(Topic ID: 297340)

Pinball Brothers & Heighway Alien Apron & Backbox Mod!!!!!!!

By Red_Devils

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,649 posts
  • 163 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by digitaldocc
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20231218_194427 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231020_222247_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231020_184833_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-03 at 18.20.51 (resized).jpg
Software1 (resized).JPG
Software 2 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7204 (resized).png
Capture (resized).JPG
20230323_080940 (resized).jpg
strobe (resized).JPG
Pic6 (resized).jpg
pic 9 (resized).jpg
There are 1,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 33.
#851 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

Yes... they come with the apron.

Perfect! It definitely makes the apron look complete.

#852 1 year ago

Use it on the front coin door....looks cool in that spot.

#853 1 year ago

Just throwing this out there but have you guys thought about using your apron aux out to drive lighted gameblades like the LV version has? Except if you made them they would be way cooler as the color could change.

#854 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Just throwing this out there but have you guys thought about using your apron aux out to drive lighted gameblades like the LV version has? Except if you made them they would be way cooler as the color could change.

My understanding is that PinStadiums have a trigger that can be driven by 5V, 12V, or 24V. If that is the case, there is no reason why PinStadiums couldn't be hooked up to the beacon power output to shut the PinStadium off when the beacons go on. I'm not too familiar with the PinStadiums, but it has been discussed here before, so I'm sure we will eventually get some integration working with them.

#855 1 year ago

I've decided to sell my standard version. I'm not sure whether or not the buyer wants my spot for the apron and beacons. If he does not then my spot will be up for grabs if anyone wants to takeover my deposit. Lmk

#856 1 year ago

I just received and installed the first production unit and I'm super impressed. Way better than the prototype I've been playing with.

I know it has been a long wait... definitely longer than we were anticipating... but I think everyone will agree that it is worth the wait.

#857 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

I just received and installed the first production unit and I'm super impressed. Way better than the prototype I've been playing with.

I know it has been a long wait... definitely longer than we were anticipating... but I think everyone will agree that it is worth the wait.

Looks like a quality build.. great effort and thank you to the team. Cannot wait to see the flood of videos when users have these installed in their machines!!

#858 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

Awesome!! When do you start working down the list to ship these puppies?

#859 1 year ago

The buyer on my Alien is going to take over my spot for apron and beacons. I will send his info tomorrow after we do our deal.

#860 1 year ago

That apron looks awesome! Di younhave any news about the upcoming production/ shipment plan, especially for us Europeans?

