(Topic ID: 297340)

Pinball Brothers & Heighway Alien Apron & Backbox Mod!!!!!!!

By Red_Devils

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,649 posts
  • 163 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by digitaldocc
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20231218_194427 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231020_222247_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231020_184833_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-03 at 18.20.51 (resized).jpg
Software1 (resized).JPG
Software 2 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7204 (resized).png
Capture (resized).JPG
20230323_080940 (resized).jpg
strobe (resized).JPG
Pic6 (resized).jpg
pic 9 (resized).jpg
There are 1,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 33.
#1551 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

So just got my apron installed. Awesome effect but I would like to have the strobing not as fast. Am I able to change that with the stock (modded) apron (and if so how) or do I need that additional board that’s being sold?

You can change it. Just need to download program from their website and hook your pc into the apron port. The second half of the install video or their website covers everything.

#1552 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

^^ They’ve been sold out for a while.

They are ramping up for another big order I believe.

#1553 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

They are ramping up for another big order I believe.

Stay tuned for some exciting news to be unveiled at Texas Pinball Festival

#1554 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

So just got my apron installed. Awesome effect but I would like to have the strobing not as fast. Am I able to change that with the stock (modded) apron (and if so how) or do I need that additional board that’s being sold?

Yes as luckymoey states, everything is configurable, go to our website and download the app.
https://www.evolutionmodsllc.com/support

strobe (resized).JPGstrobe (resized).JPG
#1555 1 year ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Stay tuned for some exciting news to be unveiled at Texas Pinball Festival

Cool, I’ll be there!

#1556 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Contact Brado here or look in box for info to download the app.. connect app to apron and adjust your speed as you see fit..no extra board for this one.

#1557 1 year ago

For what it’s worth I would be in for an apron+beacons if you do another run of them.

#1558 1 year ago

Please add me to the list for the apron, beacon, backbox, and whatever else you guys come up with for a Alien LV!

#1559 1 year ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

The only instructions I received with my unit was piece of paper with a link to a YouTube video...and some of that video was a bit unclear...I think the video should have been separated into those with beacons and those without. I can figure it out easy enough but for some, maybe not.

Installing mine now, and the video tutorial is really bad..very unclear and not methodical...This is costing me time and energy because of it. BTW, scratched a tad of my playfield because the apron section didn't say there was a lance that goes into the hole, until half the video was going..could you guys PLEASE MAKE A NEW VIDEO that's just straight forward, and not shakey? THANKS!!!

#1560 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Installing mine now, and the video tutorial is really bad..very unclear and not methodical...This is costing me time and energy because of it.

Not sure what the problem is you're having, but you can look at the documentation if the video isn't up to your standards.

https://www.evolutionmodsllc.com/documentation

#1561 1 year ago

There’s step by step written instructions here, the video is more of a follow up and overview vs actual guide!

Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Installing mine now, and the video tutorial is really bad..very unclear and not methodical...This is costing me time and energy because of it.

#1562 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

Not sure what the problem is you're having, but you can look at the documentation if the video isn't up to your standards.
https://www.evolutionmodsllc.com/documentation

my standards? It's a simple thing to document on video, if thought out beforehand..

#1563 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

There’s step by step written instructions here, the video is more of a follow up and overview vs actual guide!

thank you, i will follow that.

#1564 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

my standards? It's a simple thing to document on video, if thought out beforehand..

If you need additional assistance with your install, please be sure to use our website form. That will direct your questions to the right person.

https://www.evolutionmodsllc.com/contact

#1565 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Installing mine now, and the video tutorial is really bad..very unclear and not methodical...This is costing me time and energy because of it. BTW, scratched a tad of my playfield because the apron section didn't say there was a lance that goes into the hole, until half the video was going..could you guys PLEASE MAKE A NEW VIDEO that's just straight forward, and not shakey? THANKS!!!

Well I'm really sorry that we failed to make a more professional video that is up to your standards. This is a hobby for us and not our full time job! If you feel that you could have done a better job by all means go for it to help out other people that have yet to install it. Oh that's right there aren't more people because over 100 have installed it without coming on to the forum and whining about it instead of contacting the creators and asking for assistance like any normal person would do. If it's too much for your skill set we would be happy to refund your money if you want to return it.

