20220407_133215 (resized).jpg
38C74D7C-BED4-4431-99B1-250B1A55EF98 (resized).jpeg
5714411C-77CF-40F0-93C3-549631C9D6D6 (resized).jpeg
7F65BC9E-B410-457F-A491-612D727D947F (resized).jpeg
20220909_134630 (resized).jpg
20220909_134601 (resized).jpg
33859D06-BBA5-4973-A6CD-996B3BBE1DEE (resized).png
F8BFB3D1-C288-4CFA-8992-7DFA8FCB23CC (resized).png

There are 1,152 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 24.
#1101 9 days ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Anyone know what the App was that was needed to extract the code...it wasn't very clear in the video...I am trying to run/install it from my phone.

It is a Windows application. You just need to unzip it and install it on a Windows computer.

#1102 9 days ago

You cannot run the app from a phone it has to be run from a PC, you need a USB cord to connect from the board to a PC to program it. You can't do this from a phone.

Also just as an FYI the app will not work on Apple devices, you will need to run it in a Windows emulator on a Mac.

#1103 9 days ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

You cannot run the app from a phone it has to be run from a PC, you need a USB cord to connect from the board to a PC to program it. You can't do this from a phone.
Also just as an FYI the app will not work on Apple devices, you will need to run it in a Windows emulator on a Mac.

Is this just if you want to customize it ? I have not checked out instructions yet might tomorrow night and hopefully install this weekend .

#1104 9 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Is this just if you want to customize it ? I have not checked out instructions yet might tomorrow night and hopefully install this weekend .

Yes, The app is used to customize and also to troubleshoot any issues Oh and to update the firmware to take advantage of any new updates we come up with

#1105 9 days ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Yes, The app is used to customize and also to troubleshoot any issues Oh and to update the firmware to take advantage of any new updates we come up with

Thanks my man , I’ll lyk how it goes this weekend

#1106 9 days ago

BTW another thing to note is that the USB connector needed is the OLD OLD mini connector.

pasted_image (resized).png
#1107 8 days ago
Quoted from brado426:

It is a Windows application. You just need to unzip it and install it on a Windows computer.

Thanks for the info...my PC is upstairs, and my Alien is in the basement...all that came in the box was a sheet with 2 squars printed on it, the install video link and the software link...the only device that I have to scan the squars is my phone...is there an associated website? I tried to copy the URL when I scanned the squar with my phone and e-mail it to my PC...I still couldn't get it to run. Maybe I am making more difficult than it is...I will keep messing with it.

#1108 8 days ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Thanks for the info...my PC is upstairs, and my Alien is in the basement...all that came in the box was a sheet with 2 squars printed on it, the install video link and the software link...the only device that I have to scan the squars is my phone...is there an associated website? I tried to copy the URL when I scanned the squar with my phone and e-mail it to my PC...I still couldn't get it to run. Maybe I am making more difficult than it is...I will keep messing with it.

Whn you download the file it is compressed.. you should extract to downloads then run setup. You will need to turn off any protections as the install will fail if you have anti virus and defender running.

#1109 8 days ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Whn you download the file it is compressed.. you should extract to downloads then run setup.

Got it...needed to download some software. Thanks for the nudge. It was actually the virus protection causing me the issue...once past that I was able to get to the needed software prompt.

#1110 8 days ago

package seems to be stuck in customs for a few days - anyone recall how long it took for customs to complete their review?

#1111 8 days ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

[quoted image]
If I remember right they only made 10 of them.

Rob-T-800

I'm selling an LV translite. I ordered three of them because he would make them in batches only, so I spent extra to get one for my Alien. I had extras and have one LV left.

I don't know if he's making any more.

#1112 8 days ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Quoted from Zablon:

BTW another thing to note is that the USB connector needed is the OLD OLD mini connector.

oof, it's 2022 and we're still making apps that are Windows only and using connectors from 1998.

#1113 8 days ago
Quoted from benime:

oof, it's 2022 and we're still making apps that are Windows only and using connectors from 1998.

If someone wants to volunteer to help write a Mac version, I'd be happy to work with them. Porting this stuff is a lot of work and I have no Apple devices... but I would be happy to help.

The connector is the standard connector on Arduino Nanos... I see that an Arduino Nano was released after we purchased these Arduinos that has a USB-C connector. You can easily switch it to a USB-C connector by replacing the Arduino if the connector type really bothers you.

By the way, the app will run on a Mac.... Just run Parallelz or whatever other Windows emulator there is for Mac. Or better yet, run Windows natively on your Mac.

