(Topic ID: 297340)

Pinball Brothers & Heighway Alien Apron & Backbox Mod!!!!!!!

By Red_Devils

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,648 posts
  • 163 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by Red_Devils
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20231218_194427 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231020_222247_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231020_184833_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-03 at 18.20.51 (resized).jpg
Software1 (resized).JPG
Software 2 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7204 (resized).png
Capture (resized).JPG
20230323_080940 (resized).jpg
strobe (resized).JPG
Pic6 (resized).jpg
pic 9 (resized).jpg

There are 1,648 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 33.
#1301 1 year ago
Quoted from driph:Based on previous development posts, I was under the impression that the customized light shows for the other multiball modes were already a part of the base apron featureset. Am I wrong or has this changed?
If a decision has been made to lock them behind an upgrade, that's fine, I understand paying for development costs, but it would've been good to message that beforehand. I'd love to have access to multiball modes as shown in this thread, but am fine without the additional hardware to support a xeno light show. For others in the same boat, can we pay to unlock that feature in the firmware?

Quoted from brado426:

To answer your question, let me start by saying this is totally a hobby for us and we're not in it for the money. If we wanted to make money, we would do something else. )
Secondly, I have to apologize because I tend to work on cool projects and desire to share before I understand what makes financial sense to get it into other people's hands. I'll be more careful about what I share in the future. I apologize if I misled anyone.
Third, I can assure you that we didn't even start development on the new features until after the initial product was complete.

That doesn't really answer the question. Does the ability to adjust the lightshows for the multiball modes exist on the current iteration of the apron? I thought the ability to adjust each was already present as well. Why is the new xeno board necessary to change settings for the multiball modes?

I love what you guys are doing as well, but also thought this was part of the base unit.

#1302 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

That doesn't really answer the question. Does the ability to adjust the lightshows for the multiball modes exist on the current iteration of the apron? I thought the ability to adjust each was already present as well. Why is the new xeno board necessary to change settings for the multiball modes?
I love what you guys are doing as well, but also thought this was part of the base unit.

Agree - thought it was part of the base unit.

#1303 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Im looking forward to the back box lighting mod with LEds myself.. any ideas on timing of this upgrade?
Question Are the xeno jaw movements tied to in game triggers or are they randomized?

Agree - looking forward to the backbox lighting mod.

#1304 1 year ago

I love what you guys are doing as well, but also thought this was part of the base unit.</blockquote

The apron has the strobe light show for all multi ball modes. After the initial product was completed, we added additional triggers that provides unique light shows for hyper sleep and Sentry gun multi balls. The new board enables these modes and provides the jaw effect.

#1305 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

The apron has the strobe light show for all multi ball modes. After the initial product was completed, we added additional triggers that provides unique light shows for hyper sleep and Sentry gun multi balls. The new board enables these modes and provides the jaw effect.

So for the multiball effects (excluding xeno trigger), the new board is acting as a dongle to allow access to those settings? If that's the case, can we pay for, I dunno, an LV version of the app to unlock the features?

#1306 1 year ago
Quoted from driph:

So for the multiball effects (excluding xeno trigger), the new board is acting as a dongle to allow access to those settings? If that's the case, can we pay for, I dunno, an LV version of the app to unlock the features?

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're thinking that the LV version would not benefit from the Jaw Integration. It most definitely will. The apron beacons are still an option on the LV version and even if they aren't used, the Jaw integration will trigger the strobe and fire mode.

#1307 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're thinking that the LV version would not benefit from the Jaw Integration. It most definitely will. The apron beacons are still an option on the LV version and even if they aren't used, the Jaw integration will trigger the strobe and fire mode.

No…I think they are asking can we buy a “premium” version of the software that unlocks features in the software versus buying the board (of course it would not have the jaw integration).

Bottom line - can you skip buying the hardware and skip the jaw integration but get the other features.

