(Topic ID: 297340)

Pinball Brothers & Heighway Alien Apron & Backbox Mod!!!!!!!

By Red_Devils

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,649 posts
  • 163 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by digitaldocc
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20231218_194427 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231020_222247_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231020_184833_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-03 at 18.20.51 (resized).jpg
Software1 (resized).JPG
Software 2 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7204 (resized).png
Capture (resized).JPG
20230323_080940 (resized).jpg
strobe (resized).JPG
Pic6 (resized).jpg
pic 9 (resized).jpg
There are 1,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 33.
#201 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Well I have an update and it's not a good one I heard back from the designer and here is an excerpt from his email to me...
"Apparently my mod is a trademark infringement on the ALIEN word/logo which is registered/owned by Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation and any commercial use without purchasing a license agreement this is not allowed."
He is also going so far as to pull all the YouTube video from the original Heighway version he created because of this threat.
He also stated that the people helping him with the design and electronics have backed out for fear of being sued. It looks like Pinball Brothers have got what they wanted, no competition on the aprons. This really sucks and kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth with PB, it sure sounds like he received a cease and desist letter and "somebody" brought it to light with them.
I want to thank all you guys who wanted in on this amazing mod and it is a sad day that we aren't going to be able to see this on our machines.
Peace out guys.
Red_Devils out...

Nooooooo! So freaking bummed! I'd love one without the logo then. The acid burns are so amazing!

#202 2 years ago

Can't say it was due to this, but I had a feeling once they went to PB to try to integrate it was going to be a problem.

#203 2 years ago

If this mod apron competes with their LV package (PB apron), I get it. PB loses value in selling their LV machine if this goes forward.

Others want the integrated topper lights too. But again I don’t fault PB for not coding in for SV owners as this would again affect LV sales.

I guess in the end if these sting - sell SV and get a LV.

(And I am on the mod Apron list too…)

#204 2 years ago

No comment!!!

#205 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Well I have an update and it's not a good one I heard back from the designer and here is an excerpt from his email to me...
"Apparently my mod is a trademark infringement on the ALIEN word/logo which is registered/owned by Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation and any commercial use without purchasing a license agreement this is not allowed."
He is also going so far as to pull all the YouTube video from the original Heighway version he created because of this threat.
He also stated that the people helping him with the design and electronics have backed out for fear of being sued. It looks like Pinball Brothers have got what they wanted, no competition on the aprons. This really sucks and kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth with PB, it sure sounds like he received a cease and desist letter and "somebody" brought it to light with them.
I want to thank all you guys who wanted in on this amazing mod and it is a sad day that we aren't going to be able to see this on our machines.
Peace out guys.
Red_Devils out...

If it's just the word/logo ALIEN, why not just dump it and keep the rest?

Seems silly to scrap the whole project over that but I guess that's just me.

#206 2 years ago
Quoted from benime:

If it's just the word/logo ALIEN, why not just dump it and keep the rest?
Seems silly to scrap the whole project over that but I guess that's just me.

There's ways around all of that. If they were truly interested in making it, they could. I think thew wind went of the sails when PB decided to not work with them on integration.

#207 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Peace out guys.
Red_Devils out...

This pisses me off. For many reasons.
Is PB going to use this apron or a variation of it or did they just narc on the designer so we couldn't or anyone now can't do it?

A few questions:
Did Heighway get these aprons (or similar) on any of their models - production or aftermarket?

Are any of these going on current PB models like the LV? Does PB have any fair use of this?

If the answers of the above are mostly no.....

My guess is the designer and a few selected will
have the special apron and the rest well....I guess not.
This is sad news.

Red_Devils thanks for your work. Can you please keep us updated if anything changes or any news is forthcoming?

#208 2 years ago

I think you will see that the LV will have the almost same design. Funny thing is that this apron was far before the LV ever came to excist , what makes me believe that PB stole the design of the original maker and now they are saying they made it or it’s all off a sudden an licence issue......

