(Topic ID: 297340)

Pinball Brothers & Heighway Alien Apron & Backbox Mod!!!!!!!

By Red_Devils

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,649 posts
  • 163 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by digitaldocc
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20231218_194427 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231020_222247_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231020_184833_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-03 at 18.20.51 (resized).jpg
Software1 (resized).JPG
Software 2 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7204 (resized).png
Capture (resized).JPG
20230323_080940 (resized).jpg
strobe (resized).JPG
Pic6 (resized).jpg
pic 9 (resized).jpg
There are 1,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 33.
#1151 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Thanks - I'm trying to see if I need to swap the wires like I have to do for the motion tracker mod - due to opposite wiring pinball brothers set my machine to - Not having the beacons that go with this mod, I guess I won't be able to tell if there's a potential wiring issue until the firmware update.

Ah... You can test that by using the Alien Annunciator Config Tool and enabling the switch test. If it is working properly, the MUTHUR switch should show 0 when there is no ball in the hole and 1 if there is. If the switch test passes, it is working properly. You are correct that you're not going to notice a difference without the beacons. If the test fails, it is definitely possible that your wires are backwards. This will make a difference without beacons in a future firmware update.

The MUTHUR switch wires should look like this. Black wire SHOULD NOT be in the center.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1152 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

Ah... You can test that by using the Alien Annunciator Config Tool and enabling the switch test. If it is working properly, the MUTHUR switch should show 0 when there is no ball in the hole and 1 if there is. If the switch test passes, it is working properly. You are correct that you're not going to notice a difference without the beacons. If the test fails, it is definitely possible that your wires are backwards. This will make a difference without beacons in a future firmware update.
The MUTHUR switch wires should look like this. Black wire SHOULD NOT be in the center.
[quoted image]

Right on - thank you! Yeah this particular connection was wired as expected. Appreciate the support...fixed the motion tracker wiring and it's behaving as it should now... Looking forward to future updates!

#1153 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Right on - thank you! Yeah this particular connection was wired as expected. Appreciate the support...fixed the motion tracker wiring and it's behaving as it should now... Looking forward to future updates!

What was the issue in case the rest of us have it?

#1154 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

What was the issue in case the rest of us have it?

The issue he's talking about is with the MUTHUR switch and ball launch switch for the motion tracker. PB wired some of these switches backwards. It doesn't matter that these are backwards UNLESS you need to use the 3rd lug on the switch, like we do for the motion tracker and apron mods. Black wire should not be in the center, because that is ground.

#1155 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

The issue he's talking about is with the MUTHUR switch and ball launch switch for the motion tracker. PB wired some of these switches backwards. It doesn't matter that these are backwards UNLESS you need to use the 3rd lug on the switch, like we do for the motion tracker and apron mods. Black wire should not be in the center, because that is ground.

What Brado said...here's what was covered in the Motion Tracker mod install documentation, just fyi. I swapped the cables on the crimped cable (it's actually blue and black) - For the Apron - if you have to swap them on the "MU/TH/R" switch, it may be easier to adjust at the switch connector - not sure,
example (resized).pngexample (resized).png

#1156 1 year ago

double post

#1157 1 year ago

What type of USB cable do we need? A to C ? Do not seem to have the right cable lying around will have to get on amazon.

#1158 1 year ago
Quoted from Chopper36:

What type of USB cable do we need? A to C ? Do not seem to have the right cable lying around will have to get on amazon.

Hmm... it should have come with the cable. The USB cable type is Mini-USB.

https://a.co/d/guldqjG

#1159 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

Hmm... it should have come with the cable. The USB cable type is Mini-USB.
https://a.co/d/guldqjG

Thanks I found one still new in the bag lol.