#1114 8 days ago
Quoted from brado426:

If someone wants to volunteer to help write a Mac version, I'd be happy to work with them. Porting this stuff is a lot of work and I have no Apple devices... but I would be happy to help.
The connector is the standard connector on Arduino Nanos... I see that an Arduino Nano was released after we purchased these Arduinos that has a USB-C connector. You can easily switch it to a USB-C connector by replacing the Arduino if the connector type really bothers you.
By the way, the app will run on a Mac.... Just run Parallelz or whatever other Windows emulator there is for Mac. Or better yet, run Windows natively on your Mac.

I called the connector out because really only people who hoard cables or techie would have one these days. I happened to have a couple stashed away in the bottom of my cable hoard drawer.

#1115 8 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I called the connector out because really only people who hoard cables or techie would have one these days. I happened to have a couple stashed away in the bottom of my cable hoard drawer.

These were supposed to come with the USB cables. I just checked with the team and it seems like some were shipped without. Sorry about that. Good thing you're a hoarder, Zablon

#1116 8 days ago

Hi all - I DM'd devil to get on the list if at all possible. Looks like these are awesome and I wish that the machine came with them!

#1117 8 days ago
Quoted from Tirowen:

Hi all - I DM'd devil to get on the list if at all possible. Looks like these are awesome and I wish that the machine came with them!

I haven't seen enough gameplay videos from people yet.

#1118 7 days ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

package seems to be stuck in customs for a few days - anyone recall how long it took for customs to complete their review?

Mine is stuck too. Says it cleared customs September 11 but has no updates since then. When this happens, it is usually not good. Packages get lost or damaged the longer they are held at one place along the way, especially after they have been cleared to move forward. I have contacted the postal service and should get some information next week as to why the delay since it has been cleared.

#1119 7 days ago
Quoted from pbwizard14:

Mine is stuck too. Says it cleared customs September 11 but has no updates since then. When this happens, it is usually not good. Packages get lost or damaged the longer they are held at one place along the way, especially after they have been cleared to move forward. I have contacted the postal service and should get some information next week as to why the delay since it has been cleared.

I have had things stuck in custom for 10 days before.

#1120 6 days ago

Ok.. here is a quick video i did to test stream gear, and the apron. Set the Alien to easy mode and messed around a bit. I think i hit it all.

enjoy.

#1121 6 days ago

So for those of you who have done your install...how did you deal with this fitment issue...particularly around the screw and nut/trough bracket...I can't move the metal piece any more forward due to this nut...

20220918_173033 (resized).jpg

#1122 6 days ago

I can't tell what you have going on as how close you have the camera, but I didn't slide anything. IIRC the tab that sticks out | (going the width of the cabinet tucked snugly between 2 pieces of metal behind the launcher...but I'd have to open it up to be sure. It wasn't pressed up against that post or mech though.

#1123 6 days ago

Here is a further out shot

20220918_175148 (resized).jpg
#1124 6 days ago
Quoted from monkfe:

So for those of you who have done your install...how did you deal with this fitment issue...particularly around the screw and nut/trough bracket...I can't move the metal piece any more forward due to this nut...
[quoted image]

That may be a tight fit on some machines. On mine I had to loosen the shooter coil bracket and then tighten again after apron fell into place.

#1125 6 days ago

Anybody interested in buying my spot? Sold my Alien--might get it again one day, but debating whether I should still get this mod

#1126 5 days ago

So I managed to file out a small area to allow for better fitment around the trough screw/nut. After filing it open a bit more I was able to get it on...but still not a great fit...I could play with it some more next time I have it out...so few things I came across that you might need to know

the instructional video, while it shows most things you need to know, it doesn't fully explain that you need to remove both the upper and lower opto connectors and place them in their appropriate receptacles on the #8 board. (which he does explain). The #8 board really needs to be mounted as high as you can get it as the power cable was barely reaching the two boards. (in fact I had to relocate it after installing it)

the apron doesn't seem to fit on the original lock tab on the left without giving it a little bend, If I had repositioned the bracket differently It will probably catch better...something to do next time the glass is off.

Which brings me to the right locking tab...its not used and I'm not sure why they designed the right side without the same overhang the left side has and utilizing the same locking tab...my ball got stuck on the right side, a flick of the flipper released it, but I found that bending the apron a bit will probably allow the passage without issue in the future. This is my biggest dissappointment on this mod...I don't know why it was made like this...I'm sure there are reasons.

The stainless bracket...this seems like it also could have been better designed, maybe remove the ball guide above it and incorporate that into it so it locks down to the playfield? the two sided tape is not holding and it seems to be a bit janky as to how it sits there even after I notched it out...but its mosty (mostly at night) out of view...