#861 1 year ago

Updated all changes from email's and PM's . June

RED-DEVILS
EIGHTBALLTEXAS
BRADO426
ZABLON
JOETECHBOB
RUSSG
ZMENY
ZMNEY
ZMENY
ZMNEY
ZMENY
LLABNIP1972- jecco taking spot.
ELCID95
KCIACCIO Paid balance of $250 Paid- Just paid $500 /5/28
CHOPPER36
DJSOUP
MCDOOM
BAGGERMAN ( Paid in Full -Wired) option 1
DPECK3
CRILE1
STRAKER
MOJOJEDI
BENIME
GORILLABISCUIT -New Buyer is Drebay
CRISPIN1
CAPTCHAOS ( Option 2) Paid in full. Upgrade to option one...owes $250 ( PAID)
RACERX61
PBALLJUNKIE
SIXITIESKID
DRAIN-O
Gooch
Flipper-Happy Option 2
Bigdaddy07
ezeltmann
BozotheClown
DannyGraver
Batedogg ( Paid In Full)
Paddy-O cancelled and PBWIZARD4 IS NEW BUYER wants apron only.
DawnP
DawnP
Ravenwing
dyopp21
LordHelmet
Moat-Pin (Paid in Full ) Option1
Rockrand
DVDA
Monkfe ( option 2) Paid in full
ChubToad13 ( paid in Full Option 1)
Drunken_Idaho
Cigaretteman Shipping to to Denmark (Paid in Full)
Dano
Calprog (Option 2)
Delt31 (Option2)
CPR9999
Utesichiban
mbrave77
Oneangrymo
BOB-G
Lateralus Option 1
Chosen_S was option 2 and now wants option 1 05/28
GreatPins Paid in full ( Option 1)
mjpinballs
FtrMech Paid in Full ( Option 2)
MikeHogue
Nstone4425
Deadpin ( OPTION 1)
Jason Shipping to Australia
Aeon (Option 2) Shipping to Norway
Jackalwere Option 1
Backflipper
PDX Mike
Estrader - Option 2- Switched to option 1
visualmagic
driph Option 2
TheJesman Option 1
Hilliguy Option 2( Changed to option 1) Feb28th
Ceemunkey Option 2 Shipping to Australia - Wants to upgrade to option 1
vlad_nada
Firechief81
oliator (Paid in full - Option 1) Shipping to Switzerland
aaron6920 ( Option 1-Paid In Full)
Henning - Option 1 ( Paid in full) Shipping to Austria
Sjoend - Option 1 ( paid in Full $999) Shipping to Netherlands
empty-m Option 2 ( Paid in Full $750) MOVE TO OPTION 1....OWES $250
Kkoss24 Option 2 ( Wired full payment)
Jurulz Option 1 ( Paid in Full) Ship to Canada
JDub03 Option 1 ( Paid in Full)
MarioParty- MANK NEW OWNER Option 2 (Paid)- WANTS OPTION 1..$250 OWED 05/21
JOKERPOKER Option 2 ( Paid) - rockbiter new buyer, wants to add on the beacons. Owes $250
Makakka Option 2 ( PAID)
Jecco74 Option 1 - Paid in Full
PaulBaptise Option 1 Paid In full
BackLightpro Option 2 PAID IN FULL Owes $15 in FEES. No response
brandonx76 Option 2 Paid in full-
WCBU64 OPTION 1 PAID IN FULL....APRIL 18TH
Soundmazta Deposit made to felix $250- Option 1
T-800 ....................PAID IN FULL Option 1
matlynch91............ PAID IN FULL Option 1
Clearstar ( Rodrick) PAID IN FULL..OPTION 2
BRPPINS Brad ........PAID IN FULL..OPTION 1 -
EHaran ................. PAID IN FULL..OPTION 1

DigitalDoc........Paid in full Option 1.

All orders from Europe will be shipped from Europe. We will get shipping cost later as well for the Europe orders.
USA orders will be shipped from 2 locations in Texas. Dave and I will split that to expediate all aprons.
Once we weigh the boxes with the apron and beacons all snug we will shop for best shipping rates and also start reaching out to get payments.

#862 1 year ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

The buyer on my Alien is going to take over my spot for apron and beacons. I will send his info tomorrow after we do our deal.

I added his name as the new buyer .

#863 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Awesome!! When do you start working down the list to ship these puppies?

We are just waiting on the first 10 to arrive, double , triple check and then ask for final payment and shipping. The rest will be on a huge pallet .

We can knock out the list pretty fast once we feel 1000% it's perfect and plug and play is a go.

As I have said we will use zelle and bank wires for final payments. Almost every bank uses Zelle, go into the bank app and I am sure they have a tab. it's very easy and best part is it costs you ZERO fees. I use it almost weekly.

We are close guys.

Thanks sooooooooooooooooooo much for the patience and understanding in creating this bad ass apron. China didnt help...GRR.

#864 1 year ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

I added his name as the new buyer .

Yes. Pm sent to confirm

#865 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

Is there any strobe effect implemented in the game? How does it look?

#866 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Hell yeah there is! Like I said earlier, it is even brighter with the production units! Additionally, the speed of the strobe is adjustable in the software.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#867 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

Is there a reason why you didn't show the acid burns on the right side, or any gameplay with this new production apron and showing the beacons? We understand you say it's brighter and you're impressed, but it's hard to tell from that video with you not showing the whole thing installed and you moving around and talking without showing the entire apron even from a player's view at a distance.