I smell bullshit over at PB

#209 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

I think you will see that the LV will have the almost same design. Funny thing is that this apron was far before the LV ever came to excist , what makes me believe that PB stole the design of the original maker and now they are saying they made it or it’s all off a sudden an licence issue......

no comment.

#210 2 years ago
#211 2 years ago

Now I am even more thankful for Vintomans motion tracker mod. It's the single greatest mod I have ever had on my pins. Hudson!!! Get over here....

#212 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

I do find it interesting that after all this time they have yet to show a full real LV. Only mockups...but I really don't think they are trying to do anything nefarious. While they may have been influenced by the design, I doubt they stole it, it was already a known entity before the remakes. If so...that's bad news and will likely turn the community against them.

#213 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:I do find it interesting that after all this time they have yet to show a full real LV. Only mockups...but I really don't think they are trying to do anything nefarious. While they may have been influenced by the design, I doubt they stole it, it was already a known entity before the remakes. If so...that's bad news and will likely turn the community against them.

So sloppy how they are presenting this. Worst marketing ever. All the excitement is disappearing for me. Can you imagine in our real world and jobs if we did 10% of what is happening. So bizarre us loyal pinheads , we are so patient and forgiving.

How freaking hard is it to post a one liner somewhere showing something or even stating appreciation for the pre-orders. 11k commitment and we have to beg for info and or a picture or video...

Feeling sour, salty and sad on our apron project.

Rant over now going for a hike.

#214 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

So sloppy how they are presenting this. Worst marketing ever. All the excitement is disappearing for me. Can you imagine in our real world and jobs if we did 10% of what is happening. So bizarre us loyal pinheads , we are so patient and forgiving.
How freaking hard is it to post a one liner somewhere showing something or even stating appreciation for the pre-orders. 11k commitment and we have to beg for info and or a picture or video...
Feeling sour, salty and sad on our apron project.
Rant over now going for a hike.

You will be all good again when they release pictures! Amazing- today in the dumps tomorrow on the mountain. It’s called the pinball ride….

#215 2 years ago

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave and I had a call with designers.. We are moving ahead. The hardware is all complete and looks awesome. I will get the apron in about 2 weeks to have in hand and work on our next hurdle. ( Anyone going to Houston show I will have one to show)

We are needing help on the electronics side of this....So please DM me or Dave and let's see if we can out put our heads together. I have the schematics of what we need with a wish list of items and must have list. Let's start with the basics we all want and go from there to enhance it over time.

No BS with copyright, lets do this.

cpr9999 you called it, my day is getting better. LOL.

Once we have a few responses I will set up a zoom call with all of us to walk thru it with designers.

#216 2 years ago

Here is a picture of the apron mounted on a SV.

We also have a source for the plaque from the original to place it in top left corner to fill the space.

It completes the look to perfection.

IMG-20211030-WA0000_7248388968380 (resized).jpgIMG-20211030-WA0000_7248388968380 (resized).jpg
#217 2 years ago

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dave and I had a call with designers.. We are moving ahead. The hardware is all complete and looks awesome. I will get the apron in about 2 weeks to have in hand and work on our next hurdle. ( Anyone going to Houston show I will have one to show)
We are needing help on the electronics side of this....So please DM me or Dave and let's see if we can out put our heads together. I have the schematics of what we need with a wish list of items and must have list. Let's start with the basics we all want and go from there to enhance it over time.
Once we have a few responses I will set up a zoom call with all of us to walk thru it with designers.

What electronically is actually needed? What does it do?

#218 2 years ago

Here is a picture of the apron mounted on a SV.
We also have a source for the plaque from the original to place it in top left corner to fill the space.
It completes the look to perfection.[quoted image]

See things already looking up

#219 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

See things already looking up

As the brothers said in Trading Places.

We Are Back!!!!

#220 2 years ago

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!

When will you be in Houston? I have an Alien and I am going to the show.

#221 2 years ago

Just realized looking at your picture, was there going to be a modification to allow for the tracker mod? Doesn't look like it would fit there as it is.

#222 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Just realized looking at your picture, was there going to be a modification to allow for the tracker mod? Doesn't look like it would fit there as it is.