I've not played with the software and left it stock for now but it looks awesome overall and only played one game where I got a mulitball with the strobing effects...very nice...my 2cents on this..

#1127 5 days ago
Quoted from monkfe:

my ball got stuck on the right side, a flick of the flipper released it, but I found that bending the apron a bit will probably allow the passage without issue in the future.

Yes, this is an issue we discussed previously... Unfortunately, some aprons may need a little bend to eliminate that issue. The one I received did not have that problem. We brought that up to the manufacturer. Fortunately, it can be easily resolved by a slight bending of the apron.

#1128 2 days ago

Received Apron -

So I'm stuck at firmware update. going on 10 minutes...don't want to corrupted it by taking it out but not sure what else I can do? Any suggestions

stuck (resized).png
#1129 2 days ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Received Apron -
So I'm stuck at firmware update. going on 10 minutes...don't want to corrupted it by taking it out but not sure what else I can do? Any suggestions
[quoted image]

It should only take a few seconds. You won't corrupt anything... just restart and try again.

#1130 2 days ago
Quoted from brado426:

It should only take a few seconds. You won't corrupt anything... just restart and try again.

Thanks for quick response - yeah, I just rebooted and launched the software and it said it showed the current firmware version (2.7.19)...I wondered if this was a false positive, so I ran the update again and got this error. Assume that's because it was already updated...will see how it goes and FYI for anyone else who may run into
fail (resized).png

#1131 2 days ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Thanks for quick response - yeah, I just rebooted and launched the software and it said it showed the current firmware version (2.7.19)...I wondered if this was a false positive, so I ran the update again and got this error. Assume that's because it was already updated...will see how it goes and FYI for anyone else who may run into
[quoted image]

You can update the firmware as often as you like. If 2.7.19 is showing, then it is likely updated successfully. You might want to try a different USB cable, different USB port, or even different computer... it sounds like you are having some communication issue when accessing the board via USB.

#1132 2 days ago

**UPDATE** - I got it - a bit of force on the right hand side...

Can't seem to get original apron off - seems the right side is getting stuck or has another connecting screw / not sure...anyone have else attempt to install on an LV?

I think the old apron is getting stuck on the ball launch screw / path...not sure how to get to this yet.
IMG_1199 (1) (resized).jpg

#1133 2 days ago

Any shipping updates?

#1134 2 days ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

Any shipping updates?

I contacted the next 12 on the list last week. I have heard back from 5 of the 12. I will try the remaining ones again and if get no reply again will move on.

#1135 2 days ago

Can you guys start providing updates on where you are at on the list with these? Are the apron with beacons shipping yet? I didn't think I was that far down on the list but haven't even been invoiced for full payment yet. Thank you.

#1136 2 days ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

**UPDATE** - I got it - a bit of force on the right hand side...
Can't seem to get original apron off - seems the right side is getting stuck or has another connecting screw / not sure...anyone have else attempt to install on an LV?
I think the old apron is getting stuck on the ball launch screw / path...not sure how to get to this yet.
[quoted image]

Interesting that you mentioned this.
I was trying to get my apron off as well recently for other reasons and also found that right side to somehow be "stuck" on something.
With all of the other screws removed, I was offered enough "play" for what I was doing, but I couldn't figure out at that time just what the heck was keeping me from getting that apron off.
I have the SV (not LV).
Sounds like you were successful with a little bit of "force" on the right hand side. I was also figuring that the answer was going to be somewhere in the "force" category , lol....but it's reassuring to hear that with a little bit of force you're able to get it off. Were you able to figure out what exactly was being stuck or causing it to not slide off smoothly?

#1137 1 day ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Quoted from ChipScott:

Interesting that you mentioned this.
I was trying to get my apron off as well recently for other reasons and also found that right side to somehow be "stuck" on something.
With all of the other screws removed, I was offered enough "play" for what I was doing, but I couldn't figure out at that time just what the heck was keeping me from getting that apron off.
I have the SV (not LV).
Sounds like you were successful with a little bit of "force" on the right hand side. I was also figuring that the answer was going to be somewhere in the "force" category , lol....but it's reassuring to hear that with a little bit of force you're able to get it off. Were you able to figure out what exactly was being stuck or causing it to not slide off smoothly?

Yeah on the front of the old apron, there's these two metal 'lips' - I was able to get the left side off and used my finger to help pry the right one out, and then I could lift up from the corner pic I showed...that's pretty much it - a little nerve racking concerning potential playfield damage/scratching, (because I hadn't done this before) but I made out ok. There was a little mark on the playfield, but its under the apron and could have been like this at the factory.