If it's not ready, I get it. It's a very expensive mod and we've been waiting quite a while, so maybe I was just hoping to see more of it. I don't know.

I'm not accusing you of anything, but it seemed like you purposefully avoided them because maybe it's not ready? Just curious.

#868 1 year ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Is there a reason why you didn't show the acid burns on the right side, or any gameplay with this new production apron and showing the beacons? We understand you say it's brighter and you're impressed, but it's hard to tell from that video with you not showing the whole thing installed and you moving around and talking without showing the entire apron even from a player's view at a distance.
If it's not ready, I get it. It's a very expensive mod and we've been waiting quite a while, so maybe I was just hoping to see more of it. I don't know.
I'm not accusing you of anything, but it seemed like you purposefully avoided them because maybe it's not ready? Just curious.

Yes, there is a reason... I don't have right type of LEDs for the acid burns for this unit. The production units have the pulsating acid burn LEDs like shown in previous videos. There has also already been plenty of gameplay videos. Hard to really tell any differences in videos. This thing is like the Grand Canyon... you just have to see it in person.

#869 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

Yes, there is a reason... I don't have right type of LEDs for the acid burns for this unit. The production units have the pulsating acid burn LEDs like shown in previous videos. There has also already been plenty of gameplay videos. Hard to really tell any differences in videos. This thing is like the Grand Canyon... you just have to see it in person.

Awesome! Makes sense to me. Really excited about this, man!

Thank you for clarifying!

#870 1 year ago

<blockquote

Quoted from Zablon:

Post 345 captures the moment

#871 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

My understanding is that PinStadiums have a trigger that can be driven by 5V, 12V, or 24V. If that is the case, there is no reason why PinStadiums couldn't be hooked up to the beacon power output to shut the PinStadium off when the beacons go on. I'm not too familiar with the PinStadiums, but it has been discussed here before, so I'm sure we will eventually get some integration working with them.

I would never put pinstadiums in alien. I'm actually talking about a new mod to develop color changing game side panel blades. Similar, but better than the LE version. Drivin by the apron aux out.

You guys would make bank selling to SE owners.

#872 1 year ago

Ok guys we're on the home stretch now. We have a small production batch on the way and should be here by the end of next week or earlier. we will then make an installation video and contact the first people on the list to submit final payment before shipping. The balance of the aprons will be coming on 2 pallets all are almost boxed and ready to go.

You guys are going to be so happy once you receive these.

IMG-20220714-WA0002 (resized).jpgIMG-20220714-WA0002 (resized).jpgIMG-20220715-WA0001 (resized).jpgIMG-20220715-WA0001 (resized).jpgIMG-20220715-WA0004 (resized).jpgIMG-20220715-WA0004 (resized).jpg
#873 1 year ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Ok guys we're on the home stretch now. We have a small production batch on the way and should be here by the end of next week or earlier. we will then make an installation video and contact the first people on the list to submit final payment before shipping. The balance of the aprons will be coming on 2 pallets all are almost boxed and ready to go.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank You

#874 1 year ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Now this sure turned into something, didn't it?
From what, 10 units? To this? Wow!

#875 1 year ago

I guess you guys aren’t going to sell the beacon mod seperate? Or consider giving a diagram of the beacon mod to allow DIY? Expecting no, just thought no harm in asking.

#876 1 year ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Man o man... i cannot wait.. Last mod for my pin. Double Blanton's and a cigar once installed in the teams honor! Well done!

#877 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I guess you guys aren’t going to sell the beacon mod seperate? Or consider giving a diagram of the beacon mod to allow DIY? Expecting no, just thought no harm in asking.

