys shipping to anyone who makes the final payment, or just to some select beta testers?

You didn't miss any PM's we are shipping the orders that were Apron only right now, we will be sending PM's to the Apron & Beacon orders in a couple of weeks asking for final payments. Thanks

1 week later
#1086 1 year ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Hello All,

I am no longer involved with this project. Please don't DM, Email or Text me in reference to payments and shipping.

Enjoy this bad ass apron. Its freaking awesome.

Have a great weekend all.

The team would like to thank Royale-W-Cheese for his involvement in this project and we wish him all the best for the future.

I will be the one notifying you guys for final payments and or shipping costs when the time comes. Please don't worry everyone will receive their apron as we go through the list. We are trying to get to the point of shipping 10-20 aprons a week, we have currently shipped 36 aprons and are moving through the list as quickly as we can. I will be sending notifications to the next 15 people within a couple of days. Please have a little more patience with us as we are in the final stages of this wonderful mod and we can't wait for all of you who ordered to get them installed on your machines.

#1102 1 year ago

You cannot run the app from a phone it has to be run from a PC, you need a USB cord to connect from the board to a PC to program it. You can't do this from a phone.

Also just as an FYI the app will not work on Apple devices, you will need to run it in a Windows emulator on a Mac.

#1104 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Is this just if you want to customize it ? I have not checked out instructions yet might tomorrow night and hopefully install this weekend .

Yes, The app is used to customize and also to troubleshoot any issues Oh and to update the firmware to take advantage of any new updates we come up with

1 week later
#1134 1 year ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

Any shipping updates?

I contacted the next 12 on the list last week. I have heard back from 5 of the 12. I will try the remaining ones again and if get no reply again will move on.

#1138 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Can you guys start providing updates on where you are at on the list with these? Are the apron with beacons shipping yet? I didn't think I was that far down on the list but haven't even been invoiced for full payment yet. Thank you.

Yes, we are now shipping Apron & Beacons option.

You are #50 on the list, we have currently invoiced up to #32 just so you know where we are up to. Some people are asking to defer until later because they're still waiting for their machine. Thanks guys

#1141 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

OK those drill holes on the front of the apron to secure to the playfield are way smaller than the previous/existing apron, at least on my LV - Guess I need to find smaller screws and washer pair.

You should have screws in with your package for the apron and also the long screw.

1 week later
#1163 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Looks like you are number 56.

Yes that is correct. Please also note when looking at the list some of the those are Option 2 which have already been shipped. Greatpins You could well be in the next round of shipping.

Quoted from DK1983:

Are these still for order?
What is lead time?

The first batch has sold out out, we are creating an interested list and when ready for deposits we will be adding them to our shop and our website. which are coming soon. We will be looking at round 2 shipping hopefully around the first quarter of 2023.

#1167 1 year ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

I just got a tracking number with the note "alien apron." When I track it shows origination in the Netherlands. I thought these were being made in Texas for some reason. There were made in NL?

One of our team members is in the Netherlands and that's where these have been assembled. There are too many to fit on a pallet so we are shipping small batches from there until we can fit the rest on a pallet then they will be shipped from here (USA) to you guys.

Quoted from Utesichiban:

Am I in the next round of shipping? I've had my game now for a month and getting itchy for the apron and beacons.

I just checked the list and yes you will on the next round, watch your email for the notification to pay in full.

#1170 1 year ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

#4 on the list but had sold my Alien in the meantime. Team was kind enough to let me defer to next batch to give me some time to think.

Selling your spot is absolutely fine.
To the buyer, by purchasing a spot you are guaranteed that you will receive an Apron & Beacon kit on this sold out round. This doesn't mean that you will be jumping ahead of the line in front of all the other buyers that have been waiting patiently. I just wanted to make this perfectly clear to any prospective buyer. Thanks.

