(Topic ID: 297340)

Pinball Brothers & Heighway Alien Apron & Backbox Mod!!!!!!!

By Red_Devils

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,649 posts
  • 163 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by digitaldocc
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20231218_194427 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231020_222247_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231020_184833_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-03 at 18.20.51 (resized).jpg
Software1 (resized).JPG
Software 2 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7204 (resized).png
Capture (resized).JPG
20230323_080940 (resized).jpg
strobe (resized).JPG
Pic6 (resized).jpg
pic 9 (resized).jpg
There are 1,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 33.
#1051 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

Holy smokes! Sentry Gun mode now looks amazing!

I think that timing is perfect!

Is this just random or are they tied to the spinners somehow in the mode? looks bad ass man.

#1052 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I can’t contain myself .This game is so damn incredible as is I can’t imagine what’s in store when it arrives .You guys need to officially name this mod .It deserves something fitting .You can’t show up at the Twippys with “Alien Apron Mod”

Since this mod has limited reach (100 sold), we need every owner to vote for this come Twipy time!! Keep this top of mind when the vote season opens up.

#1053 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Is this just random or are they tied to the spinners somehow in the mode? looks bad ass man.

It is random.

#1054 1 year ago

Just got my shipping notification!!!

#1055 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Since this mod has limited reach (100 sold), we need every owner to vote for this come Twipy time!! Keep this top of mind when the vote season opens up.

Of course ,but what do you think about naming it ? In DP , Hellhouse is not called “deadpool scoop mod” and Pinstadiums has a more exiting ring to it than “brighter lights strip”.I’m not trying to name it like some people that try to name others newborns ,I’m just saying they need a name that sticks out as they will be creating more of these for different titles .

#1056 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Of course ,but what do you think about naming it ? In DP , Hellhouse is not called “deadpool scoop mod” and Pinstadiums has a more exiting ring to it than “brighter lights strip”.I’m not trying to name it like some people that try to name others newborns ,I’m just saying they need a name that sticks out as they will be creating more of these for different titles .

I like "Alien Annunciator" myself... it has a ring to it... but I'm a huge nerd.

#1057 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

I implemented a Sentry Gun mode. Unfortunately, we don't have access to the state of the sentry guns firing, but you got me thinking and I did implement a randomly timed sentry blade strobing. I'm pretty happy with it... I'm thinking there should be more shorter bursts, so that may be adjusted.
Notice that the blades dim while in Sentry mode. That's because that's how I have it set in the Alien Annunciator config tool. You can configure any blade color for Sentry Gun mode.
A future enhancement could be to randomly strobe the left blade or the right. I think that would be an additional cool effect.

Thanks for digging in. Having choices for the mode is super cool as well. Very appreciated.

#1058 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

I like "Alien Annunciator" myself... it has a ring to it... but I'm a huge nerd.

perhaps a play on both the alien name and the company name could suffice? Alien Evolution Apron as example... Game/Company/Product. Could work for the next project as well "Madness Evolution Apron" or some shit like that. LOL

#1059 1 year ago

However ,I will throw some suggestions in the box I would guess a pinhead spends roughly 66% of a game staring at the lower portion of the machine .We all know the apron is there ,we just don’t “see it “. Now with the “Miniskirt” (tm), we will need to figure out how to re attach our eyeballs back in the sockets you know ,so we can see it again

F8BFB3D1-C288-4CFA-8992-7DFA8FCB23CC (resized).pngF8BFB3D1-C288-4CFA-8992-7DFA8FCB23CC (resized).png
#1060 1 year ago

Even us nerds can get “Behind” this one

33859D06-BBA5-4973-A6CD-996B3BBE1DEE (resized).png33859D06-BBA5-4973-A6CD-996B3BBE1DEE (resized).png
#1061 1 year ago

Alright show of hands and be honest ,who just snorkel laughed when they read that ?

#1062 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yeah I noticed this last night. I set mine sentry gun color to red, and then it switches to white when it strobes'. Makes a nice panic effect. I actually had that same thought to strobe the left or right separately during it.

I changed mine to RED and wow... that is the proper color for Sentry Gun Mode!!! Not only does it look cool while running, but the transition when Sentry Gun mode starts is excellent. I also just changed it so while the strobing is going on one blade, the other blade doesn't blank anymore. I think that is a big improvement also.

