(Topic ID: 297340)

Pinball Brothers & Heighway Alien Apron & Backbox Mod!!!!!!!

By Red_Devils

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,649 posts
  • 163 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by digitaldocc
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20231218_194427 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231020_222247_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231020_184833_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-03 at 18.20.51 (resized).jpg
Software1 (resized).JPG
Software 2 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7204 (resized).png
Capture (resized).JPG
20230323_080940 (resized).jpg
strobe (resized).JPG
Pic6 (resized).jpg
pic 9 (resized).jpg
There are 1,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 33.
#151 2 years ago

We did it, all 50 spots are filled.

Once we get down the road a little and start asking for deposits, anyone that drops off we can create a back up .

If 10% bail then that's 5 spots open. I hope it's not much more.

Have a great weekend everyone.

ROUND ONE RESERVATION LIST

1 Red_Devils
2 EightBall
3 Zablon
4 joetechbob
5 RussG
6 Crispin
7 cpr9999
8 Knx873
9 zach
10 zach
11 zach
12 zach
13 zach
14 cgpinhead
15 cgpinhead
16 c818919taylor
17 flipper-Happy
18 Llabnip1972
19 Munsters
20 johnboyre
21 Danny Graver
22 Sleepless
23 Elcid95
24 Kciaccio
25 Chopper 36

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

ROUND 2 RESERVATION LIST

1) wvpinball
2) Captchaos
3) djsoup
4) mikehogue
5) Cloud9
6) McDoom
7) BozoTheClown
8) S000m
9) Eagle 14
10) Delt31
11) Ultimategameroom
12) Baggerman
13) Batedogg
14) Dpeck3
15) Crile1
16) Tsskinne
17) megaladon
18) DVDA
19) bigdaddy07
20) Straker.
21) Asylum
22) bmegar
23) calprog
24) Racerx61
25) Mojojedi

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

DROP OUT -BACK UP LIST

1) Gooch
2) Benime
3) Monkfe
4)
5)

#152 2 years ago

If somebody bails put me on the list, please.

#153 2 years ago
Quoted from Gooch:

If somebody bails put me on the list, please.

You go it. Your first on the back of of the back up. Ha.

#154 2 years ago

Please also put me on the backup list for an apron.

#155 2 years ago
Quoted from benime:

Please also put me on the backup list for an apron.

Done.

#156 2 years ago

Hit me up on the backup list, as well!

#157 2 years ago

Should have an update here soon...sounds like the mod builder got a machine couple days ago.

#158 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Should have an update here soon...sounds like the mod builder got a machine couple days ago.

yeah and a pretty one...haha

#159 2 years ago

DROP OUT -BACK UP LIST

1) Gooch
2) Benime
3) Monkfe
4) Paddy-O
5) Utesichiban

#160 2 years ago

If anyone bails, put ne on the list as well.

#161 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

If anyone bails, put ne on the list as well.

added

#162 2 years ago

Hoping by some miracle Pinball Bros includes this apron or one similar to it on the LV. Not holding my breath, though.

#163 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Hoping by some miracle Pinball Bros includes this apron or one similar to it on the LV. Not holding my breath, though.

I doubt it as they are helping us make the mod one....would be sneaky if they did do one from the excitement we generated on the mod.

What can 3k more be???? we shall see soon.

#164 2 years ago

PB announced the LV features, and referenced a LV apron? Same one we are discussing here?

#165 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

I doubt it as they are helping us make the mod one....would be sneaky if they did do one from the excitement we generated on the mod.
What can 3k more be???? we shall see soon.

What's odd though is they are doing a custom apron...

But (if it's an actual pic) it's not the one here.

#166 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

What's odd though is they are doing a custom apron...
But (if it's an actual pic) it's not the one here.

No that pic looks boring......You can keep the limited badge..

#167 2 years ago

Instead of the motion tracker mod; what kind of screen can fit and be tied in? Size of that dimension?

#168 2 years ago

any updates on the apron, test fitting to PB connections and such? We moving right along?

1 week later
#169 2 years ago

Well guys I have an update...

I have just heard from Cato at Pinball brothers, as he promised he took the idea to the team for the apron to be interactive with the game and the team rejected the idea. The reason was that our apron mod will compete against what they have for the LV. So it appears that the idea for our apron has been taken by Pinball Brothers and now pitched as their own idea to be incorporated into the LV.