I wouldn't personally be opposed to providing a "beacon-only" mod somehow. The problem is that in order to trigger the beacons, you'd still need all the same wiring/custom cables provided with this apron/beacons mod. I think the only cable that a "beacons-only" solution would eliminate would be the Weapon Ready cable. You'd also still need the 2 AUX PCBs, beacon interface PCB, and Alien Annunciator PCB. So basically, even without the apron, a "beacon-only" mod would be just as complicated, which is why I think providing a diagram wouldn't be useful to most people.

Now, I'm guessing that it should be possible to connect some beacons on the SV in the same way they are connected on the LV, but you'd lose the multi-mode functionality that this Alien Apron mod provides. Also, you'd probably need to select LV-mode in the software, and I'm not sure if there are any negative ramifications of running LV software on an SV machine, since I've never tried any of these ideas.

#878 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

I wouldn't personally be opposed to providing a "beacon-only" mod somehow. The problem is that in order to trigger the beacons, you'd still need all the same wiring/custom cables provided with this apron/beacons mod. I think the only cable that a "beacons-only" solution would eliminate would be the Weapon Ready cable. You'd also still need the 2 AUX PCBs, beacon interface PCB, and Alien Annunciator PCB. So basically, even without the apron, a "beacon-only" mod would be just as complicated, which is why I think providing a diagram wouldn't be useful to most people.
Now, I'm guessing that it should be possible to connect some beacons on the SV in the same way they are connected on the LV, but you'd lose the multi-mode functionality that this Alien Apron mod provides. Also, you'd probably need to select LV-mode in the software, and I'm not sure if there are any negative ramifications of running LV software on an SV machine, since I've never tried any of these ideas.

Thanks for replying. I only just bought my Alien and it already has a custom apron, so was just after the beacons. It is a fantastic mod you have created. Thanks for letting me know. Everyone who has bought one of these beauties enjoy!!

#879 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Thanks for replying. I only just bought my Alien and it already has a custom apron, so was just after the beacons. It is a fantastic mod you have created. Thanks for letting me know. Everyone who has bought one of these beauties enjoy!!

Wow, can you post a picture. Would love to see it.

#880 1 year ago

Post #8355

4bcad0427e1f3116018973d67026e82205feee1e (resized).jpg4bcad0427e1f3116018973d67026e82205feee1e (resized).jpg
#881 1 year ago

i think it was the Kurt Savage one on his SV... overlay?

#882 1 year ago

Do we need to purchase a 12 volt power supply for this Apron mod.
If so which ones are people buying?

#883 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Do we need to purchase a 12 volt power supply for this Apron mod.
If so which ones are people buying?

No... an external power supply is completely optional. Everything you need to make it work is included.

#884 1 year ago

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Post #8355
[quoted image]

Quoted from Baggerman:

i think it was the Kurt Savage one on his SV... overlay?

Yep. That’s the one. Too good to replace, ties in with cabinet decals. Kurt did an awesome job. The apron developed here is fantastic, but I can’t replace the one I have. Anyway, thanks!

#885 1 year ago

So, is there any way to make the LV beacons work with this apron mod? Can't it connect the same way as the larger ones? I've asked this before, but LVs weren't out yet, so now that they're out, will anyone test this out?

I know it's more money for you to sell the beacons with the apron, but if there is a way to make this work with the LV, it would be the right thing to do for the community and for those who may prefer them, imo.

I'm a software engineer and would be happy to help in whatever way I can, but I just now got invoiced for my LV, so I don't have my machine here just yet.

It's not the end of the world or anything, but I'm extremely curious how this couldn't work with the LV. I'm really excited for this mod, especially!

#886 1 year ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

So, is there any way to make the LV beacons work with this apron mod? Can't it connect the same way as the larger ones? I've asked this before, but LVs weren't out yet, so now that they're out, will anyone test this out?
I know it's more money for you to sell the beacons with the apron, but if there is a way to make this work with the LV, it would be the right thing to do for the community and for those who may prefer them, imo.
I'm a software engineer and would be happy to help in whatever way I can, but I just now got invoiced for my LV, so I don't have my machine here just yet.
It's not the end of the world or anything, but I'm extremely curious how this couldn't work with the LV. I'm really excited for this mod, especially!