#1160 1 year ago

Not sure where I am on the list ?? paid in full when I ordered the Apron , Beacon combo Have been talking to Eightball but I noticed he is no longer involved ?? He actually came to see my Alien set up at the last Texas Pin Fest

#1161 1 year ago
Quoted from Greatpins:

Not sure where I am on the list ?? paid in full when I ordered the Apron , Beacon combo Have been talking to Eightball but I noticed he is no longer involved ?? He actually came to see my Alien set up at the last Texas Pin Fest

Looks like you are number 56. Think they are somewhere in the mid 30's for shipments.

56) GreatPins Paid in full ( Option 1)

#1162 1 year ago

Are these still for order?
What is lead time?

#1163 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Looks like you are number 56.

Yes that is correct. Please also note when looking at the list some of the those are Option 2 which have already been shipped. Greatpins You could well be in the next round of shipping.

Quoted from DK1983:

Are these still for order?
What is lead time?

The first batch has sold out out, we are creating an interested list and when ready for deposits we will be adding them to our shop and our website. which are coming soon. We will be looking at round 2 shipping hopefully around the first quarter of 2023.

#1164 1 year ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Yes that is correct. Please also note when looking at the list some of the those are Option 2 which have already been shipped. Greatpins You could well be in the next round of shipping.

The first batch has sold out out, we are creating an interested list and when ready for deposits we will be adding them to our shop and our website. which are coming soon. We will be looking at round 2 shipping hopefully around the first quarter of 2023.

Am I in the next round of shipping? I've had my game now for a month and getting itchy for the apron and beacons.

#1165 1 year ago

I just got a tracking number with the note "alien apron." When I track it shows origination in the Netherlands. I thought these were being made in Texas for some reason. There were made in NL?

#1166 1 year ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

I just got a tracking number with the note "alien apron." When I track it shows origination in the Netherlands. I thought these were being made in Texas for some reason. There were made in NL?

Yup

#1167 1 year ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

One of our team members is in the Netherlands and that's where these have been assembled. There are too many to fit on a pallet so we are shipping small batches from there until we can fit the rest on a pallet then they will be shipped from here (USA) to you guys.

Quoted from Utesichiban:

Am I in the next round of shipping? I've had my game now for a month and getting itchy for the apron and beacons.

I just checked the list and yes you will on the next round, watch your email for the notification to pay in full.

#1168 1 year ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Sounds great. If you’ll PM me when deposit / shop is ready. Thanks

#1169 1 year ago

#4 on the list but had sold my Alien in the meantime. Team was kind enough to let me defer to next batch to give me some time to think.

Tough decision, but decided to sell my spot for cost as I don't know if/when I'll be getting another one: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/143861

#1170 1 year ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

#4 on the list but had sold my Alien in the meantime. Team was kind enough to let me defer to next batch to give me some time to think.

Selling your spot is absolutely fine.
To the buyer, by purchasing a spot you are guaranteed that you will receive an Apron & Beacon kit on this sold out round. This doesn't mean that you will be jumping ahead of the line in front of all the other buyers that have been waiting patiently. I just wanted to make this perfectly clear to any prospective buyer. Thanks.

#1171 1 year ago

Hey all, as beautiful as this mod is, life happens and I'm going to bail for now. If someone wants my spot for the first run then shoot me a PM. I've only paid the deposit so far.

#1172 1 year ago

Hey Team -- before I do something stupid, does the apron mod still work with version 3.0 100%?

#1173 1 year ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

Hey Team -- before I do something stupid, does the apron mod still work with version 3.0 100%?

Does not matter what version Pinball Brothers puts out there.

#1174 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Does not matter what version Pinball Brothers puts out there.

Awesome! Thanks a ton -- My apron has shipped and I cannot wait to get it!