1 week later
#1195 1 year ago

The next 10 on the list have been sent emails, if you were close don't forget to check your emails

We will continue on the way we are going, our team member in Europe will send the aprons from there and I will send the beacons from the States, so you will be receiving 2 packages. The team discussed it and felt it made sense to continue to ship them this way because it will mean you guys will get them a little quicker rather than waiting to fill up a pallet and then waiting for it to arrive here in the States then unpack and re-pack everything. It just made more sense to do it this way.

#1200 1 year ago

after these 10 where are we on the list?

It’d be nice to see an updated list with people crossed off that have received their apron.

Ok so here's a list of where we're up too. Please note that some that are out of order were just in on Apron only and some were also shipped to Europe. I have currently invoiced up to #55 on this list and I'll be going in order unless somebody wants to wait until later. If anybody sees their name missing please let me know via DM..Thanks

4) ZABLON SHIPPED
5) RUSSG SHIPPED
6) ZMENY X 5 WANTS TO WAIT
11) ELCID95 SHIPPED
12) KCIACCIO SHIPPED
13) CHOPPER36 SHIPPED
14) DJSOUP WANTS TO WAIT
15) MCDOOM SHIPPED
16) BAGGERMAN SHIPPED
17) DPECK3 SHIPPED
18) STRAKER SHIPPED
19) MOJOJEDI SHIPPED
20) BENIME WAITING FOR LV
21) CRISPIN1 WAITING TO SELL A GAME
22) CAPTCHAOS SHIPPED
23) RACERX61 SHIPPED
24) PBALLJUNKIE WANTS TO WAIT
25) SIXITIESKID SHIPPED
26) DRAIN-O SHIPPED
27) Gooch SHIPPED
28) Flipper-Happy SHIPPED
29) Bigdaddy07 INVOICED
30) ezeltmann SHIPPED
31) BozotheClown SHIPPED
32) DannyGraver WANTS TO WAIT
33) Batedogg SHIPPED
34) DAMWP SHIPPED
35) DawnP SHIPPED
36) Ravenwing INVOICED (NO REPLY)
37) dyopp21 SHIPPED
38) LordHelmet SHIPPED
39) Moat-Pin INVOICED
40) Rockrand INVOICED
41) DVDA INVOICED
42) Monkfe SHIPPED
43) ChubToad13 INVOICD
44) Drunken_Idaho SHIPPED
45) Cigaretteman SHIPPED
46) Calprog SHIPPED
47) Delt31 SHIPPED
48) CPR9999 SHIPPED
49) Utesichiban INVOICED
50) mbrave77 INVOICED
51) Oneangrymo INVOICED
52) BOB-G SHIPPED
53) Lateralus INVOICED
54) Chosen_S INVOICED
55) GreatPins INVOICED
56) mjpinballs
57) FtrMech SHIPPED
58) MikeHogue SHIPPED
59) Nstone4425 SHIPPED
60) Deadpin
61) Jason ( Shipping to Australia)
62) Sheriffs1
63) Aeon SHIPPED
64) Jackalwere
65) Backflipper
66) PDX Mike
67) RPZ (Shipping to Australia)
68) visualmagic
69) DRUNKEN_IDAHO SHIPPED
70) driph SHIPPED
71) TheJesman
72) Hilliguy
73) Ceemunkey ( Shipping to Australia)
74) vlad_nada
75) AARON 6920
76) HENNING SHIPPED
77) OLIATOR SHIPPED
78) Firechief81
79) SJOEND SHIPPED
80) EMPTY-M SHIPPED
81) KKLOSS24 SHIPPED
82) JRULEZ
83) JDUB03
84) RICHHOUSE 67
85) JECCO74
86) WCBU64
87) SOUNDMAZTA SHIPPED
88) PAULBAPTITE
89) BRANDON76 SHIPPED
90) MATLYNCH91
91) ROB-T800
92) LUSCSXD
93) BACKLIGHTPRO SHIPPED
94) CLEARSTAR SHIPPED
95) DREBAY
96) REDDOG
97) FULLTILT-PINBALL
98) MANK
99) ROCKBITER
100) BRPPINS
101) EHARAN
102) DIGITALDOC
103) PINBALLPAL
104) THE PINBALL-CO-OP
105) MIKE-N
106) RIPIT

#1201 1 year ago
Quoted from SuperMica:

How do I sign up

Spots for this run are sold out. If you wish to be put on an interested list for the next run let me know.