#1063 1 year ago

When the mod creators are excited about how the product is turning out you know it's going to be good.

#1064 1 year ago

It is very good. Better than I could have hoped. They did an amazing job, and the additional tweaks are coming along nicely!

#1065 1 year ago

Any update on a timeline for the next batch to ship?

#1066 1 year ago

If payment was made so the aprons ship right away. I sent a PM. Let me know asap!

#1067 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

I changed mine to RED and wow... that is the proper color for Sentry Gun Mode!!! Not only does it look cool while running, but the transition when Sentry Gun mode starts is excellent. I also just changed it so while the strobing is going on one blade, the other blade doesn't blank anymore. I think that is a big improvement also.

Oh, hell yeah, dude! That looks sick

#1068 1 year ago

I didn't miss a PM did I? Are you guys shipping to anyone who makes the final payment, or just to some select beta testers?

#1069 1 year ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

I didn't miss a PM did I? Are you guys shipping to anyone who makes the final payment, or just to some select beta testers?

You didn't miss any PM's we are shipping the orders that were Apron only right now, we will be sending PM's to the Apron & Beacon orders in a couple of weeks asking for final payments. Thanks

#1070 1 year ago

Time for a follow up review on this apron now that i have tinkered with it a bunch.

I had a hiccup that was preventing me from using anythign on apron that was triggered from Muther scoop. After much trouble shootin, it Turns out that Pbros wired the muther scoop on my machine wonky once i sorted that out, we were golden and using all functions of the apron as intended.

I really do beleive that this apron is bees knees.. to me, it just added that extra something something to tie it all together. All SV, LV owners can benefit from the features the apron offers. I am using what i think is the release canditdate programming and it is smooth running so far.

The coding now gives the option to change the strobe effect timing and strobe color for Hyper Sleep Multiball, you also now have a green flash with random white "bursts" during Sentry Guns along with any stacked or remaining multiballs with thier own timings and white strobe effects. Each is paried along with unique beacon "flashes" for Muther scoop and general beacon effects for all multiballs. Fire effect on multiball is customizable as well.

I will try to pop up a video on Sentry to Youtube this weekend.. I have a battery issue on laptop that will not allow my external cameras to work.. may just do it on phone.. will see.

If anyone has questions just reach out to me.. ill be happy to share my experience with Installation, trouble shooting, etc.

BMAN5K

#1071 1 year ago

^^ This. There've been some tweeks that add some nice variation possibilities between the different multiballs. I do not think anyone waiting is going to be disappointed.

#1072 1 year ago

Mine arrived today...Holy Cow...Nice!! Looks like I will be busy this weekend.

20220909_134601 (resized).jpg20220909_134601 (resized).jpg20220909_134630 (resized).jpg20220909_134630 (resized).jpg
#1073 1 year ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Mine arrived today...Holy Cow...Nice!! Looks like I will be busy this weekend.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I see some Aprons have text below ALIEN that says Limited Edition. Who gets this version?

#1074 1 year ago
Quoted from DoorCounty:

I see some Aprons have text below ALIEN that says Limited Edition. Who gets this version?

You had to state which version you had when ordering I believe .

#1075 1 year ago

If anyone has info (pictures)on the 3D trans that was produced for the LV I’d greatly appreciate it .I’ve been searching with no results thus far .I’ve heard he’s finished with them, but we’re only getting started with these pins landing and I’m just trying to make a decision on wether to purchase a SV and use the blue lighting or wait and see if I can find a LV or possibly another run .

#1076 1 year ago
Quoted from DoorCounty:

Think they decided against that long ago:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-apron-amp-lighting-mod/page/6#post-6600209

#1077 1 year ago
Quoted from DoorCounty:

As I understand it, none of them have "Limited Edition". The one you see in the photos is a sample Heighway LE Apron, it was used to test/create/develop the mod.

#1078 1 year ago

Hello All,

I am no longer involved with this project. Please don't DM, Email or Text me in reference to payments and shipping.

Enjoy this bad ass apron. Its freaking awesome.

Have a great weekend all.