#1566 1 year ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Well I'm really sorry that we failed to make a more professional video that is up to your standards. This is a hobby for us and not our full time job! If you feel that you could have done a better job by all means go for it to help out other people that have yet to install it. Oh that's right there aren't more people because over 100 have installed it without coming on to the forum and whining about it instead of contacting the creators and asking for assistance like any normal person would do. If it's too much for your skill set we would be happy to refund your money if you want to return it.

Hey man, I was being honest. I would have made a good video to go step by step, but you just soured the pot by whining at my whining. I’ll install it and move on with my life. Thanks for the synical response.

#1567 1 year ago

Btw took 2 months to get this when there were ‘3 in stock’. Put that in your pipe. EDIT: I sent $1200 to you, for you to shit on me...that's really 'pro'.

#1568 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Btw took 2 months to get this when there were ‘3 in stock’. Put that in your pipe. EDIT: I sent $1200 to you, for you to shit on me...that's really 'pro'.

Like he said... return it and get a refund. Your attitude is horrible and quite frankly, I have no interest in supporting you. Return it. I've worked with other customers who actually had problems and none of them behaved as you are behaving. In fact, 100% of other customers were totally cool and understanding.

#1569 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

Like he said... return it and get a refund. Your attitude is horrible and quite frankly, I have no interest in supporting you. Return it. I've worked with other customers who actually had problems and none of them behaved as you are behaving. In fact, 100% of other customers were totally cool and understanding.

what's my attitude? Is this the 'reach around club'? Did you and everyone else not see what RED DEVIL posted? He blantely trashed a customer (me) because I lamed his video tutorial..I'm not returning anything (although I should out of morality). I didn't exclaim anything other than the video, not the product..are you guys on drugs?? WTF did I do, kick your dog? No, I lamed your video, and you INSULTED ME in a lengthy paragraph. ..Why the weird????? v e r y b i z a r r e ..not doing any biz with you guys EVER AGAIN...and this is not just a hobby if you have a f$*% LLC.

#1570 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

not doing any biz with you guys EVER AGAIN

The feeling is mutual there. At least we agree on something.

The problem has nothing to do with you insulting the video... it is that you are already publicly whining and complaining about your time being wasted and you haven't even experienced any real problem. I can't imagine how you'd behave if you experienced an actual problem that took some time to troubleshoot. If you contacted us privately about your beef with the video, I doubt we'd be in this unfortunate situation.

When I saw you whining about an issue in another forum that you knew already had a software fix available, I actually thought, "Sheesh, I'm glad I don't have to support this guy!" Flash forward to a couple days later and I'm expected to support someone with this attitude? It is a lose-lose situation for us. No matter what we do, customers like yourself are never happy.

As a side-note: There are plenty of LLC's that are just hobbies, so I don't know what you're talking about there. We do this for the fun of it, therefore, our tolerance level for attitudes such as yours is pretty low.

Good luck! And enjoy the apron!

#1571 1 year ago

Alien Annunciator Config Tool and Firmware 2.7.40 is released.
https://www.evolutionmodsllc.com/software-and-firmware

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

The big issue fixed is a long-standing issue where there could be a problem connecting to the apron via USB if the pinball machine is turned on. Additionally, if USB connectivity was lost and reconnected, it could cause the apron to hang and require a reset. These connectivity issues existed in all previous versions of the config tool. These fixes plus more are available in version 2.7.40.

Please let us know via our support form (https://www.evolutionmodsllc.com/contact) if you experience any issues with this update and we will try to get those issues resolved fast.

Thanks to digitaldocc for reporting the USB connectivity issue.

3 weeks later
#1572 1 year ago

If they make another run I would like one as well thanks , looks great.