So where does that leave us?
I have spoken to the designer and he said he will wait to see what they have decided to implement to the LV and then he can take it and see if he can make an "upgraded" version, That means probably just the metal part with the plate, a lighted logo and the acid holes and the lighting made by PB could then be transferred to the new apron. If PB also takes over the acid holes etc. (which we doubt; too much work) or if their apron is much nicer, we can drop the project.

I'm sorry for the bad news

We will keep the list open and now it's a wait and see game to when they actually show a finished game and what options they have gone with. I will update the thread as soon as we have more news to share.

Thanks guys.

#170 2 years ago

It seems like they have already taken the idea and put it on the Queen pin. Take a look at the apron in this picture

f54a082104b5d0c1961a6ec75c0af1fd3b13e118 (resized).jpgf54a082104b5d0c1961a6ec75c0af1fd3b13e118 (resized).jpg
#171 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I have just heard from Cato at Pinball brothers, as he promised he took the idea to the team for the apron to be interactive with the game and the team rejected the idea. The reason was that our apron mod will compete against what they have for the LV. So it appears that the idea for our apron has been taken by Pinball Brothers and now pitched as their own idea to be incorporated into the LV.
I have spoken to the designer and he said he will wait to see what they have decided to implement to the LV and then he can take it and see if he can make an "upgraded" version, That means probably just the metal part with the plate, a lighted logo and the acid holes and the lighting made by PB could then be transferred to the new apron. If PB also takes over the acid holes etc. (which we doubt; too much work) or if their apron is much nicer, we can drop the project.
We will keep the list open and now it's a wait and see game to when they actually show a finished game and what options they have gone with. I will update the thread as soon as we have more news to share.
Thanks guys.

Bummer. Bit of a bad look for PB IMHO.

#172 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Thanks guys.

well then i think the hopes of SV owners ever going to see Beacons, Lit side art, etc are now dashed? Thinking that stuff will all be LV exclusive. Sucks big time. oh well. now i can give the wife the 750 to lift her truck now. My loss her gain.

#173 2 years ago

I thought the integration was just a bonus, but wasn't required or on the original version?

#174 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Bummer. Bit of a bad look for PB IMHO.

Quoted from Red_Devils:

Thanks guys.

perhaps it can be tied to the servo that drives the alien head similar to a trigger for pinstadiums.. dont know what can be done for Weapon Ready light though.. this sucks

#175 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

well then i think the hopes of SV owners ever going to see Beacons, Lit side art, etc are now dashed? Thinking that stuff will all be LV exclusive. Sucks big time. oh well. now i can give the wife the 750 to lift her truck now. My loss her gain.

PB needs to make these things exclusive to LV owners or why would anyone buy a LV?

#176 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

if their apron is much nicer, we can drop the project.

Why would this matter? Make the apron - there are plenty of us that want it for the SV. Who cares what they do for the LV, we can't get that for the SV so it doesn't matter.

Make it... we will buy.

#177 2 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Why would this matter? Make the apron - there are plenty of us that want it for the SV. Who cares what they do for the LV, we can't get that for the SV so it doesn't matter.
Make it... we will buy.

Agreed. Cancelled my LV and my SV is coming shortly...

#178 2 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Make it... we will buy.

This

#179 2 years ago

I too am a bit...annoyed about the turn of events. They stated on video that things would be available for the SV...and they make that a 'shaker' of all things? SMH. That LV isn't worth the money as the extras are basic junk anyone can get overall. I think PB screwed themselves, especially if they think the apron on it is an actual selling point. If I can't get an apron, or beacons, so be it. I can wire something up or do without. It's all just bling anyway, but this sours me on the company in the future. It was not smart for them to attempt the multi tier cash grabs that the other makers are doing on their first go.

#180 2 years ago

I've seen this apron in person. Trust me, it will blow whatever pb puts on the lv away. I say make it for the SV owners and just charge more because of the limited run. That apron is worth way more than 750 imo.

#181 2 years ago

It's worth 1000 as it sits on the old heighway models

#182 2 years ago

Guys, Thank you for all your heartfelt comments. We really thought we could get this mod to be interactive with the machine. I will take your comments up with the designer and see what he wants to do. If you really don't mind the apron working on the same principle as the Heighway version that is it would be a timed mode for the strobe effect in Ambush multiball then we can see what he says. We can wait and see what they are going to do with the LV or I can ask him to see if he'd be open to make it like the old version. Because who knows how long it will be before they show an actual LV machine.
I will keep you updated.
Thanks again.