#1079 1 year ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Hello All,
I am no longer involved with this project. Please don't DM, Email or Text me in reference to payments and shipping.

Should we be worried about anything?

#1080 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I would take that as a sign of "my services are no longer needed now that production is being finalized", but what do I know.

#1081 1 year ago

Hello All,

Thank you for all the time and cat wrangling you've done to make this thing a reality. I hope there are no shenanigans involved and you're just moving on to new things!

#1082 1 year ago

Hello All,

So who is?

#1083 1 year ago

So we will get followed up with by another person for payment?

#1084 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

If anyone has info (pictures)on the 3D trans that was produced for the LV I’d greatly appreciate it .I’ve been searching with no results thus far .I’ve heard he’s finished with them, but we’re only getting started with these pins landing and I’m just trying to make a decision on wether to purchase a SV and use the blue lighting or wait and see if I can find a LV or possibly another run .

Hi...check out the Alien owners thread

Mike has a couple spare for sale or if not I can do another run

#1085 1 year ago

Red_Devils is the contact.

Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Nothing has changed except for the contact.

#1086 1 year ago

Hello All,

The team would like to thank Royale-W-Cheese for his involvement in this project and we wish him all the best for the future.

I will be the one notifying you guys for final payments and or shipping costs when the time comes. Please don't worry everyone will receive their apron as we go through the list. We are trying to get to the point of shipping 10-20 aprons a week, we have currently shipped 36 aprons and are moving through the list as quickly as we can. I will be sending notifications to the next 15 people within a couple of days. Please have a little more patience with us as we are in the final stages of this wonderful mod and we can't wait for all of you who ordered to get them installed on your machines.

#1087 1 year ago

Got mine in the mail, looks amazing, just waiting on my machine to arrive now

#1088 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Got mine in the mail, looks amazing, just waiting on my machine to arrive now

Picture?
Did it ship from overseas?

#1089 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Picture?
Did it ship from overseas?

Came from the Netherlands , also a sticker from Evolution mods in Lago Vista Texas
Sorry I repacked it. Too many packing peanuts to deal with, looks just like the one posted above

#1090 1 year ago

I should be getting mine this week. Cleared customs in NY according to the tracking number I received.

#1091 1 year ago
Quoted from KJS:

Hi...check out the Alien owners thread
Mike has a couple spare for sale or if not I can do another run

Thank you and can’t wait to see it in person .

#1092 1 year ago

I had mine here yesterday but nobody was home to sign for it . Now I’m camping overnight at the post office so I’m first in line

#1093 1 year ago

Arrived !

7F65BC9E-B410-457F-A491-612D727D947F (resized).jpeg7F65BC9E-B410-457F-A491-612D727D947F (resized).jpeg
#1094 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Arrived !
[quoted image]

Now let’s see what’s in that box!

#1095 1 year ago

I’m hoping to get to it later this week , as without money from these other jobs I would be pinless. This game just keeps getting better , our whole house plays it and we play it more than any others when first got them .

38C74D7C-BED4-4431-99B1-250B1A55EF98 (resized).jpeg38C74D7C-BED4-4431-99B1-250B1A55EF98 (resized).jpeg5714411C-77CF-40F0-93C3-549631C9D6D6 (resized).jpeg5714411C-77CF-40F0-93C3-549631C9D6D6 (resized).jpeg
#1096 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

20220407_133215 (resized).jpg20220407_133215 (resized).jpg

If I remember right they only made 10 of them.

#1097 1 year ago

They are both sweet. Was hard to not get the Queen one just to swap back and forth.

#1098 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

They are both sweet. Was hard to not get the Queen one just to swap back and forth.

My Alien Translite mod arrives today! Excited to install it!

#1099 1 year ago

It has arrived!!! Absolutely stunning in person!! Can't wait to get it installed and see what she really does!!! Have the Alien tracker Mod waiting to get installed with it.

Very well packaged and had to sign for it.

PXL_20220913_215559223 (resized).jpgPXL_20220913_215559223 (resized).jpg

#1100 1 year ago

Anyone know what the App was that was needed to extract the code...it wasn't very clear in the video...I am trying to run/install it from my phone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 160.00
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-apron-amp-lighting-mod/page/22?hl=drain-o and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.