Good question since I have the tracker already installed in mine.

#223 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

When will you be in Houston? I have an Alien and I am going to the show.

For the pinball show coming in on friday.

#224 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yes......

Our electronics folks bailed on us.. We are now needing help on this side of the pond to fire this baby up.

#225 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Good question since I have the tracker already installed in mine.

Look closer at the picture guys, the spot is there to mount the tracker mod, there's no need for the plate that Vimtoman sent, it just sits right on the apron cut out.

#226 2 years ago

Be cool to have it customized with your last name on there also somehow..Dog tag or on the Badge.

#228 2 years ago

hell yes. Im still down for one.

#229 2 years ago

Yes the tracker is placed on the apron. Plug and play

62849B64-563B-4002-B4F9-883C7206A973 (resized).jpeg62849B64-563B-4002-B4F9-883C7206A973 (resized).jpeg
#230 2 years ago

This is good news. Let me know if I can help in some capacity. I am not a programmer though.
I am glad we are pushing forward. This needs to be made.

#231 2 years ago

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES!!! DO NOT TAKE ME OFF THIS LIST!!

#232 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

YES!!! DO NOT TAKE ME OFF THIS LIST!!

no way brah....the list is almost at 75 people. I think when we are ready we will have about 60 happy alien apron owners.

#233 2 years ago

no way brah....the list is almost at 75 people. I think when we are ready we will have about 60 happy alien apron owners.

Outstanding!! I was destroyed when I heard this project wasn't going to be available for SV owners. Thanks so much for your perseverance!

#234 2 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Outstanding!! I was destroyed when I heard this project wasn't going to be available for SV owners. Thanks so much for your perseverance!

yes sir we are back and stronger.

#235 2 years ago

MORE GREAT NEWS!!!!!!
Looks like we have been successful in recruiting a fellow pinsider to help with the electronics side of the mod. Things are starting to look up.
Stay tuned for more updates.

#236 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

MORE GREAT NEWS!!!!!!
Looks like we have been successful in recruiting a fellow pinsider to help with the electronics side of the mod. Things are starting to look up.
Stay tuned for more updates.

life is good in our first world problems...lol

#237 2 years ago

You still have the original list of buyers, right?
Thanks so much to all involved.

#238 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

You still have the original list of buyers, right?

Yes Sir

#239 2 years ago

awesome. Thanks for all working on this project.

#240 2 years ago

We are working hard on all the electronics for the apron.

You guys are going to be blown away with all the extras we are adding to the board.

Update on all of it soon.

#241 2 years ago

We are working hard on all the electronics for the apron.
You guys are going to be blown away with all the extras we are adding to the board.
Update on all of it soon.

Will it be ready to install on my machine at Houston show? lol

#242 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Will it be ready to install on my machine at Houston show? lol

I wish.

Parts all been ordered.

Many rounds back and forth on enhancements and options . We will post a list of all soon.

I am learning a lot in this process.

This will truly be a stunning MOD.

#243 2 years ago

Hi, will the LIMITED EDITION be removed from this batch?
I’m still in no matter what.

#244 2 years ago
Quoted from DannyGraver:

Hi, will the LIMITED EDITION be removed from this batch?
I’m still in no matter what.

I hope I live long enough to see an LV owner remove the stock apron and replace it with this awesomeness

#245 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

I hope I live long enough to see an LV owner remove the stock apron and replace it with this awesomeness

You will see it live from my new room in my house....I am thinking to invite CNN. haha.

Anyone in the Dallas area , lets have a party.

#246 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Why is that?

#247 2 years ago

Honestly, the stock SV apron isn't that bad when compared to other machines. It at least has some theming going on. not just a blank slate with cards on it. But this machine deserves the extra flare.

#248 2 years ago

Any chance the programmers for the apron can take a stab at the beacons?

#249 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Any chance the programmers for the apron can take a stab at the beacons?

An Apron/Beacon package deal would be awesome!

#250 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

An Apron/Beacon package deal would be awesome!

Hmmm......no comment as of today.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 160.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 1,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-apron-amp-lighting-mod/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.