#1205 1 year ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

The picture cheat sheet shows the alien existing playfield board cable (that runs to the trough) to be connected to the "IN" via a blue line and then a notation saying "to trough" from the "OUT" side of AUX board 1.

The blue line indicates the existing Pinball Brothers 10 pin jst cable, plug that into the "IN" on AUX Board 1
The Green line indicates the supplied 10 pin jst cable plug that in to the Pinball Brothers Board 1 and into the "OUT" on AUX Board 1

#1218 1 year ago

Guys, I need a bitt of help trying to track down an Australian buyer, All I have is a company name "Logic Plus Pty LTD" Google tells me the company was sold. On the off chance does anybody know this guy?
TIA

#1220 1 year ago
Quoted from Greatpins:

Got a shipping notification today for the Apron but the address looks all jumbled up , makes no sense What to do ??

I replied to your PM. As I said it's OK, it's how the addresses are input in Europe. All the other aprons shipped from Europe have made it to their destinations here in the USA fine.

#1242 1 year ago

Kkoss24 Looking at your pic please make sure the shooter lane side of the apron is flush to the playfield, I don't know whether that is a shadow and it is flush. Also check with a ball for clearance to the drain some of the aprons may need a little squeeze the enable the ball to drain freely.
Looking great!

2 weeks later
#1286 1 year ago
Quoted from driph:

Hypersleep mode colors, as well as the strobe speed for Hypersleep Multi-ball, all have an asterisk with "AUX Board 10 Required" and they don't appear to be any different from each other anymore during testing.

Other than that small issue, I love it! Fantastic work on this, guys.

This is an add on that we will be adding soon in the store. You will need a small PCB (AUX board 10) another CAT6 cable and in addition to the new light shows for each multiball when the Alien jaw opens the beacons and strobe will flash for a couple of seconds. It's a very cool effect

#1289 1 year ago

UPDATE!!!
Take your apron to the next level....the Expansion kit is now added in our Pinside Store...

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1440-evolution-mods/07450-expansion-kit-for-alien-apron-amp-lighting-mod

#1291 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Would you please post a more revealing video of what the new board does when you get a chance? It's not really clear what it is showing other than some quick flashes when the mouth opens.

That's what the hardware does, As you are playing the game at certain times the Xeno jaw opens and screams at you and when it does that it flashes the beacons, strobes and logo on the apron. It also acts as a key that will unlock the software to enable you to customize the light shows for the Sentry Guns and Hypersleep multiballs, so you can have 3 completely different shows for each of the multiballs

#1313 1 year ago

Guys, when we began the project we had a list of features that we wanted to include in the apron, I'm happy to say that we got all of them added so we could give you a fantastic product. At the time that we were developing the apron we knew we would always think of another feature that we would like to add, so when designing the Annunciator board we added another port for expansion. I asked the team if it would be possible to integrate the Xeno jaw movement into the light show. I thought it would be a very cool feature to add. So brado426 designed AUX board 10 and worked his magic to code this really cool feature, because brado426 is a workaholic and his brain is always thinking of new ways to improve this product he put it to the team that what if we could also create new light shows to go along with the Xeno jaw light show. So he created the new light shows for the Sentry Guns and Hypersleep multiballs. This was always meant to be part of the expansion pack for the apron, it was never going to be part of the basic apron package. So having gave you guys the background story, the result is if you purchase the Xeno jaw expansion pack you will get the extra light shows as a bonus. We are not going to go down the rabbit hole to sell the software for light show/no light show/expansion pack/no expansion pack. As we say we aren't doing this for the money just for the hobby, but we don't want to make it a full time job to administer the software over who has paid for what. This keeps it simple, one version of the software if you have AUX board 10 then you get the extra light shows as an added bonus. Thanks for understanding.