#1175 1 year ago

Good Morning/Afternoon/Wherever-You-Are,

I just finished installing the Apron and Beacons and just have to send in my congratulations on what has to be the single most impactful and kick-ass mod ever! This mod breathes a whole new life into this game and makes it significantly more immersive and fun. I feel like the value of my game just went up more than the mod cost itself -- it is just so awesome, and much better in person vs. the videos online (no one's fault it just can't be captured in video alone). I wanted to send in my thanks to the team for your hard work, engineering and metalwork. I'm so proud to be an owner and advocate for this team. Sign me up for whatever you guys collaborate on in the future!!

#1176 1 year ago

Can’t wait to get mine. Hopefully I’ll be in the next shipment.

#1177 1 year ago

apron looks awesome. If I had an alien, i'd want one.

#1178 1 year ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

Good Morning/Afternoon/Wherever-You-Are,
I just finished installing the Apron and Beacons and just have to send in my congratulations on what has to be the single most impactful and kick-ass mod ever! This mod breathes a whole new life into this game and makes it significantly more immersive and fun. I feel like the value of my game just went up more than the mod cost itself -- it is just so awesome, and much better in person vs. the videos online (no one's fault it just can't be captured in video alone). I wanted to send in my thanks to the team for your hard work, engineering and metalwork. I'm so proud to be an owner and advocate for this team. Sign me up for whatever you guys collaborate on in the future!!

Thank you! That is exactly how I feel about the videos.... I have struggled to take a video that really communicates how awesome it looks in person. Maybe someone can do it one day?

We have some more surprises in store for this mod including a big software/firmware update, so stay tuned!

#1179 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

Thank you! That is exactly how I feel about the videos.... I have struggled to take a video that really communicates how awesome it looks in person. Maybe someone can do it one day?
We have some more surprises in store for this mod including a big software/firmware update, so stay tuned!

Fantastic! For those waiting, a couple things the video will never fully capture is what happens when you hit a multi all and strobe lights with beacons turn on. While you can see this in the videos, in real life it changes the ambience in the whole room. The beacons light up the walls and ceiling around you, and the strobe really makes the game more intense. You will all be so happy you purchased this mod! Thank you again to the team, can't wait to see what's next!

#1180 1 year ago

It was mentioned that the features are all adjustable. I have a sensitivity to intense strobing lights. How adjustable is that feature?

#1181 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

It was mentioned that the features are all adjustable. I have a sensitivity to intense strobing lights. How adjustable is that feature?

There are features to disable the strobe.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1182 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

There are features to disable the strobe.
[quoted image]

Awesome! Thanks!

#1183 1 year ago

Can someone post a picture of the appropriate wire configuration on Aux board 8. I have tried just about every combination and the apron doesn't illuminate and the playfield lights flash. Help is much appreciated. Thanks

#1184 1 year ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

Can someone post a picture of the appropriate wire configuration on Aux board 8. I have tried just about every combination and the apron doesn't illuminate and the playfield lights flash. Help is much appreciated. Thanks

I don't think aux board 8 would impact the apron not lighting. Are you saying NONE of the LED's are lighting at all? When you say playfield lights, do you mean the actual pf? or the front LED's on the apron?

The board 8 and aux board 8 both have the same connector names on them but are hard to see. On the Board 8 Aux board it should be:

X = no wire
. = wire

make sure the x . . is on top (1st) and . x . is 3rd down on both left and right.

Green [x . .][x . .]
Colored [. . .][. . .]
Green [. x .][. x .]
Colored [. . .][. . .]

board 8 pf
[.x.][.x.][colored][colored]
[x..][x..][colored][colored]

#1185 1 year ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

First of all, double and triple check that Aux Board 8 RJ45 cable is plugged into Port 8 on Alien Annunciator control board.

Unplug all connectors from AUX Board 8 except for the 8-pin power connector and the RJ45 cable and make sure you can get the Apron lighting. If it isn't lighting, you have some fundamental power problem. There is a 2 amp fuse on AUX Board 8... so you may also want to check that you haven't blown that. If you plug the wrong RJ45 into the wrong port, it can cause fuses to blow.