#1308 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

No…I think they are asking can we buy a “premium” version of the software that unlocks features in the software versus buying the board (of course it would not have the jaw integration).
Bottom line - can you skip buying the hardware and skip the jaw integration but get the other features.

Yes, this exactly! I'll happily pay $50 for an unlocked build right now.

#1309 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I'll not comment on this further since I'm really the butt-crack tech guy... But my understanding is this is currently a package deal and cannot be separated. It actually didn't even occur to me that anyone would care. I'll let @Red_Devilz answer any further questions as to pricing/packages.

#1310 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

I'll not comment on this further since I'm really the butt-crack tech guy... But my understanding is this is currently a package deal and cannot be separated. It actually didn't even occur to me that anyone would care. I'll let @Red_Devilz answer any further questions as to pricing/packages.

If the customized light shows weren't possible within the software of the base unit, then buying the additional board would absolutely make sense. If the additional board isn't actually required to make the changes to the lighting effects, then it would be nice not to be forced to by an additional board to take advantage of already existing, albeit not currently available, software.

#1311 1 year ago

If the customized light shows weren't possible within the software of the base unit, then buying the additional board would absolutely make sense. If the additional board isn't actually required to make the changes to the lighting effects, then it would be nice not to be forced to by an additional board to take advantage of already existing, albeit not currently available, software.

Of course, the light shows are technically possible without the board. Red_Devils even mentioned a few posts back that the board is also used as a key to unlock those modes. These are optional enhancements and were never part of the original design or plan.

#1312 1 year ago

I'll wait for Red_Devils to respond, but yes, if you guys haven't, please consider a software-only upgrade option. The run is small enough that you could probably get away with just having a separate build that you sent out after payment is received, rather than building an upgrade mechanism into the app itself.

#1313 1 year ago

Guys, when we began the project we had a list of features that we wanted to include in the apron, I'm happy to say that we got all of them added so we could give you a fantastic product. At the time that we were developing the apron we knew we would always think of another feature that we would like to add, so when designing the Annunciator board we added another port for expansion. I asked the team if it would be possible to integrate the Xeno jaw movement into the light show. I thought it would be a very cool feature to add. So brado426 designed AUX board 10 and worked his magic to code this really cool feature, because brado426 is a workaholic and his brain is always thinking of new ways to improve this product he put it to the team that what if we could also create new light shows to go along with the Xeno jaw light show. So he created the new light shows for the Sentry Guns and Hypersleep multiballs. This was always meant to be part of the expansion pack for the apron, it was never going to be part of the basic apron package. So having gave you guys the background story, the result is if you purchase the Xeno jaw expansion pack you will get the extra light shows as a bonus. We are not going to go down the rabbit hole to sell the software for light show/no light show/expansion pack/no expansion pack. As we say we aren't doing this for the money just for the hobby, but we don't want to make it a full time job to administer the software over who has paid for what. This keeps it simple, one version of the software if you have AUX board 10 then you get the extra light shows as an added bonus. Thanks for understanding.

#1314 1 year ago

Right, thanks. Appreciate the answer.

#1315 1 year ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Guys, when we began the project we had a list of features that we wanted to include in the apron, I'm happy to say that we got all of them added so we could give you a fantastic product. At the time that we were developing the apron we knew we would always think of another feature that we would like to add, so when designing the Annunciator board we added another port for expansion. I asked the team if it would be possible to integrate the Xeno jaw movement into the light show. I thought it would be a very cool feature to add. So brado426 designed AUX board 10 and worked his magic to code this really cool feature, because brado426 is a workaholic and his brain is always thinking of new ways to improve this product he put it to the team that what if we could also create new light shows to go along with the Xeno jaw light show. So he created the new light shows for the Sentry Guns and Hypersleep multiballs. This was always meant to be part of the expansion pack for the apron, it was never going to be part of the basic apron package. So having gave you guys the background story, the result is if you purchase the Xeno jaw expansion pack you will get the extra light shows as a bonus. We are not going to go down the rabbit hole to sell the software for light show/no light show/expansion pack/no expansion pack. As we say we aren't doing this for the money just for the hobby, but we don't want to make it a full time job to administer the software over who has paid for what. This keeps it simple, one version of the software if you have AUX board 10 then you get the extra light shows as an added bonus. Thanks for understanding.