#1317 1 year ago

Any update on the list?

You will be next, it won't be long now before you get the email.
You can find the updated "live" list here
https://www.evolutionmodsllc.com/order-status

#1319 1 year ago

Mine still says shipped and it hasn’t shipped yet fyi.

Mine still says shipped and it hasn’t shipped yet fyi.

As for the expansion. Does that ship from somewhere else or can it ride along with my Apron that hasn’t left yet?

Check your PM

#1325 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Done. Is it just regular cat6 cable? I do have a store close by that I can get some from.

Check your PM

#1337 1 year ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Any idea where this tab goes? Looks out of place.

Zablon is correct it should be straight. Also don't forget installation video and written instructions can be found on our website here...
https://www.evolutionmodsllc.com/support

Thanks

#1354 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I’m late to the party and would like to order this apron for my Pinball Brothers Alien LV.

I have added you to the interested list which can be found on our website at the bottom of the page on the second tab...

https://www.evolutionmodsllc.com/order-status

Thanks

3 weeks later
#1409 1 year ago
Quoted from benime:

Finally finished with my apron install yesterday, happy to report everything working out of the box.

Only some minor gripes:

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this up. I will be taking your notes to the team and we should be able to incorporate your notes in any future runs. Thanks again!!!!

#1417 1 year ago

Guys, Voting is open please go and vote for us for best mod of 2022!!!!!
https://twipys.com

I have also contacted this week in pinball asking them to change the creators from what they have listed to Evolution Mods LLC, the creators they are listing is for the old original apron that was for the old Heighway machine and this is a far superior product with much more interaction.

Your vote will be appreciated Thank you all!!!

#1420 1 year ago

That is not the right link.

Corrected. Thank You!

#1430 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

All good brando! Maybe not directly tied into your software version but i believe Vimtoman designed the software on the version you copied. Many similarities in the modes/effects as well.

man it's been so long since you have been trolling on this thread I really thought you had given up. Nobody cares what you "think" you know, you have zero skin in this you don't own the machine nor have you even asked to be on the list for an apron. I really don't understand why you even post on here except just to try to create some animosity. I will now add you back to my ignored users so I don't have to see your negative posts again, good day and Happy New Year to you Sir!

#1440 1 year ago

UPDATE!!!
We have shipped all the aprons that had put down a deposit. We have 10 left over and i have notified the first 15 people who were on the interested list, this is a first come first served list. If you received a PM from me and are interested in getting one let me know ASAP. The list can be found on our website at the bottom of the page on the second tab here... https://www.evolutionmodsllc.com/order-status
thanks for everything guys and don't forget to vote for us in the Twipys!

#1451 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I had to manually bend mine back quite a bit, put it on the floor, grab a towel and some pliers and have at it.

As stated here that is the way to fix this particular issue, there is no way to bend it enough while it is attached to the machine, the steel is too strong. This wasn't on all of the machines but it did happen on some, remember guys these are hand built machines and there will be some differences in the way they are assembled.

Regarding the metal piece that goes over the trough once we were made aware that Pinball Brothers had changed the design of the trough area our assemblers have made the correction to the last shipments and have made the cutout larger to accommodate this change in the ones that are shipping now. Unfortunately we didn't know about it prior until it was brought to our attention on this thread. The best way is to follow the posts in the thread and cut away some of the metal with a Dremil IF you experience this issue. Like has been stated not all machines are like this and this seems to be a recent change in design from Pinball Brothers. Thanks guys!

#1471 1 year ago

I think I'm only missing two network cables, now that I watch the video over and over.

PM sent. It's my fault. I'm behind shipping the beacons, CAT 6 cables and beacon boards. I just had back surgery right before Christmas and am still getting over it. However I did manage to get them packaged today and they will all be shipped tomorrow. Once again I apologize for the delay I know you have all waited patiently for this mod, you should all get your packages by the end of the week.