#1186 1 year ago

Thanks! I will check all of this! To be clear when I plug the colored RJ45 cables into the playfield board the LED's aren't as bright and flash erratic. The only LED's on the apron that light are on the front facing the playfield and they are extremely dim. I wasn't even sure that they were on. The board under the playfield apron illuminates.

#1187 1 year ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

Thanks! I will check all of this! To be clear when I plug the colored RJ45 cables into the playfield board the LED's aren't as bright and flash erratic. The only LED's on the apron that light are on the front facing the playfield and they are extremely dim. I wasn't even sure that they were on. The board under the playfield apron illuminates.

I'm not clear at all what you're doing there... You shouldn't be plugging any RJ45 related to the apron into any playfield board. That will definitely cause problems if that's what you're doing. Don't you have the instructions that we sent out with the unit? RJ45 for AUX 8 goes to Alien Annunciator Port 8. RJ45 for AUX 1 goes to Alien Annunciator Port 1. If any RJ45 cable from the mod is going to any playfield board or any other part of the original hardware, that is a major problem.

#1189 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

I'm not clear at all what you're doing there... You shouldn't be plugging any RJ45 related to the apron into any playfield board. That will definitely cause problems if that's what you're doing. Don't you have the instructions that we sent out with the unit? RJ45 for AUX 8 goes to Alien Annunciator Port 8. RJ45 for AUX 1 goes to Alien Annunciator Port 1. If any RJ45 cable from the mod is going to any playfield board or any other part of the original hardware, that is a major problem.

The only instructions I received with my unit was piece of paper with a link to a YouTube video...and some of that video was a bit unclear...I think the video should have been separated into those with beacons and those without. I can figure it out easy enough but for some, maybe not.

#1190 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

Sorry! Not an electrical engineer. I miss stated the wire names. Both RJ45's cables that are supplied with the kit go to the apron mod not the playfield. My issue lies with the configuration of the small three pin cables going from the Aux 8 board and the PB playfield board. Seems as if that is the area of hang up in the instructions. According to the instructions above, I have everything hooked up appropriately and the fuse is good.

#1191 1 year ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

Sorry! Not an electrical engineer. I miss stated the wire names. Both RJ45's cables that are supplied with the kit go to the apron mod not the playfield. My issue lies with the configuration of the small three pin cables going from the Aux 8 board and the PB playfield board. Seems as if that is the area of hang up in the instructions. According to the instructions above, I have everything hooked up appropriately and the fuse is good.

Go through and make sure they didn't come lose/pull out (check the pins in the connectors) at the connectors on the apron itself and make sure they are poking through. These are really small and that will happen sometimes. I had one that had pins out on mine.

#1192 1 year ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

The only instructions I received with my unit was piece of paper with a link to a YouTube video...and some of that video was a bit unclear...I think the video should have been separated into those with beacons and those without. I can figure it out easy enough but for some, maybe not.

I'm sorry to hear this. I will send you a link to the instructions via PM right now.

#1193 1 year ago

If there a hard copy of the instructions that would be great! Please send as well.

#1194 1 year ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

If there a hard copy of the instructions that would be great! Please send as well.

There was a link to the instructions that was supposed to be Emailed to you. I sent it to you via PM.

#1195 1 year ago

The next 10 on the list have been sent emails, if you were close don't forget to check your emails

We will continue on the way we are going, our team member in Europe will send the aprons from there and I will send the beacons from the States, so you will be receiving 2 packages. The team discussed it and felt it made sense to continue to ship them this way because it will mean you guys will get them a little quicker rather than waiting to fill up a pallet and then waiting for it to arrive here in the States then unpack and re-pack everything. It just made more sense to do it this way.

#1197 1 year ago

@red_devils: ripit has purchased my spot

#1198 1 year ago

How do I sign up?

#1199 1 year ago

After these 10 where are we on the list?

It’d be nice to see an updated list with people crossed off that have received their apron.