#183 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Guys, Thank you for all your heartfelt comments. We really thought we could get this mod to be interactive with the machine. I will take your comments up with the designer and see what he wants to do. If you really don't mind the apron working on the same principle as the Heighway version that is it would be a timed mode for the strobe effect in Ambush multiball then we can see what he says. We can wait and see what they are going to do with the LV or I can ask him to see if he'd be open to make it like the old version. Because who knows how long it will be before they show an actual LV machine.
I will keep you updated
Thanks again.

good stuff.... I am staying on the list! if anyone bails, move me up to phase 1!! Whoop

#184 2 years ago

I’m still in. Interactive, somewhat interactive, or static, I’m still in.

#185 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I’m still in. Interactive, somewhat interactive, or static, I’m still in.

Not being interactive definitely dilutes the awesomeness. Also, what makes the OP sure that the PB's didn't have their's in production before whomever is making this mod? Just wondering his time-line?

#186 2 years ago

To say I am irked by theft (and then original backers and supporters of an independent idea get tossed) is an understatement.
Why can't this idea be implemented still?
Move forward with it please. The heck with what corporate wants to do. We force them to work with us. This isn't right.

#187 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

To say I am irked by theft (and then original backers and supporters of an independent idea get tossed) is an understatement.
Why can't this idea be implemented still?
Move forward with it please. The heck with what corporate wants to do. We force them to work with us. This isn't right.

When the LV version is released, reverse engineer the boards, use same coding for this version. Why not use the chinaware tactic on it.

#188 2 years ago

Any LV buyers who did the $1400 deposit got a email from CT yet ? I wonder when they will ask for the payment.

#189 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

When the LV version is released, reverse engineer the boards, use same coding for this version. Why not use the chinaware tactic on it.

From speaking with the designer that is what he wants to see, is how they have incorporated it and then see if he can piggy-back on it with the custom apron to make it interactive.

As far as the snarky comment by Dee-Bow goes, he made this design for the original Heighway version so the timing was way before PB brought out their version. I don't know why you are even posting here as you don't have a machine or one on order, so I guess you're just trolling

#190 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

From speaking with the designer that is what he wants to see, is how they have incorporated it and then see if he can piggy-back on it with the custom apron to make it interactive.
As far as the snarky comment by Dee-Bow goes, he made this design for the original Heighway version so the timing was way before PB brought out their version. I don't know why you are even posting here as you don't have a machine or one on order, so I guess you're just trolling

Bored in the Basement.

#191 2 years ago

This is exactly what the designer should do I hope.

#192 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

This is exactly what the designer should do I hope.

I hope x 2

#193 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Thats the truth in regards to the mod being in existence for awhile for sure. I was going to say the same thing this morning but I didn't want to poke the bear. Some people's children aye Chappie?

#194 2 years ago

Bored in the Basement.

Who's basement?

#195 2 years ago

Bored in the Basement.

You better not be aboot to say moms basement

#196 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

You better not be aboot to say moms basement

yes moms basement and free rent. Mom will you make me a chicken pot pie....haha....name the movie.

#197 2 years ago

I will definitely buy the apron regardless of interaction or not so I hope the designer doesn't can the project..

Has anyone done a project for the topper yet?

#198 2 years ago
Quoted from s000m:

I will definitely buy the apron regardless of interaction or not so I hope the designer doesn't can the project..
Has anyone done a project for the topper yet?

not that I know on topper...buy yes we still want the apron.

#199 2 years ago

Any news on this or progress?
Are we going to try and push forward regardless?

2 weeks later
#200 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

Any news on this or progress?

Well I have an update and it's not a good one I heard back from the designer and here is an excerpt from his email to me...

"Apparently my mod is a trademark infringement on the ALIEN word/logo which is registered/owned by Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation and any commercial use without purchasing a license agreement this is not allowed."
He is also going so far as to pull all the YouTube video from the original Heighway version he created because of this threat.

He also stated that the people helping him with the design and electronics have backed out for fear of being sued. It looks like Pinball Brothers have got what they wanted, no competition on the aprons. This really sucks and kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth with PB, it sure sounds like he received a cease and desist letter and "somebody" brought it to light with them.

I want to thank all you guys who wanted in on this amazing mod and it is a sad day that we aren't going to be able to see this on our machines.
Peace out guys.
Red_Devils out...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 160.00
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-apron-amp-lighting-mod/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.