#1573 1 year ago

!!!!TEXAS PINBALL FESTIVAL UPDATE!!!!!!
We are making a small limited run of 50 "LIMITED EDITION" aprons! In addition to the features on the Standard version the Limited Edition features laser cut lettering backlit green also includes a Gold Nostromo name plate that is riveted and includes the add on expansion board for the Xeno jaw integration and the customizable light shows for Sentry Gun and Hypersleep Multiballs. When these are gone we will not be making any more Limited Edition aprons. If there's enough interest we will make more Standard Editions.

So come and visit us in our booth at the Texas Pinball Festival where we will have 7 of these available for immediate purchase, the balance will be shipping in 2-3 weeks. Go to our website at www.Evolutinmodsllc.com for more details.
Also in our booth you will be able to check out our next project and future ideas, we're so excited to show you!

See you at the show!!

20230323_080940 (resized).jpg20230323_080940 (resized).jpg
#1574 1 year ago

Congrats guys, the LE aprons look really nice!

#1575 1 year ago

Count me in for an SV apron if you ever make them again.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1576 1 year ago

Mine is supposed to be here Saturday but I’m out of town for the weekend so I had to hold the package until Monday dang it. Figures I would go out of town when it comes lol. I can’t wait to get this awesome apron! Great job guys looks amazing!

2 weeks later
#1577 1 year ago

Installed the apron mod and beacons and now the right and left EOS switches are not working. Upper flippers work fine but the lower flippers do not. Coils fire in test, switches 49 and 50 do not activate. Any thoughts?

#1578 1 year ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Installed the apron mod and beacons and now the right and left EOS switches are not working. Upper flippers work fine but the lower flippers do not. Coils fire in test, switches 49 and 50 do not activate. Any thoughts?

Check your coil wires at the coil. I constantly have had to resolder them. They break loose real easy.
Check these connections.
And here are some schematic stuff.

https://www.pinballbrothers.com/support/

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

1 week later
#1579 1 year ago

!!!!!!!!NEW PRODUCT UPDATE!!!!!!!

Guys we are excited to announce that the Apron & Beacon package is also now available for Heighway games!

We have began making a small run to give the guys who have the original Heighway version of the game a chance to add this cool apron to their machines. This will be a one time only and a short run so if you want to get in let me know.

#1580 1 year ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

!!!!!!!!NOUVELLE MISE À JOUR DU PRODUIT!!!!!!!!
Les gars, nous sommes ravis d'annoncer que le package Apron & Beacon est désormais également disponible pour les jeux Heighway !
Nous avons commencé à faire une petite course pour donner aux gars qui ont la version originale du jeu Heighway une chance d'ajouter ce tablier cool à leurs machines. Ce sera une seule fois et une courte durée, donc si vous voulez participer, faites le moi savoir.

hello have you also made an installation tutorial for the heighway?

thank you

#1581 1 year ago
Quoted from chucky87:

hello have you also made an installation tutorial for the heighway?
thank you

Hi!

We just posted the documentation for the Heighway version on our site:

2 weeks later
#1582 11 months ago

I have added the backbox mod to my machine and it looks fantastic. We are getting close to having these ready as a kit to purchase. We are just waiting for the final cable design to come from our vendor and then we can have them start production.

#1583 11 months ago

I added the expansion kit for the Xeno jaw, but didn't see any way to specify custom lighting for the Sentry and Hypersleep multiballs.
I have the 2.7.40.1 apron FW installed.
It would be great to be able to program different ALIEN character colors (like the "Fire" but with different colors and flash rates) and beacon flash patterns

#1584 11 months ago
Quoted from pbboy:

I added the expansion kit for the Xeno jaw, but didn't see any way to specify custom lighting for the Sentry and Hypersleep multiballs.
I have the 2.7.40.1 apron FW installed.
It would be great to be able to program different ALIEN character colors (like the "Fire" but with different colors and flash rates) and beacon flash patterns

If the expansion kit for the Xeno Jaw is installed, the Sentry and Hypersleep multiballs will activate automatically. The options are in the Alien Annunciator Config Tool. The documentation explains how to turn on the Xeno Jaw input.

#1585 11 months ago

Alien Annunciator Config Tool 2.7.42 is released.