Any update on the list?

I'm getting antsy.

#1316 1 year ago

I am selling my spot that has been ready for shipment.

Just what I paid,

250.00 friends and I will email you info .

Thanks

#1317 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Any update on the list?

You will be next, it won't be long now before you get the email.
You can find the updated "live" list here
https://www.evolutionmodsllc.com/order-status

#1318 1 year ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

You will be next, it won't be long now before you get the email.
You can find the updated "live" list here
https://www.evolutionmodsllc.com/order-status

Mine still says shipped and it hasn’t shipped yet fyi.

As for the expansion. Does that ship from somewhere else or can it ride along with my Apron that hasn’t left yet?

#1319 1 year ago

As for the expansion. Does that ship from somewhere else or can it ride along with my Apron that hasn’t left yet?

Check your PM

#1320 1 year ago

I received my apron last week - unpacked today and got all ready to set up, only to find I have no network cables included?

#1321 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I received my apron last week - unpacked today and got all ready to set up, only to find I have no network cables included?

Please contact Support on the website if you are missing any items and it will be resolved.

https://www.evolutionmodsllc.com/

#1322 1 year ago

Done. Is it just regular cat6 cable? I do have a store close by that I can get some from.

#1323 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Done. Is it just regular cat6 cable? I do have a store close by that I can get some from.

It should have included a 6 ft CAT6 cable and a 4 ft CAT6 cable.

#1324 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

It should have included a 6 ft CAT6 cable and a 4 ft CAT6 cable.

So they are just regular cat6, nothing different about them? I thought perhaps they were modified since they were colour coded.

If its just standard cat6 I can just go get some.

#1325 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Check your PM

#1326 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I thought mine were not included a first but found them in the box with the beacons. You might check there.

#1327 1 year ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I thought mine were not included a first but found them in the box with the beacons. You might check there.

Yep the guys sent me a PM explaining that. However, the beacons haven't arrived yet - still on the way.

#1328 1 year ago

I figured out how to update my apron software, wasn't easy to figure it out given the text instructions only.

#1329 1 year ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

I figured out how to update my apron software, wasn't easy to figure it out given the text instructions only.

Make a video for rest of us?

#1330 1 year ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

A video that includes an explanation of how to do that is available here:

https://www.evolutionmodsllc.com/documentation

#1331 1 year ago

Hey everyone, my buddy just got his SV and he is looking to buy a spot for the loaded apron/beacon mod. Anyone selling their spot still? Send me a DM if you are. Thanks!

#1332 1 year ago

Is there a way to get on the list? I am in no rush.

#1333 1 year ago

Any idea where this tab goes? Looks out of place.

F07F7121-EFA5-40B2-973E-D29160382DE4 (resized).jpegF07F7121-EFA5-40B2-973E-D29160382DE4 (resized).jpeg
#1334 1 year ago
Quoted from JDub03:

[quoted image]

Is that she the right side where the acid burns are ?

#1335 1 year ago
Quoted from JDub03:

[quoted image]

That goes in the post hole near the outlane. You have to remove that post first, obviously.

#1336 1 year ago

Looks bent. Should be straight up and down.

#1337 1 year ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Zablon is correct it should be straight. Also don't forget installation video and written instructions can be found on our website here...
https://www.evolutionmodsllc.com/support

Thanks

#1338 1 year ago

Can someone share a pic or two of the through area? I can’t get that side to sit flush. I watched the movie several times. And it looks like the cut is a little different around the trough area. There doesn’t se to be enough clearance by the post right by the ball eject. The movie shows the new sheet metal covering the entire area. Mine doesn’t line up that way.