The LV beacons won't be able to connect the same way because the Apron beacons have a 3rd-wire used for changing the beacon mode. What are you trying to accomplish by hooking up the LV beacons to the Apron? You can just leave them connected as they were provided by the factory and they will work as they did before.

#887 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

The LV beacons won't be able to connect the same way because the Apron beacons have a 3rd-wire used for changing the beacon mode. What are you trying to accomplish by hooking up the LV beacons to the Apron? You can just leave them connected as they were provided by the factory and they will work as they did before.

Oh, ok. Gotcha. I was trying to accomplish not spending the extra money for 2 beacons when the LV comes with beacons already, but after your explanation it seems it's worth it for changing the beacon mode.

Does that mean you can have 4 beacons on top of the LV? Or am I an idiot and not understanding correctly?

Thank you for clarifying, Brado!

#888 1 year ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Oh, ok. Gotcha. I was trying to accomplish not spending the extra money for 2 beacons when the LV comes with beacons already, but after your explanation it seems it's worth it for changing the beacon mode.
Does that mean you can have 4 beacons on top of the LV? Or am I an idiot and not understanding correctly?
Thank you for clarifying, Brado!

Yes, you could definitely have two sets of beacons up there.. the LV beacons and the apron beacons. That might be pretty cool looking. Royale-W-Cheese was talking about doing that on his LV.

#889 1 year ago

I will run both....The stock ones hardly go off. I like the larger look and also the more accurate colors. I might take off the squished ones and add a cool alien sculpture between them one day.

So much more functions going on with the mod build.

You will not be disappointed.

#890 1 year ago

I will run both....The stock ones hardly go off. I like the larger look and also the more accurate colors. I might take off the squished ones and add a cool alien sculpture between them one day.
So much more functions going on with the mod build.
You will not be disappointed.

I'm thinking the same thing. Will you please post pictures when you gets yours set up? Thanks for the info.

#891 1 year ago

You guys started on the queen apron yet? You can theme it like Wembley?

#892 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

You guys started on the queen apron yet? You can theme it like Wembley?

I am thinking Gilligan's Island should be next.

#893 1 year ago

11gs for the Rhapsody edition.. buy now at Cointaker!!

#894 1 year ago

Nice... we can save on production cost by making the apron out of a coconut and making the electronics out of some vines and leaves.

#895 1 year ago

Folks figure out shipping costs for these bad mamma jammas yet? Im in no rush as i am waiting for replacment wireforms to come in... but curious.

#896 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Folks figure out shipping costs for these bad mamma jammas yet? Im in no rush as i am waiting for replacment wireforms to come in... but curious.

we will have these next week and then shop price across usa zip codes. We have one buyer in Canada that we need to get some quotes.

4 buyers in AU as well.

I can see the finish line.

#897 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

Nice... we can save on production cost by making the apron out of a coconut and making the electronics out of some vines and leaves.

You are the professor, Dave is the skipper and i guess I am Gilligan. Baggerman can dress up and be Mary Ann. lol

#898 1 year ago

You are the professor, Dave is the skipper and i guess I am Gilligan. Baggerman can dress up and be Mary Ann. lol

Pfft.. everyone knows Ginger was the gal on that show.. I have my sequined dress all ready. LOL

#899 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Pfft.. everyone knows Ginger was the gal on that show.. I have my sequined dress all ready. LOL

Ginger was a tart. Any real fan knows Mary Ann was the real winner. I know me some GI trivia.

#900 1 year ago

So those of us that are paid up are still waiting for a final shipping bill correct?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 160.00
$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 1,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-apron-amp-lighting-mod/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.