This release has been upgraded to use .NET7 instead of .NET Core 3.1. This version will provide you with a link to install the .NET 7 runtime if you don't already have it installed. This was necessary because .NET Core 3.1 is end of life and no longer supported.

We also added support for BRG LEDs. The new batch of LED's that were purchased for the Limited Edition aprons ended up being BRG. So if the colors you select in the app do not match the colors on the apron, be sure to go in and set the LED Type options accordingly.

#1586 11 months ago
Quoted from brado426:

Alien Annunciator Config Tool 2.7.42 is released.
This release has been upgraded to use .NET7 instead of .NET Core 3.1. This version will provide you with a link to install the .NET 7 runtime if you don't already have it installed. This was necessary because .NET Core 3.1 is end of life and no longer supported.
We also added support for BRG LEDs. The new batch of LED's that were purchased for the Limited Edition aprons ended up being BRG. So if the colors you select in the app do not match the colors on the apron, be sure to go in and set the LED Type options accordingly.

Cool my Limited Edition Apron Mod install should be completed today What type of beacons were included in Limited Edition Apron set?

#1587 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Cool my Limited Edition Apron Mod install should be completed today What type of beacons were included in Limited Edition Apron set?

All beacons for all production aprons are 8-mode. You'll need to make sure 8-mode is selected for Beacon Type.

2 weeks later
#1588 11 months ago

Hi I was wondering if any buddy figured out how to incorporate the beacons to flash when self destruct and loader battle wizard modes are running. I could just hook up my LV beacons but it would look cooler if the effect could be incorporated into the apron beacons. Maybe we could splice the LV beacon wires into the apron beacons. Let me know if any one has tried this or if maybe this feature will be added at a later date.

#1589 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Hi I was wondering if any buddy figured out how to incorporate the beacons to flash when self destruct and loader battle wizard modes are running. I could just hook up my LV beacons but it would look cooler if the effect could be incorporated into the apron beacons. Maybe we could splice the LV beacon wires into the apron beacons. Let me know if any one has tried this or if maybe this feature will be added at a later date.

Our company is about to release The Pinnunciator and Light-Show Studio, which would definitely allow you to do this on the LV.. it would work on the SV also assuming the beacon output was available. The Pinnunciator will allow you to monitor the LV beacon output AND the apron beacon output and trigger the beacons for both. Plus, you would be able to add a buttload of your own custom lighting effects. The Pinnunciator can do everything the Apron mod controller board can... except you can customize everything without writing a single line of code. I'm planning on using the Pinnunciator to trigger my MINI beacons.. but I've been so busy working on the product itself, that I haven't had a chance to do the fun stuff yet. We estimate the cost of the Pinnunciator board to be around $150.

I'd be willing to work with someone to try to make this work, but I do not have an LV, so I don't even know which outputs are used for the beacons. Even worse, I don't think I've ever made it to self-destruct mode (I suck)... so I haven't been motivated to figure out a solution.

#1590 11 months ago
Quoted from brado426:

Even worse, I don't think I've ever made it to self-destruct mode (I suck)... so I haven't been motivated to figure out a solution.

Hah, I'm just glad to hear that I'm not the only Alien owner that hasn't seen that mode!

2 weeks later
#1591 10 months ago

Think I am picking up an SV this week. Would love to be on any future list for the apron mod. Thank you.

#1592 10 months ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Think I am picking up an SV this week. Would love to be on any future list for the apron mod. Thank you.

We actually have apron mods in stock now. All one needs to do is order one either on this site or in our store at https://www.evolutionmodsllc.com.

#1593 10 months ago
Quoted from brado426:

We actually have apron mods in stock now. All one needs to do is order one either on this site or in our store at https://www.evolutionmodsllc.com.

Thank you for replying. The store only shows the kit for the Heighway version, and the kit for the Limited Version. Will the Limited version work on an SV?

#1594 10 months ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Thank you for replying. The store only shows the kit for the Heighway version, and the kit for the Limited Version. Will the Limited version work on an SV?

Yes sir.... the Limited Edition version works for both Pinball Brothers LV and SV.

