(Topic ID: 297340)

Pinball Brothers & Heighway Alien Apron & Backbox Mod!!!!!!!

By Red_Devils

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,649 posts
  • 163 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by digitaldocc
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20231218_194427 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231020_222247_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231020_184833_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-03 at 18.20.51 (resized).jpg
Software1 (resized).JPG
Software 2 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7204 (resized).png
Capture (resized).JPG
20230323_080940 (resized).jpg
strobe (resized).JPG
Pic6 (resized).jpg
pic 9 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dee-Bow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#73 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I'd rather have this apron than invisiglass and a couple of upgrades which really arent't worth much.
If the factory apron wasn't so bad and cheap looking, I may feel otherwise.

Zero chance they use his apron. Even Stern uses cheap plastic aprons.. it is what it is.

#75 2 years ago

That bad?! Yikes! Well, luckily you got options.. not cheap options! But definitely a huge upgrade! MK's looks awesome as well..

2 months later
#185 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I’m still in. Interactive, somewhat interactive, or static, I’m still in.

Not being interactive definitely dilutes the awesomeness. Also, what makes the OP sure that the PB's didn't have their's in production before whomever is making this mod? Just wondering his time-line?

4 months later
#580 2 years ago

Did brad do electronics (like in his videos) on this mod?! And nobody insisted on killing themselves or blowing shit up? Strong work! And to think just 9 months ago you guys were arguing like children about stealing each other's pictures of boats! Go little rock stars!

#583 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

As for you, Dee-Bow ... I hope you eventually become as excited about this mod as we are.
[quoted image]

This mod is not for me, seems like it floods out the bottom half of the playfield with the bright LEDs in there. (Same with pinstadiums on others.) But as long as you enjoy working on it, and the early adopters all enjoy it... then that's all that matters. Good luck with it. *also, nothing personal and i was sincere when i mentioned you guys were not even acquainted a few months ago and now taking on a project of this stature!

#590 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

if this mod isn't for you then why bother posting in this thread? I am genuinely intrigued.

I've been in on this game since 2016. I can't wait to somehow finally own one. This mod is intriguing to me for a number of reasons. The original designer backed out in fear of legal reasons & you guys marched on without him. Do you not fear Fox or PB coming at ya for copying infringement? Or has that been properly dealt with? I also wonder if PB is going to honor their stellar warranty service if they know this is on the game, considering you have tampered with the wiring.. man, i don't want to sound like a debbie downer! But that's what i wonder about!(i'm just a drywallogist!) I should definitely find something better to worry about. But lots of good people have sent you guys some serious amount of $$$ if you add up that list! hope it works out for all of them!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
4 months later
#880 1 year ago

Post #8355

4bcad0427e1f3116018973d67026e82205feee1e (resized).jpg4bcad0427e1f3116018973d67026e82205feee1e (resized).jpg
1 month later
4 months later
#1425 1 year ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I have also contacted this week in pinball asking them to change the creators from what they have listed to Evolution Mods LLC, the creators they are listing is for the old original apron that was for the old Heighway machine and this is a far superior product with much more interaction.

I thought you guys just used Fausts design of the apron & then added your own software and possibly made some changes to fit PB's cabinet.

Quoted from Red_Devils:

As stated in the club forum. EightBallTexas and myself had a zoom call with Faust about the apron he designed for the original Heighway Alien, we were gauging his interest if he would like to revise the design so the apron would work for the Pinball Brothers machine. Well we are happy to report at the end of the call he said he would be interested in revising this fantastic work of art. For him to take this on we would need at least 20 and no more than 25 for the initial batch of aprons. Here's the link to the post about the original run...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-apron-amp-lighting-mod-
He is sending me one apron so that we can determine measurements and fit on the new machine, this will be a work in progress and we will update on here. If you would like to be in on this work of art, post here or PM and I will put you on the list. This will not require you to send in your existing apron he will be sending the whole apron with the lighting and it should be easy plug and play. The cost is going to be around $745 shipped to the continental US. Once we start rolling on these I will be asking for $100 deposit to secure your place on the list. I know it's not cheap but art rarely is Here's a few pics of the original one he created
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#1427 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

Faust is still involved with the project.

Well (IMO) then it seems fair of the Twippys to give him & vimtoman the designer credit and a bit of an overstatement on red devils part to claim your mod is a far superior design. Also, i believe there was already another apron mod for Alien designed before their's ever came out. I do agree that your mod looks better than the original design! I can't believe how little effort goes into the factory aprons.

#1429 1 year ago

All good brando! Maybe not directly tied into your software version but i believe Vimtoman designed the software on the version you copied. Many similarities in the modes/effects as well.

Quoted from brado426:

I wouldn't worry about anyone not getting credit for their work. Everyone who worked on this is compensated fairly and well aware of the Twippys situation. Vintoman is not involved. Thanks for caring though.

#1481 1 year ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

we were gauging his interest if he would like to revise the design so the apron would work for the Pinball Brothers machine. -
He is sending me one apron so that we can determine measurements and fit on the new machine, this will be a work in progress and we will update on here.

Quoted from brado426:

Your comments make it clear that you have no idea what you're talking about because nothing was copied.

Nothing was copied? Really? C'mon brando.. read the first post in this thread. Like I said, nicer than the factory apron, but definitely a re-hash of an existing mod. (Not trolling- just stating the facts)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 12.95
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dee-Bow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-apron-amp-lighting-mod?tu=Dee-Bow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.