11B3AFA4-194E-4355-86D9-54F18A4F2AE5 (resized).jpeg11B3AFA4-194E-4355-86D9-54F18A4F2AE5 (resized).jpeg7E6A6318-3DDA-4CDB-9895-F051627E6202 (resized).jpeg7E6A6318-3DDA-4CDB-9895-F051627E6202 (resized).jpeg
#1339 1 year ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Can someone share a pic or two of the through area? I can’t get that side to sit flush. I watched the movie several times. And it looks like the cut is a little different around the trough area. There doesn’t se to be enough clearance by the post right by the ball eject. The movie shows the new sheet metal covering the entire area. Mine doesn’t line up that way.
[quoted image][quoted image]

You may need to loosen your shooter coil bracket. I had to on mine. Try loosening that and see if it will slip down flush.

#1340 1 year ago

Hello, late to the game but I would like to be added to the list if possible. I can wait. Thanks!

#1341 1 year ago
Quoted from JDub03:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Had the same issue, I had to take a round file and notch out the area around that bolt head/nut to get it to fit...my previous post on this...https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-apron-amp-lighting-mod?tu=monkfe#op

20221203_064132 (resized).jpg20221203_064132 (resized).jpg
#1342 1 year ago

Question on the annunciation board. In order to make adjustments to the lighting in the apron we need to connect to a PC. I have a Mac and it is upstairs away from the game. Will there be a Mac version and in this case would you just remove the annunciation board from the game and bring it to the computer to make adjustments?

#1343 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Question on the annunciation board. In order to make adjustments to the lighting in the apron we need to connect to a PC. I have a Mac and it is upstairs away from the game. Will there be a Mac version and in this case would you just remove the annunciation board from the game and bring it to the computer to make adjustments?

There will not be a Mac version unless someone volunteers to make one. There is a USb port in the front of the apron that you can plug into. If you want to use your Mac, you'll have to either install windows on it in a separate partition or run an emulator like Parallelz . Or you can borrow a Windows machine and do a one time configuration with it.

#1344 1 year ago

So best scenario would be to have a windows based laptop that you can bring to the game and plug it in correct.

#1345 1 year ago

Okay I’m feeling stupid at this point. I can’t get the metal to sit flush. There is no space between the trough hood and the bottom of the post. Any tips here would be great. I did loosen the shooter coil assembly. That isn’t the issue.

5C8E10CA-ECF7-47E2-8A8F-84007FD621F3 (resized).jpeg5C8E10CA-ECF7-47E2-8A8F-84007FD621F3 (resized).jpegA4728CAE-A60E-45EC-930E-E16972C7CF96 (resized).jpegA4728CAE-A60E-45EC-930E-E16972C7CF96 (resized).jpeg
#1346 1 year ago

It does seem to sit off the playfield a bit...not really a well designed fit I'd say...here is a other shot

20221203_150930 (resized).jpg20221203_150930 (resized).jpg
#1347 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

It does seem to sit off the playfield a bit...not really a well designed fit I'd say...here is a other shot
[quoted image]

That pic helps greatly. Thank you. Did you use a file or a deemed wheel to cut the plate?

#1348 1 year ago
Quoted from JDub03:

That pic helps greatly. Thank you. Did you use a file or a deemed wheel to cut the plate?

a round file as I recall...but may have used a dremel sanding drum...can't recall...

#1349 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

So best scenario would be to have a windows based laptop that you can bring to the game and plug it in correct.

That's what I do.

#1350 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

[quoted image]

Like I said earlier, loosen your shooter coil bracket. When I was unable to get my apron to sit flush, it was because the shooter coil bracket was too tight and the apron metal piece couldn't slip into it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs
Displays
$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
There are 1,648 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-apron-amp-lighting-mod/page/27?hl=pdx-mike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.