#1138 1 day ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Can you guys start providing updates on where you are at on the list with these? Are the apron with beacons shipping yet? I didn't think I was that far down on the list but haven't even been invoiced for full payment yet. Thank you.

Yes, we are now shipping Apron & Beacons option.

You are #50 on the list, we have currently invoiced up to #32 just so you know where we are up to. Some people are asking to defer until later because they're still waiting for their machine. Thanks guys

#1139 1 day ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Yes, we are now shipping Apron & Beacons option.
You are #50 on the list, we have currently invoiced up to #32 just so you know where we are up to. Some people are asking to defer until later because they're still waiting for their machine. Thanks guys

I believe I am #20 on your list, am I one of the ones you are trying to reach? I have not seen anything.

#1140 1 day ago

OK those drill holes on the front of the apron to secure to the playfield are way smaller than the previous/existing apron, at least on my LV - Guess I need to find smaller screws and washer pair.

#1141 1 day ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

OK those drill holes on the front of the apron to secure to the playfield are way smaller than the previous/existing apron, at least on my LV - Guess I need to find smaller screws and washer pair.

You should have screws in with your package for the apron and also the long screw.

#1142 1 day ago

Guys I’m loving this mod, it completes this already fantastic machine. Man what do I love my Alien!

When will the new firmware be released with the more subtle hypersleep chamber multiball option?

Thanks

#1143 22 hours ago
Quoted from Sjoend:

Guys I’m loving this mod, it completes this already fantastic machine. Man what do I love my Alien!
When will the new firmware be released with the more subtle hypersleep chamber multiball option?
Thanks

Awesome!!!

New firmware is still in testing. The focus right now is to get everyone's order to them. Then we will focus on updates and enhancements.

#1144 19 hours ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

You should have screws in with your package for the apron and also the long screw.

Thank you - I found 'em - non washered, but fit right..thx for the heads up -

I re-seated the apron, and the back screws lined up pretty good - it feels like the apron is rested forward a bit - but the notch where the post was removed aligns fine - the left side metal lip seems to but not quite fitted - but I can't seem to pull it back any more - also the long screw, is at a bit of an angle - but still screws in - I'm thinking this is ok, but concerns me when lifting the playfield from the front of the apron

#1145 19 hours ago
Quoted from brado426:

Awesome!!!
New firmware is still in testing. The focus right now is to get everyone's order to them. Then we will focus on updates and enhancements.

Ok thx, I’ll patiently wait.

#1146 11 hours ago

Ok she's installed...it's absolutely bad ass! Wow guys - well done!

I need to bring the strobe down a bit but it's easily configurable.

Can anyone confirm the functionality you're supposed to get when going to "Mother" ? I'm not sure its doing anything unique - although I didn't get the lamps (I have an LV and decided to keep those as is)

#1147 11 hours ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Can anyone confirm the functionality you're supposed to get when going to "Mother" ? I'm not sure its doing anything unique - although I didn't get the lamps (I have an LV and decided to keep those as is)

Mother double flashes the beacons 2-3 times.

If it isn't doing that, I 'think' on the original firmware there is a checkbox to enable/disable each different mode.

#1148 11 hours ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Mother double flashes the beacons 2-3 times.
If it isn't doing that, I 'think' on the original firmware there is a checkbox to enable/disable each different mode.

Ok thanks - yeah I didn't get the beacons (I called them lamps, whoops) - so I think I'm good...man this thing rocks...brings the game up to a solid 10

#1149 9 hours ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Sorry I caused confusion.... the MUTHUR (sentry gun) mode is only available in a test firmware version we're working on. This will be released in the future. In the meantime, all multi-ball modes will behave the same. The latest official firmware is 2.7.19.

#1150 9 hours ago
Quoted from brado426:

Sorry I caused confusion.... the MUTHUR (sentry gun) mode is only available in a test firmware version we're working on. This will be released in the future. In the meantime, all multi-ball modes will behave the same. The latest official firmware is 2.7.19.

Thanks - I'm trying to see if I need to swap the wires like I have to do for the motion tracker mod - due to opposite wiring pinball brothers set my machine to - Not having the beacons that go with this mod, I guess I won't be able to tell if there's a potential wiring issue until the firmware update.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
8,400 (OBO)
Sale Pending! Machine - For Sale
York, PA
$ 160.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Machine - For Sale
Pflugerville, TX
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
There are 1,152 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!