#1477 1 year ago

UPDATE!!!!
There are 6 aprons left. The balance of the people who wanted to be on the interested list have been notified. This is a first come first served list!
Thanks and don't forget to vote for us in the Twipys.

#1479 1 year ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

Quick question, is installing the upgrade, apron and beacons on a LV relatively easy, meaning is there any soldering required? Are the directions pretty much cut and dry?

No soldering required but I would put this at intermediate not easy but not super difficult. Take your time and follow the instructions.
Instructions are on our website...https://www.evolutionmodsllc.com/support

#1482 1 year ago

!!!!!!!UPDATE!!!!!!

We are now officially sold out of this run!!!

Thanks to everyone who purchased an apron. Stay tuned for our next announcements, we will be discussing when/if we will be making another run. Also more to come on our backbox lighting mod.
Please if you can vote for us in the Twipys we would really appreciate it and we will be at Texas Pinball Festival and kciaccio has graciously agreed to bring his machine and put it in our booth for you all to enjoy.
Red Devils out!

1 week later
#1503 1 year ago

OK so everything is installed. Beacons turn on as soon as the power is on, as does the apron in a blue. But the beacons never stop spinning, and the apron starts flashing quickly this white color. The "ALIEN" part never lights up.

This could be because you haven't installed the balls and the machine thinks it's in multiball mode.

Glad to hear the apron fits better over the trough area. You got one of the ones that the assemblers manually changed after we heard about the design change that Pinball brothers had made. Thanks for the feedback we can let our design team know that it works and we can make the change for the next batch we manufacture.

#1507 1 year ago

First thing I did. Still not on.

Use the "Contact us" on our support page so we can troubleshoot any issues with you...

#1515 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

but now I'm trying it with that taped on metal piece and doesn't even come remotely close to fitting

On your second picture it looks like the bracket fits fine, it looks flat to the playfield it does look like it needs a little more taking off the back and not so much on the front otherwise it looks like it will function fine unless I'm missing something here. The metal guard I just can't make out where your holes are in your pics, it looks like maybe they could be a couple of mm off but you should be able to maneuver it enough to get it to fit. Others including myself had to loosen the shooter coil to get the bracket in place then re-tighten the coil. If you could send another pic showing how much the holes are off would help also. We appreciate you sending the pics as the assemblers have been asking how the fit was on those they had manually changed.

#1518 1 year ago

Today is the last day to vote in the Twipys, if you haven't done so already please take the time and vote for the Alien Apron for best mod, we would really appreciate it!

2 weeks later
#1542 1 year ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

ok boys and girls I am up and running. It was of course user error, as I had a 3pin come out and once I plugged it back in boom it works. I am going to order a longer cable to connect to PC and once I do, can any of you share what you set the colors to? Thank you for the quick response to my support ticket too and on a weekend!!

We're glad you're up and running! Enjoy the light show!

2 weeks later
#1553 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

They are ramping up for another big order I believe.

Stay tuned for some exciting news to be unveiled at Texas Pinball Festival

#1554 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

So just got my apron installed. Awesome effect but I would like to have the strobing not as fast. Am I able to change that with the stock (modded) apron (and if so how) or do I need that additional board that’s being sold?

Yes as luckymoey states, everything is configurable, go to our website and download the app.

strobe (resized).JPGstrobe (resized).JPG
#1565 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Installing mine now, and the video tutorial is really bad..very unclear and not methodical...This is costing me time and energy because of it. BTW, scratched a tad of my playfield because the apron section didn't say there was a lance that goes into the hole, until half the video was going..could you guys PLEASE MAKE A NEW VIDEO that's just straight forward, and not shakey? THANKS!!!