2 weeks later
#1595 10 months ago
Quoted from jk2171:

It’s a absolute must have

IMG_7204 (resized).pngIMG_7204 (resized).png
#1596 10 months ago

brado426
I'm looking for a Alien Limited Edition Apron without beacons and expansion kit.
Any chance of having one?

Thanks

#1597 10 months ago
Quoted from ExportZ:

brado426
I'm looking for a Alien Limited Edition Apron without beacons and expansion kit.
Any chance of having one?
Thanks

They Limited Edition apron is only sold as complete kits now. Everything is integrated.
We do not have an apron only option anymore.

2 weeks later
#1598 9 months ago

When the Alien Apron & Lighting Mod was originally released, there was no LV or Beacon support available. The latest firmware provided by PB (0.71) now supports beacons for the SV and LV. This means we can use that trigger to activate our Apron beacons.

We have implemented a nice solution to integrate the official beacon trigger with the Alien Apron & Lighting Mod. This will allow the beacons to trigger in modes such as self-destruct, queen's nest, and end-game. The beacons will now fire exactly as they do on the LV OR in conjunction with the apron beacon behavior. This is being provided as free information. We are not officially supporting this or shipping any physical parts for it.

To do this, you will need to solder a 4-pin header to AUX Board 10 and make a cable that goes from the beacon output port to AUX Board 10.

Maybe a cable will be made for sale at some point in the future, but there are currently no plans for that. If someone would like to make cables for people, the specs are provided in the documentation.

You will also need to get the latest version of the Alien Annunciator Config Tool and update the firmware to 2.7.5.

Instructions for making the cable and the software download are available here: https://www.evolutionmodsllc.com/software-and-firmware

The software now gives you 3 options for beacon triggering:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

- Apron Only will result in the same operation as it has now… (no LV behavior.)
- External Trigger Only will only activate the apron beacons when the game's beacon output voltage is detected (triggering the beacons exactly the same as the LV)
- Apron & External Trigger will provide both the apron beacon behavior and also trigger the beacons the same as the LV.

I've been testing this weekend and all appears to be working properly. Please submit any bug reports to our Support page at https://www.evolutionmodsllc.com

Special thanks to Mageek for his R&D and inspiration.

#1599 9 months ago
Quoted from brado426:

When the Alien Apron & Lighting Mod was originally released, there was no LV or Beacon support available. The latest firmware provided by PB (0.71) now supports beacons for the SV and LV. This means we can use that trigger to activate our Apron beacons.
We have implemented a nice solution to integrate the official beacon trigger with the Alien Apron & Lighting Mod. This will allow the beacons to trigger in modes such as self-destruct, queen's nest, and end-game. The beacons will now fire exactly as they do on the LV OR in conjunction with the apron beacon behavior. This is being provided as free information. We are not officially supporting this or shipping any physical parts for it.
To do this, you will need to solder a 4-pin header to AUX Board 10 and make a cable that goes from the beacon output port to AUX Board 10.
Maybe a cable will be made for sale at some point in the future, but there are currently no plans for that. If someone would like to make cables for people, the specs are provided in the documentation.
You will also need to get the latest version of the Alien Annunciator Config Tool and update the firmware to 2.7.5.
Instructions for making the cable and the software download are available here: https://www.evolutionmodsllc.com/software-and-firmware
The software now gives you 3 options for beacon triggering:
[quoted image]
- Apron Only will result in the same operation as it has now… (no LV behavior.)
- External Trigger Only will only activate the apron beacons when the game's beacon output voltage is detected (triggering the beacons exactly the same as the LV)
- Apron & External Trigger will provide both the apron beacon behavior and also trigger the beacons the same as the LV.
I've been testing this weekend and all appears to be working properly. Please submit any bug reports to our Support page at https://www.evolutionmodsllc.com
Special thanks to Mageek for his R&D and inspiration.

This is great work & excellent continued support of your company’s mods and much appreciated.

#1600 9 months ago

So if we’re Apron only , nothing changes ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 12.95
$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 1,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-apron-amp-lighting-mod/page/32 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.