(Topic ID: 297340)

Pinball Brothers & Heighway Alien Apron & Backbox Mod!!!!!!!

By Red_Devils

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,649 posts
  • 163 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by digitaldocc
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20231218_194427 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231020_222247_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231020_184833_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-03 at 18.20.51 (resized).jpg
Software1 (resized).JPG
Software 2 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7204 (resized).png
Capture (resized).JPG
20230323_080940 (resized).jpg
strobe (resized).JPG
Pic6 (resized).jpg
pic 9 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FtrMech.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#372 2 years ago

PayPal sent, full amount...Option 2 since I am getting an LV.

1 week later
#412 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

As stated above the original version will not fit the Pinball Brothers machine. The one we are doing will have a completely different way of connecting to the machine, we have created a new PCB board to control all of the effects including the beacons, all to be interactive with the machine.

So, if your PCB board has functionality to control the effects, to include the Beacons...what impact, if any, will your PCB board have on the factory installed Beacons on the LV? I am assuming PB has their own functionality to control the LV Beacons...will you override it, enhance it or your mod will not affect the Beacons on the LV?

#415 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Without having an actual LV machine to test on, we have no clue how PB are activating their beacons. Having said that if you get our mod with the beacons they are directly hooked to our PCB board and will be activated from there. If you only get the apron only then PB beacons will be activated from their connections. EightBallTexas is on one of the early LV's so we will be able to test when his arrives and then we will be able to show you how it will work on an actual LV.

Sounds good, I appreciate the response...I am already in for the Apron, I was just curious since you mentioned the Beacon functionality.

#417 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

I might sell my little beacons as I like the bigger ones..LOL.
What you guys think in these crazy times??? 1k-2k? HAHA

...I actually prefer the low profile Beacons. It will be nice when they start shipping the LVs...really curious/anxious to see how this apron mod enhances it...along with any potential upgrades you folks may be inspired to consider once you have time to "play" around with it.

#424 2 years ago

I just noticed that you had me down twice...the 44 slot and the 58 slot...I believe 58 to correct...

3 weeks later
#462 2 years ago

Don't forget to order this to go along with it if you haven't already...I wasn't ever aware it existed as a separate mod until EightballTexax pointed it out to me...

20220123_093213 (002) (resized).jpg20220123_093213 (002) (resized).jpg

1 month later
#616 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Where can we order this and does anyone have pricing on it?

Sorry, I just saw this...I was away all weekend at the LAX show...I see Manny65 hooked you up. Andrew is very easy to deal [email protected]

2 weeks later
#678 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

VIDEO OF THE DAY!!!!!!!

Well, I'll get beat up here but I still prefer the low profile beacons.

#681 2 years ago

I have an LV or order.

5 months later
#1072 1 year ago

Mine arrived today...Holy Cow...Nice!! Looks like I will be busy this weekend.

20220909_134601 (resized).jpg20220909_134601 (resized).jpg20220909_134630 (resized).jpg20220909_134630 (resized).jpg
#1077 1 year ago
Quoted from DoorCounty:

I see some Aprons have text below ALIEN that says Limited Edition. Who gets this version?

As I understand it, none of them have "Limited Edition". The one you see in the photos is a sample Heighway LE Apron, it was used to test/create/develop the mod.

#1100 1 year ago

Anyone know what the App was that was needed to extract the code...it wasn't very clear in the video...I am trying to run/install it from my phone.

#1107 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

It is a Windows application. You just need to unzip it and install it on a Windows computer.

Thanks for the info...my PC is upstairs, and my Alien is in the basement...all that came in the box was a sheet with 2 squars printed on it, the install video link and the software link...the only device that I have to scan the squars is my phone...is there an associated website? I tried to copy the URL when I scanned the squar with my phone and e-mail it to my PC...I still couldn't get it to run. Maybe I am making more difficult than it is...I will keep messing with it.

#1109 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Whn you download the file it is compressed.. you should extract to downloads then run setup.

Got it...needed to download some software. Thanks for the nudge. It was actually the virus protection causing me the issue...once past that I was able to get to the needed software prompt.

3 weeks later
#1189 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

I'm not clear at all what you're doing there... You shouldn't be plugging any RJ45 related to the apron into any playfield board. That will definitely cause problems if that's what you're doing. Don't you have the instructions that we sent out with the unit? RJ45 for AUX 8 goes to Alien Annunciator Port 8. RJ45 for AUX 1 goes to Alien Annunciator Port 1. If any RJ45 cable from the mod is going to any playfield board or any other part of the original hardware, that is a major problem.

The only instructions I received with my unit was piece of paper with a link to a YouTube video...and some of that video was a bit unclear...I think the video should have been separated into those with beacons and those without. I can figure it out easy enough but for some, maybe not.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 160.00
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FtrMech.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-apron-amp-lighting-mod?tu=FtrMech and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.