#1200 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

after these 10 where are we on the list?

It’d be nice to see an updated list with people crossed off that have received their apron.

Ok so here's a list of where we're up too. Please note that some that are out of order were just in on Apron only and some were also shipped to Europe. I have currently invoiced up to #55 on this list and I'll be going in order unless somebody wants to wait until later. If anybody sees their name missing please let me know via DM..Thanks

4) ZABLON SHIPPED
5) RUSSG SHIPPED
6) ZMENY X 5 WANTS TO WAIT
11) ELCID95 SHIPPED
12) KCIACCIO SHIPPED
13) CHOPPER36 SHIPPED
14) DJSOUP WANTS TO WAIT
15) MCDOOM SHIPPED
16) BAGGERMAN SHIPPED
17) DPECK3 SHIPPED
18) STRAKER SHIPPED
19) MOJOJEDI SHIPPED
20) BENIME WAITING FOR LV
21) CRISPIN1 WAITING TO SELL A GAME
22) CAPTCHAOS SHIPPED
23) RACERX61 SHIPPED
24) PBALLJUNKIE WANTS TO WAIT
25) SIXITIESKID SHIPPED
26) DRAIN-O SHIPPED
27) Gooch SHIPPED
28) Flipper-Happy SHIPPED
29) Bigdaddy07 INVOICED
30) ezeltmann SHIPPED
31) BozotheClown SHIPPED
32) DannyGraver WANTS TO WAIT
33) Batedogg SHIPPED
34) DAMWP SHIPPED
35) DawnP SHIPPED
36) Ravenwing INVOICED (NO REPLY)
37) dyopp21 SHIPPED
38) LordHelmet SHIPPED
39) Moat-Pin INVOICED
40) Rockrand INVOICED
41) DVDA INVOICED
42) Monkfe SHIPPED
43) ChubToad13 INVOICD
44) Drunken_Idaho SHIPPED
45) Cigaretteman SHIPPED
46) Calprog SHIPPED
47) Delt31 SHIPPED
48) CPR9999 SHIPPED
49) Utesichiban INVOICED
50) mbrave77 INVOICED
51) Oneangrymo INVOICED
52) BOB-G SHIPPED
53) Lateralus INVOICED
54) Chosen_S INVOICED
55) GreatPins INVOICED
56) mjpinballs
57) FtrMech SHIPPED
58) MikeHogue SHIPPED
59) Nstone4425 SHIPPED
60) Deadpin
61) Jason ( Shipping to Australia)
62) Sheriffs1
63) Aeon SHIPPED
64) Jackalwere
65) Backflipper
66) PDX Mike
67) RPZ (Shipping to Australia)
68) visualmagic
69) DRUNKEN_IDAHO SHIPPED
70) driph SHIPPED
71) TheJesman
72) Hilliguy
73) Ceemunkey ( Shipping to Australia)
74) vlad_nada
75) AARON 6920
76) HENNING SHIPPED
77) OLIATOR SHIPPED
78) Firechief81
79) SJOEND SHIPPED
80) EMPTY-M SHIPPED
81) KKLOSS24 SHIPPED
82) JRULEZ
83) JDUB03
84) RICHHOUSE 67
85) JECCO74
86) WCBU64
87) SOUNDMAZTA SHIPPED
88) PAULBAPTITE
89) BRANDON76 SHIPPED
90) MATLYNCH91
91) ROB-T800
92) LUSCSXD
93) BACKLIGHTPRO SHIPPED
94) CLEARSTAR SHIPPED
95) DREBAY
96) REDDOG
97) FULLTILT-PINBALL
98) MANK
99) ROCKBITER
100) BRPPINS
101) EHARAN
102) DIGITALDOC
103) PINBALLPAL
104) THE PINBALL-CO-OP
105) MIKE-N
106) RIPIT

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 160.00
$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-apron-amp-lighting-mod/page/24?hl=greatpins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.