Well I'm really sorry that we failed to make a more professional video that is up to your standards. This is a hobby for us and not our full time job! If you feel that you could have done a better job by all means go for it to help out other people that have yet to install it. Oh that's right there aren't more people because over 100 have installed it without coming on to the forum and whining about it instead of contacting the creators and asking for assistance like any normal person would do. If it's too much for your skill set we would be happy to refund your money if you want to return it.

3 weeks later
#1573 1 year ago

!!!!TEXAS PINBALL FESTIVAL UPDATE!!!!!!
We are making a small limited run of 50 "LIMITED EDITION" aprons! In addition to the features on the Standard version the Limited Edition features laser cut lettering backlit green also includes a Gold Nostromo name plate that is riveted and includes the add on expansion board for the Xeno jaw integration and the customizable light shows for Sentry Gun and Hypersleep Multiballs. When these are gone we will not be making any more Limited Edition aprons. If there's enough interest we will make more Standard Editions.

So come and visit us in our booth at the Texas Pinball Festival where we will have 7 of these available for immediate purchase, the balance will be shipping in 2-3 weeks. Go to our website at www.Evolutinmodsllc.com for more details.
Also in our booth you will be able to check out our next project and future ideas, we're so excited to show you!

See you at the show!!

20230323_080940 (resized).jpg20230323_080940 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#1579 1 year ago

!!!!!!!!NEW PRODUCT UPDATE!!!!!!!

Guys we are excited to announce that the Apron & Beacon package is also now available for Heighway games!

We have began making a small run to give the guys who have the original Heighway version of the game a chance to add this cool apron to their machines. This will be a one time only and a short run so if you want to get in let me know.

3 weeks later
#1582 11 months ago

I have added the backbox mod to my machine and it looks fantastic. We are getting close to having these ready as a kit to purchase. We are just waiting for the final cable design to come from our vendor and then we can have them start production.

3 months later
#1612 7 months ago

Well I have some super exciting news, the long awaited backbox mod is now available for purchase in our store and here on Pinside!
See our website for more details and installation instructions. We are so happy that we have made it so ALL owners of this great machine can benefit from the backbox mod, whether you have a SV or LV or whether you bought our apron or not it will work on all the machines. But hurry we only have a limited number of them available. Thanks to all for your patience I know it has taken a long time but the old saying is true. "Good things comes to those who wait"
Don't wait go grab yourselves an Evolution Mods LLC Alien Backbox mod!

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

Software 2 (resized).jpgSoftware 2 (resized).jpgSoftware1 (resized).JPGSoftware1 (resized).JPG
#1614 7 months ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Looks cool - sorry hard to tell what comes with this mod. Is it just the lights or is a trans light included?

Fair comment, Here's a picture of the kit for a SV with our apron mod. No translite sorry,
(1) MINI ANNUNCIATOR BOARD
(1) MOLEX SPLITTER CABLE (POWER)
(5) CUSTOM LENGTH LED STRIPS
(1) LONG 2 PIN JST CABLE (BEACON BOARD)
*Kit contents will vary depending on whether customer has a SV or LV and if they have our custom apron or not.
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-03 at 18.20.51 (resized).jpgWhatsApp Image 2023-09-03 at 18.20.51 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#1618 6 months ago
Quoted from ExportZ:

I'm looking for a Alien Limited Edition Apron without beacons and expansion kit.
Pm me if you have one to sell.
Thanks

We aren't splitting up the kits as that is how they are sold. However you can purchase the kit and don't install the beacons or the expansion kit.
Thanks,

4 months later
#1648 38 days ago

Hey Guys we're running a special offer for TPF.
We are having a sale store wide on our website, get 10% off everything in our store use coupon code TPF202410-OFF and for the Limited Edition Apron we are offering a 15% Discount Use Code TPF-SPECIAL Hurry because the sale ends on Sunday at midnight CST
Https://Evolutionmodsllc.com/store

We hope we will see you there in our booth.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 160.00
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Red_Devils.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-apron-amp-lighting-mod?tu=Red_Devils and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.